GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe family can ALSO request for the page to be memorialized.

Let's hope that is the case as that doesn't seem hinky (except he hasn't been found yet).

My heart goes out to his family and friends. I notice some of his friends posted on SM and I can tell they liked him and want this case solved.

According to the Facebook Help Center.....

What will happen to my account if I pass away?
You can tell us in advance whether you’d like to have your account memorialized or permanently deleted from Facebook.

Memorialized Accounts

Memorialized accounts are a place for friends and family to gather and share memories after a person has passed away. Memorialized accounts have the following key features:

The word Remembering will be shown next to the person's name on their profile
Depending on the privacy settings of the account, friends can share memories on the memorialized Timeline
Content the person shared (ex: photos, posts) stays on Facebook and is visible to the audience it was shared with
Memorialized profiles don't appear in public spaces such as in suggestions for People You May Know, ads or birthday reminders
No one can log into a memorialized account
Memorialized accounts that don't have a legacy contact can't be changed
Groups with an admin whose account was memorialized will be able to select new admins
Pages with a sole admin whose account was memorialized will be removed from Facebook if we receive a valid request
https://facebook.com/help/103897939701143?refid=69

What is a legacy contact?
A legacy contact is someone you choose to look after your account if it's memorialized. Once your account is memorialized, your legacy contact will have the option to do things like:

Write a pinned post for your profile (ex: to share a final message on your behalf or provide information about a memorial service)
Respond to new friend requests (ex: old friends or family members who weren't yet on Facebook)
Update your profile picture and cover photo
You also have the option to allow your legacy contact to download a copy of what you've shared on Facebook, and we may add additional capabilities for legacy contacts in the future.

Your legacy contact can't:

Remove or change past posts, photos and other things shared on your Timeline
Read messages you've sent to other friends
Remove any of your friends

[...]
Note: You must be 18 or older to select a legacy contact.

https://facebook.com/help/1568013990080948

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Facebook Help Center.....

What will happen to my account if I pass away?
You can tell us in advance whether you’d like to have your account memorialized or permanently deleted from Facebook.

Memorialized Accounts

Memorialized accounts are a place for friends and family to gather and share memories after a person has passed away. Memorialized accounts have the following key features:

The word Remembering will be shown next to the person's name on their profile
Depending on the privacy settings of the account, friends can share memories on the memorialized Timeline
Content the person shared (ex: photos, posts) stays on Facebook and is visible to the audience it was shared with
Memorialized profiles don't appear in public spaces such as in suggestions for People You May Know, ads or birthday reminders
No one can log into a memorialized account
Memorialized accounts that don't have a legacy contact can't be changed
Groups with an admin whose account was memorialized will be able to select new admins
Pages with a sole admin whose account was memorialized will be removed from Facebook if we receive a valid request
https://facebook.com/help/103897939701143?refid=69

What is a legacy contact?
A legacy contact is someone you choose to look after your account if it's memorialized. Once your account is memorialized, your legacy contact will have the option to do things like:

Write a pinned post for your profile (ex: to share a final message on your behalf or provide information about a memorial service)
Respond to new friend requests (ex: old friends or family members who weren't yet on Facebook)
Update your profile picture and cover photo
You also have the option to allow your legacy contact to download a copy of what you've shared on Facebook, and we may add additional capabilities for legacy contacts in the future.

Your legacy contact can't:

Remove or change past posts, photos and other things shared on your Timeline
Read messages you've sent to other friends
Remove any of your friends

[...]
Note: You must be 18 or older to select a legacy contact.

https://facebook.com/help/1568013990080948

Okay, so it seems like this was set up in advance. I find that very strange.

Okay, so it seems like this was set up in advance. I find that very strange.

ITA. That being said, would VV have knowingly designated his Legacy Contact? I don't even know how to do this within my own Facebook profile. Is it password protected? Does the other person have to accept the "invite"? How does this work?

This requires a certain level of responsibility (OK, a huge one - considering your Facebook friend has passed away), and in this case, even that fact hasn't been fully confirmed (yet).

Has anyone here designated a LC on Facebook? The reason I ask, is I'm wondering if this could have been done surreptitiously, without his knowledge, if someone had access to his account.

Just thinking out loud here.
:cow:

ETA: if he did this on his own, it brings up a whole other set of questions I can't even wrap my mind around just yet. Was Vince in fear for his life? :scared:

hmmm, she's been in custody for a week, wonder when the page was changed??

ITA. That being said, would VV have knowingly designated his Legacy Contact? I don't even know how to do this within my own Facebook profile. Is it password protected? Does the other person have to accept the "invite"? How does this work?

This requires a certain level of responsibility (OK, a huge one - considering your Facebook friend has passed away), and in this case, even that fact hasn't been fully confirmed (yet).

Has anyone here designated a LC on Facebook? The reason I ask, is I'm wondering if this could have been done surreptitiously, without his knowledge, if someone had access to his account.

Just thinking out loud here.
:cow:

ETA: if he did this on his own, it brings up a whole other set of questions I can't even wrap my mind around just yet. Was Vince in fear for his life? :scared:

I don't think he was in fear of his life.

If he set up a legacy before he went missing, it could possibly mean nothing at all.

It could be something AG asked him to do.

It could mean he is faking his death and someone is in on it with him.

It could mean that someone accessed his FB account after he went missing. I don't always log-off FB, and someone could easily use my computer and mess around with my page. If he lived alone, I can imagine that he woudn't log off on his computer when he left home. Someone could also access my page through my cell phone now that I think about it.

Or, perhaps, a family member contacted FB though some official channel to change the page to "Remembering" as another way to help spread the word....but he's still missing. LE have stated he is presumed dead, even if not found yet.

It's hinky, but I can see some legit reasons for this to have happened.

I don't know if I find it hinky, after thinking about it a bit.
I haven't never heard of this option, but I am also technically challenged. I consider myself lucky that I can log in and do my job. :)

He may have just seen that it was a new feature and decided to take advantage of it, because why the heck not?

You never know when something can happen, regardless of how young and healthy you are.

I looked at his page last night and it hadn't changed yet. One thing that seemed strange to me was that the page was very new this year.

Ok, that's just odd. I learned about this case on Monday, I think, and found her FB page which led me to his, and saw the 'Remembering' that day.

You know what I do find hinky? That it's noted that she was married twice, and divorced at least once. I am taking that to mean that no records of the 2nd divorce have been located. So was she engaged, while still married? They were planning on getting married this summer, yes?

Also bizarre is a friend of Vince thinking that he was unaware of her prior marriages.

FWIW, your Facebook password is required to set a Legacy Contact. It's under Settings --> Privacy (last tab using the Facebook app). I wasn't able to access it via Safari on iPhone.
:twocents:

Ok, that's just odd. I learned about this case on Monday, I think, and found her FB page which led me to his, and saw the 'Remembering' that day.

Oops, I deleted my post while rethinking it. Anyway, I didn't notice "Remembering" last night and the posts went further back, as I recall. But I could be wrong. I followed a link from the first page of the thread. Just ignore my thought. :)

You know what I do find hinky? That it's noted that she was married twice, and divorced at least once. I am taking that to mean that no records of the 2nd divorce have been located. So was she engaged, while still married? They were planning on getting married this summer, yes?

Also bizarre is a friend of Vince thinking that he was unaware of her prior marriages.

I think her first marriage was at a young age and only lasted a few months. It's possible it was annulled, so there would be no divorce record.

I think her first marriage was at a young age and only lasted a few months. It's possible it was annulled, so there would be no divorce record.

She divorced her first husband in 2009 but kept her married last name.

There must be a marriage after that that she didn't annul or divorce (which Vincent's friends say he may not have been aware of).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-d-wished-husband-dead-wanted-threesomes.html

____

ahhh, you're right, so she was married in hear early 20s, divorced, and married again in 2009 but that marriage hasn't been annuled or divorced???

She met her first husband in Connecticut when both were in their early 20's. He repaired air conditioning and heating systems. She was a nanny. They met, he said, on one of his jobs.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...elika-graswald-poughkeepsie-profile/26742931/

I'm playing a little catch-up here, so excuse my stupid questions. I heard through some source a couple of nights ago when this broke, that there might even be a chance that Vincent never even was at the island that day, and the whole kayak incident was staged. This of course would mean that his body would not be found floating in the water, or anywhere else for that matter. This was on some TV news station that was reporting on it.

Have witnesses come forward that saw both of them out kayaking that day ? Has it been established that he did indeed die due to drowning and is out in the bay somewhere ?

I'm playing a little catch-up here, so excuse my stupid questions. I heard through some source a couple of nights ago when this broke, that there might even be a chance that Vincent never even was at the island that day, and the whole kayak incident was staged. This of course would mean that his body would not be found floating in the water, or anywhere else for that matter. This was on some TV news station that was reporting on it.

Have witnesses come forward that saw both of them out kayaking that day ? Has it been established that he did indeed die due to drowning and is out in the bay somewhere ?

A witness has stated they saw two people in two kayaks on the river . They were too far away to see faces.

We don't know how he died, his body still has not been recovered.

Only witness so far to come forward to MSM:

Gottlock said she and her husband, whose home overlooks the water, remember seeing Graswald and Viafore just as they pushed their kayaks into the water from Bannerman's Island. "I could see a woman and a man out there, but I couldn't make out faces," Gottlock said. "We put two and two together and figured that's her. And then she sent a few pictures from the island before she left." The Gottlocks keep a telescope in their living room; they said Graswald asked them to use it to search for her fiance's body before she was arrested.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...der-Angelika-Graswald-New-York-301826811.html

As for his FB (and AJ's), IMO, neither set up the legacy feature. After they went missing someone logged intoo their FB account on one of their devices (that had their log in info saved) and changed their account name. My son does this often (changes his name) and I (sometimes) change it for him (when I don't like the idiotic name he chooses) since his log in info is stored on his computer.

I can't imagine what this woman must have said in an impromptu interview that would result in a 2nd degree murder charge. Short of simply stating, "I shot the SOB in the head and I'm glad he's gone", I don't know what kind of statement would get murder 2 charges put on you simply because your stories didn't quite line up.

I'm sure that finding his body is of the utmost importance right now, if for no other reason than to establish a cause of death.

Unless he was shot in the back of the head, I can see all kinds of possibilities where a defense attorney could explain away his injuries.
If he had drugs in his system.....well....I guess he did drugs, doesn't mean his girlfriend gave them to him.
If he drowned.....yeah.....that's what she said happened.......so?
If he had bruises on his hands and arms....yeah....he was fighting to get his kayak righted.....so ?

This case seems paper thin to me just based on the "reason" given for second degree murder charges. I hope this isn't some cat and mouse game where the cops are using some kind of incarceration shock therapy in an attempt to squeeze more information our of her.

If they're wrong, they're gonna have a lotta egg on their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487