Found Deceased OH - Braylen Noble, 3, non-verbal, Toledo, 4 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno how interesting. One tablet that streams video hooked to the TV one that streams audio hooked to the stereo. A phone beside the toilet and the two old toilet phones stuck in the medicine cabinet, a phone on the kitchen table with two old kitchen phones stuck on the microwave.
Where did it say the phones were old, or deactivated? I didn't see that.

If a judge issued a warrant on my house for "every electronic device capable of storing data" they better have a truck. Two tablets and six phones including old inactive phones seems pretty normal to me.
Both my provider and the manufacturer of my phone offer a buy back when I upgrade. It isn't a lot of money but it does usually work out to the equivalent of one or two payments on the new phone so for me it's worth trading old phones in.

I wonder if LE also applied for search warrants from mom's and grandma's service providers for those phones and tablets? And did they impound the Jeep or just search it?

Not to mention that if the search warrant was served on the day he was reported missing it's even possible that some of the phones could have belonged to people who came over to help search
That wouldn't be disclosed in the warrant documents - but the warrant was explicitly stating that it granted confiscation of any electronic device which could store data, including any cell phones located - so it is reasonable to conclude that they were expected to take ALL cell phones they found within the residence and/or vehicle regardless of whether they were able to turn them on or not. While the documents do not state that some of those phones were deactivated or old, we also have no reason to conclude that they were all active or functional, either.

Both my provider and the manufacturer of my phone offer a buy back when I upgrade. It isn't a lot of money but it does usually work out to the equivalent of one or two payments on the new phone so for me it's worth trading old phones in.

I wonder if LE also applied for search warrants from mom's and grandma's service providers for those phones and tablets? And did they impound the Jeep or just search it?
LG / HTE / ZTE make a lot of phones ranging $25-$50 (Go Phone, TracFone, etc) you can buy from stores like Walmart without any payment plan or contract (pay-as-you-go where you just buy the number of minutes / amount of data you want) that have little to no resale/trade value. Many people, especially in lower income brackets, use them.

HTC and especially ZTE are not the manufacturers of US flagship phones.

Did I miss it saying they were new or active?

The only device specifically identified in the warrant is a SM-T350, a 5 year old tablet and it was the one I presume they were actively using for streaming.

Not to mention that if the search warrant was served on the day he was reported missing it's even possible that some of the phones could have belonged to people who came over to help search

That wouldn't be disclosed in the warrant documents - but the warrant was explicitly stating that it granted confiscation of any electronic device which could store data, including any cell phones located - so it is reasonable to conclude that they were expected to take ALL cell phones they found within the residence and/or vehicle regardless of whether they were able to turn them on or not. While the documents do not state that some of those phones were deactivated or old, we also have no reason to conclude that they were all active or functional, either.
Yes, I am familiar with search warrants. My issue is that on this thread there are a lot of posts referring to the phones being old/dead phones, and why that means neither the number of phones or their location is noteworthy.
We don't know how many phones do or don't work; and families with parents and kids may have more than a single woman with a non-verbal toddler. I just think we should wait before crossing anything off as the usual.
When the child was still missing only 5 hours, no sign of death, no POI, and even now with a body there's no cause of death released I can't assume anything is not weird.

HTC and especially ZTE are not the manufacturers of US flagship phones.

Did I miss it saying they were new or active?

The only device specifically identified in the warrant is a SM-T350, a 5 year old tablet and it was the one I presume they were actively using for streaming.
I don't mean they're active, we don't know . I don't understand saying two old phones stuck in medicine cabinet and two old kitchen phones stuck on microwave and one tablet hooked up to tv and one hooked to stereo...if that's theory just add "speculation" and it's clearer. Thanks.

LG / HTE / ZTE make a lot of phones ranging $25-$50 (Go Phone, TracFone, etc) you can buy from stores like Walmart without any payment plan or contract (pay-as-you-go where you just buy the number of minutes / amount of data you want) that have little to no resale/trade value. Many people, especially in lower income brackets, use them.
Ah, I see. Is that why they have so many cell phones? I only update mine every couple of years so I guess their phones either break a lot or they use multiple phones at one time.

More importantly, can LE see call information such as tower pings, call logs and texts on these kinds of phones?

Yes, I am familiar with search warrants. My issue is that on this thread there are a lot of posts referring to the phones being old/dead phones, and why that means neither the number of phones or their location is noteworthy.
We don't know how many phones do or don't work; and families with parents and kids may have more than a single woman with a non-verbal toddler. I just think we should wait before crossing anything off as the usual.
When the child was still missing only 5 hours, no sign of death, no POI, and even now with a body there's no cause of death released I can't assume anything is not weird.
We have a search warrant that was issued and served with property confiscated twenty days ago. We have a child who was located fifteen days ago. We have an initial autopsy two weeks ago. In those two weeks we have seen no public disclosure of charges being filed, arrests being made, suspects being pursued, or even suggestion of homicide being investigated. That of course does not mean that none of those things might occur at some point, but as it stands right now, IMO, we have no reason to believe that LE considers anything they confiscated to be relevant to the circumstances that led to Braylen's death, let alone the number of phones or where they were located. Taking this from an Occam's Razor perspective, the most simple explanation is that at least one person in the apartment used budget phones and didn't throw out old ones when they got new ones, and unless additional information comes to light giving us a good reason to suspect nefarious actions on the part of someone in that home which would would happen to give reason to employ the use of multiple phones, six phones being present in the home is irrelevant to this case (MOO).

Old, new, being used, or deactivated, I think the places were the phones were found are weird. And sure, if having 6 phones in a house where two adults and a toddler live isn't weird for most people, okay. To me, that's not something I'm familiar with culturally. If the phone is broken, we throw it away. If it's a back up phone, we save it somewhere that's not in a bathroom, where humidity is higher than any other place in the house, for example.
And then, if those are "cheap" phones, which, compared to an iPhone or a Samsung, why keep them? Those phones are not more breakable than more expensive ones, it's just that those phones get suuuuuuper slow and are terrible to operate when they do.

Ah, I see. Is that why they have so many cell phones? I only update mine every couple of years so I guess their phones either break a lot or they use multiple phones at one time.

More importantly, can LE see call information such as tower pings, call logs and texts on these kinds of phones?
Yes. They have call logs, texts, google search history, location/pings, it's surprising how much you can get from them. Sometimes people get one for budget but also vacation, being on a boat etc : places it's easy to lose phones.

Yes. They have call logs, texts, google search history, location/pings, it's surprising how much you can get from them. Sometimes people get one for budget but also vacation, being on a boat etc : places it's easy to lose phones.
They are Androids, same thing as a Samsung, for example. Just cheaper, slower, the camera isn't as good (it's usually really bad, actually), etc.

Old, new, being used, or deactivated, I think the places were the phones were found are weird. And sure, if having 6 phones in a house where two adults and a toddler live isn't weird for most people, okay. To me, that's not something I'm familiar with culturally. If the phone is broken, we throw it away. If it's a back up phone, we save it somewhere that's not in a bathroom, where humidity is higher than any other place in the house, for example.
And then, if those are "cheap" phones, which, compared to an iPhone or a Samsung, why keep them? Those phones are not more breakable than more expensive ones, it's just that those phones get suuuuuuper slow and are terrible to operate when they do.
People have odd behaviors, especially with keeping useless things. I have relatives who don't even throw out soda cans or t-shirts with holes in them that they never wear that have no value at all. A cell phone, unlike those items, can have photos on them or phone numbers a person didn't feel like transferring manually or might be used by a kid as a toy or might have just been set somewhere and never put away because it was out-of-sight-out-of-mind. My house is pretty clean and we're in the working class but I can't tell you where all of our old phones are. I'm sure you could find one in almost every different room in our house if you looked around enough.

Guys we have 3 iPads , I myself own 4 fire tablets. My grandson has 3 ( we have back ups). And we have a laptop a Mac book and crome book. I also have 4 old iPhones that aren’t in service. And between everyone 3 in service. But also I have a 5 yr old boy. Who owns sevetAl and my
Daughter is autistic non verbal ( not mute trust me she can speak and be loud. Just not with words )‘when
You have a non verbal child you often own more devices. They are also used for communication apps. I’m
Not even counting all
The iPods we have my daughters calming thing is listening to Taylor Swift on her iPod. They don’t make them
Anymore she takes one everywhere. We have about 30 all
With the exact same music loaded to each one. She’s 16 now and her music Has been her tool since she was 5. So we have gained a lot I
Plan on getting more as I find them because she’ll prob need them all her life. She uses it many times a day. She puts them on when uverstimlated rather then melting down. So sometime this stuff is just normal.

People have odd behaviors, especially with keeping useless things. I have relatives who don't even throw out soda cans or t-shirts with holes in them that they never wear that have no value at all. A cell phone, unlike those items, can have photos on them or phone numbers a person didn't feel like transferring manually or might be used by a kid as a toy or might have just been set somewhere and never put away because it was out-of-sight-out-of-mind. My house is pretty clean and we're in the working class but I can't tell you where all of our old phones are. I'm sure you could find one in almost every different room in our house if you looked around enough.
I mean, to be fair, I believe I'm the odd one here which is fine either way lol. But yeah, we do have funny habits and I only realize how "odd" they are when some people act super surprised about it, something that I do everyday or the way I say a certain word, it happens! I guess it never crossed my mind that people kept phones in places that would be weird for me, and so many of them lol.

(Sharing for entertainment value only, not really relevant here LOL) In my bedroom / dresser / bathroom cabinet alone I have a very old Samsung flip phone, a Blackberry, an HTE, a BLU, a newer flat Samsung, a broken iPhone 5c, a broken iPhone 6+, and an iPhone SE with a cracked screen. So just on my own not including anyone else's phones in the house or other phones I've had that have ended up in other rooms of the house or my current phone in my pocket, I've got 8 old, not charged, deactivated phones sitting around that I never touch or look at.

Guys we have 3 iPads , I myself own 4 fire tablets. My grandson has 3 ( we have back ups). And we have a laptop a Mac book and crome book. I also have 4 old iPhones that aren’t in service. And between everyone 3 in service. But also I have a 5 yr old boy. Who owns sevetAl and my
Daughter is autistic non verbal ( not mute trust me she can speak and be loud. Just not with words )‘when
You have a non verbal child you often own more devices. They are also used for communication apps. I’m
Not even counting all
The iPods we have my daughters calming thing is listening to Taylor Swift on her iPod. They don’t make them
Anymore she takes one everywhere. We have about 30 all
With the exact same music loaded to each one. She’s 16 now and her music Has been her tool since she was 5. So we have gained a lot I
Plan on getting more as I find them because she’ll prob need them all her life. She uses it many times a day. She puts them on when uverstimlated rather then melting down. So sometime this stuff is just normal.
Thank you for sharing! It's really sweet that you go out of your way to make sure your daughter always has the things that bring her joy and comfort, way to go! And yeah, I didn't really consider the fact that kids have way more devices than I did back in the day. I was born in 1994, I got my first phone at 9-10 years-old so, pretty early. That phone was my dad's, it worked fine so I got it and I was pretty happy about it lol, after that, I got my older brother's phone. When I was in middle school, having a phone was not for everyone, now every kid in middle school has one. My 3-year-old niece is able to operate a phone, nobody ever teached her anything, she just figured it out. It really is crazy and interesting how kids just figure it out on their own. Toddlers with tablets is pretty normal, they start early so, now that I think about it, having several devices in a house is pretty usual.

I could go on and on about the economy of disposable cell phones and its impact on nations that provide rate earth minerals but I'll attempt to steer back at least in the direction of the topic of this thread.

That's one of the reasons it's important to get all those phones. If they are in fact prepaid store bought phones then they may not have their electronic serial numbers associated directly with the people using them the way contact cell phones do. If a person buys with cash and buys refill cards with cash, no paper trail but there are plenty of people who live that way for other reasons as well. In the case of apartment complexes it can't even be presumed that if a certain phone spent every night at that location it belongs to the people who live there unlike with a single family home. However, once phones are physically taken with a search warrant their ESNs can be recorded and their past location data checked

And of course also this, the data that's actually on the phone as well. One of the reasons I have so many phones laying around is that I'm naturally curious and have a hard time passing up a cell phone at a yard sale or pawn shop for less than $5. Those kind of trashy phones rarely fail to have compromising photos of one kind or another stored on them. I hope everyone in this thread discussing trading in their old phones does a factory reset on them first rather than counting on the provider's retail associates to do so.

I hope everyone in this thread discussing trading in their old phones does a factory reset on them first rather than counting on the provider's retail associates to do so.
^^^ Definitely do this if trading in. A lot of my phones have been refurbished devices and even though I've always gone through mainstream chain retailers to make my purchases I've still received a couple of phones that still had other people's contacts or photos in them when I received them.

I'm one of those people that doesn't really get a new phone if the one I have still works fine, and then, if I do get a new one and the old one is still fine, I keep the old one just in case someone in the house breaks a phone and needs one. But, I wouldn't keep 6 phones, no. That's why it was weird to me, I'm one of those people that throws everything away lol.

Yes, that was interesting to me. I wonder if they said it was just mom, grandma and Braylen at the home, or if there was someone else there. Maybe they have a reason to believe someone else was there, that's why I found it interesting.

I mean, yeah, to each their own. I don't keep that stuff if it doesn't work anymore, to me there's real no real reason to keep so many older devices as back up, but that's personal I guess. The location of the devices didn't seem very usual to me, though.

I read it as, the cigarette butt was found on a chair on the balcony. I don't think they took the chair, just the cigarette butt.
The cigarette butt is obvious to me. No smoking in the apartment slowed. Mom was on the balcony when he was reported to disappear. That's her smoking area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08