NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet--your post 272--nice!!!! I am wondering about "the friend" too--RM would have to be in some contact with him for this person to have his work phone number.

The way it was worded, the friend could have been a woman.

Thank you Angel. My head is spinning from last night. While a theory posted may once in a while steer me in the opposite direction, my gut always brings me back to RM walking away.

While I certainly think all of our scenarios are possible, over time some are looking less likely. I think *if* a crime/foul play had been committed in that area of Suffolk County (covered by two police precincts) there would be some evidence by now. Since it seems unlikely that Rob would have met with completely random violence, LE likely looked into the non-random possibilities and found nothing.

Lots of reading and not a lot of commenting from me...but I was considering something. The pics that are posted seem to be of vacations where they could have have cruised. IE-ship in the background. Maybe he was afraid to fly?? Maybe the phone call/fight? was about this trip to Italy and him not wanting to get on a plane. Maybe that was the icing on the cake. Also makes me think that a small plane was not the transportation he would have considered.

Also, further down in that thread with the news anchor..The mod started to back off and tell him she appreciated him being there..maybe they will reach out by PM or phone call.

But now, we are totally derailed! We will never find Robert this way! What have we missed? We have gone over everything we've been told but what have we not been told? Where are you Robert?

aawww Cat-- not derailed!! Never, Us?? lol

We have all posited alot of scenarios and had to fill in the gaps where we could. I feel stronly that RM is alive and left voluntarily. And this is a family situation that became public and is sadly going off the rails. For all we know in his new life RM is not missing but alive, well and working. I hope he has been in touch with his Mom, siblings and kids.

I think it is too tidy that the only place IM wants to search is where they find him.

Possibly. But Matthew Solomon led searchers right to his wife Lisa's body a gazillion years ago. I remember reading that he was running like a deer through the woods with relief that they found her body. He is still in jail for her murder.

Let me also point out the LE stayed on Solomon like glue, setting up 24 hour police "protection" in his house, waiting for him to slip up, which he did. This we know is not happening in RM's case.

And maybe why she is having money problems because Union knows why too and is withholding money???

He has various funds with the Union I think---he may have taken her name off the fund accounts, cancelled his direct deposit (if he had it).

windstorm---your post @ 344-- great points!!! We have asked here numerous times about things like that--Sports fan, would he chat with you at an Applebees (Mr C would), prefers Panera Bread over Starbucks, allergies, hogs the newspaper at the bar--has a catch-phrase, an accent, etc. Things that would help identify him--we never got answers.

cluciano63-----love the new pic---and yes-- RM is not an unusual looking guy--nice looking but not unusual---I see guys all over--supermarket, library, gas station etc that look like RM. Its why I asked (repeatedly) and others asked as well for personailty traits, quirks etc. And the fact that such questions about ID'ing him helping to find him were ignored and continue to be ignored speaks volumes.

Personally I don't understand why they have that page if they don't want anyone talking about him or what happened to him and then they try to bring it here.

JMO

cluciano63-----love the new pic---and yes-- RM is not an unusual looking guy--nice looking but not unusual---I see guys all over--supermarket, library, gas station etc that look like RM. Its why I asked (repeatedly) and others asked as well for personailty traits, quirks etc. And the fact that such questions about ID'ing him helping to find him were ignored and continue to be ignored speaks volumes.

LOL I wont tell you who he reminded me of..... well maybe I will....
Remember the show married with children lol

Possibly. But Matthew Solomon led searchers right to his wife Lisa's body a gazillion years ago. I remember reading that he was running like a deer through the woods with relief that they found her body. He is still in jail for her murder.

Let me also point out the LE stayed on Solomon like glue, setting up 24 hour police "protection" in his house, waiting for him to slip up, which he did. This we know is not happening in RM's case.

I remember him!!!! All those crocodile tears--"I know she is alive". ANd how many women watched him say that and then said "He killed her---He's lying"

I'm sitting pat with my theories.

To me, the fact that LE has clammed up and not releasing any information is a red flag.
a) They have a suspect or big clue and they are following it and/or watching.
b) They know he walked away and are not letting that out.
c) They are chasing their tails.

Without any further additional information, we are chasing our tails.

Unless a bit of information is posted on FB or media and is verified by family or LE, I'm not going to get too excited about it.

When he is located, it will be interesting to see which theories were correct and what gut feelings led to them, and for those theories that were incorrect, where we went off track.

I can't help but think he walked away. I also have an impression that's what IM believes too, hence the "see, you are important" ( or something similar) quote from her.

It's possible his scent wasn't found around his car because the car he went away with was parking right next to him, and the scent left behind wasn't enough to detect him.
An other possibility is that the items used in the search were contaminated with someone else's scent.

Maybe RM left the car there because he was almost sure it would get stolen. Or he has thought there would be found because it would be a logical place to search, or because he knew someone who would take the train there and was thinking that person would recognize it and it would get back to IM.
The pulled up seat doesn't bother me either. He could have push it forward to get something out of the back. Although, the possibility that someone else drove it still exist.

Some people are just not ready to say face to face they want to divorce or separate and begin a new life, facing the problems which then arise. Sometimes people think the children and the wife/husband would be better off thinking they are dead, than knowing they were left behind on purpose.
Then there are the people who are depressed and have convinced themselfes everybody is better off without them.

I'm not ready to say no crime was committed, I still see it as a possibility too, but I always come back to the thoughts he left on his own.

I'm sitting pat with my theories.

To me, the fact that LE has clammed up and not releasing any information is a red flag.
a) They have a suspect or big clue and they are following it and/or watching.
b) They know he walked away and are not letting that out.
c) They are chasing their tails.

Without any further additional information, we are chasing our tails.

Unless a bit of information is posted on FB or media and is verified by family or LE, I'm not going to get too excited about it.

When he is located, it will be interesting to see which theories were correct and what gut feelings led to them, and for those theories that were incorrect, where we went off track.

I like your thinking. JMO but I do not believe that the SCPD is chasing its tail. There are many red flags and red herrings in this investigation and they very likely provide a reasonable scenario. They'll make their move when there is a move to make. MOO

I like your thinking. JMO but I do not believe that the SCPD is chasing its tail. There are many red flags and red herrings in this investigation and they very likely provide a reasonable scenario. They'll make their move when there is a move to make. MOO

I don't believe that the SCPD is "chasing it's tail", either. The detective assigned to RM's case is NOT a stupid person and is fully capable of solving a missing person's case.

I think SCPD is at a bit of a standstill with what info they have and what they can garner from the family and those outside the family. Its difficult b/c there is no body, no sign a crime was committed-----all we have is a man who either left or disappeared.

And last week I believe, someone posted a pic of a bike and asked if this was the color. IM responded she would have to ask her son. No response yet that I know of. I always thought the bike was a non issue.

I read on the FB page she answered it was the right color but not the right bike. Someone said it was a "mongoose" and the bike posted was for someone 5'3"-5'9" not exactly tall enough for our guy

Okay, what exactly is the preserve? I've seen that mentioned several times, but I'm still not clear on what it is exactly - or where it is.

FB is falling apart and it seems to me that IM has distanced herself from it.

I tried to find that reporter from VA on Twitter (no luck).....wouldn't it be great if he did an investigative report? And, he hit the nail on the head, any reporter (or anybody for that matter) would look at this and see a man that just left of his own free will.

He said to an admin "My producer will take one look at this info and say he took off on his own" that's when the carnage started ...he wanted to ask hard questions and they zombied him

Is hunting allowed at the preserve during the fall? Are there deer, turkey, and other small game living there? Hunters go deep off the trails and many times are the people who find remains.

Just a thought . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member