NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have stated before, I do believe he encountered a situation that he thought he would be able to possibly rectify on his own without alarming his family, which IMO explains his haste in running out of the house without his belongings in a way to possibly get said perps away from his family home before his wife and children arrived.

As I have stated before, I do believe he encountered a situation that he thought he would be able to possibly rectify on his own without alarming his family, which IMO explains his haste in running out of the house without his belongings in a way to possibly get said perps away from his family home before his wife and children arrived.

The thing is, his wife was usually home at that time, but this time she wasn't.
Why would he even chance going home if perps were after him, if he was afraid for the welfare of his wife and children? It just doesn't make sense to jeopardize them if he was afraid to jeopardize them....
Unless there was something very important that he had to pick up, so he had to chance it, but then he would chance being seen by his wife who would have normally been there, so it's just not adding up in many ways.
IMOO.

The thing is, his wife was usually home at that time, but this time she wasn't.
Why would he even chance going home if perps were after him, if he was afraid for the welfare of his wife and children? It just doesn't make sense to jeopardize them if he was afraid to jeopardize them....
Unless there was something very important that he had to pick up, so he had to chance it, but then he would chance being seen by his wife who would have normally been there, so it's just not adding up in many ways.
IMOO.

Perhaps a firearm for protection?

Perhaps a firearm for protection?

Seems like his wife would know if this is the case, but maybe she does. Of course that could fit with maybe making LE think this is a suicide, if that is their theory.

Maybe if we had facts, we could discuss them.
Unfortunately, our facts keep changing. So...they are not facts any longer. IMO

fact
fakt/
noun
a thing that is indisputably the case.
"she lacks political experience—a fact that becomes clear when she appears in public"
synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty; More

Posting the only fact I really know-----red car found at the train station.....anything else IS hearsay and conjecture...that's why we are here...

MOO

Come to think of it....where did that info come from? Have we heard anyone say that they found it there? Or is that another one of those things that comes from only one source?? IMO the only fact we have is that RM IS MISSING! (and some even debate that!)

Posting the only fact I really know-----red car found at the train station.....anything else IS hearsay and conjecture...that's why we are here...

MOO

Also the phone is a fact. He used it in the morning and it was found at home later.

Also the phone is a fact. He used it in the morning and it was found at home later.

The phone itself yes...but the call? One source... ping at 1:45 fact (I think) also. it was "found" :floorlaugh: :rolleyes: :banghead:

Come to think of it....where did that info come from? Have we heard anyone say that they found it there? Or is that another one of those things that comes from only one source?? IMO the only fact we have is that RM IS MISSING! (and some even debate that!)

One source...not sleuthing, just looking for facts....

Getting back to the beginning...Here are the first 2 articles the thread started with....

http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes

http://commack.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/local-dad-missing-on-fathers-day

Nothing from LE here except they are following up on any leads but do not believe any criminality. Other than that, one source..

MOO

Sorry to quote myself, however, I wanted to add that,in the Commack article above, a family friend, a different source, added:

"He grew up in Old Bethpage and has lived in Dix Hills for nearly 20 years, SD (name out and initials added by me), a family friend, said."

Here's the article that has the comments about RM from Arrow spokesman and about the video camera catching the car

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/08/31/vanished-dix-hills-father-still-missing-after-2-months/

I dont know if you meant something else but i respectfully disagree. The video camera at Arrow did not catch a picture of the car..so we do not know for sure the car was there, only RM...

Edited: the foreman at Arrow "declined to say whether or not Robert's car was captured by video"..

(IMO when more crmbs are released we will find out one why or the other whether RMs car was in fact at Arrow when RM was there..)

In the above article we also have the fact that the. Preserve has been search by professionals as well as family and friends....

"About 60 others on July 7, along with*New York State Department of Environmental Conservation*officials and nonprofit Long Island Search and Rescue, scouring 813-acre*Oak Brush Plains Preserve at Edgewood*in Deer Park. Savage also teamed up alongside about two dozen others handing out flyers and searching for clues and potential witnesses July 21 at the Deer Park train station, which abuts the preserve. He and others have also participated in other, more recent searches."

And that the LE does not feel there was foul play...at least at this time....but there is in fact an ongoing investigation....

"*advertiser censored*Suffolk County Police Department*spokesman tells the*Press*detectives do not believe Mayer’s disappearance to be the result of foul play at this stage and that there is an active and ongoing investigation into “all leads.”"

The statement from someone at Arrow stating RM came in periodically and was a nice "well composed" man....

"An Arrow foreman tells the*PressMayer had been a longtime, if sporadic, “customer” of the recycling center.“He was a nice, well-composed individual,” he said on Aug. 2—exactly seven weeks to the minute of Mayer’s last known visit—but with little other details to offer. “Over the years, he probably came in here every so often to scrap some metal.”"

Another fact from the same article....

"About a week after her husband’s disappearance, Suffolk police detectives informed Ida that a neighbor’s camera had recorded what appeared to be her husband’s car by her driveway at approximately 2:41 p.m., June 14, and then showed it pulling out of the driveway 10 minutes later. Only the top of the car was spotted; the driver and/or passengers weren’t. The camera caught Ida’s car pulling into the driveway at about 3 p.m."

Obviously the cops know lots we don't!

Wouldn't we love to be the fly on the wall!

Even after al this time and no word from Robert Mayer it seems strange to me LE has not changed their focus on this. Even with no evidence of foul play I have seen LE looking for missing wives. Why is this one different?
Why no poly's

The person closest to the victim is always the first suspect. However, we have no body, so there is no crime established. We are simply lacking information. Perhaps someone covered their tracks very well and he will never be found. If he was a victim of foul play, the family is not doing this man any justice by witholding information about his habits and people he dealt with. The only clue I see is that the seat of his car was pushed closer and that almost proves that someone shorter than him planted it at the train station. Sometimes the one clue you have is all you have to go on and, if something else gives then you have another avenue to go down and the levee breaks and you start looking at what really happened. There is a reason we are not being let in. Because one thing will lead to another. If I sound suspicious, it is because I am. I think his disappearance is out of character based on what we do know about him, like his work habits, staying in the same marriage for 18 years, turning in scrap metal for some extra cash. Everything seems normal. It is the not so normal stuff that is being withheld. But why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl