NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry kids-- am catching up--- was away for a couple of days and could not get into thread--sigh......cawfee problems!!!!

Maybe if RM is with someone, that person is not missing--living at their place??????--oops LOL yep Eileen!!!!

It really is amazing that a grown man can just disappear without a trace. Whether he was taken by force or left on his own...noone saw him.
How long can LE drag this alng saying they do not believe any criminal activity was involved?

I noticed some interesting comments on FB. Paraphrasing:
IM stated the red abandoned car owned by electrician is till there in station lot.
Hmmmm? IDK if she was referring to Rob's car
Curious thing to say.
Also, homeless in the area, including tents.
Good questions about the scrap yards(more than 1 in immediate area) and LE are being asked as well.

Saw comment re car too. I'm thinking she would have worded that different if it was Robs car. Also, the descriptions of the areas searched sound scary. Doesn't sound safe at all.

Was the scrap yard searched?
And anyone know what time his car was seen going down his street?
Are there any HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN posters put up at the RR ?
If he was there someone had to have seen him or his CAR.

MOO - Robert will return home soon. The family will be secluded. The FB will shut down and there will be more questions than answers left for the public. And no crime committed.

Next. JMO I guess this is even the best case scenario.

I think so too Blythe---he left for a "reason", the scenario was crafted to perpetuate a story (probably the function of FB) and when he comes home it will all go away. I worry most about the kids and his mom.

Was the scrap yard searched?
And anyone know what time his car was seen going down his street?
Are there any HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN posters put up at the RR ?
If he was there someone had to have seen him or his CAR.

I think there was a search of the scrap yard early on. IM stated she was guided to the scrap yard by co-workers of RM about 2 weeks after his disappearance. Rumor of LE to search again with canines but rumor also that never happened.

Rumor car was last seen in neighbors surveillance tape around 2:50pm June 14.

Flyers are posted at train station according to search page. Lots of flyers being distributed, even out of state now.

No reported sighting so far

If RM left the car at the train station around 4:30am I believe he would have been unnoticed. Hence no report of a sighting from anyone. My opinion of course.

morning sweetlings-- am still catching up!!!!

fred&edna--post 422-- I think it depends on "victim"-RM is the victim here-- on FB its IM

McSpy--post 423-- good one!!! RM is a tall guy--a shorter person has to adjust everything--seat and all mirrors.

Why would his car still be at the train station?
Why not towed home? Or to the impound lot?

Maybe they are leaving it there to see who might try to come and get it?

If RM left the car at the train station around 4:30am I believe he would have been unnoticed. Hence no report of a sighting from anyone. My opinion of course.

They are saying his car is really loud!

morning sweetlings-- am still catching up!!!!

fred&edna--post 422-- I think it depends on "victim"-RM is the victim here-- on FB its IM

McSpy--post 423-- good one!!! RM is a tall guy--a shorter person has to adjust everything--seat and all mirrors.

Yes that FB page is very strange!

Respectfully, because even simple questions are not answered that could possibly help find him. Such as likes, dislikes, mannerisms, habits, even a clear timeline would be helpful. Don't get me wrong...if I lived close by I'd be there side by side searching for these kids dad, wherever IM wanted to search. I think the FB is losing momentum because simple questions are asked and not answered, and I think it's why she hasn't been able to keep media interested.

MOO

Thank you Philigumbo-- its the fact that simple questions like how to help identify him--quirks, likes, behaviors etc are NOT being answered that is to me suspicious.
Time line deals with facts --- let LE talk about that.

Above all...this is what i find the most odd.
She speaks the exact same words in each interview. Same demeanor.
Only her. Not the mother inlaw. Not a close friend. Not a cousin.

Momoffourboys-- thats what jumped out at me from the first---no one other than IM is talking. No friends, family members, co-workers, neighbors are talking.

Occam's Razor!
that the simplest explanation is probably the correct one!

Thank you Philigumbo-- its the fact that simple questions like how to help identify him--quirks, likes, behaviors etc are NOT being answered that is to me suspicious.
Time line deals with facts --- let LE talk about that.

Well all she has said was
Hes never been away from home not even one night.
Im not so sure he goes out with his friends have we heard from any of his friends?
has his local done any benefits or searches. Unions are big and strong with loud voices!

Another comment I noticed was the bike was kept in a shed, not the garage.

Saw comment re car too. I'm thinking she would have worded that different if it was Robs car. Also, the descriptions of the areas searched sound scary. Doesn't sound safe at all.

There are worse train stations. By far.

this is what im saying she has the resources and the know how! And the money!

they can find him or they could have helped to hide him!

I love when my mind is blown before my second cup of cawfee!!!!
But you know kids--it is easy to find a PI--your insurance company deals with them all the time--Mr C had an accident last year (minor--he is fine)--but had to go to a PI who was investigating the claim. My point--they are easy to find.

Another comment I noticed was the bike was kept in a shed, not the garage.

I wonder when he was last seen on the bike?

Who is in control of the check book and credit cards?
I remember an episode of the Kardashians where Chris had control of the cards and the cash Bruce was asking the kids for money to buy stuff.... chris gave him an allowance. Poor dude!

Could Rob have been selling scrap for pocket change? Extra money to buy something?

I think there is way to much to speculate about in this case for us to even come close. LE might know all the answers and feel he just took off. They left his car there possibly thinking he will return.

Who KNows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members