NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questions that we all have which unfortunately we can't dissect because it is FB. Ugh!! Can we do a new timeline or theory or poll? Something. The whole thing with all the recent craziness is making me sad. I'm sure you can all relate.

So many questions that we all have which unfortunately we can't dissect because it is FB. Ugh!! Can we do a new timeline or theory or poll? Something. The whole thing with all the recent craziness is making me sad. I'm sure you can all relate.

I agree, it would be nice to have a new timeline, to keep it current with facts,
and even a theory or poll would be interesting.
Great ideas! :)

But relay why were the admins so hostile to Timothy Martin??? I would have thought they would have welcomed an ally connected to MSM ....

I happened to look at the page about the time Timothy Martin started asking questions. IMO he did not come across as obtrusive or disrespectful. He merely asked things like where did RM like to vacation? Is there anywhere he talked about wanting to go?

To me he was pretty much attacked for daring to ask anything at all.

I was thinking YEAH, finally some media attention on this case. I invited him over here, but as far as I know, he hasn't registered or posted.

Hello everyone,
I'm at such a standstill right now I don't even know what to say. At first I thought that RM just left. After weeks of going over everything I'm not so sure anymore. Besides IM portraying their perfect marriage and life, I just can't see a man who is stabile at a good job leaving his 2 children and his mother. My mind keeps heading back to foul play. It's easy to think he left, I do understand that. In all honesty everyone has some problems in life, whether its money, health, fighting, stress, etc. it's still not a valid reason to leave your kids behind and your family. Those photos show a happy face! Anyways, IMO, is it possible that RM was going home and went inside his home and somebody threatened him? Told him to empty his pockets and get in his car and drive. I'm thinking it would have to be 2 men one in the front seat and one in the backseat which would explain the seat being pushed forward. My mind keeps going back to that darn scrap yard, especially knowing that IM found out from his co workers 2 weeks after to go check there. I'm so confused and I'm probably way off base but that place just creeps me out. Nobody knows what time the car was parked at DP train station. No cameras working at the "yard" very shady. I keep thinking it has something to do with his job and copper?.. Getting caught?..
The car is still with LE. Did they find something in that car???
The trunk being broken could have been temporarily fixed with some wire. To my understanding his tools would be locked up at work?? I don't know if it is known for a fact that he took his tools home everyday, but I guess it would be fine if he did, just an inconvenience lugging them in and out of the car.
I hope he's fine and like other theories he just left and was planning on coming home the next day but was embarrassed because the police were already called.
So odd for a man to just disappear????

I happened to look at the page about the time Timothy Martin started asking questions. IMO he did not come across as obtrusive or disrespectful. He merely asked things like where did RM like to vacation? Is there anywhere he talked about wanting to go?

I was thinking YEAH, finally some media attention on this case. I invited him over here, but as far as I know, he hasn't registered or posted.

That's what gets me....always with the 2x2 cover formation.....

If my husband disappeared I would certainly want/need all the help I could get. That confuses me also, the fact that reporters were attacked on that page. It got crazy over "there" and I would have my kids on tv pleading for their dad to come home. Let the public see some emotion! That just me though. IM said some things that made me think she knows he's out there. I have such mixed emotions on this.

A few thoughts tossed into the mix. I am really not "seeing" that new, confirmed and "telling" facts have come to light in the past few weeks. I'm not thinking that I have a number one solid theory on what happened with RM on June 14th. There are lots of ideas, guesses, speculations and confusing details. I go back and forth on what I think happened - as evidenced by all my "Thanks" on various posts. For these reasons, I continue stuck on this fence :fence:

RM's case is just under 3 months "gone missing"; some cases go years and sadly some are never determined. Many of the long term cases have natural periods of ebb and flow. Yes, frustrating and very tough on family and friends of the missing person. I am of the opinion that until and unless more verified details come to be reported officially - we are at the point we will stay in knowing what happened. RM's case could be solved tomorrow; he could show up fine, be found deceased, or there could be an arrest.
Like many past cases, I'm sticking with this one for the long haul - there is a bookmark. I admire the skills, determination, creative thinking and cleverness of folks on WS.

I'll add this... especially for folks that are super frustrated or newbees - there are many cases here in WS (both old and new ones every day). Any of the cases can benefit from your interest, skills, ideas and input. Look for a newly missing person and get right in on the case from the get go. WS has made a positive difference in locating folks and helping solve cases. Not saying this to in any way discourage anyone, more to encourage.
That is my :twocents::twocents: :fence:

VeryCleverGirl, I haven't been an admin there as of a few days ago, so I can't really say. I'm sorry.

If my husband disappeared I would certainly want/need all the help I could get. That confuses me also, the fact that reporters were attacked on that page. It got crazy over "there" and I would have my kids on tv pleading for their dad to come home. Let the public see some emotion! That just me though. IM said some things that made me think she knows he's out there. I have such mixed emotions on this.

That's what I've been thinking all along. In order to make people want to help search, etc., you need to make them "care" for the individual. In order to make them care, you have to tell details about them. They liked Nascar and the Braves. Or loved ice cream with the kids and took them to DQ every Saturday afternoon at 2:00. Or whatever you can tell people about that person that makes the general public invest themselves into the case. As it stands, people just think it's some guy that took off.

Excellent post Relay. For us sleuthing and hoping to find RM, we believed the Search part of the title. It is really amazing to have over 2,000 members and yet have absolutely no details at all.

I think it's great that this huge number of people joined. I just wish those who wanted to actually help and not support were sent somewhere appropriate to actually help find him. If 2,000 people spent that much time trying to find him, I think he'd be located by now.

Many people have a different definition of search than I do...I spend hours collecting addresses for media outlets, typing up press releases, gathering names/locations of hospitals and homeless shelters. I do this because I am a realist and I felt the only way to help was to get the word out there and the more people who see him the better. That's what I thought the point of the FB page should be. But only 1% of the page members agree, I am finding.

its funny, admins get blamed for that and some of the other more crazy times on the page, when it was actually other group members who jumped on him. and an admin who tried to get him to PM Ida

If he really wanted to do a story, why didn't he follow through via PM? His main post was attacking the name and content of the group, it was only later someone looked and saw, "reporter" on his FB page. like I said, it was other members who felt protective who stood up to him, not an admin. there is one guy in the group who all by himself emailed 200 press releases out, among other things. Do you think he, or any of the other admins who busted their behinds, or the family of RM, would really want to miss out on a reporter taking interest? heck no. it was a bad bit of chaos. but most importantly, he never followed up, he just kept coming on the page publicly and starting little arguments and made it about HIM. JM2C.

If he really wanted to do a story, why didn't he follow through via PM? His main post was attacking the name and content of the group, it was only later someone looked and saw, "reporter" on his FB page. like I said, it was other members who felt protective who stood up to him, not an admin. there is one guy in the group who all by himself emailed 200 press releases out, among other things. Do you think he, or any of the other admins who busted their behinds, or the family of RM, would really want to miss out on a reporter taking interest? heck no. it was a bad bit of chaos. but most importantly, he never followed up, he just kept coming on the page publicly and starting little arguments and made it about HIM. JM2C.

I agree he should have done that part privately, asking for a story but he also listed some very important questions too. They didn't seem abusive at all. Maybe I got there after certain posts were deleted.
And who knows really, he could have been a fake to begin with if he didn't follow up and contact IM. That would have been the right thing to do in that situation if he was indeed sincere.

I read the thread you're talking about... and he was not hostile or making it about him. He wanted answers to simple questions and got ambushed by at least one admin who didn't read his initial post about being a reporter and then some others just joined in and he left. To give him credit he tried again and was run off again. They made it clear IM was off limits imo

I'm not on here to argue or get anyone upset. Obviously you all know I'm new to this site. I was just giving my opinion. I pray everyday for the Mayer family. It's a very sad situation. I don't know what happened I can only think of theories like everyone else. I just hate to think this man walked out on his family or even worse foul play is involved.

In police procedures and military two guys can advance in an area while under fire if one covers while one advances. And they trade off one covering one advancing etc sorry

Ah, gotcha! LOL My brain is getting fuzzy. When talking about FB and "cover" I was thinking the cover photo.

P.S. I'm on day 3 of paleo eating, so I'm blaming it on carb flu & sugar detox :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlove