NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before it was found out that there was video of his car leaving and her car arriving.

Had she stated what time she got home that afternoon? Or what time she left her parents house to come home?

Im trying to figure out why LE is not going thru their home
the yard
the garage!
This is where he was last seen!

Something could have happened to him there and NO ONE knows who was driving that car.

something tells me from talking to ppl LE got a pretty good picture of what was going on unfortunately we do NOT lol

the yard
the garage!

Something could have happened to him there and NO ONE knows who was driving that car.

something tells me from talking to ppl LE got a pretty good picture of what was going on unfortunately we do NOT lol

We dont know if they did or didnt search the property.
If IM allowed a search then no search warrant is needed.

Wonder why we are on thread #7 and really don't have any new information in 2 1/2 months.

I have been looking at other cases that I may be better able to utilize my time.

Wonder why we are on thread #7 and really don't have any new information in 2 1/2 months.

I have been looking at other cases that I may be better able to utilize my time.

Sad to say, there are cases with no new info or word from LE for far longer periods. Running into years...Holly Bobo being one example, Kyron Horman another. It is not uncommon for LE to remain stolidly silent in MP cases, although I cannot see where that has been helpful very often. JMO

I know it was mentioned earlier this morning that there might not be access to a flyer since the FB closed. I checked NAMUS and CUE with no luck but amazingly, summer_breeze posted this today on the Info and Support thread if anyone wants to post flyers:

http://helpfindrobertmayer.com/?page_id=531

the yard
the garage!

How do you know le has not done these things?

If anyone here followed Adrienne Salinas's case while she was still missing (RIP), you might have read that a couple of users pooled their money and ordered a copy of the police report and posted it here. I thought that was a great idea.

Do you think there's a report in this case that we could get our hands on? I would help contribute to the cost if anyone here knew how to do that!

It appears to be a fairly simple request with Suffolk County but I don't know if we know if it was made at a city level or county level. It looks like Dix Hills government is incorporated into the Town of Huntington. Any locals have any ideas on who to contact?

BBM - yes billboards would be a way to go, and not just one, but the more the better! Those new digital screen ones could be less expensive and perhaps billboard company's might do it as public service announcement...

Even the $10,000 reward money would not be enough, I asked for a price and was told - premier Bulletins on LIRR or on I-95 typically sell for 25-40k per four week period.

I think money better spent on PI, JMO

Thanks Clemenza--------many people are trying their best to help find a missing man. Problem is that many questions about him--quirks, likes, etc have fallen on deaf ears.
I have asked at least four times and no answer. To be ignored like that tells me that the point is for him to be missing.

There is no reason to think that RM has never contacted his children or sister or mother.

and OT-Clem I made sauce yesterday and thought of you-lol---now I want cannoli

Rob's sisters husband is a cop. I do not believe he would let an investigation go on under false pretenses. Nor do I think the sister would be able to keep this huge bit of knowledge from her cop husband. JMO. It is not a crime to disappear but it would be a crime to knowingly waste public resources.

Rob's sisters husband is a cop. I do not believe he would let an investigation go on under false pretenses. Nor do I think the sister would be able to keep this huge bit of knowledge from her cop husband. JMO. It is not a crime to disappear but it would be a crime to knowingly waste public resources.

Very good point Talula. But, what if it was reported in good faith and down the line it was determined to be incorrect information? It isn't like this would be a scandal, it would just quietly be closed.

It appears to be a fairly simple request with Suffolk County but I don't know if we know if it was made at a city level or county level. It looks like Dix Hills government is incorporated into the Town of Huntington. Any locals have any ideas on who to contact?

This is what i found from SCPD:

Ordering in Person
Drive to the Suffolk County Police Department Central Records Section in Yaphank, New York. You can then go to the Records Section located on the left hand side of the waiting area after you walk in. Go up to the window and fill out the records request. Have your $ 1.00 ready. You will receive your certified copy that day.

Ordering in Person
Drive to the Suffolk County Police Department Central Records Section in Yaphank, New York. You can then go to the Records Section located on the left hand side of the waiting area after you walk in. Go up to the window and fill out the records request. Have your $ 1.00 ready. You will receive your certified copy that day.

Wow! I was forwarded a request via email but going in person would save so much time! How close are you and do you have a buck?

Wow! I was forwarded a request via email but going in person would save so much time! How close are you and do you have a buck?

Lol!!
Im about half hour away.
I can probably get out there on wednesday.
It almost sounds TOO easy, no?

Ordering in Person

Order a Report by Mail
This is the slow way of doing it, but if you are too far from the Central Records Section in Yaphank, you can download the request for public record here http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/police/forms/foil.pdf and mail to Suffolk County Police Department Central Records Section 30 Yaphank Avenue, Yaphank, N.Y. 11980-9705 Make sure you write your complaint number on the application. You will also need to send a check with your request, in the amount of $ 1.00 made out to the SUFFOLK COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT. You will receive your certified copy within 7 - 10 business days.

That would be terrific! I can send a dollar! I wonder if the case has been closed if it will be shown?

Yep. Will go there wednesday morning and report when i get back.
I know a report was filed (all info for scpd is on namus file).
No need to send the dollar, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member