NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If employees within the correctional facility are or can be corrupted by cons,

then additional hiring and more manpower as well as added technology will Not prevent an escape

State budget cuts no excuse, nor the cause of this escape MOO

Amen. I cannot get over the fact that a cop killer was chosen as a leader among inmates. When this lapse in thinking finally materialized, guess who has to clean it all back up... how ironic. If I were having to hunt him down right now I would be PISSED and I am sure they are!

A thought.. for whatever reason, Matt drank as soon as he got out basically. Maybe he was a drinker on the outside? I don't know.

But I"m just thinking, was Sweat into anything on the outside? I know he was on Rx painkillers in prison, so on the outside would he be trying to get something like that? If he somehow got his hands on something, maybe he'd overdo like Matt and OD out there or something.

Just musing aloud.

I thought I read he was from Vermont but he could have originated from the great state of Texas where i was born and raised LOl and they always shoot 1st and usually never ask any questions lol

on CNN Jean Casarez says Cuomo told Poppy Harlow in an interview that both of the guys' DNA was on a water bottle, but that they don't know whether Sweat had used it days earlier and then Matt drank from it too, or if they both were there the same day.

But that wasn't "food" and I know someone above posted a link that said DNA was found on food near where Matt was shot, right? I'll go back and look.

I thought I read he was from Vermont but he could have originated from the great state of Texas where i was born and raised LOl and they always shoot 1st and usually never ask any questions lol

They got this border control thing DOWN.

I'm going to go with the Coroner. He tells quite a different story about the condition of Matt's body:

1:20 p.m. A coroner who examined the body of an escaped killer says he had been eating and drinking during his time on the run, was fittingly dressed for the outdoors and largely unassailed by the swarms of bugs present in the woods where he was shot and killed.

Franklin County Coroner Brian Langdon said Sunday that Richard Matt was in good physical shape until his fatal confrontation with authorities.

<snip>

Langdon says Matt&#8217;s body was clean and he may have even showered and shaved in the time since his escape
from the Clinton Correctional Facility on June 6.

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_0bd6e5f2-1c47-11e5-ad24-8704fd616c77.html

Willett is on CNN now and he's telling her that binoculars were missing and "two pair.. uh.. maybe two pairs of boots. one anyway."

ETA he says "they know Matt was in there (his cabin), they don't know about Sweat" ... "they went in there and uh they dusted everything".

If that was the condition of Matt's body according to the Coroner, not the hype being reported, then I can only imagine that Sweat being much younger, prob more athletic, prob healthier than Matt and a better planner, Sweat has been in even better condition.

But, yeah, his time is running out.

CNN saying it's important to remember the toxicology report isn't back yet so nobody can definitively say if he was sick or drunk yet.

Probably a good point IMO.

28 June 2015
UPDATE: Autopsy results released for Richard Matt

NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Charles E. Guess
Troop B Commander

PRESS RELEASE

On June 27, 2015, an autopsy was conducted on the remains of Richard Matt at Albany Medical Center.

Dr. Michael Sikirica determined the cause of death to be severe skull fractures and brain injuries due to gunshot wounds to the head.

An examination of the body revealed bug bites on the lower extremities, blisters, and minor abrasions consistent with living in the woods for three weeks.

A preliminary investigation revealed a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Tactical Unit member discharged several rounds from a semi-automatic weapon striking Matt in the head three times.

Toxicology results are pending.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=46384&

And the other part- he'd showered, shaved, and hadn't gone hungry. Food poisoning was probably from eating expired canned food they found in a cabin.

Taking the time to shave is pretty telling, IMO. Sure doesn't describe men desperate, hungry, stumbling through the woods being chased by LE close behind.

Sounds more like men who had it pretty cozy up til the time they were discovered accidentally at that Owl's Head cabin leased by Clinton CO's.

ETA: It's probably more satisfying to believe they were in bad shape and having a terrible time of it, but the more folks believe that the less reason there is to demand a real investigation with real findings about who else helped them escape and stay concealed for all that time. 'Cause it defies common sense to believe Tillie or even Tillie plus Palmer were the only ones involved.

At the risk of repeating myself...Where WERE they between June 6 and June 20? Maybe cozy somewhere. Did they really spend almost 2 weeks in the Owls Head cabin without being noticed? JMO

And the other part- he'd showered, shaved, and hadn't gone hungry. Food poisoning was probably from eating expired canned food they found in a cabin.

Taking the time to shave is pretty telling, IMO. Sure doesn't describe men desperate, hungry, stumbling through the woods being chased by LE close behind.

Sounds more like men who had it pretty cozy up til the time they were discovered accidentally at that Owl's Head cabin leased by Clinton CO's.

Even the report on the autopsy quoted states the insect bites were on Matt's lower legs: My entire body has been covered by insect bites when in less wilderness areas. He had blisters: I've had them too, with new shoes and without tracking through miles & miles of wilderness. Matt had mild abrasions: well, no surprise he would have a few.

^^All this does not indicate to me that Matt has spent most of the three weeks living outside in that kind of wilderness!!

At the risk of repeating myself...Where WERE they between June 6 and June 20? Maybe cozy somewhere. Did they really spend almost 2 weeks in the Owls Head cabin without being noticed? JMO

Totally possible. Turkey hunting ended end of May. No (innocent) reason for Clinton CO's to go to the cabin, except to check it was secure. Which they didn't. Sheer luck that a CO (not from Clinton) from a nearby cabin investigated, IMO.

[video=twitter;615242131133865986]https://twitter.com/hrarnold08/status/615242131133865986[/video]

[video=twitter;615242655417675776]https://twitter.com/rachelwptz/status/615242655417675776[/video]

I think three shots to the head was serious over kill! I'm hoping they take S alive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they want him dead.... there's probably a lot ghosts in the closet going way back. IMHO

they want their pay raises.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I disagree. I think LE is trained to shoot to kill, not injure, & 3 shots should have accomplished just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654