NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe IM answered that. I believe it was a poster who also owned an 04 GTO. He was asked about the key fob and its capabilities.

The other interesting thing is that the seat motor was considered very, very slow, which means someone really needed that seat moved up for some reason to go through the trouble (to comfortably drive it-- to reach the peddles? To get something out of the back seat?). Why not put the item (suitcase?) in the front passenger seat? If it was the bike, then it would explain moving the seat up to get it out of the back seat. Either someone else drove it or there was something large in the back seat, IMO.

The other interesting thing is that the seat motor was considered very, very slow, which means someone really needed that seat moved up for some reason to go through the trouble (to comfortably drive it-- to reach the peddles? To get something out of the back seat?). Why not put the item (suitcase?) in the front passenger seat? If it was the bike, then it would explain moving the seat up to get it out of the back seat. Either someone else drove it or there was something large in the back seat, IMO.

Yes, but the motor was slow in the other guys GTO, maybe not RM's. So not really something to go on.

I noticed she takes ownership of everything in press con...."My Daughter...My Son" not ours but some people are just like that meaning no insult ...I have friends that don't ever consider their semantics lol

I wouldn't put much stock into that. A lot of people tend to say, "my dog, my kids, my cat, etc., especially when the spouse or the other parent is not involved or present during the conversation. If they are together in the conversation, then people tend to say, "our dog, our kids, our house, etc."

Just an observation.

I absolutely don't think some parties are being as transparent as they should. The FB page is no help with admin deleting legitimate questions, etc. Somebody found a green bike on Craigslist in NY for sale and posted a picture to FB. Response was less than enthusiastic.

And, there we go again, the whole bike is missing thing comes only from IM. We can't even count that as "fact" to be honest. I wish LE would release a statement so we know what's fact and what isn't.

Grrrrrr!

Edited due to wording.

Unfortunately, LE wouldn't know if the bike was missing or not. They have no idea what the Mayers owned in that regard. They are getting that info from the family.

JMO

Unfortunately, LE wouldn't know if the bike was missing or not. They have no idea what the Mayers owned in that regard. They are getting that info from the family.

JMO

The missing bike only came to light when a SAR member mentioned it during one of the organized searches and News12 happened to film it. No pics, or make/model, of the actual bike have been shared to date.

I checked local news. There was a body pulled from a marsh in the Shirley/Mastic area. It was a female. FB poster probably posted a body was found and they all went into a tailspin because they don't like IM seeing reports like that. Its a support page. Now there is a new rule that nobody can post about news stories until story is verified, and Admins should be sent a private message.

I get the feeling IM thinks something awful happened to him, because she doesn't believe he would abandoned the family. This is my impression from reading the articles on the case.

The missing bike only came to light when a SAR member mentioned it during one of the organized searches and News12 happened to film it. No pics, or make/model, of the actual bike have been shared to date.

How did the SAR member know the bike was missing? Someone had to tell him or her.

So let's pull the bike string...

Put the bike in the back seat, drove to the station, moved the seat up and removed the bike, locked up the car and off to meet someone by bike or took it on the train (some commuter rail have places to put bikes).

I would buy into this scenario if I knew the scrap metal involved was a lot of copper (electrical wire) from a job site and was paid cash. I have seen a lot of people squirrel away copper, brass etc in buckets and boxes, then take it in all at one time. Depending on the market it can add up to a substantial amount. Some scrap yards will process suspect scrap right away if they think LE might come looking for it (ie Bronze grave markers, new large gauge electrical cable, large amounts of copper water pipe).

Just bugs me why someone would find life so bad that they would walk away from family, kids and everything they worked hard for. Kids, hard to fathom...material "stuff"...not so much.

Just some food for thought....

How did the SAR member know the bike was missing? Someone had to tell him or her.

I'm sure from IM, my point is it was not publicly released by IM, the SAR member mentioned it (not LE either).

I cant believe I just wrote a whole page of my observations, new info and my theory from the beginning to now because I really think a lot of you will agree, and/or find interesting and maybe help catch something I have missed....all to lose it all due to a program glitch :( starting over... :banghead:

I cant believe I just wrote a whole page of my observations, new info and my theory from the beginning to now because I really think a lot of you will agree, and/or find interesting and maybe help catch something I have missed....all to lose it all due to a program glitch :( starting over... :banghead:

Maybe break it up into different posts?

I get the feeling IM thinks something awful happened to him, because she doesn't believe he would abandoned the family. This is my impression from reading the articles on the case.

She "feels" the preserve is the place to look.

I have been thinking all along that the disappearance has one explanation. Lately, however, I am considering something different. Could he possibly have been angry, tired and fed up on June 14th, gone home like a good husband, found an empty house and impulsively decide to go out for the night, shutting down his phone, like an adolescent? Did he do something uncharacteristically, use drugs, get involved with sketchy individuals and wind up in some fatal trouble at an establishment or private home? Did those individuals return his car to a place they believed could be appropriate for him to park and then get rid of evidence that they ever even were with him?

The preserve could be a good place to look.

True, however I have found the seat motors in most pontiacs of all types to be slow IMO

Are we certain the guy who said that has the same exact model? Do we even know if RM's particular car has power seats? Although I am sure it did, sometimes, it is sold as an option on some vehicles.

I don't know if this is the same for you, but that has happened to me quite a few times when I am typing a long post, and it takes time to post links with that post, etc or whatever, so my remedy, for my situations has been to open another window without closing the original window,( after you have finished your reply), log into Websleuths on that window, so now there's 2 concurrent websleuths open, and then you should be able to go to the original window (while keeping open the new window) and hit Submit reply. It works for me.... I hope that makes sense. :)
IMOO.

Are we certain the guy who said that has the same exact model? Do we even know if RM's particular car has power seats? Although I am sure it did, sometimes, it is sold as an option on some vehicles.

All 04 pontiac gto's came with powere seats, as well as, manual release.
The key fob that is spoken about is an after market addition. RM may not have added this option.

Blythe I looked up from my typing to see almost exactly what I have been thinking. Except that this was too well planned out. I think this person that hurt him, knew him pretty well, like an old college buddy (did RM go to college?) Ughh so much to go over and write

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro