GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Officials said they didn't know about the other case until the Goode murder investigation, which is why Taylor is being charged with the 2011 attempted rape now.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...medford-mom/120909/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Taylor was charged with attempted rape for a 2011 incident in which a woman claims he tried to sexually assault her at knifepoint in his bedroom. She escaped, said prosecutors who said they weren’t aware of the attempted rape until they began investigating Goode’s death.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/12/man-arrested-in-killing-of-mother/

Taylor was initially arrested on an unrelated rape charge from 2011 that was developed during the investigation into Goode's murder, officials said, and then charged with the murder of Goode on Saturday.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...Long-Island-Mom-Found-in-Woods-266867151.html

IMO they lucked out with a pending warrant. He was questioned before SG was found. Alarms were probably sounding during that interrogation.

O'Connell said Taylor was first questioned by police in connection with Goode's disappearance on June 10, two days before her body was discovered. Taylor spent 10 hours in custody before police released him, and he later went to Florida where he has family, the attorney said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...sed-of-killing-sarah-goode-cops-say-1.8779053
Another "red flag" for LE: POI/suspect flees jurisdiction to another state. Good time to visit "family" of course.

MOO

http://www.njherald.com/story/26002296/man-arraigned-in-death-of-missing-long-island-mom

What does that even mean? My hair's been caught in car windows, car doors, and even the front door of my house, but nothing that ever cut it off. :dunno:
The force of an electric window going up quickly could do it. It is heartbreaking to read the details of what Sarah endured in her last moments on Earth, and what must have been going through her mind - her little girl - as she fought for her own life. I'm sure as details are presented to a jury it won't be easy for them to hear either.

MOO

I couldn't agree more. As I stated previously, he was questioned for 10 hours on June 10th. Why was he not held on the other rape charge?

At the time there was no previous warrant. Someone they interviewed in connection to this case told the police DT attempted to rape her a few years back. That is how they got a warrant for him. Very good police work. I think they would of arrested him quicker but at that point they didn't have enough to hold him on, fingerprints probably hadnt come back yet maybe. He fled before they got the info on a previous attempted rape.

The force of an electric window going up quickly could do it. It is heartbreaking to read the details of what Sarah endured in her last moments on Earth, and what must have been going through her mind - her little girl - as she fought for her own life. I'm sure as details are presented to a jury it won't be easy for them to hear either.

MOO

Newsday says the hair was pulled out rather than cut. That seems more likely to me, under the circumstances. As a long-haired person, I can testify it's not that difficult to get your hair caught in a car window. If Sarah had leaned her head out the window to talk to DT, then rolled up the window — catching her hair — and he yanked the door open... well, there you go. Just one way it could have happened.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...sed-of-killing-sarah-goode-cops-say-1.8779053

Her hair could have gotten caught any number of ways. I wonder if that year BMW had the type of electric windows where if you press the button it closes, rather than the way they make the button in newer cars (pressing the button opens now due to kids getting their heads stuck).

I imagine he tried to get her body out of the car through a different door and her hair was stuck. And I leave the rest to your imagination because I can't even type it.

I thought once a suspect was caught I would feel some peace, but no. I knew early on that her car was a bloody mess & that she was raped. The family pretty much knew she probably wasn't alive but always held out hope. I'm so disgusted about the way DT murdered her. I am sickened about this. I first met Sarah when she was 6 yrs old, I employed 2 of Sarah's sister's for many years whom now work for my sister. Sarah was the baby of 9 siblings, she was so full of life & love at a young age. Having older siblings she learned early on how to stick up for herself, a beautiful sassy young lady. My heart hearts so bad for this loving family. I have daughters that are going to be forever changed because of this. Life is not safe

At the time there was no previous warrant. Someone they interviewed in connection to this case told the police DT attempted to rape her a few years back. That is how they got a warrant for him. Very good police work. I think they would of arrested him quicker but at that point they didn't have enough to hold him on, fingerprints probably hadnt come back yet maybe. He fled before they got the info on a previous attempted rape.

Thank you for this information. This makes sense. Believe me, I have tremendous respect for LE. I couldn't understand how it didn't come up when he was questioned. I also wonder if he had any cuts or scratches on him. This is all so sad to even comprehend.

Some more details from the Newsday article that has been linked here previously: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/dante-taylor-of-mastic-arrested-in-florida-accused-of-killing-sarah-goode-cops-say-1.8779053

Detectives found a "significant amount of blood" in Goode's gray 1999 BMW 328i and two palm prints -- one allegedly belonging to Taylor, and another believed to be Goode's, Albertson said.
In addition, investigators recovered bloodstained clothing belonging to Taylor, Albertson said.
Authorities also linked Taylor to the killing through GPS phone location tracking and phone calls between Taylor and Goode on the night she disappeared, the prosecutor said.

"Sarah knew Dante from the neighborhood," said Giselle Ruano, of Shirley, who knew them both. "They had stuff in common . . . Sarah comes from a big military family and knew a lot about the Marines. Dante had just got back from the Marines. He was angry he had to leave."

I'm so sorry for all involved. I followed. RIP Sarah, my heart goes out to the family.

Now lock his azz up forever! Charge him with more with her violent, senseless death. jmo

I still think there were more people involved.

I initially thought that too. My question is after he killed SG i'm sure tiny and all she put up a fight. Did he have scratch marks on him or bruises? DT hung out with his friends the very next night, didn't they see anything on him? DT apparently already had a bad rep and young adults who knew him, knew he was unstable.

A rape struggle may only be visable where clothing is worn.

DT is charged with two rapes. One a friend from two years or so ago, charged with the rape and murder of Sarah so...he's walking on thin ground to prove otherwise even without the other witness that got him on warrant in Florida. His DNA is at the scene. Bye DT. Friends will only add to the info of his behaviour.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back