NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Factual info about the park for those interested.

http://www.adirondack.net/history/foreverwild.asp

The Adirondack Park is the largest publicly protected area throughout the entire United States. More than 2.5 million acres of land in the Adirondack Park has been protected by New York State since 1892, creating a "forever wild" region of natural splendor and rich wildlife habitat in the Adirondack Mountains. An additional 3.4 million acres of the park is privately owned land, playing host to residential neighborhoods, agriculture, campgounds, recreational activity and forestry.

"Forever Wild" is what makes this park so amazing and this search so excruciatingly difficult.

As far as the smuggling of weapons inside the meat (can't believe I am typing that), how does one go about buying said meat package, inserting weapons into it and covering it up again so that it looks like you just got it from the store? Was Tillie just bringing in Ziploc baggies of frozen meat? Cause, surely, nothing could be smuggled in in Ziplocs....

I think Tillie would have done well in the hospitality field. She sure is a people pleaser!

The correction officers jobs are boring - it is walking people from the dining room, to the rec room, back to their cells. It is unlocking and counting- its ripe for enticement- its not a rewarding job. Its dangeroues - I never felt scared after the first couple of weeks , if they attacked a clinician or admin person they get time added on peroid.

I always thought well thats good - but why if you attact a correction officer is it different. I learned. We were all trained , one of my guys was beat up by a correction officer - bad (I had him fired the next day) broke my heart - he knocked his eye out of his skull. I came in on a Sat to do paperwork and everyone ran up to me and told me Michael was in seclsuion- I will never forget, for as long as I live, when he heard my voice he rolled over on the bed - his eye was gross.

NOt ok - the correction officer had no right to assualt one of my guys - it was horrible- the stories I lived - correction officers are McDonalds workers that earn more than the whopper flippers sorry that was my experinece- often inappropriate, ready to pounce as opposed to deescalate, engage inpower and control stuff - just not an educated group of folks..........

a third of the time the correction folks were more a worry to us than the guys themselves

They all made bad choices , but if you repsect them where they are today, most of the time they will give you the same back, it sounds odd, i know, but most of em were neat troubled pained folks who did very bad behaviors

An extremely enlightening post! Thank you!

As far as the smuggling of weapons inside the meat (can't believe I am typing that), how does one go about buying said meat package, inserting weapons into it and covering it up again so that it looks like you just got it from the store? Was Tillie just bringing in Ziploc baggies of frozen meat? Cause, surely, nothing could be smuggled in in Ziplocs....

I think Tillie would have done well in the hospitality field. She sure is a people pleaser!

i also wondered about the concealing of weapons in meat. A hacksaw blade has to be at least 10" in length (enter funny comment about Matt's tool here). How do you cover that with ground beef without someone noticing unless she was bringing them huge 5 pound tubes of meat? (Ok, there is no way to discuss this without laughing)

i also wondered about the concealing of weapons in meat. A hacksaw blade has to be at least 10" in length (enter funny comment about Matt's tool here). How do you cover that with ground beef without someone noticing unless she was bringing them huge 5 pound tubes of meat? (Ok, there is no way to discuss this without laughing)

At least she was smuggling the tools in the frozen meat.... rather than Matt smuggling them in the meaty tool. :scared:
(See, there IS a way this could have been worse!) :thinking:

Funny little rascal puppy being nutsola on the bed - half fell off you should have seen her eyes as she tried to regroup funny!

OT I'm so happy for you!

Ok just got home trying to catch up.

CNN (EST) is replaying "The Great Prison Escape" right now. :jail:

For anyone familiar with Canadian crossings...

Are there not any areas to cross into Canada from New York that are unguarded? Like just woods and wilderness? I don't know...never been up there. My only time in Canada was crossing into Windsor from Detroit years ago.

Thanks for the article st. crispian. This quote jumped out at me: "Based on the academic literature, it’s not entirely implausible that they really were looking forward to running off with her, that they felt heartbroken when she didn’t appear after they emerged from that Dannemora manhole more than two weeks ago."/end

Is the author serious? How delusional!

There are miles and miles of places to cross into Canada that are unguarded. How could you possibly guard that many miles?
In some places there are light sensors, and other places they have fences. In some areas you can literally walk though someone's back yard to be in another country. Having said that, you still have to deal with Local police, provincial police and mounted police. A lot of people cross illegally in the St Lawrence River by boat that is patrolled pretty rigorously.
Eighty per cent of Canadians live within 100 miles of the border as well so not an easy entry. This part of Canada at the Quebec/Ontario border is very rural, much like where they are right now, just not as many hills and open Parks.
I think it would be a crap shoot going into Canada as you are dealing with a lot of unknowns. The upside would be leaving the border area, and moving to the north which is more rural than Adirondacks.
If these guys are in Mountain view area they will not last long on the run in the wild, no food, no fires, weather etc. all they can do is hide in cabins or hijack a car. I really want to believe they are still in the woods and its just a matter of time before they come up for air out of desperation.

They might have felt heartbroken because she didn't show up with her car. Now they are stuck in the area.

I wonder if Tillie baked her buns for the burgers? it was said she had hot buns but I don't want to mince words.

Factual info about the park for those interested.

http://www.adirondack.net/history/foreverwild.asp

"Forever Wild" is what makes this park so amazing and this search so excruciatingly difficult.

#DickSweat may have taught her that. Some more things I learned from a couple of prior inmates:
1. My husband liked french vanilla coffee creamer. But only the original flavor was allowed to be sent to him in packages. He explained to me that most inmates got around this by having the sender peel off the seal on the original flavor very carefully, swap the creamer powders and then use a hot glue gun to re-seal the container. This method was also used on boxes of cereal. It was often times used to smuggle drugs in a package.
2. Some fresh fruit was allowed in packages. Certain inmates supposedly were receiving bags of oranges. The sender would use a needle in a syringe to painstakingly drain out the orange juice and then re-inject the orange with Vodka.
3. Drugs were also being smuggled in the spines of magazines and books.
4. I paid $125 to another inmates commisary to pay for him to give my husband a tattoo. The tattoo artist's wife smuggled the tattoo ink on visits.
Remember, things that seem crazy or impossible to us, may look different to someone who has nothing but time to come up with these ideas to get around some of the rules. :jail:

There are miles and miles of places to cross into Canada that are unguarded. How could you possibly guard that many miles?
In some places there are light sensors, and other places they have fences. In some areas you can literally walk though someone's back yard to be in another country. Having said that, you still have to deal with Local police, provincial police and mounted police. A lot of people cross illegally in the St Lawrence River by boat that is patrolled pretty rigorously.
Eighty per cent of Canadians live within 100 miles of the border as well so not an easy entry. This part of Canada at the Quebec/Ontario border is very rural, much like where they are right now, just not as many hills and open Parks.
I think it would be a crap shoot going into Canada as you are dealing with a lot of unknowns. The upside would be leaving the border area, and moving to the north which is more rural than Adirondacks.
If these guys are in Mountain view area they will not last long on the run in the wild, no food, no fires, weather etc. all they can do is hide in cabins or hijack a car. I really want to believe they are still in the woods and its just a matter of time before they come up for air out of desperation.

Well, that explains it then - not such a good idea. Thank you

<rsbm>

http://www.24news.ca/the-news/canad...surveillance-fence-along-the-canada-us-border

RCMP reveals details of its $92-million plan to erect a 700-kilometre surveillance fence along the Canada-U.S. border

Above is just for a matter of interest. Unfortunately this 700 km project (Quebec-Maine through Oakville, Ontario) isn't scheduled for completion until 2018. The good news is, that in this particular case, Canadian officials will be fully aware of the potential for these escapees to try running the border in a secluded area, so I'm pretty sure that CBSA security will be heightened with the existing technology and manpower. Combine that with US drones, and there's a good chance these guys won't make it across.

Lets just call this a rumor because I can't remember where I read it, but today I came across an article saying that a co from the prison was apart of the lease along with others cos from the area. If anyone could help find this article thatd be great I glanced over it on my way to work, where I am now. I'll search for it before I go to bed in the am. This really could be a very interesting development if true. I honestly hope it isn't just due to the possible implications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member