NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very, very embarrassing for them…measures will be taken at great expense to make sure it doesn't happen for at least another 170 years.

Someone makes a report like what CNN is reporting they'll respond in force. I think someone may be arrested for a false report. I don't see other news outlets reporting this.

Edit: Fox reporting now. Two men seen last night. Massive search.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/09/us/new-york-prison-break/

"While the woman has not been arrested or charged, criminologist Casey Jordan said the notion of a female employee helping male inmates is certainly possible.

"I don't want to admit that it happens, but I know women who have met men in prisons working there, and fallen in love, and quit their jobs and married them when they got out," Jordan said.

"We call this, very often, hybristophilia. It is the psychological phenomenon where women are attracted to a bad boy. And sometimes the worse he is, the more deep the attraction."

I don't understand it. I have not heard of men doing this as much as women, men aren't interested in bad girls I guess. Jmo

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/four-female-prison-guards-impregnated-by-same-inmate/

ciao

Someone makes a report like what CNN is reporting they'll respond in force. I think someone may be arrested for a false report. I don't see other news outlets reporting this.

Edit: Fox reporting now. Two men seen last night. Massive search.

Yea, both sightings occurred in the early morning hours, Not broad daylight.

First one in backyard at 12-12:30 AM

Second one (CNN reporting today) at about 2 AM

Imagine the publicity for that small power tool when they release what it was.

Imagine the publicity for that small power tool when they release what it was.
No kidding. "Our tools are sooo powerful, you can break out of a maximum security prison. Have a nice day." LOL

Yes, Fox is reporting that the Daily News is reporting that they are cornered.

How can they know they are cornered? I am still a bit skeptical. But HOPE it is true.

My friend who lives in the area said they have them cornered in the woods. Its bear season, too! One way or another...their little trist is will be short lived.

Hi everyone. :) Been a little while.. I thought I might find a thread for these guys here. I'm a relatively local member and our local news station is talking about this constantly so maybe I can help keep stuff updated or verified or whatever (via what I see on the news). They have two suspicious men in Essex county, Willsboro, right now with LE lining the treed area with high power rifles and binoculars. That is confirmed by local news. Time warner news - they just said they've suspended login criteria throughout the duration of this event, so if someone (or I) can find their website then you can watch what I'm watching live. "two suspicious men seen running into the woods by a resident.. it has NOT been confirmed if those two men are Matt and Sweat but again, the amount of LE in the area we would have to assume that it is two men who are very wanted right now" - news reporter right now.

(source: TWCnews.com - I'm watching on tv but you can watch the same thing on their live feed.)

the guy Larry on CNN just said that you can easily sneak a saw inside in your rectum. Brooke Baldwin's face was disgusted. The lengths people go to... smh

@HunterTWCNews is the news anchor who is tweeting live updates about this according to the news cast I'm watching right now, if anyone wants to keep an eye on that (I can't multi task on this computer. grrr.) Severe weather pushing through the search area, will bring "torrential rain and possible standing water" they said a few minutes ago.

(edited to add my source: TWCnews.com - I'm watching on tv but you can watch the same thing on their live feed.)

Reports just removed "cornered" from the reports.

Reported that the POI called in "Nervous" the day of the escape

Law enforcement learned of the whereabouts of the wanted men about 2 a.m. Monday when a state trooper stopped a car in which they were riding as it drove on rain-slickened Middle Road near State Route 22, sources said.

<snip>

One of the two convicts is believed to have family in or around Willsboro, which sits on the shore of Lake Champlain, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-n-y-search-escaped-inmates-article-1.2251856

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-run-four-days-after-escaping-clinton-n372096

" State police reports confirmed that Joyce Mitchell, a who works in the prison tailor shop as a teacher or instructor, is a person of interest and has been questioned. Matt and Sweat worked in the shop, where they made Metro-North railroad uniforms, and that appeared to be how they made contact with Mitchell.

On the day of the escape, police say, Mitchell had "a case of nerves" and checked herself into the local hospital. "

Law enforcement agencies from the local, state and federal levels have descended on the Essex County town of Willsboro after a "credible tip" from a civilian reported seeing the two escaped killers from the Clinton County Correctional Facility in Dannemora, Richard Matthew and David Sweat, according to a law enforcement source.
Willsboro, about 50 miles southeast of Dannemora, sits on the western shore of Lake Champlain.

State Police have not confirmed the search is for Matt and Sweat.
On-scene reports say the area in Willsboro looks "militarized" as dozens of law enforcement equipped with heavy rifles have their eyes trained beyond a cow pasture on Station Road and at a forest at the other end of that pasture.

A source tells Time Warner Cable News they are searching a few square miles for the two suspects using a "hunting method" by forcing them out of the woods on the other side to the "waiting arms of other law enforcement."

Agencies include the U.S. Marshal Service, state Department of Corrections, State Police and Essex County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/capital-region/news/2015/06/9/escaped-inmates.html

Law enforcement learned of the whereabouts of the wanted men about 2 a.m. Monday when a state trooper stopped a car in which they were riding as it drove on rain-slickened Middle Road near State Route 22, sources said.

<snip>

One of the two convicts is believed to have family in or around Willsboro, which sits on the shore of Lake Champlain, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-n-y-search-escaped-inmates-article-1.2251856

from your link ""This is a hard place to find someone," he said. "This is a very dense area. We are in the middle of the mountains. It's easy to walk into Canada from here. I've done it by mistake.""

link also states that a resident says the men broke into a home and stole a gun shortly after LE pulled the car over and they ran off into the woods which is where LE have been staking out since then.

FWIW, our local tv news states the woods are on private property owned by a farmer which a railroad track runs through.
I live where the Deputy Tarsia was murdered by Sweat, so this is one of our biggest news stories ever.. so that's why I keep referring to "my local news", again, just FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member