Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOUND Schwinn bike
Found Schwinn bike in west islip area . was "tucked" away!!! appears as if stolen and individual was coming back at later time. if you are possible owner call me at 631 bla bla bla and be able to identify ie.color type,serial #.. if not claimed in very near future it will be donated to someone in need. please do not call me and ask if you can have.i am looking for the rightful owner. •it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://longisland.craigslist.org/laf/3990751296.html

Posting ID: 3990751296

Posted: 2013-08-09, 11:24AM EDT

email to a friend

Hope they report this to Law Enforcement and let them check it!

morning sweetlings-- am still catching up!!!!

fred&edna--post 422-- I think it depends on "victim"-RM is the victim here-- on FB its IM

McSpy--post 423-- good one!!! RM is a tall guy--a shorter person has to adjust everything--seat and all mirrors.

IM looks pretty short.

If my spouse went missing, I'd get a DNA test on the mouth(s) of the empty water bottle(s) reportedly found in the front seat, even if I had to go to a reputable private lab and pay them hundreds of bucks.

I get it. Everyone handles shock differently. But they handle it in a way that screams urgency from the very beginning. I just haven't felt urgency from the key players.

Maybe those five stages of dying (as in sudden loss) apply here. Not that RM is necessarily dead, but that IM has gotten to the acceptance stage.

good thoughts Periwinkl--- RM was late coming home and BAM!!!! Call 911 and report him missing.

trunk things on front seat---I hope the water bottles are being tested--contents, prints, DNA etc.

Hopefully this will resolve itself very soon--- the children start school in a few weeks--would be nice for them to have this resolved and some peace of mind--MOO

If I were living in a house where the intensity, neediness and/or ethics of the person I was involved with got to a point where the tension it created was unbearable, I might take off. Especially if I had ever gotten dragged into problems it created in the past. Even more so if that person wanted a sudden "just the two of us" trip. And if I had someone else on the side...poof. But that's me.

with the bike I think they will need to fingerprint it because they don't really know what kind of bike Robert owned! N pictures of it.

Hey--a thought--well wrapped in a question--lolol-----are we convinced that RM has been in one location all this time??? (I have a few thoughts that I dont think I am allowed to share due to WS rules) Could he have ridden his bike--stayed a few days--and kept on the move??? possible yes???

could that scrap yard sell new identies?

There is a reason he left the Wallet and the cash!

Hey--a thought--well wrapped in a question--lolol-----are we convinced that RM has been in one location all this time??? (I have a few thoughts that I dont think I am allowed to share due to WS rules) Could he have ridden his bike--stayed a few days--and kept on the move??? possible yes???

Yep! Maybe only traveling at night!

Saw comment re car too. I'm thinking she would have worded that different if it was Robs car. Also, the descriptions of the areas searched sound scary. Doesn't sound safe at all.

Maybe someone should put up posters in that area (scrap yard neighborhood) with a reward printed in large text on it. Maybe someone saw or heard something on this case. Putting the case in their faces sometimes helps, IMO.

Saw comment re car too. I'm thinking she would have worded that different if it was Robs car. Also, the descriptions of the areas searched sound scary. Doesn't sound safe at all.

The areas searched...the preserve and pilgrim are :scared:SCARY:scared:
I would not even go in there with a search and rescue team.
My husband is a big, tough New Yorker...street smart and all...he would never ride a bike there. Especially, alone.

FOUND Schwinn bike
Found Schwinn bike in west islip area . was "tucked" away!!! appears as if stolen and individual was coming back at later time. if you are possible owner call me at 631 bla bla bla and be able to identify ie.color type,serial #.. if not claimed in very near future it will be donated to someone in need. please do not call me and ask if you can have.i am looking for the rightful owner. •it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://longisland.craigslist.org/laf/3990751296.html

Posting ID: 3990751296

Posted: 2013-08-09, 11:24AM EDT

email to a friend

Maybe someone should call and ask if it is a green mountain bike. Can't hurt.

NCNY later retracted this. The money found in the garage was thought to NOT come from the proceeds of the scrap yard transaction.

Thanks. I find it strange he left any money and his wallet in the garage. Seems like an odd place to begin with. Maybe he was doing something physical and the wallet and pocket change bothered him, so he removed them from his pockets? I can see him leaving his money and wallet on a dresser or coffee table, but in the garage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879