NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder if he wore a toolbelt . . And if so, where is it??

I guess his wife would know if it was typical for him to have worn a toolbelt. However, if it is missing, it could be at a pawn shop or on craigslist or with him somewhere . . .

Oh my . . It is only about 4 miles to West Islip from the train station in Deer Park. That bike could be his. It is a very populated area (could be anybody's bike), but it is worth checking.

If I were living in a house where the intensity, neediness and/or ethics of the person I was involved with got to a point where the tension it created was unbearable, I might take off. Especially if I had ever gotten dragged into problems it created in the past. Even more so if that person wanted a sudden "just the two of us" trip. And if I had someone else on the side...poof. But that's me.

Thinking about what you wrote, I agree..

It would be easier for a person to simply take off on their own and go someplace they may have always wanted to live, instead of having someone on-the-side and running off.

Now did he have a schwin?

IIRC, his wife said it was a schwinn or a mongoose. She didn't seem sure about it. I can understand it. They have couple of kids, so there are probably quite a few bikes in their garage. I can't recall the name of my own mountain bike. I have to go in the garage to see . .

Thanks. I find it strange he left any money and his wallet in the garage. Seems like an odd place to begin with. Maybe he was doing something physical and the wallet and pocket change bothered him, so he removed them from his pockets? I can see him leaving his money and wallet on a dresser or coffee table, but in the garage??

That's a good question-- I would defer to the gents on this-- Mr C carries a wallet--but keeps cash in his pocket--coins are put in a jar daily, unless he needs quarters for parking. Wallet at night is on bureau with keys.

As I enter question mode (its how we know its Monday!!)-- what about RM's desk/work space on the job-site---cleaned out?? things missing?? left it work ready for Monday??
Is his vacation noted on his work calendar?? Did he tell anyone he was taking vacation in July much less going to Italy????

I just read that IM said her son said it was a lime green Schwinn. She thought it was a mongoose, but feels she is wrong.

If I were living in a house where the intensity, neediness and/or ethics of the person I was involved with got to a point where the tension it created was unbearable, I might take off. Especially if I had ever gotten dragged into problems it created in the past. Even more so if that person wanted a sudden "just the two of us" trip. And if I had someone else on the side...poof. But that's me.

For me, the problem with this is the kids. I know people do it, but I can't see walking out on the kids. Especially if you are leaving them in the environment you describe. They would need him more than ever and he would know that.

new thought--had cawfee (obvi)--any chance the Craigs List ad is a red herring?????

Thanks. I find it strange he left any money and his wallet in the garage. Seems like an odd place to begin with. Maybe he was doing something physical and the wallet and pocket change bothered him, so he removed them from his pockets? I can see him leaving his money and wallet on a dresser or coffee table, but in the garage??

In my 51 years, I have NEVER left my wallet or any money loose in the garage. It has been odd to me from the beginning that either of those items were found there.

Read that the red car at the train station was another red car abandoned by a different electrician (not Rob's car). Wonder what the story is on that electrician? Odd to say the least.

Also, there are reports there are homeless people living in their cars at the train station too. Strange that the city would allow that. Must be free parking?

That is odd--- it may be b/c of no security cameras or parking stickers are required that homeless find it easy to park there.

What jumps out at me about this other red electricians car at stations is...how do they know its an electricians car? They say it has alot of "stuff" but if its a homeless persons car...it would have alot of stuff. Also, an electrician, homeless??
Electricians on long island make a pretty decent living.

Read that the red car at the train station was another red car abandoned by a different electrician (not Rob's car). Wonder what the story is on that electrician? Odd to say the least.

Also, there are reports there are homeless people living in their cars at the train station too. Strange that the city would allow that. Must be free parking?

Is other car owner a female??

:moo:

IIRC, his wife said it was a schwinn or a mongoose. She didn't seem sure about it. I can understand it. They have couple of kids, so there are probably quite a few bikes in their garage. I can't recall the name of my own mountain bike. I have to go in the garage to see . .

I guess! I remember if I was the one that bought it. I know what I bought for my kids. I guess Robert Bought this himself. then I understand her not knowing.

On FB, IM states she has contacted the CL poster about found bicycle but no word back yet.

For me, the problem with this is the kids. I know people do it, but I can't see walking out on the kids. Especially if you are leaving them in the environment you describe. They would need him more than ever and he would know that.

If involved with another love interest, I can see a person leaving regardless of kids... it's amazing how cruel some can be when they get involved with someone else... (suffice it to say I'm talking about an X).

If going off my himself, then I think kids would hold him back... also, if alone, as times goes on, he's going to miss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah