NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so the good people of NY and other states are terrified.
Other innocents may get hurt or die before his is all over.
It costs 1 million a day for the search
JMOO, cheaper to have put these 2 killers to death the first time.
Now when and if captured future trials for these 2 plus JM and others..............
If someone is a danger to others as these are...........come on people, vote death. JMOO

snipped

Its not like thro everyone in their cell for 36 hours!

Oh and, I'm pretty sure that prison has been on lock down and will continue to be on lock down for a while, same for facility wide search.

The Plattsburgh Press Republican reported that two guard towers at Clinton were unmanned because of cutbacks.

The IG's investigation is separate from the criminal investigation that ensnared Mitchell not long after Matt and Sweat busted out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=KOrtiz

Yeah, part of Cuomo's cuts.

Jeez, wonder if he'll be still taking his daughters to the North Country for their yearly summer vaca, if the scumbags are still on the lam. hmmm.

Where the hole is in the cell wall supposedly this is where an air vent is located. I'd love to see a pic of the vent on and off. Maybe once they removed the vent they were able to use just a hacksaw blade and not a power tool to create the opening or maybe they were able to cut the vent off and that hole is what's behind the vent. To me this makes more sense then using a power tool inside two cells.

I asked some guys about this. They said if it is cast iron, all you do is score it and hit and it falls right out. Cast iron is brittle, they told me. Don't know if anything was cast iron though

I asked some guys about this. They said if it is cast iron, all you do is score it and hit and it falls right out. Cast iron is brittle, they told me. Don't know if anything was cast iron though

I was wondering if the steam pipe was cast iron because if it was I think they could have put a hole in it with a sledge hammer instead of cutting it, but that would not have helped them with the exit hole needed from inside of the pipe.

You could be right but I am sticking with the opinion that they found a small house or cabin in the woods and are just holed up until the heat dies down. Time is on their side and I think they are watching TV in someone's remote woods cabin or small house and laughing their butts off.

I think they are right there still and its going to be weeks before they make a move.

Now if the owners of the cabin decide to take a vacation there, then they may have to move earlier. I just hope they havent tied up people yet.

I agree

So if they have been practicing this escape for weeks, I'm guessing they used stuffed dummies in their bed each night while they were in the bowels of the building. In all that time, the guards didn't ever notice there weren't breathing bodies in the beds? I guess they weren't checking too closely.

Why not send out those Political talking heads to do a search in those nasty conditions. Things might change quickly.

I am just guessing here, but I am betting that the prison is on "lockdown" or "restricted movement" and to be honest, Most times when this kind of thing happens, ALL prisons statewide (male and female) lockdown. With them being under the microscope right now, I would be shocked if they were not doing a facility wide shakedown, day by day.

Also people were curious as to why the dummies (sweat clothing) was not detected. During Standing Count, you must see living/breathing body...but during your rounds/walk throughs, you don't, you just must do a brief visual inspection to see that the appropriate number are in their beds...I could have made that same mistake. Now if you see something "off" then you would flash a flashlight to inspect a sleeping inmate further, or if someone was not in their bunk, then you would go in to check bathroom area after telling "Master Control" you were entering. IMHO

Also people were curious as to why the dummies (sweat clothing) was not detected. During Standing Count, you must see living/breathing body...but during your rounds/walk throughs, you don't, you just must do a brief visual inspection to see that the appropriate number are in their beds...I could have made that same mistake. Now if you see something "off" then you would flash a flashlight to inspect a sleeping inmate further, or if someone was not in their bunk, then you would go in to check bathroom area after telling "Master Control" you were entering. IMHO

Thanks for the info. For some reason, I was thinking that they were required to see living/breathing bodies during the nightly checks too.

Thanks for the info. For some reason, I was thinking that they were required to see living/breathing bodies during the nightly checks too.

In both Prisons I worked at we had four standing counts daily...when you are talking about the last standing count of the night, unless it was a Friday or Saturday night, they would all be in lockdown for the night by the Ten PM count, and yes some would be sleeping but they had to wave at us or show us their faces etc. After that we made rounds cell by cell, then would walk the kitchen, hallways, Atrium, Gym, Maintenance and so on. Then back to rounds again. We would get tricky though because you never want them to know when your coming, so you might do a round and then turn around and go straight into another round of the same wing, its a cat and mouse game to be honest...:( They have 24 hours a day to watch you and try and learn you, you have no time to learn them essentially, so....they do have the upper hand when it comes to learning your traits. You MUST not ever stay to a routine. I cannot say I would have caught them if they did this in a night or two, but someone should have caught them with that hole in their wall. And apparently it was in two different cells, just unreal. We did cell inspections daily, that is not the same as a shakedown, we would go in and inspect the room. Look in their lockers, check the toilet, the drain and so on, pull out their plastic liner in the garbage and look under it...(great hiding spot). I just find it so hard to fathom that hole was there for a month, I truly hope it comes out it was not there but for a couple of days...IMHO

In both Prisons I worked at we had four standing counts daily...

In the prisons you worked in, did either have a hole in the back wall where you could eyeball them from the catwalk behind the cells if you thought they were up to no good?

hello friends :seeya:

buzzing by to drop off a few tweets.....please read from the bottom of the post up.......

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 50m50 minutes ago

Sheriff Favro: Mitchell was wearing bulletproof vest as precaution due to high profile nature of case. She remains in County jail for now
1 retweet 0 favorites
Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 55m55 minutes ago

Helicopter just flew over. Broke up the silence a bit #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 0 favorites
Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 58m58 minutes ago

Note: Joyce Mitchell's maiden name is Clookey. Similar pronunciation but not related. Thank you for the emails though!
0 retweets 1 favorite

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 60m60 minutes ago

Police still have a presence on Route 3, but it definitely looks more relaxed than the previous week #PrisonBreakNY
Retweets
Favorite
Paul Vedier
Dr. L. M. Ponte
Times Union
10:42 AM - 15 Jun 2015 · Details

Jeff Anderson ‏@jeffa_ 59m59 minutes ago

@KClukey_TU Is that good, or bad ?
0 retweets 1 favorite

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 2h2 hours ago

Peru Jr./Sr. High was in lockdown at one point but not related to #manhuntny http://www.perucsd.org/site/default.aspx?DomainID=4 …
0 retweets 0 favorites
Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 2h2 hours ago

I keep hearing rumors that Peru schools are on lockdown. I have called them, they are not on lockdown, all is well. #PrisonBreakNY

dedamwriter ‏@KimDedam 3h3 hours ago

Federal warrant issued, but Sweat and Matt #PrisonBreakNY aren't listed yet as #mostwanted by U.S. Marshals or FBI in top 10. #comingsoon

Retweet
Favorite
Hope
Felicia Krieg

8:43 AM - 15 Jun 2015 · Details

Kudos to those of you who have worked in Prison's. Great to have the insight. Must be a surreal experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper