NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN reporting Joyce Mitchell charged with 2 felonies.

Also that she gave the escapes the tools and other items such as eye glasses.

And JMs husband is a subject of the investigation.

Perhaps, if husband is involved, Matt duped both husband & wife into believing he had access to sum of money to pay them off once he was free.

Other thought is if husband is involved, wife and/or inmates somehow duped him into helping with various pieces of the plan.

The headline I saw on CNN was Mitchell Had Relationships With Both Men

Versus Mitchell Had [sexual] Relations With Both Men.

IF she admitted the latter to LE, well then, she would really need her head examined IMO.

Anything is possible, though.

My first thought was that she might have set him up and the cops would think he arranged the whole thing while she ran off with the two criminals. I feel so badly for the son.

CORRECTED RELEASE...........CORRECTION BOLDED

12 June 2015
UPDATE: State Police to hold press conference regarding the arrest of Joyce Mitchell

NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Charles E. Guess
Troop B Commander

PRESS RELEASE

The New York State Police have arrested Joyce Mitchell, 51, of Dickinson Center, NY for providing material assistance to Richard Matt and David Sweat to assist them in escaping from Clinton Correctional Facility.

Mitchell was charged with Promoting Prison Contraband 1st Degree, a class D Felony, and Criminal Facilitation 4th Degree, a class A misdemeanor.

The press conference will take place Friday, June 12, at 6:30 p.m. at the Saranac Junior/Senior High School in the cafeteria. The High School is located at 70 Picketts Corners Road, Saranac, New York. Media should park on the right side of the high school, adjacent to the football field.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=46089&

RBBM

In New York, really?

You are right. No she will not. I thought surely she would get stiff time for a first degree felony but it seems she could only get 7 years max. That is disgusting. She has helped these goons and look how much money and manpower has been spent since she help them escape?

But I forgot that NY is a very liberal state and usually that means the sentences are much softer than in some other states. But before this is over with she may rack up additional charges.

Especially if they have kidnapped someone and is holding them hostage inside of their home or worse.:(

IMO

JM worked in a prison so she knows what prison life is like, hope she enjoys her stay. No sympathy from me.
She helped TERRORIZE such a peaceful community.

CHVEMbnW8AE6VPd.jpg

Keshia Clukey retweeted
Brent Mersinger ‏@Bamersi 1h1 hour ago

@KClukey_TU

:heartbeat:

You are right. No she will not. I thought surely she would get stiff time for a first degree felony but it seems she could only get 7 years max. That is disgusting. She has helped these goons and look how much money and manpower has been spent since she help them escape?

But I forgot that NY is a very liberal state and usually that means the sentences are much softer than in some other states. But before this is over with she may rack up additional charges.

Especially if they have kidnapped someone and is holding them hostage inside of their home or worse.:(

IMO

Yes. NY is a horse of a different color.

And IF they commit any criminal acts while on the lam, she will not be charged. No way. No how. Not in NY imo

dedamwriter ‏@KimDedam 2m2 minutes ago

FR NYSP --Criminal Facilitation 4th, class A misdemeanor, not a felony. NYLaw: "in fact aids person to commit a felony" #PrisonBreakNY

CHVEMbnW8AE6VPd.jpg

Keshia Clukey retweeted
Brent Mersinger ‏@Bamersi 1h1 hour ago

@KClukey_TU

:heartbeat:

Seriously! Reminded of Max from Six Million Dollar Man (I think that's the right show) - God bless the Search Crews (LE and K9) out there going above and beyond!

:bow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!

#Get.Your.Act.Together

I don't know the laws up there or what charges they could file against her but surely there is one that includes being a co-conspirator who let two murderers escape? What charge will they give these two for escaping if they catch them? If they are charged with a more severe felony then she should be too because it was her help that facilitated the escape.

IMO

To bad JM won't be charged to pay out for the officers pay and overtime,,,, this is expensive and NY citizens should be outraged!

I hope the escapees run into some bears. They must smell like dinner. It would serve them right.

I don't know the laws up there or what charges they could file against her but surely there is one that includes being a co-conspirator who let two murderers escape? What charge will they give these two for escaping if they catch them? If they are charged with a more severe felony then she should be too because it was her help that facilitated the escape.

IMO

Can't do too much, already serving Life, one without parole, But

Won't be in going back to that prison.

Won't be in the same prison next time.

Believe Matt may have had parole date way down the line (not sure, though): if so, end of that

Segregated from gen pop

Loss of privileges

LOL. A reporter tweeted that she ate one of the strawberries from the woods nearby, "a little sour, but not bad."

Oh my gosh! Lol! In related news a reporter was transported to the hospital after consuming a poison berry.

All we need now is Geraldo out there reenacting the escape, climbing through drains and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member