NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if she perceives that it doesn't make her look good. All along, questions that are vital haven't been answered. Rather than not knowing the answers, it is possible they haven't been answered because they don't look good, it's not pretty.

True. Rather than tarnish the image, keep the secrets under wraps.

BUT, the "image" is already tarnished if you dig deep enough & in the right places. Which, I'm not completely convinced, hasn't spilled over into RM's disappearance.

BUT, the "image" is already tarnished if you dig deep enough & in the right places. Which, I'm not completely convinced, hasn't spilled over into RM's disappearance.

Her image has been tarnished. Not his. He stood by her back then, she is standing by him now..

On another note, back a few posts ago, somebody was talking about RM's persona. How he really does seem like the happy family man, etc.

My husband is a biker and a tattoo artist. Matter of fact, we used to own a biker bar. His brother, on the other hand, is the corporate type with a house in the suburbs - the kind with a monthly "block meeting" and the trash cans can only be on the curb between the hours of 6:00 am and 8:00 pm on Tuesday....you get what I mean.

However, the last couple of years, brother has gotten into "prepping" and has a property where he camps and lives off the land a couple weekends a month. His wife told me recently that she's afraid he's going to "chuck it all" and go out there full time, because that's where his heart is.

You would never guess this about him, but it goes to show that you never know what is going on in somebody's head. My brother in law is just fed up with the rat race and the 9-5, dinner at 7, bed at 10 life he's led all these years.

I see what your saying and I fully understand why, however, at a closer look, I believe she is a bit naive and the past was something she is humilated by because she was conned too. If you look past the surface into details, I think you will see they dont add up either...IMO

The preserve is a big place. A lot could be done under the cover of trees brush etc. Maybe they just have not found the spot yet or he was pushed down one of those manholes or whatever is out there...or maybe not as then he wouldnt have been able to get RM'S keys...

Edgewood Preserve was searched on 7/7, by Long Island SAR, whose dogs did not detect RM. But, perhaps this scenario happened elsewhere.

On another note, back a few posts ago, somebody was talking about RM's persona. How he really does seem like the happy family man, etc.

My husband is a biker and a tattoo artist. Matter of fact, we used to own a biker bar. His brother, on the other hand, is the corporate type with a house in the suburbs - the kind with a monthly "block meeting" and the trash cans can only be on the curb between the hours of 6:00 am and 8:00 pm on Tuesday....you get what I mean.

However, the last couple of years, brother has gotten into "prepping" and has a property where he camps and lives off the land a couple weekends a month. His wife told me recently that she's afraid he's going to "chuck it all" and go out there full time, because that's where his heart is.

You would never guess this about him, but it goes to show that you never know what is going on in somebody's head. My brother in law is just fed up with the rat race and the 9-5, dinner at 7, bed at 10 life he's led all these years.

Which is why IMO RM was keeping in touch with "friend" ...still riding the fence so to speak

Why would she search anywhere else other than where she will find him?? Unless your thinking... :eek:

Love the face! I don't think I was thinking what you may be thinking! I think searching is a nice distraction if you know he left. IMO, I could be entirely wrong.

I see what your saying and I fully understand why, however, at a closer look, I believe she is a bit naive and the past was something she is humilated by because she was conned too. If you look past the surface into details, I think you will see they dont add up either...IMO

Without going into any further detail, I am willing to believe that someone could have gotten in over their head with something. That's not the same thing as being conned, especially for someone who knows the law. I refuse to paint this person as a victim. The people who were involved in "that incident" were all willing participants.

Without going into any further detail, I am willing to believe that someone could have gotten in over their head with something. That's not the same thing as being conned, especially for someone who knows the law. I refuse to paint this person as a victim. The people who were involved in "that incident" were all willing participants.

That is true..I had forgotten about the lawyer part...just kept thinking real estate:rolleyes:

But now, we are totally derailed! We will never find Robert this way! What have we missed? We have gone over everything we've been told but what have we not been told? Where are you Robert?

But now, we are totally derailed! We will never find Robert this way! What have we missed? We have gone over everything we've been told but what have we not been told? Where are you Robert?

I fear we have not been told a lot more than even we suspect... I just hope he is found okay for the kids sake. IMO They are the real victims too...regardless of scenario:(

This case is so frustrating :banghead: For all we really know, he could be sitting at home drinking a beer as we hash and rehash the little information we do have.

This case is so frustrating :banghead: For all we really know, he could be sitting at home drinking a beer as we hash and rehash the little information we do have.

Lol yeah laughing at us all.... although I do not believe this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member