GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the rumor about what happened with Beth, that she O'D at a house party and they dragged her out of there and dumped her in the woods with all her clothes that she had with her while she was staying with friends in the Shirley/Mastic area.

Is there a drug den in that area where everyone goes to cop their stuff and parties there? Could it be the same people's house? Same group?

I just looked up where Beth's body was found on Google maps and all I can say is wow! She was found on Linden Avenue. That is a third of a mile north of where this party was that Sarah attended.

Hi, new here.

In regards to Sarah saying that she was being followed (because IMO she did mean that literally), I hope that they are at least considering LISK. The age range for all of the victims is 18-35 and they are all around Sarah’s very petite height and weight as well. Also, most of them had brown or hazel eyes and brown hair. Natasha Jugo was a woman from Queens (who wasn’t a prostitute), who went missing last summer. Her car was found abandon on Ocean Parkway and her body ended up washing up on shore off of Ocean Parkway, not far from her car. She claimed that she was being followed as well. She apparently had been telling her parents that she was being followed and was very upset about it. LE says that her case isn’t officially linked to the LISK cases, but IMO it is very obviously related. I think he has stopped exclusively victimizing prostitutes and has now moved on to others in addition. Maybe to taunt the police, maybe for media attention, and maybe because prostitutes are easy targets and he/they has/have now become more brazen and is looking for more of a challenge. It seems to me like there is definitely more than one person involved, and working together, in most of those scenarios. It seems as if he befriends the victim (probably a “grooming” and trust-gaining process over social media....originally craigslist but now probably dating sites) and then gets them to pick him up while he’s being followed by an accomplice (as per Shannan Gilbert’s “THEY'RE trying to kill me” phone call to the police). When he picks the victim up and the accomplice follows them (IMO, that’s who Sarah Goode was referring to that was following her, but it was her and LISK in her car together and LISK was having his accomplice follow them). As soon as I heard about Sarah Goode the first thought that came to mind was that Megan Waterman went missing on June 6th 2010 so the date of June 6th could have a meaning. Someone else mentioned that in this thread as well. Also, Shannan Gilbert went missing immediately after being at a party and it initially seemed as if it would be obvious that it was someone at the party who was responsible for her disappearance, which turned out not to be the case. Her initials are also SG. While Sarah Goode's twitter does indicate a lot of drama in her personal life, I hope that doesn’t cause LE to only focus 100% of their efforts on a small circle of people and I hope that they have also considered at least looking at this case in the context of a much broader picture. It may have been someone opportunistic and savvy enough with social media to realize how simple it would be to frame someone else in her life, given the extremely careless, incriminating nature of her friends’ public tweets.

It is my belief that LISK was not at the party, but that he knew that SG was going to that party and had her pick him up somewhere immediately afterwards. It is my belief that he met her online and gained her trust. I think that he knew that the party would be the perfect distraction for LE.

One of the body parts found in Manorville was a match to the a body found on Ocean Parkway so they are all the same killer(s). Medford is too close to Manorville for comfort and given the fact that another body was found near Oyster Bay in 2013, I think that he (or more likely “they”) are active all over Long Island and not just on Ocean Parkway. If it is LISK, the fact that SG’s body was found not far from SCPD headquarters in Yaphank is definitely not a coincidence, IMO. LISK loves to taunt and make complete fools of LE. I also feel that the last name of “Goode” has a meaning to LISK. In his mind, he is now targeting “good” women. I also feel that SG’s car being found on Fire Avenue could possibly have a meaning too. Perhaps a reference to Fire Island.

I agree with LadyL’s theory that the plates may have been bent to avoid red light cameras by a highly experienced criminal. It is also my belief that the whole scenario was staged to make it seem as if it was going to be a slam dunk case with one (or more) of SG's acquaintances being the perp(s) so as to throw LE off for such an extended period of time that the case will eventually go cold and years from now they will deny up and down that it has any connection to LISK.

I know I’m stating the obvious, but I hope that anyone who knows anything about any dating sites or dating apps that Sarah may have been using has provided LE with that information as I believe LISK has moved from using Craigslist to other forms of social media. Dating apps, such as Tinder, give user’s exact locations and could be a dream come true for predators. Has anyone here delved into any dating sites or apps to try to find any profiles for Sarah Goode? It’s a very common thing these days for young adults to always have active profiles on dating sites and apps. But only the ones that are the most up and coming. You probably wouldn’t find any of these kids on Eharmony.

@Theforeigner - I believe that you could really be on to something with the sugar daddy thing. Perhaps SG met this sugar daddy on a sugar daddy dating site? Perhaps the “sugar daddy” is LISK. Also, the phone calls from blocked IDs is absolutely something LISK would do.

If the cause of death is strangulation or asphyxiation then I think that should really raise suspicion for LISK. If it is anything else then I’d be inclined to believe that everyone’s suspicions about her acquaintances are correct. It makes me very suspicious that LE hasn’t released her cause of death to MSM yet. LE’s sudden quietness in MSM about the case seems to be very odd and it seems to be dragging on now for quite a bit of time.

One thing I’ve noticed (that has already been mentioned) about their tweets is how immature many of her friends seem. I think they are all bark and no bite. I get the feeling that they all talk a big game on SM but wouldn’t necessarily do anything in real life. I don’t know, but that was just my impression. JF seems extremely immature….but homicidal? I have doubts…..

The longer this drags on without an official suspects or POI, the more I’m inclined to believe it may not been one of her friends.

I just hope that LE is truly covering all bases.

And I hope that SCPD homicide squad has detectives that are extremely social-media savvy. If not, then it’s no wonder they have yet to catch LISK(S). I hope they’re actually still investigating LISK and not just trying to sweep everything under the rug and hope it magically goes away, like they seemingly do quite often…

I’m sure whoever is responsible for Sarah Goode’s death is reading this thread. I’m sure many predators stalk this forum to check up on what everyone is saying about them….creepy. They may even be amongst the users.

Does LE read this forum? I hope they do!! After reading most of this thread it seems like you guys do tons of work that could be very helpful to LE. We have to hope that they’ve been doing at least as much work as everyone here, because if not, then that would be pretty scary and disconcerting. I hope that they take all of your tips and help very seriously.

I know most of you will probably really disagree with me after looking into SM in depth in this particular case, but this is my theory right now.

I have a sinking feeling that an arrest won’t be made soon.

My thoughts are with Sarah’s family. If you come across this, I am very sorry for your loss.

Long Island serial killer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wrong?
I said IMO...you have yours and I respect that.

The two dumping grounds are not similar. Where SS was located is a maintained and regularly walked/hiked preserve with trails. Where SG was found is not an "official" preserve with no maintained trails. Rather, local young people go there to hang out and do...well, what they do.

Like I said, I am moving on.

Mom - you are correct - they are not the same. There's actually a wildlife preserve a block over from my mum in Shirley. Coincidentally, Sarah's friends had searched there the Tuesday before her body was found. Preserves have a lot more "public" activity as well as County workers (overseers) wherein where Sarah was found was just woods with a "man made" trail, caused by people cutting through on the regular.

The LISK references bother me. This was not their MO. LISK would pull working girls off of Craigslist. Mind you there is a small possibility their MO changed but I don't think there are enough connections other than a young girl ended up dead.

Hi, new here.

One thing I’ve noticed (that has already been mentioned) about their tweets is how immature many of her friends seem. I think they are all bark and no bite. I get the feeling that they all talk a big game on SM but wouldn’t necessarily do anything in real life. I don’t know, but that was just my impression. JF seems extremely immature….but homicidal? I have doubts…..

The longer this drags on without an official suspects or POI, the more I’m inclined to believe it may not been one of her friends.

And I hope that SCPD homicide squad has detectives that are extremely social-media savvy. If not, then it’s no wonder they have yet to catch LISK(S). I hope they’re actually still investigating LISK and not just trying to sweep everything under the rug and hope it magically goes away, like they seemingly do quite often…

I’m sure whoever is responsible for Sarah Goode’s death is reading this thread. I’m sure many predators stalk this forum to check up on what everyone is saying about them….creepy. They may even be amongst the users.

Does LE read this forum? I hope they do!! After reading most of this thread it seems like you guys do tons of work that could be very helpful to LE. We have to hope that they’ve been doing at least as much work as everyone here, because if not, then that would be pretty scary and disconcerting. I hope that they take all of your tips and help very seriously.

I know most of you will probably really disagree with me after looking into SM in depth in this particular case, but this is my theory right now.

My thoughts are with Sarah’s family. If you come across this, I am very sorry for your loss.

RSBM

Welcome, Lurq. Excellent post!

:welcome:

Mom - you are correct - they are not the same. There's actually a wildlife preserve a block over from my mum in Shirley. Coincidentally, Sarah's friends had searched there the Tuesday before her body was found. Preserves have a lot more "public" activity as well as County workers (overseers) wherein where Sarah was found was just woods with a "man made" trail, caused by people cutting through on the regular.

The LISK references bother me. This was not their MO. LISK would pull working girls off of Craigslist. Mind you there is a small possibility their MO changed but I don't think there are enough connections other than a young girl ended up dead.

Do you call this a "man made" trail?

This is a street view of Camden CT in Medford, the street where SGs body was found in the wooded area of of Camden Ct.:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@40.8396...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smfkwuTA4XKkUumDjdceIkA!2e0

Do you call this a "man made" trail?

This is a street view of Camden CT in Medford, the street where SGs body was found in the wooded area of of Camden Ct.:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@40.8396...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smfkwuTA4XKkUumDjdceIkA!2e0

Yes. That is an example of a trail that was created from years of "use" - people walking, biking, triking . . . all down the same path. If you look at the picture, the curb stretches around the cul de sac and does not stop in front of the trail -- it continues through. Because that path was never intended and was not intentionally created.

Now if you were to look at the preserve (or any preserve) there are intentionally created walkways and drive ways so that people can walk, bike and even drive vehicles through the area. The area itself was intended for visitation and habitation.

The point is, yes, both locations are both "woods" however one was intended for daily public and county use and visitation while the other "just happened" due to prolonged use. One (preserve) has daily foot traffic, etc. while the other (wooded area) has occasional.

Yes. That is an example of a trail that was created from years of "use" - people walking, biking, triking . . . all down the same path. If you look at the picture, the curb stretches around the cul de sac and does not stop in front of the trail -- it continues through. Because that path was never intended and was not intentionally created.

Now if you were to look at the preserve (or any preserve) there are intentionally created walkways and drive ways so that people can walk, bike and even drive vehicles through the area. The area itself was intended for visitation and habitation.

The point is, yes, both locations are both "woods" however one was intended for daily public and county use and visitation while the other "just happened" due to prolonged use. One (preserve) has daily foot traffic, etc. while the other (wooded area) has occasional.

Take one more look.
This is an aerial photo of the Camden Ct wooden path/trial
And do NOT tell me once more that this is not intentionally made:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x89e845cbf88b6c2b:0x296d1aff29c3b0db

Anyway wether the path/trial is man-made or not doesent really matter, my original point was that both Sarah S and Sarah G were dumped ca 100/150 feet into a wooded area nearby a path/trial, killed 25 miles and 8 months apart.

Now if the MO was identical in the two Sarah's murdercases, I would say the killer is a serial killer, LISK or another SK.

Those are what we call "Lilco" trails. They are not meant for public use however the public uses them. The trail that leads to them was created from "wear". If you look at the first map view you posted, you see there is a small hill at the beginning of the trail. That was more than likely caused by kids on bmx bikes or motorized dirt bikes/trikes.

And as far as how they were dumped - one was in a public place one was not. Also, there are hundreds if not thousands of victims on Long Island, throughout it's history, that have been dumped in wooded areas - both public and non public and not every single one was related.

My opinion is she knew her killer or killers and it was a "crime of passion", i.e. they were upset with her for one reason or another. I also think at least one female if not more were involved.

Even if it was the work of a serial killer, it's not LISK. He/She killed prostitutes that he/she procured from Craigslist. And of all the victims found thus far, only one was even from Long Island while Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance started the whole thing, is believed in some circles to have died from exposure due to her manic episode.

Hi, new here.

In regards to Sarah saying that she was being followed (because IMO she did mean that literally), I hope that they are at least considering LISK. The age range for all of the victims is 18-35 and they are all around Sarah’s very petite height and weight as well. Also, most of them had brown or hazel eyes and brown hair. Natasha Jugo was a woman from Queens (who wasn’t a prostitute), who went missing last summer. Her car was found abandon on Ocean Parkway and her body ended up washing up on shore off of Ocean Parkway, not far from her car. She claimed that she was being followed as well. She apparently had been telling her parents that she was being followed and was very upset about it. LE says that her case isn’t officially linked to the LISK cases, but IMO it is very obviously related. I think he has stopped exclusively victimizing prostitutes and has now moved on to others in addition. Maybe to taunt the police, maybe for media attention, and maybe because prostitutes are easy targets and he/they has/have now become more brazen and is looking for more of a challenge. It seems to me like there is definitely more than one person involved, and working together, in most of those scenarios. It seems as if he befriends the victim (probably a “grooming” and trust-gaining process over social media....originally craigslist but now probably dating sites) and then gets them to pick him up while he’s being followed by an accomplice (as per Shannan Gilbert’s “THEY'RE trying to kill me” phone call to the police). When he picks the victim up and the accomplice follows them (IMO, that’s who Sarah Goode was referring to that was following her, but it was her and LISK in her car together and LISK was having his accomplice follow them). As soon as I heard about Sarah Goode the first thought that came to mind was that Megan Waterman went missing on June 6th 2010 so the date of June 6th could have a meaning. Someone else mentioned that in this thread as well. Also, Shannan Gilbert went missing immediately after being at a party and it initially seemed as if it would be obvious that it was someone at the party who was responsible for her disappearance, which turned out not to be the case. Her initials are also SG. While Sarah Goode's twitter does indicate a lot of drama in her personal life, I hope that doesn’t cause LE to only focus 100% of their efforts on a small circle of people and I hope that they have also considered at least looking at this case in the context of a much broader picture. It may have been someone opportunistic and savvy enough with social media to realize how simple it would be to frame someone else in her life, given the extremely careless, incriminating nature of her friends’ public tweets.

It is my belief that LISK was not at the party, but that he knew that SG was going to that party and had her pick him up somewhere immediately afterwards. It is my belief that he met her online and gained her trust. I think that he knew that the party would be the perfect distraction for LE.

One of the body parts found in Manorville was a match to the a body found on Ocean Parkway so they are all the same killer(s). Medford is too close to Manorville for comfort and given the fact that another body was found near Oyster Bay in 2013, I think that he (or more likely “they”) are active all over Long Island and not just on Ocean Parkway. If it is LISK, the fact that SG’s body was found not far from SCPD headquarters in Yaphank is definitely not a coincidence, IMO. LISK loves to taunt and make complete fools of LE. I also feel that the last name of “Goode” has a meaning to LISK. In his mind, he is now targeting “good” women. I also feel that SG’s car being found on Fire Avenue could possibly have a meaning too. Perhaps a reference to Fire Island.

I agree with LadyL’s theory that the plates may have been bent to avoid red light cameras by a highly experienced criminal. It is also my belief that the whole scenario was staged to make it seem as if it was going to be a slam dunk case with one (or more) of SG's acquaintances being the perp(s) so as to throw LE off for such an extended period of time that the case will eventually go cold and years from now they will deny up and down that it has any connection to LISK.

I know I’m stating the obvious, but I hope that anyone who knows anything about any dating sites or dating apps that Sarah may have been using has provided LE with that information as I believe LISK has moved from using Craigslist to other forms of social media. Dating apps, such as Tinder, give user’s exact locations and could be a dream come true for predators. Has anyone here delved into any dating sites or apps to try to find any profiles for Sarah Goode? It’s a very common thing these days for young adults to always have active profiles on dating sites and apps. But only the ones that are the most up and coming. You probably wouldn’t find any of these kids on Eharmony.

@Theforeigner - I believe that you could really be on to something with the sugar daddy thing. Perhaps SG met this sugar daddy on a sugar daddy dating site? Perhaps the “sugar daddy” is LISK. Also, the phone calls from blocked IDs is absolutely something LISK would do.

If the cause of death is strangulation or asphyxiation then I think that should really raise suspicion for LISK. If it is anything else then I’d be inclined to believe that everyone’s suspicions about her acquaintances are correct. It makes me very suspicious that LE hasn’t released her cause of death to MSM yet. LE’s sudden quietness in MSM about the case seems to be very odd and it seems to be dragging on now for quite a bit of time.

Welcome lurq :)

Great post!
Only things I disagree with is that they killer/killers were more than one, and I also don't believe Shannan Gilbert was a LISK victim, but I do believe she was murdered.

Looking forward to read more posts from you.

Those are what we call "Lilco" trails. They are not meant for public use however the public uses them. The trail that leads to them was created from "wear". If you look at the first map view you posted, you see there is a small hill at the beginning of the trail. That was more than likely caused by kids on bmx bikes or motorized dirt bikes/trikes.

And as far as how they were dumped - one was in a public place one was not. Also, there are hundreds if not thousands of victims on Long Island, throughout it's history, that have been dumped in wooded areas - both public and non public and not every single one was related.

My opinion is she knew her killer or killers and it was a "crime of passion", i.e. they were upset with her for one reason or another. I also think at least one female if not more were involved.

Even if it was the work of a serial killer, it's not LISK. He/She killed prostitutes that he/she procured from Craigslist. And of all the victims found thus far, only one was even from Long Island while Shannan Gilbert, whose disappearance started the whole thing, is believed in some circles to have died from exposure due to her manic episode.

Could have written this myself. Right on.

Excellent.
ITA with everything.

Thanks. I honestly don't mean to be obstinate but I'm Long Island born and bred, 43 years. I've seen A LOT in those years and am also very familiar with Eastern Suffolk, from the North Shore to the South Shore.

Just catching up here but was there a photo that I may have missed? TIA...in regards to the party being outside.

bluenoser---in Sarah's instgram there is a picture from the party showing her with some/all of the group.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zumSLSYMqZmw.kyLAVKbRd3PA

I created a newer map to update tjdegoed3's original map to include where her car was found and where Sarah was found.

The route that is highlighted isn't one that is definitely known, but it makes the most sense for a few reasons. 1) It cuts diagonally across to Shirley. 2) The location of her tweet at 8:51 pm. 3) Looking at at the satellite view in order to access William Floyd Parkway she would have had to either drive south a few blocks to reach an intersection that allows one to head north on WFP, or she would have had to drive north a few blocks to get on WFP and head south to reach a turn around to go north.

Does anyone recall if they found any of her personal effects in the car..purse, phone etc.? I think I remember either reading or hearing in the news that her keys weren't in the car.

Wow, Droopy, thanks a million for the great map!!! I like to visualize things on maps -- even though I've never been "there." It makes me feel so much more a part of something (good or bad.) Good work!
icon12.gif

Hi, new here.

This is a very good theory worth investigating further. What has jumped out at me is what you said about LISK infiltrating the social media sights. It made me think of the janedoe twitter account that popped up after Sarah died and it is only following that group of people and things related to Sarah. JF has favorited janedoe's tweets. I know that the people janedoe are following do not know who this person is because if you go through the twitters pages of the people this jd is following they are all saying who is Janedoe.

There also is another twitter account that has been going on for a while and is following all these kids and everyone seems to think the account is a joke and one of their friends messing around. Everyone keeps trying to guess who it is.

Let me know if I can give the name of that account or drop a link here.

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this board for a while and I think a lot of people have done a wonderful job of putting information together. The map is fantastic by the way.

After reading this board and some news articles regarding this case, I feel that this case might be solved at looking not at a serial killer but closer to home. She was a young mother with a child. She was possibly harassed by phone, possibly stalked too. I would look to see if she had issues regarding child support, relationship with the child's father, etc..

In any case, my prayers to the family of this young lady. I cannot imagine what they are going through and I hope they can find whoever did this and bring them to Justice.

Thanks. I honestly don't mean to be obstinate but I'm Long Island born and bred, 43 years. I've seen A LOT in those years and am also very familiar with Eastern Suffolk, from the North Shore to the South Shore.

Thank you very much for your input.

:)

I really like the twist of it possibly being the lisk. Interesting tie in with the dates of the murders and the social media. Definately worth le looking into....he might have contacted her off one of the dating websites....she possibly blew him off but he became obsessed and tracked down her address......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member