NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;609557788415627265]https://twitter.com/WPTZ/status/609557788415627265?lang=en[/video]

CHWWVFYVAAI0r2d.jpg

WPTZVerified account
‏@WPTZ

Bail for #JoyceMitchell set at $100K. Jail worker accused of helping prisoners escape from #Dannemora.

Lets be honest. This is a complete dog and pony show. The prosecutors are using her to catch a bigger fish or at least intimidate the bigger fish into biting. 2 scenarios for me. Either all her information wasnt completely forthcoming or she had no more useful info to give. I also believe she was a pawn in this and think the escapees knew she wouldnt be able to cut it as a getaway driver. Also starting to think the convicts escape was already prepared for them when they left the cell that night. The cuts on that pipe looked like a professional job to me. Matt and Sweat could be in North Korea by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah as posted way earlier in this thread the cuts looked too good.

At the link above she's in the courtoom now being arraigned live. ( http://www.twcnews.com/nys/binghamton/live-video/watch_twc_news_live.html )

The court is now saying the video camera is not being used right now but it is. oops, LOL.

Defendant charged with 2 things... yadda... defendant's lawyer waives a more detailed reading of the complaints and pleads not guilty to both charges.

This notion has hit me a lot lately since cell phones! IMO, it is kind of a mockery of our justice system. HOw do you tell LE your guilty for a week and then plead not guilty. Its just dumb.

Its the same thing, when someone is recording you robbing a bank on their cell phone and 4 months later you plead not guilty. WIth the cell phone junk, the sytem needs to "revise" itself.

Excuse me sir, is that you holding the gun at the tellers skuill and placing cash in your pocket? Guilty. Sentence. Next case pls....................................................................

Its like the Boston Marathon and James Holmes - a total waste of time and money and outcome is a given silliness IMO

Also starting to think the convicts escape was already prepared for them when they left the cell that night. The cuts on that pipe looked like a professional job to me. Matt and Sweat could be in North Korea by now.

That is exactly what I think. I think Mr Tillie did the cutting, and all the boys did was wake up one night and do a hell of a lot of crawling! It makes no sense that they could be crawling around this massive joint for weeks, and no guard knows anything.

ANd the snitching notions work like for sides--I am sure there were "colleagues", for lack of a better term(!) that would hated these two and would snitch in a minute. That old thing about snitching- you all would be amazed and how often they would come tell us about stuff that was going on , or planned etc etc. Very often!

It has not made sense from the get go- what murderer skill set includes sawing steam pipes- sounds like nothing, but I guarantee us, any of us tried it it would not come out perfect the first time we ever tried taking a saw to some steam pipe !!!

It was done by someone who has played with cutting steel before IMO!

$100k cash means just that. $200k bond means you have to pay a bondsman to post bail (it's a statutory rate in NY amounts to about $15k...but that's the "fee" and it doesn't get returned. And the bondsman can require whatever security he wishes).

$100k cash means just that. $200k bond means you have to pay a bondsman to post bail (it's a statutory rate in NY amounts to about $15k...but that's the "fee" and it doesn't get returned. And the bondsman can require whatever security he wishes).
is it 15k in NY? i went with the standard 10% in my figuring........go figure :D..........thanks for the info :seeya:

Ex-H fell just short of defending her: she's a country girl, from a small town, city men may have tricked her etc

Riiight...she's just a shy, inexperienced country girl. <modsnip>

I think I'm over feeling sorry for her.

Katie Eastman &#8207;@EastmanTWCNews 6m6 minutes ago

Arraignment papers say Mitchell introduced "hacksaw blades, chisels, a punch and a screwdriver bit" into Clinton Correctional Facility

Katie Eastman &#8207;@EastmanTWCNews 26m26 minutes ago

Mitchell's attorney agrees to let video camera roll

https://twitter.com/eastmantwcnews

oh my goodness "hacksaw blades" , lets all visualize using a hack saw on the steam pipe---good lord - how long would that take?

Keshia Clukey retweeted
R&#618;&#7428;&#7435; R&#7439;&#7434;&#7424;s &#8207;@RaR 2m2 minutes ago

Court officers were already home when they were called in to come to the city courtroom, rather than the usual courthouse downtown

see how much trouble tillie is? and you felt sorry for her? :facepalm:

I just don't comprehend WHY this gal talked so much, for so many days... without an attorney present. Knowing she did wrong... did not one family member or friend tell her early on .. you really should think about getting a lawyer? She COULD have said I want immunity and then I'll talk.. SMH... Just don't understand what made her gums flap for soooo many days... SMH:dunno:

I just can't help but shake the feeling that these guys are long out of that area. I have been on vacation to that part of upstate and IMO it would be very hard to survive 7 days in the woods unless you are a highly skilled survivalist or an Army Special Forces commando - which neither of these guys are.

I would be very, very surprised if they are still in the area. I tend to think that if they were they would have done something dumb and gotten caught by now. As another poster stated, I think these searches are more to reassure local residents. The real searching is being done behind the scenes by US Marshals. They would have had to have food, water, a dry place to sleep (there has been rain on and off over the past few days), etc .... or they would have had to steal supplies which would have attracted attention and we would have confirmed sightings.

EDIT: one final thought, dident one of the fugitives (I believe it is Richard Matt) have ties to a Mexican drug cartel? Could they have been involved with helping them break out? Perhaps Joyce Mitchell was just a patsy?

I figured they'd come here to Baltimore, since the police aren't making arrests anymore...
I don't exactly feel sorry for her, I can't help but wonder how she thought this was all going to turn out, like all three of them on a beach on a secluded island somewhere? How's she going to feel when they kill a family for food and a car?

I just can't help but shake the feeling that these guys are long out of that area. I have been on vacation to that part of upstate and IMO it would be very hard to survive 7 days in the woods unless you are a highly skilled survivalist or an Army Special Forces commando - which neither of these guys are.

I would be very, very surprised if they are still in the area. I tend to think that if they were they would have done something dumb and gotten caught by now. As another poster stated, I think these searches are more to reassure local residents. The real searching is being done behind the scenes by US Marshals.

I'm beginning to think the same thing. It just seems if they were still in the area they would have been captured by now. I don't believe they have the type of skills needed to have evaded police for this long if they were still close by.

I just don't comprehend WHY this gal talked so much, for so many days... without an attorney present. Knowing she did wrong... did not one family member or friend tell her early on .. you really should think about getting a lawyer? She COULD have said I want immunity and then I'll talk.. SMH... Just don't understand what made her gums flap for soooo many days... SMH:dunno:

yeh its just bizairre!

Lawyers on Fox said the prosecutor was going very easy on her. If these guys kill someone she could be in a lot more trouble.

I would be very, very surprised if they are still in the area. I tend to think that if they were they would have done something dumb and gotten caught by now. As another poster stated, I think these searches are more to reassure local residents. The real searching is being done behind the scenes by US Marshals. They would have had to have food, water, a dry place to sleep (there has been rain on and off over the past few days), etc .... or they would have had to steal supplies which would have attracted attention and we would have confirmed sightings.

Last year, the guy who shot the PA state trooper hid out in the forest for a month. Supposedly he knew the area and had hidden stashes. It's been raining a lot, so there's no shortage of water and I heard there are apple trees.

Somebody supplied them with a car and a cell phone and money.

I believe they are long gone.

Hope I'm wrong because I would love to see them dirty and bitten and defeated.

I'm surprised there weren't defense attorneys coming out of the woodwork to defend her pro bono for the publicity. Isn't that what usually happens in these high profile cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand