NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IT would appear that Sweat spent some time living in the woods.

"Once he got out, he stayed at times with a girlfriend in Binghamton. Coincidentally, she was the oldest daughter of Patricia Desmond, the woman who lived with him and his mother when he was young.

Otherwise, Mr. Sweat lived with others in stolen cars clustered in the woods, plotting trouble."
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0

IIRC a poster here who is local to Dannemora mentioned there are abandoned cars in the woods that you might not even notice unless you happen right upon them because the brush is so thick. Or someone on CNN or TWCNews said that. But it was said 2 days ago, I know that. But for now consider it RUMOR since I have no link.

Has anything been said about an investigation into her cell phone, other than that it had been used? Any specifics about who was called?

I don't think so, just that contacts of Matt and/or Sweat had been called by someone using her phone. AFAIK

http://pix11.com/2015/06/12/joyce-mitchell-accused-of-aiding-escaped-prisoners-to-be-arraigned/

"Her cell phone was also used to make calls to people connected to Matt, according to a source. It’s not known who made these calls."

"According to the authorities, the pair and a friend stole guns from a fireworks and firearms store in Great Bend, Pa., early on July 4, 2002. They were not subtle. They stole a pickup truck and drove it into the front door. Mr. Sweat had apparently done a careful sketch of the place and knew where to find what they wanted.

Afterward, they huddled in Grange Hall Park in Kirkwood, N.Y., to move the weapons between vehicles. Kevin J. Tarsia, a Broome County sheriff’s deputy, spotted them around 4 a.m. while on patrol. When Deputy Tarsia approached them, Mr. Sweat and Mr. Nabinger shot him multiple times. The third accomplice hid in the trees. While the deputy was still alive, Mr. Sweat ran over him in his car. Then they stole his handgun and flares."

Deputy Tarsia was only 36 years old. RIP, if you can at this point. :(

13ESCAPEES7jp-articleLarge.jpg

source - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0

Sorry for so many quotes this morning. Not sure why I feel compelled to do so. Maybe because it's all I *can* do in this situation.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/06/09/escaped-convict-a-marine-vet/28731967/

"Images released of Richard Matt, convicted of killing and dismembering his boss, show that he has the Marine-style tattoo on his right shoulder. The eagle, globe and anchor became the Corps' official emblem in 1955, and Matt's tattoo raised questions about whether he was a veteran. But the Marine Corps has no record of Matt serving, Yvonne Carlock, a spokeswoman with Manpower and Reserve Affairs, told Marine Corps Times."

hm. That's weird.

"Within the past year, officials looked into whether Mitchell had improper ties to the 34-year-old Sweat, who was serving a life sentence for killing a sheriff's deputy, Wylie said. He gave no details on the nature of the suspected relationship."

(not sure we had that info before specifically)

"The garment shop is intended to give prisoners job skills and work habits. In general, an inmate assigned to such a job might work several hours a day there, five days a week, meaning he would have significant contact with supervisors.

Mitchell's union, Civil Service Employees Association Local 1000, would not comment Friday on the investigation of Mitchell or the current allegations."

BBM.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/us_n...cle_fa1cbf4e-f84a-50fe-a554-e197349c0ac2.html

I was too tired to stay up for the arraignment and haven't read all overnight posts. Just a thought:

Could JM's panic attack have been the result of the perps not being where they said they'd be for the getaway? Methinks they decided to dump her in favor of another means of escape. JM might have figured this out and knew she was in deep doo-doo if they were on the run without her help. If that's the case, the perps are long gone. :moo:

They stated on CNN (Erin Burnett) that the husband cannot read or write! What!?* and he is working at a State Prison? How did he get the job then? I am looking up her program where she said this tonite and will post when I find it.

I heard that too. Absolutely unbelievable. I can't imagine that in this day & time that any adult cannot read or write. That is just way too crazy!

Me to...she seems so frighten. But WHY did she do such a stupid stupid thing? And if anyone officer gets hurt or worst she's in big big trouble.
They really got to her, those master mind geniuses. She should have been afraid of those men. I can't believe it. I have been suckered before though so I know how it can be. Haven't you ever bought something and afterwards had no idea how they got you to buy it? Same thing? Kind of? Lets just hope they get these guys today!

"According to a study conducted in late April by the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy, 32 million adults in the U.S. can't read. That's 14 percent of the population. 21 percent of adults in the U.S. read below a 5th grade level, and 19 percent of high school graduates can't read."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/illiteracy-rate_n_3880355.html

TWCNews.com is now back to live updates on this situation, live stream available on the website www.twcnews.com . There is still a roadblock on route 374 and they're still searching/will be searching that same area today, according to the first TWCNews reports of the morning.

She just looks pathetic and scared, I know some of you are gonna yell at me! I feel sad now.

Hubby said the same thing. He said he felt sorry for her. I said rather loudly ARE YOU KIDDING ME? And he said nope- just look at her. Still can't find it in my heart to feel sad for her - but he definitely agrees with you!

Hubby said the same thing. He said he felt sorry for her. I said rather loudly ARE YOU KIDDING ME? And he said nope- just look at her. Still can't find it in my heart to feel sad for her - but he definitely agrees with you!

There but for the grace of God...IMO it would be better to pray for her than scorn.

Too bad, so sad. I don't have a shred of sympathy for her. She made her bed, now she needs to lie in it.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/06/09/escaped-convict-a-marine-vet/28731967/

"Images released of Richard Matt, convicted of killing and dismembering his boss, show that he has the Marine-style tattoo on his right shoulder. The eagle, globe and anchor became the Corps' official emblem in 1955, and Matt's tattoo raised questions about whether he was a veteran. But the Marine Corps has no record of Matt serving, Yvonne Carlock, a spokeswoman with Manpower and Reserve Affairs, told Marine Corps Times."

hm. That's weird.

Why is it weird? He could have gotten a tattoo without being in Marines. Some people like to pretend to be something they are not.

I was too tired to stay up for the arraignment and haven't read all overnight posts. Just a thought:

Could JM's panic attack have been the result of the perps not being where they said they'd be for the getaway? Methinks they decided to dump her in favor of another means of escape. JM might have figured this out and knew she was in deep doo-doo if they were on the run without her help. If that's the case, the perps are long gone. :moo:

Yes, this. I think they duped her and that's when she "panicked." I'm not feeling any sympathy for her. And I fear the escapees are far away. They had to have had a plan that did not include her. She would just be a huge liability.

I'm losing it. My brain immediately began singing "Old Matt Sweaty had a gun, EIEIO, with a patch patch here, and a patch patch there" etc.

:facepalm:

You are amazing GGE!
:loveyou: my fellow :websleuther:
(For your dedication to this case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHWyVFCUwAAIjlV.jpg

CHWyVReUYAEZ-E_.jpg

Jeremy Mathsen ‏@WPTZJeremy 9h9 hours ago

PHOTO: Copy of criminal complaints against prison worker #JoyceMitchell in #Dannemora #NYprisonbreak case. #NNY #NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand