NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peoplefinders, veromi, etc are not accurate. It has me linked to someone I never even met that is not related to me or Mr. A in any way.

So, unless Warwick is backed up by a legitimate connection, it means nothing, IMO.

(Oh boy Eliza getting on her high horse today! Apologies!)

Peoplefinders, veromi, etc are not accurate. It has me linked to someone I never even met that is not related to me or Mr. A in any way.

So, unless Warwick is backed up by a legitimate connection, it means nothing, IMO.

(Oh boy Eliza getting on her high horse today! Apologies!)

I don't know what's accurate or not. I'm looking at a clue and thinking....

What if RM had ties to Warwick? What if he lived there in the past?
I would guess folks in Warwick might be familiar with Boston.

ETA: Do we know if anything is accurate about this case?

When Hubby goes to the scrap yard, the receipt shows exactly what metals, and in what quantity, he sold. Leaving $300 and a receipt for $300 worth of gold would say "Since money is more important to you than I am, I'm outa here."

Perhaps RM scrapped his wedding ring, and returned home to drop off that message.

Would love to know if RM is a Sox fan. Bruins fan. Patriots fan. We know nothing about him.

Do we know for sure that LE did indeed interview people?

Good question, but one would think a few people were interviewed ( people who last seen RM). I'm not so sure they tracked a lot of people down for questioning.

Just guessing . .

We don't discuss members here. You can discuss posts but not a member.

:tyou:

BBM - Same choices we are left with. I still don't think he left on his own free will. What little we know leads me to believe that is the least likely option, though it would have the best outcome. If we knew more (or anything) about his mood, actions + interactions in the days, weeks, months leading up to this, I believe the picture would be much clearer. As in whether he was spiraling down the rabbit hole to suicidal tendencies or whether he was getting nervous / paranoid about something shady. OTOH it might not show 1 indication of anything. JMO

It just doesn't make sense to me that he would come home and then leave without his wallet or cell phone. I also find it odd that he left work early and never even called his wife to say he babe on the way home need anything? Did he have errands he planned to run when he got home? But that doesn't make sense if he leaves his wallet and cell, the only form or communication at home. I think it is odd they only talked once that day. I miss calls from my husband too but we eventually catch up. He left work at 12, he had time to get in touch with her. Seems odd to me.

Hi Drib, nice having you posting in WS and WELCOME to the group. Do you have a reference (MSM) documenting that he left work at 12? Or is that based on earlier discussion theories on travel time to the location of "last reported ping"?

You are so right.... so many things seem odd in this case.

ETA: Do we know if anything is accurate about this case?

Personally I like to go down a path that I can confirm. Warwick is a wild goose chase from everything I can see. There is a whole family with the same last name as someone close to this case. That doesn't mean they are related. And something else of note is first names might not be what you think they might be, further making giant leaps in people connections that may not actually exist.

It just doesn't make sense to me that he would come home and then leave without his wallet or cell phone. I also find it odd that he left work early and never even called his wife to say he babe on the way home need anything? Did he have errands he planned to run when he got home? But that doesn't make sense if he leaves his wallet and cell, the only form or communication at home. I think it is odd they only talked once that day. I miss calls from my husband too but we eventually catch up. He left work at 12, he had time to get in touch with her. Seems odd to me.

Welcome to the group! This first I've heard of him leaving early... is that so?

Most people in Warwick have been there, but in a Rhode Islander's mind it is far away. Some people may go to a Red Sox game on occasion or they have a kid in college up there, but the city isn't really a part of the metropolian area of RI. Providence is the big city and most of the media news is Providence or RI centered---unless it is something big like the Boston Marathon bombing (I know some RIers who have raced in that marathon). All and all, People do go up to Boston on occasion, but it isn't really the center of life in RI for most people. People living in northern RI may commute there for work, but I doubt many people living south of Providence do this. In fact, it isn't unusual to find a Warwick resident who hasn't been to Providence in years--- never mind Boston. Lol

Yet, getting to Warwick from Boston is easy now.

I'm just giving everyone a mind set of the area. I'm not sure if it helps or not.

Any form of drug/alcohol addiction or abuse is considered a disease. Therefor, HIPAA laws come into play. No program or treatment center will confirm or deny or release any information regarding a patient. Ever.

Not to family, friends or employer.

:scared:

I asked this before, he would get a bill, right? Sent to his home? I got so many statements from labs, hospital and from my health insurance plan.

Personally I like to go down a path that I can confirm. Warwick is a wild goose chase from everything I can see. There is a whole family with the same last name as someone close to this case. That doesn't mean they are related. And something else of note is first names might not be what you think they might be, further making giant leaps in people connections that may not actually exist.

A wild goose chase, unlike anything else in this case? :eek:kay:

Hi Drib, nice having you posting in WS and WELCOME to the group. Do you have a reference (MSM) documenting that he left work at 12? Or is that based on earlier discussion theories on travel time to the location of "last reported ping"?

I either read it here or now i'm not sure. Let me check the FAQ's to see if I read it there. If he was at the scrap yard at 2 something wouldn't that be early anyway? I thought the normal work shift is until 3?

I think the Warwick, RI possible connection came from "people search engines" online. That city is listed as a possible place RM resided in the past or he had some financial connection there. However, those search engines are riddled with errors. They have to be sorted out by buying the report to make sure one has the right guy. Yet, RM could have connections to Warwick. We're just trying to find a place he would have fled to. If he was familiar with Warwick, he may have felt comfortable starting his new life there.

JMO

Funny, I'm going to dinner in Warwick tonight at a very popular restaurant, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

I asked this before, he would get a bill, right? Sent to his home? I got so many statements from labs, hospital and from my health insurance plan.

Not if he gave a different address or a false address.
IMO
Also, he could be in treatment under alias.
It is not required to provide ID.
A hospital is required to treat a patient under any/all circumstances.
A treatment center only requires payment.
Many famous people enter treatment under assumed names.

Hi all, I'm new here. Been following this case on and off and recently read the FAQ's and started wondering, googling and found you guys. My very first thought when I read about this was he abandoned his family, maybe committed suicide. What is so weird is the stop at home for 10 minutes. I can't help to think it is so odd to leave your wallet, cell phone and money in drawers in the garage. Also, since it took so long to find the stuff it seems it wasn't his normal spot for putting those things. It's clear that LE hasn't done much proactive investigating like of the home or interviewing people. Seems they are reacting to leads that come in based on the lack of evidence of foul play. It does surprise me that LE took a missing persons report so quickly, especially for an adult. Another thing I noticed was in the interview posted on the Patch website with the wife. She is crying but no tears are coming out. I do think the money was for his work and that is why he left it. I also think he left the phone because its a work phone. The wallet I'm not 100% on. Okay rambled on long enough for my first post...

I think it is weird his phone and the 300 in cash was found a week after his disappearance too. If he usually kept it in those places, they should have been found a lot sooner, IMO. The items were hidden in drawers--not out in plain sight. Makes one wonder why would he care if they got stolen if he was fleeing his life. Something seems amiss to me. Maybe there is an explanation?

Most people in Warwick have been there, but in a Rhode Islander's mind it is far away. Some people may go to a Red Sox game on occasion or they have a kid in college up there, but the city isn't really a part of the metropolian area of RI. Providence is the big city and most of the media news is Providence or RI centered---unless it is something big like the Boston Marathon bombing (I know some RIers who have raced in that marathon). All and all, People do go up to Boston on occasion, but it isn't really the center of life in RI for most people. People living in northern RI may commute there for work, but I doubt many people living south of Providence do this. In fact, it isn't unusual to find a Warwick resident who hasn't been to Providence in years--- never mind Boston. Lol

Yet, getting to Warwick from Boston is easy now.

I'm just giving everyone a mind set of the area. I'm not sure if it helps or not.

Thanks, that info is helpful to me.
I'm following crumbs......

IIRC - We have a co-worker on record seeing him at the Brooklyn jobsite at 12:30. Then we have a 1:45 ping from I think it was Melville? Off the 110 near Huntington? (Can you tell I have no concept of the local area layout lol!) Then he's on cam at Arrow at 2:15. My inference was that he was seen by a co-worker as he was on his way out of work about 12:30. If he stayed much later it would be hard for him to be pinging at the further location + being at Arrow by 2:15, right? Or am I assuming here. :waitasec:
Then of course this gets me stuck on the phone pinging again. How are there no pings beyond 1:45 if the phone did not "go dead" until about 2:45? Don't they ping a tower every so many seconds or minutes? This has bugged me from the start - If 1:45 is the last ping, why not assume THAT TIME is when the phone goes dead? HOW do they know it was still on for another hour if they have no further pings? HOW do they know it then went dead at 2:45? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee