NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed from State Police media rep: (VSP = Vermont State Police)

Staci DaSilva ‏@StaciDaSilva 16m16 minutes ago

VSP caravan on their way out of northern NY, officially pulling out of manhunt to find David Sweat #PrisonBreakNY pic.twitter.com/wZYmrqy3Rs

but what if he was never in it? That's what I want to know from them.

I think they're pretty sure they were together. Last night it was reported that there were two sets of footprints and it was also reported that LE heard someone running through the woods when they encountered Matt.

I also think whatever it was that was dropped (that Major Guess referred to during the noon press conference) was vital to them. (I think it was a cell phone with GPS, but it could have been maps.) I guess they could have each had one of whatever it was, but I tend to think not for some reason. I think they were together until Matt coughed. JMO

"The New York State Police continue to search for escaped prisoner David Sweat. Saturday's search efforts are focused on a 22 square mile perimeter along State Route 30 between County Route 41 in the Town of Malone and County Route 26 in the Town of Duane.
Tactical, K9 and aviation units from the involved agencies have been conducting searches within the perimeter in effort to locate the suspect.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...te-ny-state-police-manhunt-briefing/29397355/

Someone said they were searching the square mileage of Syracuse, like finding a needle in a haystack.
<snipped for focus>

Careful... people will start saying that they are searching for him in Syracuse now! That's how internet rumors get started :eek:

They do have Matt's footwear now, so they can compare prints and maybe know what shoes Sweat was wearing. JMO

They do have Matt's footwear now, so they can compare prints and maybe know what shoes Sweat was wearing. JMO

Cady- you make such a great point. They can likely still learn from RM- what did he have in his possession, what kind of condition was he in, what was he wearing. Any findings can give insight they did not have previously. Get him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the question is where did the find 2 sets of footprints they were 'following' "Searchers had at times followed two sets of footprints, but when they gunned Matt down, there was no sign of Sweat nearby." snipped from Cnn
Just a postulation here on the two footprints scenario...Is it crazy to think that maybe Matt had followed someone else's footprints out there hoping it would lead him somewhere? Maybe someone from another cabin who finally got wind of the news and decided it was time to hike out, as it seems some cabin owners would and do have to hike in and out of their cabins. As far as hearing running the woods, honestly yes it could have been Sweat, or a deer, a squirrel, another LE nearby. In the hieghtened state everyone would be in at the moment there is no definite way to know the difference. I've spent alot of time in the woods and know that even alone, or with a partner, I've mistaken animals running for people nearby. Especially when I though someone should be or knew someone was nearby. I also agree to GGE about the splitting up that early on possibility, seeing as how I can't find anyone saying that there was 100% conclusive evidence they were together after that though if anyone does have a link to that I'd be happy to see it and change my opinion. It's also still entirely possible they split up later. I'd also be interested to see a map of presumed travel patterns with additional markings for evidence locations, where Matt was killed, and the etching in the woods along with the binghamton graffitti. Have we seen the etching in the woods yet? Someone said a link was posted, but the only link i saw was for Binghamton and they aren't the same thing, correct? Just would like to see a map of those things because it would help tell the story of if they could have been together where the etching and evidence was found and then also have both traveled to the location where Matt was put to rest. It could help conclude whether they were split up by that point or not

The standoff ended exactly how Matt wanted it to. He didn't comply with LE's command to surrender because he was not going to allow them to take him back into custody alive.

The prosecutor who successfully convicted Richard Matt of murder seven years ago says the tension he felt after the escape eased when he learned the convict had been killed.

Louis Haremski of Akron, the former special prosecutor, told the Press-Republican on Saturday that Matt swore back then that if he escaped he wouldn't be taken alive.

[...]

“I wasn’t surprised he’d been killed,” Haremski said. “I felt relieved. It’s unfortunate that it ended that way.”

[...]

Courthouse security during Matt’s trial in Niagara County Court was extremely heavy, Haremski said.

“The Niagara County sheriff received a tip from one of the other inmates that Matt was planning an escape.

Matt told one of the other prisoners that if anybody interfered with him he would ‘gut a cop’ and not be taken alive.”
http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...78b-3d93-506e-9a1f-217df90d2cb3.html?mode=jqm

I imagine the dehydration is being compounded by diarrhea from drinking unsafe water. (Prob what was going on with Matt too.) Also I heard on CNN that it was Matt's birthday the day before the grape gin was found. Guess he celebrated. Stay safe out there LE!

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 18m18 minutes ago

Sorry, blame my typos on 3 hours of sleep please. Residents are allowed in homes, but at night most likely told to stay inside

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 17m17 minutes ago

Residents are hoping this is the calm before the storm and Sweat is caught tonight #prisonbreakny

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 20s20 seconds ago

Mulverhill said they'll keep a hard perimeter tonight and keep some officers inside with listening, movement detection technology
0 retweets 0 favorites

ABC News &#8207;@ABC 3m3 minutes ago

1,200 officers searching for convicted killer David Sweat: http://abcn.ws/1Hn8U0Z
View summary
6 retweets 4 favorites

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 18m18 minutes ago

Sorry, blame my typos on 3 hours of sleep please. Residents are allowed in homes, but at night most likely told to stay inside

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 17m17 minutes ago

Residents are hoping this is the calm before the storm and Sweat is caught tonight #prisonbreakny

I wouldnt want in my home unless cops standing outside. lol

@FeliciaKrieg: State Police PIO's phone now going straight to voicemail. Doesn't look like anything official will be released any time soon #PrisonBreakNY
[video=twitter;614923879371378688]https://twitter.com/feliciakrieg/status/614923879371378688[/video]

I read on a twitter post that something of interest was found w/Matt, possibly a phone. That would certainly give LE a leg up on who they may have been contacting. I also saw a tweet where CNN is calling people out for rooting for escapees. Seriously!?! "Miss Blogger &#8207;@MissLove2Blog 32m32 minutes ago

CNN calling out people for rooting for the prison breakers #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 1 favorite"

Phillip Tarsia, Deputy Tarsia's father, holding his son's portrait. Deputy Tarsia was murdered by David Sweat.

CHt7ImWVEAANsXQ.jpg

Let's give this family closure once and for all. :please:

can't believe we're heading into another night with him still on the loose ...

Just saw this on twitter: "Wing&PrayerPictures &#8207;@WingNPrayerPics 6m6 minutes ago

#prisonbreakny SP aviation UHF says they are moving at something out of the perimeter."

PS Am I allowed to cut and paste from twitter? Thanks

Good evening all! We started watching Prison Break this afternoon and the similarities are uncanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ