GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was she pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tssiemer, I was just wondering the same thing. They updated webcrims this morning and the 2 murder charges are still on there, so I wonder why 2 counts. I'm sure we will find out soon enough. DT is due back in court tomorrow.

I'm not sure exactly why it's 2 counts or how they decide that, but channel 12 news had some small coverage on the story, and the reporter stated he was indicted today on 2 counts if first degree murder. You can also view the charges on webcrims, but it's hard to decipher.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/we...cordType=C&recordNum=jM8KTwobT5cUn3KvwzmGXA==

News12 is incorrect, the docket states DT is charged with one count of First degree Murder PL 125.27 1A and one count of Second Degree Murder 125.25 01

News12 is incorrect, the docket states DT is charged with one count of First degree Murder PL 125.27 1A and one count of Second Degree Murder 125.25 01

Would you happen to know its says "police officer" next to the charge? TIA

Would you happen to know its says "police officer" next to the charge? TIA

I wouldn't read into it too much, it could have just been a simple inputting error by the clerk in the e-filing office. It happens all the time. I know this because I have been working with criminal and civil court matters for
eight years now. It is important to note that webcrims only gives you basic information and even that is not always updated right away.

I am just hoping that his attorney does not try and paint a picture of a consensual relationship as opposed to rape and drag her name.

How can he, there was such violence in that car. But yeah you are right, his attorney probably will.

Spota regarding the attempted rape. "That is a seperate crime from the two murders".

I watched the video and he clearly said,"murders." Unless he misspoke, it makes me think she could of possibly been pregnant. Maybe so early that she didn't even know yet. Clearly speculation. I'm curious to see if they have another conference after DT's next hearing.

Thomas Spota, Suffolk County DA, states and confirms in video below that Dante Taylor:

"...has been indicted for 2 Counts of Murder in the First Degree..."

Close to the end of video at link below (July 22 News Conference on LI Arrest of John Bittrolff), beginning @ about 22:11:

http://longisland.news12.com/multimedia/news-conference-on-arrest-in-2-cold-case-murders-1.8866466

So SC DA misspoke then?

I just logged onto webcrims from my computer, was checking on my phone, before and DT was indeed indicted on 2 counts of First Degree Murder, One count of Second Degree Murder, and One Count of First Degree attempted rape. Sorry for any confusion.

Can they bring charges for a "second" murder if Sarah was pregnant at the time of her murder? Does America have any law's to do with a foetus also being killed at the time of the mothers murder? Sorry if that sounds dumb.

Can they bring charges for a "second" murder if Sarah was pregnant at the time of her murder? Does America have any law's to do with a foetus also being killed at the time of the mothers murder? Sorry if that sounds dumb.

Yes, absolutely. Scott Peterson is one example, charged for both his wife and unborn son's murders.

I can't find any verification online that they do in New York, but they do in like 36 states

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

When u read the charges in webcrims.... Murder in the first appears 2x.... So I'm assuming that's the 2 counts. But under one docket it says "indictment count-1" and the other says "indictment counts-2". Let's say for example the victim is not pregnant, how would a person get more than 1 charge if murder, if there is only 1 victim?? Tried researching but have not come up with a definate answer. Definition states that's it's basically with more criminal charges. I'm confused.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_indictment_counts_mean

How is it attempted rape ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the story I read, I gathered that there was not an actual rape. He had a female in his bedroom and at knifepoint demanded she disrobe. I don't know the details but was able to escape. But I guess that enough to charge with "attempted" rape. I will try and find the article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back