NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible he had an emotional/mental breakdown, and under stress.
Perhaps he just fled from too much stress.

I keep going back to his car being found where it was. Who else would know he parked it there? :truce:

If he ran into trouble at Arrow, they wouldn't know to park it there. :twocents:
I think he left a "message" by parking there.

He could have easily traveled East to one of 3 local airports without ID or passport and fled to any where, maybe even Canada. It's a short flight.
I flew to Toronto once, very short flight. All I needed was Birth Certificate.
(Amtrak from NY Penn Station) also goes to Montreal.
All you need to know is the right people. :fence:

One more question;
If his car was found at the station, why did they search Pilgrim?
With dogs, no scent..........
Why would they search there, spend the manpower and $ if LE says (so we hear) nothing criminal? Makes me wonder.

bunny hop, I'm not positive but I believe IM said the search was conducted by a local search organization and volunteers, no mention on LE involvement.

bunny hop, I'm not positive but I believe IM said the search was conducted by a local search organization and volunteers, no mention on LE involvement.

They also mentioned helicopters? FAQ.
It's a mystery.

One more question;
If his car was found at the station, why did they search Pilgrim?
With dogs, no scent..........
Why would they search there, spend the manpower and $ if LE says (so we hear) nothing criminal? Makes me wonder.

Maybe a few people did know he took a train now and then? It's like a murdering husband leaving his dead wife's car at the airport. It could have been left there to throw the police off. Was it the closest train station to the scrap yard?

Maybe a few people did know he took a train now and then? It's like a murdering husband leaving his dead wife's car at the airport. It could have been left there to throw the police off. Was it the closest train station to the scrap yard?

Yep. I still find it odd that it was parked at "his" station.
I believe the wyandanch station is closer to scrap yard but not by much and its a much more dangerous neighborhood. Also, there has been on-going construction at wyandanch...more of a chance of being seen and limited parking.

And there were helicopters used for initial search. So LE was definitely involved at the start.

Here's a scenario. Lets say he has fallen in love with someone and decides to run away. He packs up some of his stuff, leaves at 4:30am, goes to her house and she has a larger vehicle, SUV??? I know as a woman I like to have all my stuff so I would be completely packed. A guy on the other hand could pack a plastic bag. I know my guy could. LOL.

So her SUV is packed, he drives the SUV and she drives the GTO to the train station at his direction. She parks the GTO and hops into the SUV. No RM scent around the car.

I have already stated I don't believe he went to work that day, nor to Arrow. Remember IM was told about Arrow scrap yard (by his coworkers) 2 weeks after he disappeared. And that also means she spoke to his co-workers 2 weeks after he was supposed to be in work. It's been stated he didn't clock in. Phoned in his hours to his boss. So 2 weeks after we're supposed to believe a bunch of electricians remember seeing him? I'm just not buying that.

Definitely a strange comment.
I wonder if they notified LE?

If they noticed the abandoned car weeks ago, and still abandoned,
How would they know it belongs to an electrician? We don't know if that info came from LE or elsewhere. Very strange. :twocents:

It isn't strange at all. What is strange is some have mulled over a comment all day long that means nothing . But that's just me.

Obviously IM either saw items in the abandoned car that signaled to her that it was an electrition's car or she spoke to someone who knew the owner that abandoned it. Nothing to suspect or gleam from.

I also previously stated he could have been at the scrap yard but not June 14. Again, LE went to scrap 2 weeks after he disappeared. Some will say there was a receipt for a minimal transaction, but I don't recall ever hearing about a receipt, only IMs words on the FAQ that there was a minimal transaction.

It isn't strange at all. What is strange is some have mulled over a comment all day long that means nothing . But that's just me.

Obviously IM either saw items in the abandoned car that signaled to her that it was an electrition's car or she spoke to someone who knew the owner that abandoned it. Nothing to suspect or gleam from.

I believe that is what is done here...mulling over comments and very few facts.
Its all we have, so, we hang on to a word here and there. Try to make sense of it all or not at all.

Here's a scenario. Lets say he has fallen in love with someone and decides to run away. He packs up some of his stuff, leaves at 4:30am, goes to her house and she has a larger vehicle, SUV??? I know as a woman I like to have all my stuff so I would be completely packed. A guy on the other hand could pack a plastic bag. I know my guy could. LOL.

So her SUV is packed, he drives the SUV and she drives the GTO to the train station at his direction. She parks the GTO and hops into the SUV. No RM scent around the car.

I have already stated I don't believe he went to work that day, nor to Arrow. Remember IM was told about Arrow scrap yard (by his coworkers) 2 weeks after he disappeared. And that also means she spoke to his co-workers 2 weeks after he was supposed to be in work. It's been stated he didn't clock in. Phoned in his hours to his boss. So 2 weeks after we're supposed to believe a bunch of electricians remember seeing him? I'm just not buying that.

Facts that have been stated:
He was at work that day. Co-workers stated that they saw him working and they saw him leaving.
Arrow employee was interviewed and stated he was there. We have been told they have to show ID and that it is a legit business. Therefore IMO I would think a receipt confirmed the date and time.
The neighbors camera shows his car at 2:40 and again at 2:50 so we know it was on the block just not for certain he was the driver.
Also stated that money that was not there in the morning was found in the garage later in the day.

Beyond that I have no clue...IMO:
He left on his own free will because of any one of the reasons we have speculated about.
He met with foul play for anyone of those same reasons.
Or it was planned by more than one party for protection and safety...again for many of the theories that have been discussed.

If he doesn't want to be found...IMO I don't think he will be.

if he met with foul play, then hopefully LE figures that out and gives the family some peace.

Also wanted to point out....effective June 1, 2009 the US Department of Homeland Security enacted new regulations relating to crossing the US border. Effective as of that date you are required to have one of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative Approved ID's to cross the US border. These include:

A Valid US Passport
A Valid US Passport Card
A Valid Enhanced Drivers License or Enhanced State ID
A Nexus Card
Youth 15 years of age and under can still use their birth certificate to cross the border

I'm sure this has been asked but I wonder if he owned a gun. Nothin makes a whole lotta sense - I'm starting to wonder if he may have harmed himself. Maybe over his head in something .. Rode his bike to an undisclosed place and that's it. I still don't think he left his "life" for some secret life. Who knows ..... So frustrating!!! And sad. My birthday wish is that something comes to light. Closure is due one way or another.

Facts that have been stated:
He was at work that day. Co-workers stated that they saw him working and they saw him leaving.
Arrow employee was interviewed and stated he was there. We have been told they have to show ID and that it is a legit business. Therefore IMO I would think a receipt confirmed the date and time.
The neighbors camera shows his car at 2:40 and again at 2:50 so we know it was on the block just not for certain he was the driver.
Also stated that money that was not there in the morning was found in the garage later in the day.

Beyond that I have no clue...IMO:
He left on his own free will because of any one of the reasons we have speculated about.
He met with foul play for anyone of those same reasons.
Or it was planned by more than one party for protection and safety...again for many of the theories that have been discussed.

If he doesn't want to be found...IMO I don't think he will be.

if he met with foul play, then hopefully LE figures that out and gives the family some peace.

I'm sorry but none of these facts are verified in my view. I have not seen one statement from anyone verifying them. None of his co workers are publicly posting. Nobody from Arrow has publicly posted or spoken. No family has posted or spoken. Dare I say NCNY popped in and out. Again, not verified. So puzzling.

I'm sure this has been asked but I wonder if he owned a gun. Nothin makes a whole lotta sense - I'm starting to wonder if he may have harmed himself. Maybe over his head in something .. Rode his bike to an undisclosed place and that's it. I still don't think he left his "life" for some secret life. Who knows ..... So frustrating!!! And sad. My birthday wish is that something comes to light. Closure is due one way or another.

Happy Birthday. :party::party:

Going back to day 1, did LE ever make televised statement?
It has been so long that im drawing a blank.
I dont recall any statement by LE, only IM.

Also wanted to point out....effective June 1, 2009 the US Department of Homeland Security enacted new regulations relating to crossing the US border. Effective as of that date you are required to have one of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative Approved ID's to cross the US border. These include:

A Valid US Passport
A Valid US Passport Card
A Valid Enhanced Drivers License or Enhanced State ID
A Nexus Card
Youth 15 years of age and under can still use their birth certificate to cross the border

Unfortunately, this law does not stop many from getting in, or out, of the country via border crossings.

I'm sorry but none of these facts are verified in my view. I have not seen one statement from anyone verifying them. None of his co workers are publicly posting. Nobody from Arrow has publicly posted or spoken. No family has posted or spoken. Dare I say NCNY popped in and out. Again, not verified. So puzzling.

NCNY is/was verified. Family and friends have posted, you just don't know who they are. This is not a conspiracy. But one can choose what to believe.

I do see your point, but why would local #3 post a flier saying co-workers saw him at 12:30 if they knew it to not be true:

http://www.local3.com/?q=node/7216

And CBS(MSM) stated that he was at Arrow that day as well as that the Suffolk County police are still calling it an active investigation.

NCNY was verified by WS.

Going back to day 1, did LE ever make televised statement?
It has been so long that im drawing a blank.
I dont recall any statement by LE, only IM.

I recall the first report on News12 only stating he was missing with LE saying no criminal involvement. Reported by a reporter only. No LE press conference. Also stated in print. That's how I got involved in this case. That first report June 15 on News12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty