OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he didnt think his family could handle it, or he just couldn't handle them knowing?

This is the first time this angle hit and the
first time I saw Clint

Does anyone know if his family was deeply religious - or Clint??

first time I saw Clint

Could you clarify, I'm not sure what you mean by "the first time I saw Clint" means. And, what you mean by the deeply religious thing. Thank you, Clariis! :wave:

first time I saw Clint

I really don't think so. None of them involved strike me as such. I know Brian's dad wasn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could you clarify, I'm not sure what you mean by "the first time I saw Clint" means. And, what you mean by the deeply religious thing. Thank you, Clariis! :wave:

Darn spell check, I meant Cariis

hey I am just throwing this out i have no idea if I really think it is valid

Sex with one another ??

I have thought about this theory a lot. Unwanted advances could definitely be cause for foul play.

Clint and Brian were former roommates, had a long history of being friends, Alexis didn't like Clint, Clint didn't like Alexis. Brian had to break the news to his guy friends that evening... in the first year or two after the disappearance, there were rumors of a relationship (of some sort-it could've been one sided) between Clint and Brian. Of course these were only rumors… but In consideration of Clint's strange actions both the day after, and in the months after, it does raise some questions about what was going on there. One theory, is that Clint and Brian met up after leaving the bar... perhaps they did some drugs, or perhaps only alcohol...maybe a passion fueled fight occurred...and Brian could have died accidentally...Clint covered it all up beginning the night of and continuing during the 6 hours at Brian's apartment the following day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint and Brian were former roommates, had a long history of being friends, Alexis didn't like Clint, Clint didn't like Alexis. Brian had to break the news to his guy friends that evening... in the first year or two after the disappearance, there were rumors of a relationship (of some sort-it could've been one sided) between Clint and Brian. Of course these were only rumors… but In consideration of Clint's strange actions both the day after, and in the months after, it does raise some questions about what was going on there. One theory, is that Clint and Brian met up after leaving the bar... perhaps they did some drugs, or perhaps only alcohol...maybe a passion fueled fight occurred...and Brian could have died accidentally...Clint covered it all up beginning the night of and continuing during the 6 hours at Brian's apartment the following day.

I've been thinking along these lines as well, but wasn't sure if or how to come out and say it. So thank you for doing so, and for putting it so clearly and succinctly. :) I believe it's a plausible theory. JMO

Right. We don't know if Clint had an alibi for the rest of the night. I do believe that there was sort of altercation between him and Brian after the night out at the bar.

"Originally Posted by geojeffrey"

I've been thinking along these lines as well, but wasn't sure if or how to come out and say it. So thank you for doing so, and for putting it so clearly and succinctly. :) I believe it's a plausible theory. JMO

Does the evidence show that Brian broke the news of the engagement to Alexis that night? Or is that unknown? If he broke the news of the engagement to Alexis that night and there is evidence of that, I could see Geojeffrey's theory playing out as a possibility.

Satch

Does the evidence show that Brian broke the news of the engagement to Alexis that night? Or is that unknown? If he broke the news of the engagement to Alexis that night and there is evidence of that, I could see Geojeffrey's theory playing out as a possibility.

Satch

Satch, there is no such thing. No one knew for sure if Brian was going to propose. There wasn't a ring as Brian hadn't gotten one by all accounts. It was simply assumed by friends/family that he was going to propose.

It is my belief that they were way too drunk and having too much casual fun that night for them to be able to discuss anything of that significance.

I agree with the line of thought you present here. There is nothing to indicate that Clint had an alibi after the bar, and it is possible that they could have met after the night out and something bad happened and escalated into something more fatal.

Not to distract from Brian's thread, but just started a thread with some similarities to Brian's case, minus the located part.
Attractive male US student living in Toronto,engaged to be married, goes to bar, drinks a bit much, seen talking to 2 women on cctv, leaves for his nearby condo. seen on cctv entering the condo elevator and that is it.
Body found days later in a Michigan landfill.
FWIW.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-landfill-June-2012l&p=13486362#post13486362

you are talking about the Smiley Face Killers...and you're right, that's scary!:scared::scared::scared:

Ok..I figured out what was somewhere in my memory. It was related to the smiley face killers/river deaths thread. I know that Brian is believed to be a possible not probable connection but he had been to a bar called Brother's before the Ugly Tuna. And 2 or 3 other disappearances of men had also been to a bar called Brother's albeit in other states.

He also shares the commonality of being on video but not seen actually exiting the bar? That is really odd and sticks out to me.

you are talking about the Smiley Face Killers...and you're right, that's scary!:scared::scared::scared:

I think the Smiley ( not all of em but something to it ) is a 18 wheel trucker

I really don't think Columbus PD has any info on Clint's alibi which makes me believe that they had never seriously considered him a viable suspect in this case.

Does anybody know if Clint's and Brian's car were examined after Brian's disappearance?

Sent out some questions to the detective from the Columbus PD. Something's gotta give. They need to look into people who saw Brian last and look to establish alibis for them for the rest of the night. They also need to get a court order to get them talk... or do something that will establish avenues of further investigation. Until then, this is just another sad missing person's case with no closure.

Sent out some questions to the detective from the Columbus PD. Something's gotta give. They need to look into people who saw Brian last and look to establish alibis for them for the rest of the night. They also need to get a court order to get them talk... or do something that will establish avenues of further investigation. Until then, this is just another sad missing person's case with no closure.
Well statutes of limitations has passed for most things, so if Clint is keeping quiet about something involving drugs he should have no fears about telling what happened- unless murder is involved of course. Or hell, maybe he just doesn't know anything but I have a hard time believing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member