NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If involved with another love interest, I can see a person leaving regardless of kids... it's amazing how cruel some can be when they get involved with someone else... (suffice it to say I'm talking about an X).

If going off my himself, then I think kids would hold him back... also, if alone, as times goes on, he's going to miss them.

Unless, he thought they would be better off without him. We don't know what goes on inside other people's heads. On the other hand, it could be a clue that foul play took place and that is why he is missing.

Another thought...well question, yes (lol)----in the interviews IM has done, has she ever spoken out to RM, made an appeal to him??? Other than the one statement about keeping him "safe" ?

It boggles my mind that someone would up and leave their family for a love interest. I can see ditching the spouse but the kids..thats harsh.
Not sure if it is against rules for me to tell about someone i know (unrelated to these people) but my friend's hubby reconnected with high school friend on FB...within a week, he was gone. Left wife behind with 5 kids.
He did, eventually return...sometimes the fantasy is much better than the reality.

am going OT------You know Momoffourboys-- people do things.....Mr C has a great friend--went to high school with him, in each others wedding parties etc-- but he is in effect cheating on his wife with one of the guys in the group. They go to ball games, out for drinks a few times a week, to the movies. I pointed it out a few months ago to Mr C when they tried to get him to go away with them for a few days. He was unable to go b/c of work and I said to Mr C "The happy couple will have to get along with out you I guess"--he paused and said "OMG--you're right--its like they are dating each other"

what ya thinkin' Phili???????

I think she is saying if the abandoned car was abandoned by a female electrician, she could be with Rob.

I could be wrong on the interpretation . .

Wish there was more info on why an electrician (of all people) would abandoned their car there.

McSpy-- are the tags, inspection etc up to date??? Or did the driver leave it there---maybe too drunk to drive?????

I wonder how RM did during the Great Recession. I heard alot of trademen couldn't find work. Was it different for union guys? Does the union take care of them, if they suffer long term unemployment?

I know an electrician who went to Afghanistan to work, because he couldn't find anything in his area. He did electrical work there for the military as a civilian.

Maybe RM did go on the road to work----lotta guys came down from North to help out wth the hurricane damage--Mr C and I met a fun group from New Foundland--awesome guys who bought us drinks on the ferry b/c we took their pictures for them.

I wonder how RM did during the Great Recession. I heard alot of trademen couldn't find work. Was it different for union guys? Does the union take care of them, if they suffer long term unemployment?

I know an electrician who went to Afghanistan to work, because he couldn't find anything in his area. He did electrical work there for the military as a civilian.

It has not been easy.
I know several union electricians out on furlough, on and off, for months.
The union does not take care of them.
One friend JUST got a job after being furloughed for ten months (husband, father of 2, mortgage...) and the new job is a night job. Works all night. Sleeps all day.

I think she is saying if the abandoned car was abandoned by a female electrician, she could be with Rob.

I could be wrong on the interpretation . .

Wish there was more info on why an electrician (of all people) would abandoned their car there.

I would like to know how do they know abandoned car is owned by an electrician? How could they possibly know that?

It has not been easy.
One friend JUST got a job after being furloughed for ten months (husband, father of 2, mortgage...) and the new job is a night job. Works all night. Sleeps all day.

It's been reported Rob was a foreman. Perhaps he had seniority?
Perhaps one of his employees or Bosses had a grudge for one reason or another.

OK kids-- heading out to make dinner---sleep well and be safe everyone---see you all tomorrow!!

It has not been easy.

Maybe this was an issue for the family. I can see idleness and unemployment eating away at a marriage. Sometimes it turns into a tail spin, even when work is found.

Just some thoughts . .

I would like to know how do they know abandoned car is owned by an electrician? How could they possibly know that?

Good question. Very strange indeed. Was it possible LE was looking into it and told IM about the car and perhaps the car's owner? Maybe LE questioned IM and others if Rob knew this individual? Wish we knew the answer!

It is sure curious . .

What do you guys think?
Why would she say that and how does she know?
Could it have something to do with "going public" statement?

Definitely a strange comment.
I wonder if they notified LE?

If they noticed the abandoned car weeks ago, and still abandoned,
How would they know it belongs to an electrician? We don't know if that info came from LE or elsewhere. Very strange. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serge