NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a 'spill my guts' type. Originally, I thought as you do - that I'd share every foible, every idiosyncrasy, indeed, confess each sin. On further thought, I realized NOT if I felt my kids and I may have been abandoned and certainly NOT if I were attempting to win him back. To LE, I'd share what was useful, to others, perhaps very little.

(Seems on back on my "Hungry Heart" scenario)

But IM says he would never leave them. I honestly think she believes that.

And btw Mr Avalon is very private and he would probably come out of the woodwork just to shut me up in your scenario!

LOL I have no idea and they can go to jail for 35 to 50 years!
The hubby was in construction or something lost his lic to a dui then used his brothers Birth cert to get another lic they got busted lol they are in trouble with the irs and have committed like 100 counts of mortgage frauds . LOL

but his wife will help him do anything to get out of all this!

Here's the thing, they got off with MASSIVE fraud, millions.
Yet they show up all dolled up which costs moolah.

How do they do that???

For example, my husband is very private, doesn't have an FB page and doesn't want me to put a picture of him on mine.

If you're not a professional in LE, why would I tell you (not "you" personally, "you" in the general sense) what medication he's on? Or if we had a fight, or even how much money he got from selling scrap.

I would tell you that he rode his bike in such and such a place, can you help me look there? He was last seen here, can you help me put up flyers?

I agree. No one has to get too personal. All you need is to humanize him a bit --something like he loves the water and prefers quite times at home opposed to parties. He has always wanted to learn to ski or go to Alaska. Stuff like that.

It may get us no where, but at least we have an idea of his personality and maybe where he would likely head to--- if he left.

LOL I have no idea and they can go to jail for 35 to 50 years!
The hubby was in construction or something lost his lic to a dui then used his brothers Birth cert to get another lic they got busted lol they are in trouble with the irs and have committed like 100 counts of mortgage frauds . LOL

but his wife will help him do anything to get out of all this!

Hmmm, the IRS. Need I say more . . .

I am a 'spill my guts' type. Originally, I thought as you do - that I'd share every foible, every idiosyncrasy, indeed, confess each sin. On further thought, I realized NOT if I felt my kids and I may have been abandoned and certainly NOT if I were attempting to win him back. To LE, I'd share what was useful, to others, perhaps very little.

(Seems on back on my "Hungry Heart" scenario)

Big big big Springsteen fan....had to acknowledge the post.....Got a wife and kid in Baltimore Jack I went out for a ride and I never went back....

:rockon:

All good questions. Did he ever go to ball game? Sports fan?
Yankees? Mets?
IIRC, IM stated he never went out with friends.

I read otherwise, union FB I believe. I read he would have a beer with the guys, IIRC. Don't ask me where I saw it, might be rumor, but I know I read it. Union has a FB page. :twocents:

Totally off topic.

I grew up in Yonkers. We were Yankees fans.
Bless my Aunt Ann who took us each year.
Walk to Broadway, bus to Woodlawn to take to El train.

She always bought box seats up front. Hot dogs, peanuts, you name it.
She was all about Mantle, Maris, Berra and Pepitone.

When I got to HS, it was more about Chambliss, Reggie, Willie, Munson, Dent et al. I loved going there. To see that beautiful green diamond.

Many fond memories. Did Rob take his son?

But IM says he would never leave them. I honestly think she believes that.

And btw Mr Avalon is very private and he would probably come out of the woodwork just to shut me up in your scenario!

Fair enough, she probably does believe that and maybe rightly so. I wonder what her scenario is? Guess we all do. There was such a small window of time for him to meet up with foul play as a healthy middle aged male in suburbia. And the car turning up at his station.... ?????? Well....thus here we are...

Ha ha - thanks for a good laugh at the expense of Mr. A. I know what you mean. LOL

Seriously, I truly hope Rob is long gone. :twocents:

I know what you mean. I found myself thinking, "Run, Rob, run" today. Shame on me! I really hope this family finds peace, especially the children.

This isn't a game of Clue.

if my boyfriend vanished, I would tell u all everything about him... EVERYTHING! if I'm worried about his safety, and possibly his LIFE, our family and his child, then I absolutely want u to know that he has an accent, walks like a penguin, ALWAYS wipes his mouth (multiple times) with a napkin during each meal, asks too many questions of every clerk, everywhere we go. why? because I want u to notice him by ANY detail you might pick up on. I don't care if he's embarrassed, I only care that he's safe. he'd understand this.

with that being said, if no foul play is suspected by LE, what would they possibly be withholding?

also, did anyone ask/get a response from IM about the world trade hat info following the possible sighting? I'm very interested in that story being followed up, especially since it appears to be the ONLY possible sighting.

I agree. While you might fantasize, in weak moments, of leaving HIM. Who would ever think HE would leave YOU? How dare he.

Even so you are not going to say OH I knew he was going to leave me lol

But here is the question!

If he left her because he does not want to be with her any longer why has he not contacted LE or his own family to just let them know he is ok?

It has to be something deeper. Trouble of some kind!
did he owe someone?

If my husband was missing (and I wanted him back) id be on the radio asking for him to please contact us or LE Id be on TV news every night. Id follow the freaking truck around and insert myself into the picture with his picture lol where there is a will there is a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo