NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't put too much thought into IM's "we'll keep you safe" comment. I'm sure when someone's missing and you're scared for them and have no idea what happened, it's just something that seems like the thing to say. Your home is your safe place; so is your family. I might say the same thing - "if you come back to me, I'll guard you with my life!" That said...

Since the likelihood that he took off voluntarily is looking quite possible, IM probably feels the shame and embarrassment that would come with that. Not that she should or deserves to, but I'm thinking about the gossip, the esteem issues that would come with that, the possible feelings of inadequacy. The "what would the neighbors think" thing. It would kill my self-esteem for quite a while if someone did that to me. Yes, he loves his job and house and kids and everything, but how many times have we heard that before from people who've taken off voluntarily.

And regarding the possibility of foul play, she might wonder if she inadvertently had anything to do with that too - for reasons I can't mention here - and the guilt would be unfathomable.

So I think a lot of what she's doing now is still trying to find out where her husband is and what happened to him, but also to save face in her community, you know? It's gotta be really, really hard.

The "keep you safe" remark still seems weird to me, when referring to a middle-aged man who was/is presumably the head of the family. JMO

But would you know if ALL his tools were missing? Would you find it odd that his trunk is completely empty? Would you know that he goes to scrap yards? You may not know details but you would know basic info.

He doesn't have a trunk, it's in the back of his SUV. I guess I would think it was odd if I saw there was nothing back there, but it would have to be pointed out to me. I do know he goes to scrap yards in the Bronx and Brooklyn, but that's about it.

I think at this point, she may even be trying to find out WHO her husband is.
Unless she is somehow involved, knowingly or not, in his disappearance...im sure she is replaying every word and scenario, every argument, every comment to try to make sense of it all.

Sorry for my post earlier today. In another case I followed extremely closely we had a couple of insiders who were not always posting an I always used there posts for reference. Rip Jennifer Ramsaran!! I wasn't sleuthing the insider here but wanted to bring the posts back up to get a fresh perspective. I wasn't aiming to figure out if they were accurate posts or debating them.

With that said, I wish I could contribute more. What kills me is that even with recent publicity, us as the public hasn't seen any signs of him alive or any clues as to what happened. No one is saying anything!!!!

I feel a chilly breeze... the case is growing colder every moment.
I'm wondering when the FB posts will start dwindling. jmo

MOO is that the RM Search Group FB page is indeed fast becoming ineffective toward the goal of finding RM due to increasing :slapfight: (infighting); a lack of focus/organization from the start; and cross questions & crooked answers. I do not mean to sound overly critical because I believe some people wanting to help in the beginning - had good intentions but were "green" to how a posting forum on social media needs to be managed.

In addition, it seems evident some known information is not being shared - as evidenced by one of the page administrators listing 3 responsibilities. Number 2 given as - Not allowing evidence that needs to be kept quiet stated on this page. One of the most frustrating aspects was the appearance of transparency and not being up front in saying that some facts will not be shared or discussed.
Through the years I have read several FB pages for missing that were effective; this one seems to be grinding it's wheels to the rims. Sad, because they can be very effective when handled well.
:twocents: It gives me increased respect and admiration for how forums are handled here on WS. This is MOO for this evening. :fence:

Then she posted all the reasons why he would not have left voluntarily...and now there is to be no "sleuthing" on the site...only statements that bolster IM and her involuntarily missing theory. :banghead:

You are welcome to sleuth all the potential things here that could have happened with Robert. We do not need to bolster anyone. We just need to be respectful to victims and other posters.

ChristinaAshley--- welcome!!!!

NCNY was a verified insider-- you can read the post on the prior threads.

Its against the rules to talk about a member or else Id recap hon. The posts are there. Interesting read. I have a habit of leaving and coming back so I always have to go back pages or God forbid threads

And welcome to WS where your theories won't get you in trouble......

One thing that struck me about the FB page, is a comment that one of the administrators made (twice), that IM is not "obligated" to discuss the details of RM's disappearance. While that is certainly true, I thought the wording was odd. Defensive. Just say: "IM is not at liberty to discuss some of the details, but appreciates everyone's interest." Although the page has over 2,000 followers, it still has a very "closed circle" vibe to it. :grouphug:

One thing that struck me about the FB page, is a comment that one of the administrators made (twice), that IM is not "obligated" to discuss the details of RM's disappearance. While that is certainly true, I thought the wording was odd. Defensive. Just say: "IM is not at liberty to discuss some of the details, but appreciates everyone's interest." Although the page has over 2,000 followers, it still has a very "closed circle" vibe to it. :grouphug:

I agree.Something is just not right with the FB page and I think there is a lot more to this case than we are privy to.

IMO...the FB page has turned into a power play and popularity contest! Who ever professes their commitment to "protect" IM the loudest...wins!
This man has been missing two months...we dont know anything more than we knew during the first few days. That makes me uneasy.

I wonder if Ida took a polygraph?

when wives go missing the first person to poly is the hubby right?

Ok, so we know there's "evidence". My guess is:

1. Items missing from the house
2. Cell phone records

I have a feeling the car is clean. Just my opinion. It would have been
1. stripped if gang activity was involved,
2. crushed if scrap yard involved,
3. body in it if mob was involved.

Not much else I can think of with the little info that has been made public.

I wonder if Ida took a polygraph?

when wives go missing the first person to poly is the hubby right?

Agree, but don't know if I would agree to test if I were her, too much subject to interpretation.

Well....this is JMO....But I feel when cases go cold its because the person that's responsible has decided to remain silent.

I also think if strangers abduct and kill they leave their victims along the side of the road, they go to no great pains to hide a body they just want to get out of the area as fast as possible.....get as much distance between the body and themselves.

Like the sopranos!

Speaking of which - this case could be right out of that series with a guy how loved his car so much would never leave it at the train station (so where is it then found, at the train station), along with a scrape yard and guy who's family seems to know nothing about what going on, goes completely missing.

Remember in the show the great (too gory) lengths the thugs went too in order to make sure a body could not be found. One episode was even called IIRC "No Body, No Crime"...

Ok, so we know there's "evidence". My guess is:

1. Items missing from the house
2. Cell phone records

I have a feeling the car is clean. Just my opinion. It would have been
1. stripped if gang activity was involved,
2. crushed if scrap yard involved,
3. body in it if mob was involved.

Not much else I can think of with the little info that has been made public.

BBM - My guess is the surveillance tape.

Speaking of which - this case could be right out of that series with a guy how loved his car so much would never leave it at the train station (so where is it then found, at the train station), along with a scrape yard and guy who's family seems to know nothing about what going on, goes completely missing.

Remember in the show the great (too gory) lengths the thugs went too in order to make sure a body could not be found. One episode was even called IIRC "No Body, No Crime"...

Yes I remember that one!
What many don't understand this stuff happens daily in these mob families.
Cross them u are in trouble!
Married to them Still trouble!

Something is going on and I find it very mobish lol !!!!!
anyone hear the godfather theme? Goodfellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams