NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked thru google and utube and I dont know if I am missing something, never had a prob before but I honestly cannot find the original report where IM makes a statement. All I am finding is the latest report and then of course the print..

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

NCNY is/was verified. Family and friends have posted, you just don't know who they are. This is not a conspiracy. But one can choose what to believe.

I've enjoyed reading your posts. if you/someone you know are family, friends close to this case, I'd love for you/them to be verified so you can clear some things up once and for all. none of the theories/suggestions posted here are meant to disrespect those closest to RM, but with so little information to rule certain things out it creates a wide range for speculation.

Anyone know how long RM has been a local 3 electrician? Did he have any other jobs?

What would make LE come to a conclusion that no criminal activity involved? I mean, is it strictly based on physical evidence? They cannot just discount what a wife says...after all, she would know her husband better than anyone.
No finger prints or scent would actually lead one to believe that this is suspicious. No?

Yes, it is strictly based off of physical evidence to conclude there was a crime. Even if the spouse or close family member states (only an example) their husband went to work, came home, ate dinner, went to bed and let's say the man did the same routine for 40 years. Also had multiple friends, family, money, etc. But one day, he just disappears. Unless there is evidence of a crime they will not pursue it as such. Missing persons cases are a little different. First one must be reported missing obviously. LE generally only follow up on sightings. They may make suggestions or opinions as to what may have happened but this is rare. LE will not pursue a case though as a crime unless they have credible evidence to support it. Then it becomes a whole new animal and flurry of forensics. However there have been few where a spouses statement to LE and others in the past have been used to incriminate the said spouse and justice was carried out with very little physical evidence. Drew Peterson and Scott Peterson come to mind.

I have looked thru google and utube and I dont know if I am missing something, never had a prob before but I honestly cannot find the original report where IM makes a statement. All I am finding is the latest report and then of course the print..

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

here it is:
http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes

A thread for info only:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212596&highlight=robert+mayer

:seeya:

I would like to know how do they know abandoned car is owned by an electrician? How could they possibly know that?

According to FB, the answer was given that window was part opened, ID was visible, car was registered and inspected, inside contents were visible. Abandoned red car was parked near Rob's car. :twocents:

It isn't strange at all. What is strange is some have mulled over a comment all day long that means nothing . But that's just me.

Obviously IM either saw items in the abandoned car that signaled to her that it was an electrition's car or she spoke to someone who knew the owner that abandoned it. Nothing to suspect or gleam from.

We're all entitled to our opinions. Asking questions is how we get answers.
Personally I think it's an important question that may provide answers and possibly a witness that may help find Rob. :moo:

Just finished reading through all the threads--y'all are prolific. :-)

Just heartbreaking, this is. (If I had anything I wanted to add, I can't remember. Ha ha.)

tcg

Welcome and feel free to jump in, if you dare. :seeya:

do we know for a fact that it was LE who questioned them, or did IM provide the information to the police that SHE spoke to them and provided LE with the information she was given?

with no official statements from LE we are left with NOTHING but speculation and assumptions.

Good point. :moo:

I have found it odd that a coworker mentions he saw Rob at 12:30 (I think was the time). There are many trades that work on a job simultaneously. With a job site as large as the one he was on, how could he only be seen at 1 specific time, instead of on and off all day long? Could he possibly have been working alone. It seems unlikely to me.

He was maybe looking for scraps to sell! Just a thought

Cameras there are everywhere, inside as well (from what I gleened)
Funny how they weren't working that day?

I own a very small retail business. If LE came in and asked me who came in 2 weeks ago on Friday, there's no way I would remember. No way.
The receipts we keep are CC, and hand written orders.

CC receipts list only last 4 digits and signature. We also get phone #.

:twocents:

I own a very small retail business. If LE came in and asked me who came in 2 weeks ago on Friday, there's no way I would remember. No way.

Same here but we have cameras!

I still say that scrap yard has a lot of the answers to this entire case!

To jump off my own post (sorry) Scrap business may require much more.
or not? Get my drift? There may be transactions "under the table", so to speak.

I find it very odd the cameras were not "working" that day.
A poster on FB mentions 2 other yards in the immediate area, one she swears doesn't require Id. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03