NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth has posted some stuff on twitter and FB and people are not happy with her!

See what ole Tillie caused by not showing up?? Her boy was drunk and sick when he died...what a way to go.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...d-sweat-continues-to-elude-searchers-20150627

ew. barf alert - you've all been warned: (from above link) -

"When he was gunned down Friday afternoon, Matt, the two-time murderer who grew up in the City of Tonawanda, was sick and drunk.

It also looked like he had been outdoors for a long time, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation into the prison escape.

The indication that he was sick came Wednesday night, as an army of federal, state and local law enforcement officers went door to door at homes and camps around Owls Head and Malone. A burglary of a cabin on Route 41 was reported.

That is where police found soiled underwear, the source told The Buffalo News, and a DNA test showed they belonged to Matt. The underwear also told investigators that Matt was ill, possibly from having consumed spoiled food or bad water.

And police believe Matt was intoxicated when he was killed."

I hope this wasn't posted yet, I've been trying to keep up!

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...d-sweat-continues-to-elude-searchers-20150627

He was probably miserable.

When he was gunned down Friday afternoon, Matt, the two-time murderer who grew up in the City of Tonawanda, was sick and drunk.

It also looked like he had been outdoors for a long time, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation into the prison escape.

The indication that he was sick came Wednesday night, as an army of federal, state and local law enforcement officers went door to door at homes and camps around Owls Head and Malone. A burglary of a cabin on Route 41 was reported.

That is where police found soiled underwear, the source told The Buffalo News, and a DNA test showed they belonged to Matt. The underwear also told investigators that Matt was ill, possibly from having consumed spoiled food or bad water.

And police believe Matt was intoxicated when he was killed.

from above link - the cabins cleared up -

"Malone Town Supervisor Howard F. Maneely said Saturday that his nephew, Robert Willett, owns the camp.

“He went in there Wednesday to check on things and it was all OK,” Maneely said.

But his nephew’s son discovered a far different situation when he returned Friday morning.

“The camp had been broken into and there were booze bottles on the table,” the supervisor said. “That’s when he got hold of the authorities.”

There was a half empty bottle of gin and other bottles on the table, a law enforcement source said.

Maneely described the camp as typical of those in the area, used mostly during the fall deer season and summertime family picnics. It features a kitchen, lounge area and three small bedrooms.

Finding Matt

Several hours later, a man who hauling a camper on a trailer through Route 30 reported that someone had fired a shot at his camper while he was driving. At first, he thought it was a flat tire. He got out and checked it, found nothing, and drove another eight miles before finding the bullet hole.

State police went to investigate and traced the path back eight miles, where they found another camp that had broken into. Inside, they smelled gunpowder."

<snip>

"...the first of four cabins where police believe the two had taken shelter."

Sorry one more quote from that wonderful Buffalo News article -

"From his clothes and appearance, it looked like he had not bathed in a long time and had spent a great deal of time in the outdoors, a law enforcement source told The News.

The tactical team challenged Matt, who did not give up his weapon. He did not say anything before he was shot, the source said. He did not fire his weapon.

A strong odor of alcohol emanated from Matt’s body, the law enforcement source said."

<snip>

"Saturday night, investigators were waiting for results on DNA tests on items recovered from the cabin where the gunpowder was smelled to determine whether Sweat was there."

Also from the link we've all reported above: "The News incorrectly reported Saturday that DNA from Sweat had been found Wednesday in the cabin on Route 41 where the underwear was found.

And there have been no confirmed sightings of Sweat.

So it is possible the two parted ways days ago &#8211; possibly even a week.

Saturday night, investigators were waiting for results on DNA tests on items recovered from the cabin where the gunpowder was smelled to determine whether Sweat was there."

Is this some great revelation that he had not bathed recently and had spent a lot of time outdoors? I mean...eerrrrrr...duh???

The media just sucks these days.

Is this some great revelation that he had not bathed recently and had spent a lot of time outdoors? I mean...eerrrrrr...duh???

The media just sucks these days.

Some were speculating they'd been staying in the first cabin most of the time since they escaped and hadn't been in the outdoors all that much, so I guess this helps to verify they haven't spent that much time indoors after all. JMO

Some were speculating they'd been staying in the first cabin most of the time since they escaped and hadn't been in the outdoors all that much, so I guess this helps to verify they haven't spent that much time indoors after all. JMO

OK. I have never thought they stayed anywhere for any length of time.

See what ole Tillie caused by not showing up?? Her boy was drunk and sick when he died...what a way to go.

That was a good article to clear up a few things...

-- The underwear that was found belonged to Matt. Soiled underwear....ewwwww. Possibly from food poisoning or drinking bad water.

-- The article mentions his clothes and appearance at the time Matt was shot. I take that to mean he was NOT wearing fatigues; I thought earlier he might have stolen some from one of the cabins to serve as camouflage in the woods.

-- No proof of Sweat's presence in the area since last Saturday. If that article is correct, then that means only Matt was seen by the trail camera on Wednesday of this week. I thought both inmates were seen by the camera.

With it turning night now and rain on the way, I suspect Sweat is holed up in another cabin or a cavern to ride out the storm, IF he is still in the area...and IF he is still alive.

S might not even know that M is dead.............
Hopefully S drank or ate the same food & water as M
and is sick also!!
That will slow him down big time...............JMOO

"“In the time I spent in prison in Mexico, I was tortured, starved and beaten many times to say the least, just because I was an American,” Matt said in a handwritten note he sent to a Niagara County judge in 2008. “I was hung from a wooden beam by my hands & razor cut over 90 times & beaten until I passed out. I have all of the scars to prove it.”

In his eight-page handwritten letter to Judge Sara Sheldon, Matt also complained that Mexican authorities wrongly convicted him of murdering Perrault. He told Sheldon he was acting in self-defense after Perrault came at him with a knife in the men’s room of the strip club.

Matt said he never got a chance to contest the murder charge before he was convicted of murdering Perrault and sentenced to 23 years in Mexican prison.

“I never seen a court room. I never seen a judge. I was given an attorney who I seen one time and he only spoke Spanish. I did not speak Spanish at the time,” Matt wrote. “I received a 23-year sentence by mail in Spanish from a judge who I never seen or talked to before in my life.”

Matt also claimed that Mexican authorities released him from prison after he served less than nine years because they realized Matt was innocent. Matt claimed that the “president” of Mexico initiated an investigation into his murder conviction at the request of a guard who befriended Matt at the Mexican prison."

<snip>

"Gabe DiBernardo, the retired North Tonawanda detective chief who headed the probe into the Rickerson murder, said his department learned from authorities in Texas that Matt was abused – by fellow prisoners and guards – in the Mexican prison system.

“By talking to people in Texas law enforcement, my guys learned that Rick Matt was burned with cigarettes. We learned that Matt had alleged that, at one point, the Mexican guards held him down on a table while someone tattooed ‘Mexico Forever’ in big letters on his back,” DiBernardo said. “It was our understanding that they don’t like Americans down there in the prison where he was held. From everything we heard, we do believe he was abused down there.”

Matt did have a “Mexico Forever” tattoo on his back, and also numerous scars on his body, State Police said."

<snip>

"Although he believes Matt was tortured in Mexico, DiBernardo said he still considers Matt the most genuinely evil criminal he ever investigated in 38 years of police work. "

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...as-beaten-tortured-in-mexican-prison-20150626

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper