NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids go to commack public schools.
However, it is not easy keeping up with the jones'!
Any mention of IM working since she had been disbarred?
Also, changing the house to RM's name...did that happen around the time she was having legal issues?

I was discussing this case with a friend and she told me this story of a very affluent figure in her community. Devoted husband and father of 5. Successful businessman. Lots of family and friends. One day...just POOF...disappeared. Everyone that knew him was in shock. Was happy-go-lucky, no enemies. Sure enough, he was found shortly after. Took his own life.
Im not saying this is what happened with RM. im saying...there is more to the picture than what meets the eye. Things may appear fluffy but we just dont know what was really going on in their lives.

RSBM (just saving space)

...there is more to the picture than what meets the eye.

With the possible NamUs errors (if they are errors), misinformation in early news reports, and lack of additional facts and/or statements from the last people who saw him... I'm not even sure of a definite timeline for RM's disappearance. My manner of viewing a case is to take known facts then add-in family dynamics and comments by family/friends. With what seems to be a shaky timeline, I find it especially difficult to contemplate and speculate on the family life and thus can't even conjure a picture.

Maybe it's just me. :sigh:

Taxes alone on the house are $20,000. They did renovations last year of more than $75,000. IM was a lawyer so I am sure she made wise investments. Dix Hills is more of an upscale area in my opinion. I don't think there is any financial hardship here.
What intrigues me most about this case is how there are no leads on this case and how LE claims there is no foul play here. I said from the beginning that he left voluntarily and I think the timing of him disappearing two days before Father's Day is significant. It appears like it may have been planned for sometime. It is hard for us to know all the facts as we clearly do not. Everything that appears rosy on the inside isn't always as it appears. In my opinion, I think there are more relevant facts that we don't have. :banghead:

Hi Maddy. Does it state on the blockshopper link or somewhere else that Rob and Ida had $75,000 worth of renovations during 2012? If they did, I find that to be interesting. Tia!

Hi Maddy. Does it state on the blockshopper link or somewhere else that Rob and Ida had $75,000 worth of renovations during 2012? If they did, I find that to be interesting. Tia!

That info is on the Huntington town property info webpage huntingtonny.gov

I am married as long as RM and IM---and Mr C and I have spent nights apart due to work (RM never worked night shift??), family stuff, etc. It happens and there you go.

A question I have asked a few times and maybe a verified insider can answer it-- who got RM into Local 3???? Is the connection on his side of the family or on IM's side???

I'd say her side.

Could his going missing g have anything at all to do with bis wife's past problems ?

Forensic dept maybe short handed since vacation time?

But why take and keep a car for months, if no signs of foul play? And why say that at all, if they have not checked out the car yet?

But why take and keep a car for months, if no signs of foul play? And why say that at all, if they have not checked out the car yet?

Agree! This is a strange case!
Also interesting the number of posts it has generated with so little (nothing) really new.

Was he the victim of foul play? :dunno:

Did he have a secret life and took off? :dunno:

Did his going missing have anything to do with father's day? With what seems a hurriedly planed trip to Italy? :dunno:

And then there's the car being left of all places, the one place he never wanted to leave his car at - the train station...

Lastly, his day starts out mixed up with his forgetting his wallet, yet he goes about as if all is normal, stopping off at the scrape yard on his way home...

Agree! This is a strange case!
Also interesting the number of posts it has generated with so little (nothing) really new.

Was he the victim of foul play? :dunno:

Did he have a secret life and took off? :dunno:

Did his going missing have anything to do with father's day? With what seems a hurriedly planed trip to Italy? :dunno:

And then there's the car being left of all places, the one place he never wanted to leave his car at - the train station...

Lastly, his day starts out mixed up with his forgetting his wallet, yet he goes about as if all is normal, stopping off at the scrape yard on his way home...
Don't u need I'd to trade scrap even if they know ?

News 12 did a follow up interview with IM today, according to her post on FB.

folks, bumping up the social media reminders. If there is an official find facebook page you can link to it and paraphrase what you are directing other posters to note but you cannot copy and paste comments or post screen caps. Thanks so much for your understanding and welcome to all new members!

Wow, Nursie...

Not only are you a Lovely LVN... A Marvelous Mod...

but you are an Outstanding Organist, too!

:Banane57:

do you play the upright?

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads