OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well statutes of limitations has passed for most things, so if Clint is keeping quiet about something involving drugs he should have no fears about telling what happened- unless murder is involved of course. Or hell, maybe he just doesn't know anything but I have a hard time believing that.

Yes, but as we have established, he doesn't seem to care about the situation at all... so why would he come forward with any info? I believe it's so beyond the legality of things here. He is probably scared to death to be associated with Brian's disappearance in any way as he knows that he would forever be in the midst of it, if he chose to reveal anything at all. As I mentioned before, he seems to care about his reputation and career more than he does about friendship, accountability and honor. The pure lack of care and apathy is very telling.

I think that the LE should at least attempt to determine if Clint had an alibi after he and Meredith parted. They should look for ways to get him talking. Even if he was not directly involved in Brian's disappearance, he may be aware of things that got Brian killed.

Thinking of Brian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well statutes of limitations has passed for most things, so if Clint is keeping quiet about something involving drugs he should have no fears about telling what happened- unless murder is involved of course. Or hell, maybe he just doesn't know anything but I have a hard time believing that.

Even if statues of limitations may have passed for prosecuting most crimes in the legal system, I wonder if he fears his medical license would be revoked if the details were revealed?

Every time I come here, I wonder if there's any chance that one of you is Clint or Brian or even the police officers who worked the case...using different screennames. I've always felt if you had a deep connection to this case, you'd keep coming back here to check in from time to time.

Brian, if you are alive, I hope you have found peace. And that one day you will at least reach out to Derrick and Alexis even if you choose to keep your story private from the public eye. I always wonder if you could send a note to the police department with some proof that you're still alive...your fingerprints stamped on today's paper, for example. Not because you have to, but because you know deep in your heart that just as you have never forgotten the events of that night, that evening also changed other people's lives forever too.

Clint, I don't know what to think about you. I think there's a possibility you don't really know anything specific, but could venture a few educated guesses as to what sort of trouble Brian might have run into. If you are innocent, I can see how the situation could invoke fear...how perhaps if someone else did make Brian disappear, that you feel there is some threat out there for you if you talk and how at the very least it could discolor your medical career. You have the most to lose perhaps.

Every time I come in here, though, I read suggestions you may have been involved too. If that is the case, I hope there will be an update here one day and that we will be told your conscience eventually prevailed, that you found courage and began offering more open cooperation to the police...even at risk to yourself. I know many believe there's no real incentive for you to open up. If you've put it behind you mostly and survived as a doctor, then what good would it do anyone--you might ask--to turn yourself in or admit to any level of involvement? But I still think it might set something right in the world--to ease loved ones' grief, put a stop to public funding of an investigation, to put a stake in the ground that no matter how much time passes, the loss of Brian mattered and that he deserves more justice than this.

Even if statues of limitations may have passed for prosecuting most crimes in the legal system, I wonder if he fears his medical license would be revoked if the details were revealed?

Every time I come here, I wonder if there's any chance that one of you is Clint or Brian or even the police officers who worked the case...using different screennames. I've always felt if you had a deep connection to this case, you'd keep coming back here to check in from time to time.

Brian, if you are alive, I hope you have found peace. And that one day you will at least reach out to Derrick and Alexis even if you choose to keep your story private from the public eye. I always wonder if you could send a note to the police department with some proof that you're still alive...your fingerprints stamped on today's paper, for example. Not because you have to, but because you know deep in your heart that just as you have never forgotten the events of that night, that evening also changed other people's lives forever too.

Clint, I don't know what to think about you. I think there's a possibility you don't really know anything specific, but could venture a few educated guesses as to what sort of trouble Brian might have run into. If you are innocent, I can see how the situation could invoke fear...how perhaps if someone else did make Brian disappear, that you feel there is some threat out there for you if you talk and how at the very least it could discolor your medical career. You have the most to lose perhaps.

Every time I come in here, though, I read suggestions you may have been involved too. If that is the case, I hope there will be an update here one day and that we will be told your conscience eventually prevailed, that you found courage and began offering more open cooperation to the police...even at risk to yourself. I know many believe there's no real incentive for you to open up. If you've put it behind you mostly and survived as a doctor, then what good would it do anyone--you might ask--to turn yourself in or admit to any level of involvement? But I still think it might set something right in the world--to ease loved ones' grief, put a stop to public funding of an investigation, to put a stake in the ground that no matter how much time passes, the loss of Brian mattered and that he deserves more justice than this.

Wow, You've voiced many of my own thoughts in such a beautiful way. I can't think of anything else I would want to add. Thank you, BessDrew. Hopefully someone of significance is reading here .

Thank you for your thoughts. I have wondered the same thing many times but I seriously doubt that to be the case -- the fact that someone involved in this case takes part in this forum.

Even though it is possible, I refuse to believe that Brian willingly disappeared. To me, his unexplained disappearance is wrapped in deep sadness even though I never knew Brian or anyone involved in this story. There has always been a sense of perpetual dragging, an unending cycle of unanswered questions that lead to nowhere.

There are so many weird twists and turns that it is impossible to make sense of it all. In all the shrouded mystery, I believe someone knows what happened to Brian and very much hope that we will learn what happened to him after he disappeared from the bar that night.

I wanted to add a few more things that have been on my mind...

I always found it interesting how Brian's family was always suspicious of Clint. Typically, any such tragedy, hardship or mystery brings loved ones closer together. Brian's family also found it odd that Clint would shut them down and never mention Brian, come talk to them or to the police. It is certainly odd. Considering everything, it is my belief that Clint certainly has something to hide BIG TIME.

Sometimes I have the overwhelming feeling of confronting him, holding him by the collar and making him talk. It does has a certain personal pain for me to know that someone has so indifferently abandoned this...

To continue my thought above...

I have wondered if someone close to Clint have asked or confronted him in some way about what happened the night of Brian's disappearance. I can't imagine to know him and just be quiet about this matter, pretending that it never happened. I just can't imagine that no one has ever confronted him or raised questions or sought more clarity or answers. If I didn't question him or if he refused to answer, I would always question his involvement and his character as a human being.

And then I think... How Clint has had the conscience to manage to consistently avoid everything about Brian's disappearance? How has we woken up every day with no drop of responsibility towards those who loved and cared for Brian and were looking for him? That is something that I will never understand, and in my opinion, it speaks volumes of who he truly is. It is beyond sad, and it multiplies the grief as it leaves everything about this case completely undone and utterly incomplete.

I think about this case very often. I can't wrap my mind around the fact of how cruel life has been to the Shaffer family. Two of them died (Renee in 2006, Randy in 2008) within two yrs of each other while Brian has never been seen or heard from since that night in 2006. The dissolving of their family adds a bitter twist to Brian's mystery. It's like the closest to Brian, those who would advocate for him and look for him were just lost and gone. This makes Brian's mystery feel like a deep surreal dream.

Like I said, I never knew Brian, but somehow I have always had a personal connection to this case. As if Brian was my brother, friend or cousin... I have had odd glimpses of certain passing images in my mind when contemplating this case.

I know how you feel, Brainy. IMO there's something off with Clint when it comes to Brian's case. Otherwise why would he ask for immunity?

From the timeline, page 29 of The Ohio Missing Dispatch:

http://www.magcloud.com/webviewer/900141?__r=563315&s=w

July 2008 - Police deny Don Corbett and Randy Shaffer access to Brian's police records because of Corbett's actions.

July 2008 - Randy is told by Clint's attorney that he will speak if granted immunity.

September 22, 2008 - Attorney Neil Rosenberg, who represents Clint Florence, tells an investigator that he believes Brian is alive.

October 2008 - Don Corbett files application for writ of mandamus to compel the police to provide him with records.

I wonder what could be in Brian's police records that might be of interest, and if Mr. Corbett ever received them. It doesn't say.

I know how you feel, Brainy. IMO there's something off with Clint when it comes to Brian's case. Otherwise why would he ask for immunity?

From the timeline, page 29 of The Ohio Missing Dispatch:

http://www.magcloud.com/webviewer/900141?__r=563315&s=w

July 2008 - Police deny Don Corbett and Randy Shaffer access to Brian's police records because of Corbett's actions.

July 2008 - Randy is told by Clint's attorney that he will speak if granted immunity.

September 22, 2008 - Attorney Neil Rosenberg, who represents Clint Florence, tells an investigator that he believes Brian is alive.

October 2008 - Don Corbett files application for writ of mandamus to compel the police to provide him with records.

I wonder what could be in Brian's police records that might be of interest, and if Mr. Corbett ever received them. It doesn't say.

Neesaki, if this is true, then I have even more questions about Clint's involvement, and why the police didn't take further actions to press him to learn more information. This should have only make them more convinced that his friend clearly had something to hide and believed that disclosure of more would jeopardize him.

I really don't know and have no idea what to believe. It is not known to what degree the Columbus PD is working on this case, if they are at all. I have contacted them a few times and received no feedback. I fear that time is brutally working against Brian. With more passing time, we move further away from closure.

I had a dream a few times where I am in a crowded bar and can see Brian's back. I can't see his face but I know it's him so I follow him through the crowd as he is heading to the exit. I finally reach the exit but I cannot see Brian anymore. I call his name but there is nothing. Vanished. This has given me the chills as I know it represented the incompleteness that I have always sensed as a result of his abrupt disappearance.

Brian Shaffer rode the school bus with me for 6 years. I don't have a clear memory of him then, but I know he and his brother were on my route. 5 years later, he played with his band at Farmapalooza and I do remember him standing on the side of my backyard porch. Lanky, composed, assured. He went missing on April 1, 2006. There have been no new developments in the case for over a decade.

I'm working with my wife (Amy Baumgardner) and Nick Pidcock, an amateur investigator and true crime aficionado to explore the many unexplored mysteries of the case. Our hope is to provide the most transparent, in depth look at the case to date, as well as provide a lasting document of Brian's story, as websites and forums devoted to his disappearance disappear themselves. We'd love to see more come from this, but we are limited by our access to people.

That's where you come in. If you have anything that might be relevant to us I'd love to hear from you. (Personal stories, connections, details not publicly known, etc). Email me: comehomepodcast@gmail.com. We are in the info gathering stage, and could use your help getting this case the attention it deserves.

Thanks crew,

Scott, Nick, and Amy
ComeHome Podcast
Email: comehomepodcast@gmail.com

Brian Shaffer rode the school bus with me for 6 years. I don't have a clear memory of him then, but I know he and his brother were on my route. 5 years later, he played with his band at Farmapalooza and I do remember him standing on the side of my backyard porch. Lanky, composed, assured. He went missing on April 1, 2006. There have been no new developments in the case for over a decade.

I'm working with my wife (Amy Baumgardner) and Nick Pidcock, an amateur investigator and true crime aficionado to explore the many unexplored mysteries of the case. Our hope is to provide the most transparent, in depth look at the case to date, as well as provide a lasting document of Brian's story, as websites and forums devoted to his disappearance disappear themselves. We'd love to see more come from this, but we are limited by our access to people.

That's where you come in. If you have anything that might be relevant to us I'd love to hear from you. (Personal stories, connections, details not publicly known, etc). Email me: comehomepodcast@gmail.com. We are in the info gathering stage, and could use your help getting this case the attention it deserves.

Thanks crew,

Scott, Nick, and Amy
ComeHome Podcast

Great to see you here, SB!!! :welcome:

Please let us know how we can help!

Thanks crew,

Scott, Nick, and Amy
ComeHome Podcast

So happy to see this!

Thanks crew,

Scott, Nick, and Amy
ComeHome Podcast

Thank you for doing this. Brian's disappearance has never stopped to evoke deep sadness in my heart, and it is my hope that some day we all may have closure about this case. I am simply glad that even though his parents aren't alive, there are still people out there who care about bringing closure to this case. This is encouraging and hopeful.

I don't know what you have explored so far, but I think it would be interesting where the LE stands regarding this case and if there is any new development at all. We haven't heard back from anyone working directly on this case.

Thank you for your focused effort.

In my haste I wrote "come home" as opposed to "come back" which is the correct name for the podcast, and the title of the Pearl Jam song that they played at the concert he had tickets for prior to disappearing to raise awareness of his case. . Correct info is as follows:

Comebackpodcast@gmail.com
Comebackpodcast.us

Feel free to email or find me in the Find Brian Shaffer group on FB.

Thanks again.

Scott Baumgardner

I'm new to this case (just read about it). I see a lot of posts here refer to a video. The thread is too long for me to find that video. Could someone please the said video for me?

And where is the account about Clint went to Brian's apartment for 6 hours? Thanks in advance.

Also (not sure if anyone mentioned), I was watching youtube "5 Unexplained Disappearances Caught On Camera & Spotted In Real Life!", one comment says this:

Carissa A. Thrush[FONT=&amp]8 months ago
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I know a girl who worked at the Ugly Tuna Saloona (Regarding the Brian Schaeffer case), and she said all the workers over the years since his disappearance have the common belief that he was put through the trash grinder in the back of the bar, which is why he is never shown leaving that bar on the camera. I guess this bar is set up strangely, and the trash grinder is not only huge, but is in its own special area of the bar, by itself, behind a door. I thought this was interesting[/FONT]

If that's the case, I'd still wonder what kind of connection did William Clint Florence had, as his refusal to take lie detector is very suspicious.

I'm new to this case (just read about it). I see a lot of posts here refer to a video. The thread is too long for me to find that video. Could someone please the said video for me?

And where is the account about Clint went to Brian's apartment for 6 hours? Thanks in advance.

Also (not sure if anyone mentioned), I was watching youtube "5 Unexplained Disappearances Caught On Camera & Spotted In Real Life!", one comment says this:
Carissa A. Thrush8 months ago
I know a girl who worked at the Ugly Tuna Saloona (Regarding the Brian Schaeffer case), and she said all the workers over the years since his disappearance have the common belief that he was put through the trash grinder in the back of the bar, which is why he is never shown leaving that bar on the camera. I guess this bar is set up strangely, and the trash grinder is not only huge, but is in its own special area of the bar, by itself, behind a door. I thought this was interesting

If that's the case, I'd still wonder what kind of connection did William Clint Florence had, as his refusal to take lie detector is very suspicious.

That's an awful thought. But I've never heard of a trash grinder large enough to fit a human in... eegads, I hate even thinking or writing this... :(

Re post of this very long interview with Brian's father, Randy Shaffer. At about the halfway mark he makes some interesting observations about the bar and surrounding area.

http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.c...64archive.html
Guest: Randy Shaffer
Father of missing "Brian Randall Shaffer"

It's so hard to read that interview. My heart goes out to Mr. Shaffer, and I can't imagine the pain he must have gone through during that time. I find it so ironic that he died two years after Brian went missing, and two years after his wife died of cancer. He must have woken up every day having one mission in mind -- to find his son. Can't imagine what it must have been like to see your son the day before he went missing, and have absolutely no idea where he is at or what happened to him. That's type of unknown that is capable of killing one's heart slowly and painfully. It must have been a surreal dream for him.

Not to digress here... but I had a few more things to share...

I watched an episode of a pig farmer in Canada that was butchering women and feeding them to his pigs. This started in 1997 and continued until '02-'03. There were numerous witnesses knowing of this very sick man slaughtering women and they simply refused to tell police of what they knew. I mean... this continued for YEARS, and it is believed that he killed 49 women and more than 5 witnesses who could have simply saved many lives by just calling the LE refused to cooperate. One of the even used the info to blackmail the killer to get drug money.

I don't want to go long... As I was watching the documentary, I was absolutely dumbfounded, angry and fascinated. HOW? How can a breathing, living human being with a brain not go to police with such info? HOW were they ok in letting this crazy person butcher so many? HOW these people were waking up every day, going about their day not thinking of this as anything of significance?

Now, about Brian's disappearance.

He disappeared in such a narrow window of time. Someone must have seen something. It it only ridiculous that no one claims to know anything. Yeah, right, very believable!

And you know, that person has had that knowledge for over a decade not thinking much of it, refusing to simply share their knowledge... Even the tiniest piece of info could have helped the police figure out what must have happened to Brian. And here we are, with absolutely nothing to go on. Back to square one. I just loathe the stagnant feeling of despair and hopelessness that this generates....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member