NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing about the cemetery searches. At cemeteries I've been to there are very strict rules about what/where you can place at headstones. if u disobey these rules, your "gifts" won't last a week. that always amazed me. that's how often they're maintained and how much attention goes into the maintenance. i doubt they'd miss a man or his belongings in their yard for 2 months.

Different cemeteries have different rules. BUT, most, IMHO have caretakers.
I can only go by my observations, and from what I see every day...........
well, I would rule out the cemetery. :twocents:

there's mention of the two dogs that are apparently better than any other search dog. and helicopter, and camera crew? he says he can search miles in all directions (I don't doubt this with helicopter). but the dogs will be a much better bet for search (though I'm not sure with it being 2 months later) there's no way they'll cover all that land. as for camera crew... can someone tell me the benefits of having this filmed? this is an expensive operation, is this the best idea, or is it an opportunity for a "producer" to capture some footage and reactions of a real search, for personal use. this is baffling.

Grain of salt comes to mind. Wink.

How is this thread turned from the focus on Robert Mayer and gone toward posters on FB? :waitasec:

So I thought I would share a tidbit of info. I have been vacationing out of state these past few days (returning home to NY Tuesday). And guess what--my family thinks I am crazy, but I am "people watching" a lot more intently than I normally do. Especially guys in their mid 40s (gf having issues with that lol).

I have his pic embeded in my brain, but also have it on my phone just in case.

It has crossed my mind that Rob could be anywhere, so why not here? Long shot, but hey, you never know. :poke:

So I thought I would share a tidbit of info. I have been vacationing out of state these past few days (returning home to NY Tuesday). And guess what--my family thinks I am crazy, but I am "people watching" a lot more intently than I normally do. Especially guys in their mid 40s (gf having issues with that lol).

It has crossed my mind that Rob could be anywhere, so why not here? Long shot, but hey, you never know. :poke:

And if you found him. What would you do? Just askin'

I was JUST thinking the same thing. FB is a complete train wreck, but it serves as a good support mechanism for her, and I can totally respect that.

Much of that could be said about what goes on here, IMO.

But if she wants real solid theories and answers, this site would be 10000x more helpful than FB could ever be, assuming we got honest answers to some questions that might be a bit uncomfortable for her to answer.

Really? And more helpful than the support she gets from LE? What makes you think FB is her only resource?

And as much as we all have different opinions of her, (I personally have been a harsh critic) the bottom line is I think we will all treat her with the utmost respect and understanding. After all, we all want the same thing, RM returning home alive and well.

Respect, for the most part, hasn't appropriated up until now (with the exception of the Mods) so why would anyone start to respect her now? :floorlaugh:

Really? And more helpful than the support she gets from LE? What makes you think FB is her only resource?

Respect, for the most part, hasn't appropriated up until now (with the exception of the Mods) so why would anyone start to respect her now? :floorlaugh:

I don't feel she's been disrespected, are there questions about statements, absolutely... but questions NEED to be asked. force ten you always seem so defensive of comments on this page. no one means disrespect, we all want the same thing.

i have to agree, why would he stay within a certain square mileage of his home? i mean if i had run... i'd run far. if its illness related nothing would tie him here. and if it is foul play.... eastern LI has plenty of space no one is looking at.

slightly o/t but an example; recently a former student committed a murder in Hempstead NY and ran to Bradenton Fl. far away not close

I guess the crowd gets a little bored and antsy after 7 weeks of no new information.

It's a lack of info, it's not the right info, it's too much info, it's info from the wrong entity, there's no info from other family, it's not info from LE
..... Granted a lot of info hasn't been distributed and may have been miscommunicated, any info would not appease the masses. So why give anymore at this point when it just gets butchered.

Uh actually I have been very respectful of Ida. I would like you to show me one time I have not been. I have even gone out of my way to stand up for her as I am sure everyone else can attest to as it has driven them crazy. This does not mean I do not or cannot have some concerns about inconsistancies :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

I've noticed. When you go back though, the inconsistencies have developed from misqoutes, misinterpretations and deliberate twisting of what was stated.

Can you please elaborate? TIA.
Best.

I've noticed. When you go back though, the inconsistencies have developed from misqoutes, misinterpretations and deliberate twisting of what was stated.

Can you please elaborate, and back up with quotes and LINKS, TIA.
xo

Lots of focus on the FB page today. I know it's hard when we have very little information but let's stay on topic.

Also, please do not get personal with your responses.

Back to the business of finding Robert...

Lots of focus on the FB page today. I know it's hard when we have very little information but let's stay on topic.

Also, please do not get personal with your responses.

Back to the business of finding Robert...

You are the Hostess with the Mostest.

I will be here tomorrow evening after I do what I need to do,
I understand the site will be down tomorrow morning.
Have a great day everyone!!! Woot!

August, end of summer, days growing shorter :(

More tomorrow. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics