NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe NCNY and RM's car was seen in the video after the scrap yard visit. It makes his car being found at the train station make more sense.

Maybe RM was carjacked and was instructed to go home to get his wallet for his ATM card. And maybe he just couldn't find it when he got there. Or maybe grabbed a weapon like a knife or something instead.

Lotsa maybes.

I'm ruling out "Left voluntarily". Because if, for whatever reason, you're going to skip out on your current life, why go to work and then return homeward, and stop at a scrap yard?
IMO.
It bothers me, that we had an insider who appeared certain that RM stopped home that afternoon, and now that's been retracted, but I guess we are to discount that info.

That said, something had to happen at/around that Scrap Yard, or between there and Train Sta. The Scrap Yard area, I think someone likely knows something there. Interesting that the cameras weren't working that day.

BBM - I agree. I feel something happened at the scrap yard or immediately after he left the yard. I don't believe RM drove his car to the station himself. Between the seat being pulled up and the steering locking thingamajiggy not being engaged, someone else drove that car. But why not leave it at the side of the road? Why drive it to a parking lot?

How do we know that he was absolutely seen at the scrap yard? No cameras, so it's just by an employee's word? Do you have to sign anything when you're selling scrap?

BBM - I agree. I feel something happened at the scrap yard or immediately after he left the yard. I don't believe RM drove his car to the station himself. Between the seat being pulled up and the steering locking thingamajiggy not being engaged, someone else drove that car. But why not leave it at the side of the road? Why drive it to a parking lot?

How do we know that he was absolutely seen at the scrap yard? No cameras, so it's just by an employee's word? Do you have to sign anything when you're selling scrap?

I am starting to feel the same way that maybe he was never there. What is this confirmation exactly? Unless there is a time/date stamped receipt of his exact purchase, Im starting to think he was never really there.

Relying on an employee's word that he was there is shaky at best. Especially if he was a regular there (which I believe he was). The employee could have easily mixed up the days (thurs for friday), etc.... Unless, being a regular, he ONLY went there on Fridays.

Since IM is confirming he was there, and seems to know the transaction was "minimal", I guess she somehow has lock solid proof he was indeed there, so we will have to believe it.

And for the record, I would love to know what "MINIMAL" is..sounds evasive once again, but whatever.....

Does this receipt actually indicate what type of scrap was turned in? That would help a lot...I imagine it does, as I am sure different metals yield different cash payouts. If it was copper, or some hard drives, the differences could be very telling on what Mr. Mayer was up to, if anything.

I tend to believe NCNY and RM's car was seen in the video after the scrap yard visit. It makes his car being found at the train station make more sense.

Maybe RM was carjacked and was instructed to go home to get his wallet for his ATM card. And maybe he just couldn't find it when he got there. Or maybe grabbed a weapon like a knife or something instead.

Lotsa maybes.

I personally dont believe he made it home, but following up on your theory.... Maybe something spooked him at the scrap yard, or maybe he got warned by someone there...and ran to protect himself/his family.

Maybe he ran home, got a bag of hidden cash in the garage, tucked it under the seat, drove to the station, got the cash out (seat moved up), and hoped on the next train to Clarksville and vanished off into thin air.

yes, when selling scrap you need to provide photo ID and paperwork, once your on file and they know you, they stop asking for ID, they do it to show a paper trail in case any stolen items come in.

Lotsa maybes.

But as of yet, we're not sure if it was RM driving ... correct?

yes, when selling scrap you need to provide photo ID and paperwork, once your on file and they know you, they stop asking for ID, they do it to show a paper trail in case any stolen items come in.

I just asked a friend who has knowledge of this. Yes you need your drivers license and they write down your name, drivers license number and take down your license plate. They also put down what you brought in, ex 30lbs of copper, anything with a serial number etc. Its on your receipt also.

They usually carry their union cards intheir wallets. My husband is a journey electician.

I just asked a friend who has knowledge of this. Yes you need your drivers license and they write down your name, drivers license number and take down your license plate. They also put down what you brought in, ex 30lbs of copper, anything with a serial number etc. Its on your receipt also.

I can't help but think the some places would forgo paperwork and keep some transactions with customers they know and trust off the books and undocumented... of course no one going come out an say this...

I'm ruling out "Left voluntarily". Because if, for whatever reason, you're going to skip out on your current life, why go to work and then return homeward, and stop at a scrap yard?
IMO.
It bothers me, that we had an insider who appeared certain that RM stopped home that afternoon, and now that's been retracted, but I guess we are to discount that info.

That said, something had to happen at/around that Scrap Yard, or between there and Train Sta. The Scrap Yard area, I think someone likely knows something there. Interesting that the cameras weren't working that day.

:banghead:Its still posted on Find the Missing website about being on camera.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20818/0/

I wondered because the posted timeline and faq was removed.

The attachments from the FB site were removed because:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I can't help but think the some places would forgo paperwork and keep some transactions with customers they know and trust off the books and undocumented... of course no one going come out an say this...

It was signed into Law 2008

Gershow Recycling, and representatives of Long Island scrap metal companies, including PK Metals, Arrow Scrap Corp, and DeMatteo Salvage are available for comment upon the County Executive signing legislation, co-sponsored by Legislators Stern and Losquadro, into law.

"We are pleased the County Executive is signing this bill into law today.

http://www.gershow.com/news/scrap-metal-signing.php

I also found this regarding the procedure when selling scrap metal in Suffolk

Each report would include the name, address and other information about the seller, the type of scrap and the purchase price. Mr. Rau said the information would enable the police to use computer technology to detect and arrest thieves.

The police would also use the computer link to send recyclers advisories about scrap just reported stolen. Use of the system, they said, might have led to the arrest of whoever stole the Sachem soccer goals.

The real-time reporting system would be the first of its kind in the country, the recycling institute said, and has drawn the institute's attention because of its implications for the industry nationwide.

more at link

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D02E4DE113FF932A25751C0A9619C8B63

Jerry516.. So do you think that is how LE found out about him being there???

Let's consider this. As some have previously mention, some of these scrap yards are possibly run by the mob. Many of the people associated with them are not pillars of the community. Some clients also may not be pillars of the community. So, while some of us are saying, "ID is required, license is required, license plates are required, type of metal is required" etc etc, do we think that a deal can take place that has not been executed 100% by the book? I'm not implying that RM or Arrow has done anything specifically underhanded. But could "a person", go to "a place" and get a deal done for the right compensation? What if someone is a chronic thief of scrap that does not want their ID associated with any transaction? The yard may say, "I understand, but what's in it for me"? Well, what if the going rate is $1 per pound of scrap? Yard says, I'll give you 65 cents and we'll do it "off the books". Weekly guy comes in with his haul and gets his cash at a discounted rate to the yard. No paperwork. No trail. Everyone wins. Even customer who may be stealing and converting it with to paper trail evidence. Yard is getting metal/scrap to do what ever it is they do with it at a 35% discount.

All I'm trying to point out is, everyone saying, "yeah but you need this or you need that", do you really? Are we really going to RELY on these requirements? The scrap yard LACK of evidence of a transaction is not trustworthy. Of course, if evidence of a transaction does exist, it would most likely be true. Whether or not anyone has the proper ID when going to these yards is irrelevant to me.

I also found this regarding the procedure when selling scrap metal in Suffolk

Each report would include the name, address and other information about the seller, the type of scrap and the purchase price. Mr. Rau said the information would enable the police to use computer technology to detect and arrest thieves.

The police would also use the computer link to send recyclers advisories about scrap just reported stolen. Use of the system, they said, might have led to the arrest of whoever stole the Sachem soccer goals.

The real-time reporting system would be the first of its kind in the country, the recycling institute said, and has drawn the institute's attention because of its implications for the industry nationwide.

more at link

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D02E4DE113FF932A25751C0A9619C8B63

Jerry516.. So do you think that is how LE found out about him being there???
WOW! Great article, who would have thought $12,000? Did I read that right???

WOW! Great article, who would have thought $12,000? Did I read that right???

Yes $12,000 dollars. They stole the bleachers (seats). The Detectives came to my house asking if I saw anything. They had to carry them away which weigh alot, throw them over a fence and go onto someone's back yard. They must of had a very large truck to put them in.

I have a feeling this one will be going on a while. With contradictions in the years to come from media reports and incorrect quotes given in the early stages. Just MHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader