OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, according to the band members, they had no recollection of having met Brian that night.

Yes, it is true that we don't know the extent of the surveillance footage investigation. I really don't understand why it would matter to Brian whether he is seen in camera or not. If he decided to disappear, then what is the significance of not being seen on camera? Those are two thoughts I am simply not able to connect.

I think not being seen on camera is because he took an exit that didn't have one. I don't believe it was necessarily a deliberate decision on Brian's part, if he left the bar unseen. He could have been drunk and felt adventurous, so he went exploring and wandered off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes the police did say that the band had no recollection of him, they did not say if they believed them or not.

The point is the entire mystery is wrapped up in him leaving the bar. We know the ways he could of gotten out if he walked out. All of them except leaving by the lift and directly getting into a vehicle right there would have been caught on camera.

All three of the detectives, including the one who thinks he is alive, say that however he left the bar is directly related to what happened that night. That's where the entire mystery is that's the entire point of looking into how he could have gotten out undetected or how someone else could have gotten him out undetected.

When people say, "well he just got out somehow" doesn't add up with any of the facts of the case. That is the entire mystery in the first place. You can't come up with a theory for what happened to him until you get him out of the bar. It's the entire point.

Yes the police did say that the band had no recollection of him, they did not say if they believed them or not.

The point is the entire mystery is wrapped up in him leaving the bar. We know the ways he could of gotten out if he walked out. All of them except leaving by the lift and directly getting into a vehicle right there would have been caught on camera.

All three of the detectives, including the one who thinks he is alive, say that however he left the bar is directly related to what happened that night. That's where the entire mystery is that's the entire point of looking into how he could have gotten out undetected or how someone else could have gotten him out undetected.

When people say, "well he just got out somehow" doesn't add up with any of the facts of the case. That is the entire mystery in the first place. You can't come up with a theory for what happened to him until you get him out of the bar. It's the entire point.

Again, like we end up concluding.... Brian leaving the bar undetected is not that surprising considering that there might have been ways to leave the bar where no cameras are present. It's more as to who wanted him out of the gar undetected.

Frankly, cops have no reason not to believe the band members. No one saw Brian with the band, and let's don't forget that it's according to Clint that Brian left the bar. If cops genuinely didn't believe the band members, they would have pushed further. Like I mentioned, there wasn't anything tying Brian to the band.

There was a candlelight vigil held for Brian after his disappearance. There was a myspace page with pictures from that day. And of course, Clint was nowhere to be found.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=candlelight+vigil+held+for+Brian+shaffer&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjFgNCHytrUAhWLeD4KHY4kBDUQ_AUICCgD&biw=1366&bih=659#imgrc=rWkQRnqQHprYJM:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 300x300.gif
    300x300.gif
    75.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 300x300.jpg
    300x300.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 142
I don't recall this interview Clint had with NBC4 news in Colombus. I found it on another forum, unfortunately the original link no longer works and I couldn't find it on Wayback either.
[FONT=&amp]"Brian got up with them. I am assuming he got up with them, walked out with them to talk with them on the foyer before going on the escalator . . . I called him that night and it went straight to voicemail. It was about 2 a.m. and -- no answer," Florence said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]At closing time, after looking for his friend, Clint Florence left the bar. "Of course, I regret now leaving, but I didn't think anything of it. I didn't think Brian -- that anything happened to him because he is known to walk away," Florence said.[/FONT]

I don't recall this interview Clint had with NBC4 news in Colombus. I found it on another forum, unfortunately the original link no longer works and I couldn't find it on Wayback either.

Is this the one?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12689476/ns/dateline_nbc/t/thin-air/#.WVOADev3arV

It's really a few seconds showing Clint and him saying that Brian was doing his usual thing. This is still very early on, there is literally nothing else that I can find on the web that he ever shared. Guilty or not, he looks so overwhelmingly suspicious. Hundreds of people who didn't know Brian assisted in efforts to find him but yet his "friend" turned quiet as a fish by his own decision. It's just incredibly sad (especially after Brian's dad died) that he would walk away like that. It does hurt to imagine that Brian was killed and discarded somewhere and that didn't mean anything to Clint. Even if he wasn't involved in Brian's disappearance, it makes him look such a spineless coward who never stood up for his friend. But, I guess I shouldn't call him a friend. There has never been an indication of one.

I wonder if he told Clint to not say a word under any circumstances if he wanted to run away or something. But, why from a bar & so randomly during a night out would he want to do the escape? And I feel like Clint couldn't have kept it a secret that long. Idk. Just an idea. This case is so confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if he told Clint to not say a word under any circumstances if he wanted to run away or something. But, why from a bar & so randomly during a night out would he want to do the escape? And I feel like Clint couldn't have kept it a secret that long. Idk. Just an idea. This case is so confusing.

Everything is possible given the lack of evidence, but personally, not inclined to believe that.

If he did do something like that, maybe he met up with someone at the bar and didn't want to be seen leaving with them for some reason. Maybe he went to their place and something happened to him there. If not, it's possible he left on his own after leaving the bar, either with someone else or on his own. I guess we can only speculate. :sigh:

Is this the one?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12689476/ns/dateline_nbc/t/thin-air/#.WVOADev3arV

It's really a few seconds showing Clint and him saying that Brian was doing his usual thing. This is still very early on, there is literally nothing else that I can find on the web that he ever shared. Guilty or not, he looks so overwhelmingly suspicious. Hundreds of people who didn't know Brian assisted in efforts to find him but yet his "friend" turned quiet as a fish by his own decision. It's just incredibly sad (especially after Brian's dad died) that he would walk away like that. It does hurt to imagine that Brian was killed and discarded somewhere and that didn't mean anything to Clint. Even if he wasn't involved in Brian's disappearance, it makes him look such a spineless coward who never stood up for his friend. But, I guess I shouldn't call him a friend. There has never been an indication of one.

No, not that one. I tried to find the link for the September 26, 2006 article in NBC-4 Columbus and have had no luck. I actually read it at the below link ... hope it's ok to post.... scroll down to reply # 16 where it appears to be a copy of the entire article.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/11372177-weht-the-missing-studly-medical-school-student-

No, not that one. I tried to find the link for the September 26, 2006 article in NBC-4 Columbus and have had no luck. I actually read it at the below link ... hope it's ok to post.... scroll down to reply # 16 where it appears to be a copy of the entire article.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/11372177-weht-the-missing-studly-medical-school-student-

Oh, okay, I see what you mean. I will do a further search see what I can find.

If Brian orchestrated his own disappearance,

Can anyone come up with an explanation as to why would someone decide to leave after a night out with friends?

And if he did leave on his own, why would he tell Clint anyway?

A secret is no longer a secret if more than one person knows about it. Personally, if I wanted to disappear, I would not share my plans with anyone for all obvious reasons. A clever guy like Brian would not tell about his plans to anyone, if he in fact left on his own will.

If Brian left and Clint isn’t aware, why would Clint act the way that he did… completely moving himself from it all?
If he did know (I still can’t find a reason of why Clint would be aware of Brian’s plans), then why didn’t he pretend to at least care after Brian left?

More and more speculation….

Why did he stop cooperating with the police? If he was aware of Brian’s disappearance, he could have simply fabricate a reasonable story and push the spotlight away from himself. If he was aware and had nothing to do with any foul play, then why shun investigation? If he was smart enough to get a lawyer, why wasn’t he smart enough to play “nice” so there would be no cloud of suspicion around him?

It just doesn’t make sense.

To add to the above:

If Brian confided in Clint to swear to secrecy, why Clint? Why not someone closer to him or a relative?

Evidence circumstantial though it may be shows that Brian and Clint were not close.

" " Clint is shown to be untrustworthy.
Why does Clint need a lawyer if he is so innocent?
Someone who is likely "Drunk as a skunk" as I believe Brian was, would not be able to get very far by walking away only to never be seen again.

I still believe that Brian was missed by the cameras or went out the employee exit or down that elevator construction site. The Ugly Tuna is in a high crime area, and Brian either:

1.) Was mugged, or got into a fight and was killed. The perpetrator hiding the body. This happened when Brian left the bar.
2.) Was sick or inhibited by the booze and his impaired judgement lead him to be struck by a car. The driver panicked and hid the body.
3.) Brian hitchhiked home and was picked up by a "bad ride."
4.) Brian was being flirtatious with the two girls on the video. Clint didn't like that, and the drunken states of both of them escalated into rage either on the way home from the bar. They had a fight after leaving the bar on the way home or back at the apartment and Brian is killed. Clint spends six hours at the apartment cleaning up any evidence that may incriminate him. This would be the kind of thing that would make Clint lawyer up and not talk about the case. Only pretending to care for the first week or two, and not only stop caring, but he moves away to Texas, like six weeks later? When was that move?

(Note that #4's theory would explain why Clint had keys to Brian's apartment.)

If Brian left on his own accord maybe he wanted to share a final memory with friends. "One for the Road." Maybe he confided in Clint and no one else for reasons unknown. Than if that is the case, why can't Clint just come forward and say: "Brian decided to start life all over again. Stress of med school and his Mother's death were too overwhelming for him, and he just couldn't take it anymore." Why not say that? If that happened it would at least bring closure. But with none of his personal assets being used, Brian would need time to plan to leave forever. There was a matter of MINUTES between Brian being last seen, to never being seen again. This makes me suspect an accident or foul play was involved.

Has it ever been said by Clint what he thinks happened to Brian?

Satch

To add to the above:

If Brian confided in Clint to swear to secrecy, why Clint? Why not someone closer to him or a relative?

Evidence circumstantial though it may be shows that Brian and Clint were not close.

Someone who is likely "Drunk as a skunk" as I believe Brian was, would not be able to get very far by walking away only to never be seen again.

I still believe that Brian was missed by the cameras or went out the employee exit or down that elevator construction site. The Ugly Tuna is in a high crime area, and Brian either:

1.) Was mugged, or got into a fight and was killed. The perpetrator hiding the body. This happened when Brian left the bar.
2.) Was sick or inhibited by the booze and his impaired judgement lead him to be struck by a car. The driver panicked and hid the body.
4.) Brian was being flirtatious with the two girls on the video. Clint didn't like that, and the drunken states of both of them escalated into rage either on the way home from the bar. They had a fight after leaving the bar on the way home or back at the apartment and Brian is killed. Clint spends six hours at the apartment cleaning up any evidence that may incriminate him. This would be the kind of thing that would make Clint lawyer up and not talk about the case. Only pretending to care for the first week or two, and not only stop caring, but he moves away to Texas, like six weeks later? When was that move?

If Brian left on his own accord maybe he wanted to share a final memory with friends. "One for the Road." Maybe he confided in Clint and no one else for reasons unknown. Than if that is the case, why can't Clint just come forward and say: "Brian decided to start life all over again. Stress of med school and his Mother's death were too overwhelming for him, and he just couldn't take it anymore." Why not say that? If that happened it would at least bring closure. But with none of his personal assets being used, Brian would need time to plan to leave forever. There was a matter of MINUTES between Brian being last seen, to never being seen again. This makes me suspect an accident or foul play was involved.

Satch

I guess it's possible that Brian didn't confide in Clint, but that Clint could know something about Brian. They were roommates at one time. Just speculating.

To add to the above:

Satch

To me Clint is a definitely a possible suspect,
when your best friend goes missing and you don't show a real interest in helping to find him or to find out what happened to him , to Brian) and you also take a Lawyer then it is very suspicious to me , I am certain the police also suspect in Clint but there are not enough evidence to name him as a suspect.

I think there are 2 main scenarios: 1: Clint didn't killed Brian but he knows what happened and who did it or Clint killed brian for a reason which is not known to us (yet)

I guess it's possible that Brian didn't confide in Clint, but that Clint could know something about Brian. They were roommates at one time. Just speculating.

Yes, but how could that something be tied to his disappearance and why does Clint hide that information unless he is involved in it somehow?

To me Clint is a definitely a possible suspect,
when your best friend goes missing and you don't show a real interest in helping to find him or to find out what happened to him , to Brian) and you also take a Lawyer then it is very suspicious to me , I am certain the police also suspect in Clint but there are not enough evidence to name him as a suspect.

I think there are 2 main scenarios: 1: Clint didn't killed Brian but he knows what happened and who did it or Clint killed brian for a reason which is not known to us (yet)

There isn't a motive that we know of that could point at Clint. These guys weren't involved in gangs, weren't "street" guys or had a history of any shady activity. If Clint had a motive, he seems to be the only person who knows what that motive is. I don't believe he has spoken anybody of what happened that night, from his perspective. This guy has had something to hide for a decade, I don't believe he would risk telling anything to anyone.

If he just knows information, why doesn't he share who killed Brian? Again, unless that information doesn't affect him, why does he not come forward?

Those are some very important questions.

To add to the above:

Satch

Satch,

You bring up relevant points here, but again, one thing remain odd and unfitting in all these. How does Clint fit into all this? If he is not affected by the repercussions of his confession/information, there is no other reason to believe why he has kept quiet for more than a decade now. I believe he would come forward if he had some vague, indirect information that could lead to a possible lead. However, he has never done that which makes me believe that whatever he is hiding carries huge personal ramifications for him.

Considering what I mentioned above, I am not sure how possible accident or foul play fits into Brian's disappearance with Clint's involvement. Meredith is Clint's possible alibi at the bar, but we don't know if Clint had an alibi for the remaining of the night after he and Meredith parted. I know I have mentioned that Clint could have gone to Brian's apartment. I don't know how we got the info that Clint was there for six hours. I have to go back to find this info again. I am not sure of its source.

If something happened to Brian by accident, what would Clint have to hide?

If Brian met with foul play, and Clint was a witness, then why not come forward? If he wanted to provide info, he could have done so anonymously without fearing that he is going to be questioned for more.

Again, we're keeping arriving at a juncture that... unless Clint has a direct involvement, his behavior just doesn't make sense.

Or... maybe he has absolutely nothing to do and knows nothing but he is simply a cold person who never cared about his "friend".

I am not able to access the video from the NBC news video from my current location, but can anybody tell where the 'spending six hours at Brian's apartment' info came from? I don't seem to be able to verify the source. It's an important clue and needs to be verified. I'm going to try to find out if Clint had an alibi for the rest of the night after leaving the bar.

Yes, but how could that something be tied to his disappearance and why does Clint hide that information unless he is involved in it somehow?

Yeah, one would think that even if Brian had other things going on, i.e., people, relationships that he wanted to keep private.... that Clint would have divulged that information, at least to LE. Why hide it after his friend vanishes without a trace. Wouldn't finding Brian be more important than protecting any secrets he might have had ? Unless Clint has something to hide too. But what would that be?

So maybe Clint doesn't know specifically what happened to Brian. Maybe he just suspects something. It's my understanding that he was in the company of the other female friend (can't recall her name) at the time Brian disappeared and right afterwards. So if Clint knows something wouldn't she know as well ? Yet she passed a polygraph.

Is it possible that Clint had suspicions that Brian had disappeared purposely, on his own, so at the time he himself felt betrayed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste