NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, I've seen nothing in Commack. I asked a few moms I saw yesterday at the Commack schools and nobody heard anything either. I do believe that they get taken down but I see weathered flyers everywhere for July yard sales??? They are still up, everywhere.

BBM Huh/What? :eek:

If this is fact, I would love to know by whom?

Once again something about this case that makes no sense - why weren't they all found at that same time? Why come back and place them in separate drawers? Seems like attempt at creating suspense or ? but why?
:confused:

Well I know it it was me is take that phone and go thru the entire thing first lol

Well... Clevah, I did include my usual small print and there is for sure more than one hole in this and every theory I can come up with. Like, where are his tools then? How exactly did he do it? Where does the possible addiction come into this?

However... I know nothing about dog scents but once he got on the bike, which I'm thinking was immediately after he took it out of the car, his body is not touching the ground, right?

Maybe our dog experts can help with this one.

Clevah!? :great: Hahahaha His tools missing tell me a lot....they were his and he was keeping them. His tools and the car being at the train station are two of the reasons I believe he had been planning leaving...whether he told IM or not is up in the air. maybe his family didn't know he was planning on leaving...but maybe they do NOW maybe he contacted them early on and said ...Let it play out I'm not coming home

From what I've seen mentioned in news articles he was working on a big project, so would think he had lots of work ahead, no?

Wish LE would hold a news conference and clear up so many of the things mentioned here! Wish family would press for that. Can't see why/how some answers could jeopardize this case, and might actually help!

It could be possible that LE found something but need to stay quiet so nothing gets jeopardized in the case. Just the smallest little mistake can screw up the whole thing. Like a search warrant etc, if gone about the wrong way or someone ruins that chance, they start over.
They have been way too quiet IMO
That's why I believe they found something or know something

VCG - Yup. + friend = 2 :D
This is nowhere to be found now. I went through everything I'd previously read + believe I see where it was initially stated, now that paragraph is gone. As mentioned earlier these articles change over time with the original not left in tact or they get taken down + replaced with a new story. Frustrating :banghead:

Anyway my memory convinces me the 2 of them were called (bil + friend) when she couldn't get through to him on his cell, sometime around 4-5ish. They came to the Mayer home. They started calling hospitals + checking for any accidents + so forth. When they didn't find Robert, IM reported him officially missing at 1am. JMO

just came across this. Read the comments about the Edgewood Preserve.

http://www.edgewoodhospital.com/tunnels.asp

IMHO, the Preserve is the big question mark. IM keeps (for what ever reason) asking for it to be searched.

Need to rule it in or out. Only one way to do that.

That tunnel link is awesome. Pennhurst Hospital near me has the same thing.

I had a dream last night that I logged in to WS and the thread had been changed to "FOUND!" and that RM had been found, safe and sound. I remember reading the posts in my dream! We were all so ecstatic. Imagine my disappointment in logging in. :-/ It's a dream I hope comes true... :please:

On the FAQ page it states the money found matches the Arrow transaction. I also thought I read it in an article.

I saw that too about the money matching the transaction--I've never seen it said anywhere though that the receipt was in the wallet. If it were, that would certainly mean that the wallet had probably not been in the drawer all day. Unless he put the receipt in there on his 10 minute visit home...? GAH :banghead:

just came across this. Read the comments about the Edgewood Preserve.

http://www.edgewoodhospital.com/tunnels.asp

Underground tunnels?! Whoa! :scared:

{snip for brevity}
After six months, he called, sent me a plane ticket, telling me he wanted to explain, (and, I must say I was leery about going), but go I did, and he greeted me with a wedding band and we got married the next day..

Holy cow, that must have been a heck of an explanation! Congrats! Glad you had a happy ending. :)

Have you guys ever heard of the Find your Iphone app? It is very accurate. I sometimes use it to see how close my husband is to home if I need something. lol It's a free app and I can guarantee you any woman who may suspect her husband is doing anything nefarious would have it on their phone! If he had this app he would know exactly where she was and how much time he had.

I thought Find Your iPhone was only to track your own devices, connected via your Apple ID. I've got Find My Friends to track other people (they have to accept the request). Unless you and your husband use the same Apple ID?

Sorry for the long post :)
tcg

I think they get removed by kids or store owners or workers who do work on the poles. I don't know "who" removes them. Just in general they get removed. I do see flyers everywhere and they are from July, yard sales though. I didn't see one flyer here in Commack about RM.. I've asked and brought up Robert Mayer to stores here and workers who travel on the train and nobody heard anything about him. I wish I could put up flyers but I'm not in the best of health to walk around and do that. I am sharing and trying to get the word out through FB and PM and email though.

I think they get removed by kids or store owners or workers who do work on the poles. I don't know "who" removes them. Just in general they get removed. I do see flyers everywhere and they are from July, yard sales though. I didn't see one flyer here in Commack about RM.. I've asked and brought up Robert Mayer to stores here and workers who travel on the train and nobody heard anything about him. I wish I could put up flyers but I'm not in the best of health to walk around and do that. I am sharing and trying to get the word out through FB and PM and email though.

Hello, I have been reading WS for ages, finally made an acct. I have been following this disappearance since someone posted about him on the McStay FB page.

I am beginning to think he left with another man. Maybe his wife finds out he was having an affair, he says he will end it, she finds out later he has still been texting with this man. They (or she) plan the trip to Italy to get away. He is tired of living a lie, they argue. He leaves. I don't know why he doesn't take his wallet, but he leaves everything for his family. Maybe he feels guilty for being gay, for trying for years to be someone he is not. He cannot even bring himself to contact his mother. He meets with his bf after work, they drive to the house so RM can do something. The bf drives, moving the seat forward, they go to train station where the bf's car is stashed. Maybe a wild theory but it happens, and IMO explains all the secrecy.

I don't particularly see the risk in returning. Maybe he wanted to have it out with her and when he got there an she wasn't there, he left the money and wallet (could she have given it to him?) and his work phone and left. He doesn't seem like a scaredy cat where he would be afraid of confronting her. I think he went for that, she wasn't there and he knew what he was going to do, knew he wouldn't see her until the kids got home and it wouldn't be cool to have it out in front of them and just blew town.

or maybe the money from Arrow was being brought TO HER! Out of anger he scrapped to pay for the lobster or other stuff...she wasn't there to fight with so he left but I still think he was planning on leaving and I do think his immediate family and siblings knew either that or they knew soon after ...when I told my kids about their dad they were NOT shocked and did NOT want me to try to save the marriage

If yard sale posters, lost pet posters and a smattering of everything else stays up and becomes weathered, yet the RM Missing posters are gone within a day or two, I would have some hard questions and be doing my own stakeout with my good camera and telephoto lens. More than one missing person case (on crime shows) has had the guilty or involved party(s) removing posters, sometimes within minutes of them being put up.

Do you think he left letters to all of them explaining that he was leaving, but he did not give the reason why he was leaving?

IMO I think letters were left, I didn't think this in the past but the silence is making me wonder now. I think that family knows what was going on in their life and of course are keeping it private, whatever it may be, money,pills,fighting,etc. I don't know.
IMO I think IM is the only one who knows the whole truth at this point.
It could be anything, but I was reading the old posts from NCNY and IMO it looks like he was telling us at one point but for some reason now nobody is saying anything and another verified family member has not come here to pick up where he left off. I just wonder why there is so much silence now.

IMO I think letters were left, I didn't think this in the past but the silence is making me wonder now. I think that family knows what was going on in their life and of course are keeping it private, whatever it may be, money,pills,fighting,etc. I don't know.
IMO I think IM is the only one who knows the whole truth at this point.
It could be anything, but I was reading the old posts from NCNY and IMO it looks like he was telling us at one point but for some reason now nobody is saying anything and another verified family member has not come here to pick up where he left off. I just wonder why there is so much silence now.

BBM

One possible answer (and I would love to be wrong about this):

When you fabricate information, at some point you loose track and risk conflicting yourself.

Hello, I have been reading WS for ages, finally made an acct. I have been following this disappearance since someone posted about him on the McStay FB page.

I am beginning to think he left with another man. Maybe his wife finds out he was having an affair, he says he will end it, she finds out later he has still been texting with this man. They (or she) plan the trip to Italy to get away. He is tired of living a lie, they argue. He leaves. I don't know why he doesn't take his wallet, but he leaves everything for his family. Maybe he feels guilty for being gay, for trying for years to be someone he is not. He cannot even bring himself to contact his mother. He meets with his bf after work, they drive to the house so RM can do something. The bf drives, moving the seat forward, they go to train station where the bf's car is stashed. Maybe a wild theory but it happens, and IMO explains all the secrecy.

Could be but I'm thinking woman... I don't think that's what the secrecy is about...

If yard sale posters, lost pet posters and a smattering of everything else stays up and becomes weathered, yet the RM Missing posters are gone within a day or two, I would have some hard questions and be doing my own stakeout with my good camera and telephoto lens. More than one missing person case (on crime shows) has had the guilty or involved party(s) removing posters, sometimes within minutes of them being put up.

Omg that is a good idea to stake out an area. I can tell you here in the Commack area there are posters up from July about yard sales. On Jericho Tnpike I haven't seen one flyer there. A friend of mine said she did see the Deer Park station full of flyers about 5 weeks ago but they are gone now, not one anywhere, and she takes that train everyday : (

I wish I could stake out an area because I would!
If I was 20 years younger I would be there in a heartbeat with my friends.

BBM

One possible answer (and I would love to be wrong about this):

When you fabricate information, at some point you loose track and risk conflicting yourself.

My husband thinks that LE found important clues and that's the main reason they are being silent now. If they say the wrong thing now then this whole case can be compromised in a very bad way. Too much has been revealed already.
He's an MP and old timer lol and says the silence now is for a very good reason. Possibly LE advised anyone giving information to "STOP"

I really just want this man to be ok. My prayers are said everyday for the whole family, especially the children. Monday is school here and I pray that they get good news and we all read about it.

grab personal things-----leave letters for his kids (I know-I am the only one seeing this----I believe it happened)---leave work phone and cash

I agree Cawfee...maybe he wasn't planning on leaving THAT weekend but she made him mad and it was on...maybe he was going to have one last FD w/kids??? It does seem odd he would leave his entire life there but it happens all the time most of the time they tell people by behavior... unmasked emotional behavior....like I KNEW my husband was cheating but could NEVER catch him. And part of me DIDN'T want to know....so there's the denial NCNY is talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli