NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers on Fox said the prosecutor was going very easy on her. If these guys kill someone she could be in a lot more trouble.

Last year, the guy who shot the PA state trooper hid out in the forest for a month. Supposedly he knew the area and had hidden stashes. It's been raining a lot, so there's no shortage of water and I heard there are apple trees.

And he was some kind of sharp-shooter armed survivalist.

Apples aren't picked until end of September, they'd just be tiny buds right now...

Somebody supplied them with a car and a cell phone and money.

I believe they are long gone.

Hope I'm wrong because I would love to see them dirty and bitten and defeated.

Posted it last thread, but there was an interesting angle in a corrections publication about the contractors being invovoved. THere were 12 contractors active in the building - and in a way - not being snooty- but makes sense - ie a carpenter with a criminal record would "befriend" them and help them get away - you know what I mean! Hates the system etc

I'm beginning to think the same thing. It just seems if they were still in the area they would have been captured by now. I don't believe they have the type of skills needed to have evaded police for this long if they were still close by.

I agree if they were in the area, they would be captured within days but i completely disagree about the skill set. These convicts live every single day looking for weak spots, whether it be a break in the guard shift or a flirty lady in the clothes room. These are tough people who can live under less than ideal circumstances for a long period of time. why? because they know their freedom is at stake. Last time Richard Matt was found in a national park, these guys are survivors. The bugs, the rain, the woods mean their not in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! I just checked Google maps. It's less than 25 miles and an 8 hour walk to the Canadian border.

early pic of sweat

Sweat was a mapper and a planner.

635695249032295316-hnl-5597qzm1ht4xvud96vl-original.jpg

Sweat was no stranger to Smith's courtroom. In a 1996 crime, he and a friend planned an elaborate theft of computers and cash from a youth-group home in Binghamton. The plan involved tying up a woman and locking her in a storage room.

A counselor saw them before they could carry out their plans and the police were called.

What made the crime stand out was that it had been plotted on paper, complete with a sketch of the group home and the location of the computers and money.

Four days after Sweat's July 6, 2002, arrest for Tarsia's murder, police searched bags of garbage left on the back porch of an apartment at 15 Dickinson St., Binghamton. Buried with urine-filled soda bottles and the other detritus of Sweat's life was a hand-drawn map.
It was a sketch of Mess' Fireworks, a Great Bend, Pa., gunshop and fireworks business, marked by Sweat's fingerprint.

Sweat turned to marijuana dealing. Nabinger smoked it. Both were occasionally homeless. Both flitted from woman to woman. Sweat fathered a child.

Sweat had once told Roger M. Henry, his mother's boyfriend, that he used a scanner to help him evade police and that "if the cops came for him, he'd blow them away," Henry told police.

"Sweat said if he ever was stopped after a crime, he would do the same thing to avoid going back to prison,"

The camper was part of a plan that Sweat and Nabinger had, a witness said. They would live in the camper in the woods behind

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/.../10/david-sweats-brutal-path-prison/71017500/

Her husband worked in the maintenance department at the tailoring block where his spouse was employed, Wylie said. Lyle Mitchell has worked at the prison since 2005, most recently as an $57,697-a-year industrial training supervisor, the same title his wife held, according to state records.

this makes sense he fled to mex last round :

Authorities in Texas, where Matt reportedly has an aunt, have asked officers to be on the lookout for the fugitive, according to a document obtained by CNN. The document further warns Matt has intentions of crossing into Mexico and says, “Matt is familiar with ranchers on both sides of the border who allow illegal crossings to occur.”

http://fox4kc.com/2015/06/12/new-yo...allegedly-helping-prisoners-in-brazen-escape/

well my friends........my wings are drooping.......it's off to bed for this queenie......

until next time :seeya:.............:eek:fftobed:

hummmm

However, a State Police document obtained by the Albany Times Union lists Mitchell's role as "prison employee, admitted to providing power tools." The same document, prepared by the agency's Special Investigations Unit, also says that Mitchell's husband, Lyle, "may have assisted with the escape," the newspaper reports.

then this

He said said Mitchell "provided some form of equipment or tools" to the two men but "did not bring power tools into the facility based on our investigation." He did not say where the men got the sophisticated tools used in the escape.

.http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/12/new-york-prison-escape-search/71111600/

LOL sorry about that Sparky! I'll be good I promise.

Those are some interesting articles CARIIS, thanks!

I missed the arraignment (had less important things to do haha) so is there any videos to access? I have been on the fence regarding where these criminals are, seems like they are long gone but why would they be spending soooooooo much time and tactics in certain concentrated areas? Something has to be legit in order to use so much law enforcement on perimeter lines, etc. I don't know why this has not concluded if they are close in the vicinity and they are using the heat /infrared seeking equipment?

I missed the arraignment (had less important things to do haha) so is there any videos to access? I have been on the fence regarding where these criminals are, seems like they are long gone but why would they be spending soooooooo much time and tactics in certain concentrated areas? Something has to be legit in order to use so much law enforcement on perimeter lines, etc. I don't know why this has not concluded if they are close in the vicinity and they are using the heat /infrared seeking equipment?

http://m.wptz.com/news/uncut-prison-guard-joyce-mitchell-arraigned-in-court/33560656

I agree if they were in the area, they would be captured within days but i completely disagree about the skill set. These convicts live every single day looking for weak spots, whether it be a break in the guard shift or a flirty lady in the clothes room. These are tough people who can live under less than ideal circumstances for a long period of time. why? because they know their freedom is at stake. Last time Richard Matt was found in a national park, these guys are survivors. The bugs, the rain, the woods mean their not in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, I agree their skill set inside the prison and plotting their escape is obviously stellar, I just don't think they are skilled outdoorsmen. At least I didn't, but they seem to be proving me wrong as they continue unhampered on their merry way to wherever they are going.

The intricate planning behind their escape and even the psychology they used is fascinating to me and I'm obsessed with wanting to know every last detail of how they did it.

Night All - I am always too far behind to post. Someone always beats me to it!! :thinking: It is nice to know great minds think alike.

Seriously? This chick gave hacksaw blades to the man they call "hacksaw"?
So I guess he definitely hasn't lost his fondness for the hacksaw. :puke:

The things this woman provided to him are murder weapons.
He's used them once to kill and dismember somebody.
No reason he wouldn't use them again. Maybe that's why he didn't ditch the tools. :facepalm:

https://twitter.com/eastmantwcnews

Katie Eastman ‏@EastmanTWCNews 6m6 minutes ago

Arraignment papers say Mitchell introduced "hacksaw blades, chisels, a punch and a screwdriver bit" into Clinton Correctional Facility

CNN, Anderson 360:

Investigators still speaking to husband, but also Certified Staff Members & Civilian Employees at prison

Have info on what part of husband's role would be, but...pursuing other peop who may b involved

What are certified staff members?

A certified staff member is a member that completes all necessary requirements to conduct a specific job duty within the prison. Certified members include Correctional Officers, Administration workers, Caseworkers, maintenance, Food service workers, Industrial workers and so on.

usually stands for certified emergency riot and tactical (or close)
No, that is not what CERT stands for.
The CERT that is dispatched due to the prison escape incident stands for Correctional Emergency Response Team.

There are different team titles in each BOP and State Jail/Prison in each state and the Officers are volunteers.

SORT is Special Operational Response Team

SERT is Special Emergency Response Team

CSO is Corrections Special Operations

These Officers are on call to be available at all times. They are deployed for assaults, riots, escapes, hostage situations to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela