NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to IM she phoned RMs coworkers the night of his disappearance and they said they'd "look for him" the hour of these calls were well after the work day had ended. some have asked...

how did she have these coworkers numbers?
why would they say they'd "look for him" at those hours, after such a short amount of time "missing"?

I could see him not attending work that day and his "brothers" looking out for him.

a friend of mine worked a union job in NY... on MANY occasions we would be hanging out, out of state and his "brothers" had him covered. even last minute, he'd shoot a text and bam, suddenly he's getting paid a full work day while not even being in the state. and he'd do the same for any of them. how can we trust these testimonies as fact when these scenarios aren't uncommon amongst these men? they're not bad people or shady, they're a brotherhood that looks out for each other... even if it means lying to cover another's *advertiser censored*.

Just finished reading through all the threads--y'all are prolific. :-)

Just heartbreaking, this is. (If I had anything I wanted to add, I can't remember. Ha ha.)

tcg

NCNY is/was verified. Family and friends have posted, you just don't know who they are. This is not a conspiracy. But one can choose what to believe.

I have never mentioned this because I believe it was on the first FB search page that was closed, and therefore can't prove it, but I recall several people informing IM someone calling themselves NCNY and claiming to be a relative was posting here. And IM denounced it. Again I have no proof, and this may get proofed, but I saw it and thus discount NCNY, verified or not. Also, I have previously stated NCNY spoke mainly in the past tense, most people who are close to a situation will talk in present tense. My humble opinion.

I do see your point, but why would local #3 post a flier saying co-workers saw him at 12:30 if they knew it to not be true:

http://www.local3.com/?q=node/7216

And CBS(MSM) stated that he was at Arrow that day as well as that the Suffolk County police are still calling it an active investigation.

NCNY was verified by WS.

All this information has been provided by IM and FB search group via flyer. All MSM reports are just a repeat of the flyers being posted.

All this information has been provided by IM and FB search group via flyer. All MSM reports are just a repeat of the flyers being posted.

Also, and I'm not an expert by any means, but CBS interviews IM in the morning and airs the story the same night. That's not investigating reporting, that's just reporting.

okay I am really new to this board....actually any type of "board" in general but very curious about this case...does anyone have a link to a video of IM making the intial media statement? Or is it posted. Here somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

okay I am really new to this board....actually any type of "board" in general but very curious about this case...does anyone have a link to a video of IM making the intial media statement? Or is it posted. Here somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Great to have you here...
You can google RM missing and the original video is available.
It may be on the first thread here, as well. Not sure

I have never mentioned this because I believe it was on the first FB search page that was closed, and therefore can't prove it, but I recall several people informing IM someone calling themselves NCNY and claiming to be a relative was posting here. And IM denounced it. Again I have no proof, and this may get proofed, but I saw it and thus discount NCNY, verified or not. Also, I have previously stated NCNY spoke mainly in the past tense, most people who are close to a situation will talk in present tense. My humble opinion.

Also, and I'm not an expert by any means, but CBS interviews IM in the morning and airs the story the same night. That's not investigating reporting, that's just reporting.

Again...totally see your point, but playing both sides of the fence....you are saying that the avenues we are allowed to discuss here on WS are all not believable....doesn't leave us much to go on then...

Also think that family was probably told not to discuss anything on here to do with an ongoing investigation or whatever...but you can easily go through the list of 2100 members on the FB page and see some NC's on there, maybe even find a pic of one with RM....as well as some M last names.

according to IM she phoned RMs coworkers the night of his disappearance and they said they'd "look for him" the hour of these calls were well after the work day had ended. some have asked...

how did she have these coworkers numbers?
why would they say they'd "look for him" at those hours, after such a short amount of time "missing"?

I could see him not attending work that day and his "brothers" looking out for him.

a friend of mine worked a union job in NY... on MANY occasions we would be hanging out, out of state and his "brothers" had him covered. even last minute, he'd shoot a text and bam, suddenly he's getting paid a full work day while not even being in the state. and he'd do the same for any of them. how can we trust these testimonies as fact when these scenarios aren't uncommon amongst these men? they're not bad people or shady, they're a brotherhood that looks out for each other... even if it means lying to cover another's *advertiser censored*.

We don't know how many of his coworkers she called. Maybe she had numbers for 3 out of 20, who knows?

It's one thing to cover for a guy so his wife doesn't know he's out at a strip club or playing golf for the day. It's quite another to cover for a guy once the cops are questioning them.

Well we're not aloud to discuss other members.

Again...totally see your point, but playing both sides of the fence....you are saying that the avenues we are allowed to discuss here on WS are all not believable....doesn't leave us much to go on then...

Also think that family was probably told not to discuss anything on here to do with an ongoing investigation or whatever...but you can easily go through the list of 2100 members on the FB page and see some NC's on there, maybe even find a pic of one with RM....as well as some M last names.

I have not "sleuthed" anybody on the FB page. I read posts there and here and post my own thoughts based on all the thoughts and ideas. As does everyone else. And, with no offense at all, we really don't have much to go on.

Because that's what news shows do, they report.

do we know for a fact that it was LE who questioned them, or did IM provide the information to the police that SHE spoke to them and provided LE with the information she was given?

with no official statements from LE we are left with NOTHING but speculation and assumptions.

do we know for a fact that it was LE who questioned them, or did IM provide the information to the police that SHE spoke to them and provided LE with the information she was given?

with no official statements from LE we are left with NOTHING but speculation and assumptions.

Even if she did tell them that she spoke to his coworkers, wouldn't they follow up themselves?

I have found it odd that a coworker mentions he saw Rob at 12:30 (I think was the time). There are many trades that work on a job simultaneously. With a job site as large as the one he was on, how could he only be seen at 1 specific time, instead of on and off all day long? Could he possibly have been working alone. It seems unlikely to me.

there is no garuntee that LE would follow up on anything in this case, especially since they suspect no foul play.

LE does not always follow up. I can't not trust that they have in this case without a statement from them. I've been in situations where I've had to do work I ASSUMED LE/DA would do. written statements, phone records etc. had I not done the work myself, I would have had nothing but a police report.

I have not "sleuthed" anybody on the FB page. I read posts there and here and post my own thoughts based on all the thoughts and ideas. As does everyone else. And, with no offense at all, we really don't have much to go on.

Agreed...that's why Im trying to look at what I believe are facts and then post about my ideas and thoughts too. (IMO)
I figured that since we have been given direction on WS that we can utilize info on FB that looking at the people there isn't an issue.

But still in the end...you are correct in saying we don't have much to go on. :(

there is no garuntee that LE would follow up on anything in this case, especially since they suspect no foul play.

LE does not always follow up. I can't not trust that they have in this case without a statement from them. I've been in situations where I've had to do work I ASSUMED LE/DA would do. written statements, phone records etc. had I not done the work myself, I would have had nothing but a police report.

That's terrible.

What would make LE come to a conclusion that no criminal activity involved? I mean, is it strictly based on physical evidence? They cannot just discount what a wife says...after all, she would know her husband better than anyone.
No finger prints or scent would actually lead one to believe that this is suspicious. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty