OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel especially depressed about Brian's disappearance today. Crazy how someone is alive and then there is nothing... life dissipated into nothing, with time, everything sinking into oblivion & becoming a surreal reality.

I feel especially depressed about Brian's disappearance today. Crazy how someone is alive and then there is nothing... life dissipated into nothing, with time, everything sinking into oblivion & becoming a surreal reality.

Yes it certainly makes you appreciate life. Brian is somewhere, I mean if he is no longer with us or if he's still alive he has got to be somewhere. He could be as close as ground zero or thousands of miles away. The crazy part is we may never know.

A new episode for The Podcast is now available. The beginning is a Memorial to Kevin Miles with Tony Luzio and Lori Davis. Then we discuss the last episode as well as give ya some spoilers.

Guys if you could take the time to sign and share our petition we would greatly appreciate it. $ 23,500 was privately funded from people that loved Brian as well as fundraisers including a Pearl Jam fundraiser by fans before a concert. Central Ohio Crime Stoppers “legally” stole that money. Think about it, who is ever going to talk now on Brian’s case with no reward. I’m going to be planning a fundraiser soon to raise a new reward. I guarantee it won’t be held by Crime Stoppers, it will be held in a Trust!! Here is the link to the petition https://www.change.org/p/the-presid...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

I get this way all the time. It’s the driving force behind me trying to find answers. I pray we do!!

I get this way all the time. It’s the driving force behind me trying to find answers. I pray we do!!

Speaking of finding answers, I can think of a question that to my knowledge has not been posed. Question for Alexis' father Tom Waggoner.

Mr. Waggoner, at one point you said that "The gist of my perspective on Clint Florence is that I think that basically all roads to making any progress on the case on Brian Shaffer lead through Clint Florence". What - other than perhaps Clint's hiring an attorney who advised Clint not to take a lie detector test - made you feel that way? Do you still feel that way today? Do you think Clint knows what caused Brian to disappear?

Looking4Brian,...Hello,.......They really stole the reward money? I guess they can't be trusted, and I believe the police have lied about an important detail in this case, so I don't trust them either. That leaves me with a problem; Since my retirement a few years ago, I began looking into these cases. I had no experience nor any expectations, but I prayed to ask God for help. Since then I've solved many cases, still a shock to my system,... and it continues. I've solved this case as well, but I don't trust the police so I'm stuck holding onto the answer to this mystery. Now that the reward money is gone, I'm wondering if it's worth the risk to myself and my family to tell what I've found. If anyone doesn't think there's a risk here, they're wrong. Most cases that I've resolved have very bad people involved, and they have already hurt someone so I'm sure they would again to avoid detection. Any way,..I'm stuck with the answer to this mystery, can't trust the police and the reward incentive has evaporated. I'll have to hang on to what I know,...... for lack of any other option currently...….Thanks,....Mark

Looking4Brian,...Hello,.......They really stole the reward money? I guess they can't be trusted, and I believe the police have lied about an important detail in this case, so I don't trust them either. That leaves me with a problem; Since my retirement a few years ago, I began looking into these cases. I had no experience nor any expectations, but I prayed to ask God for help. Since then I've solved many cases, still a shock to my system,... and it continues. I've solved this case as well, but I don't trust the police so I'm stuck holding onto the answer to this mystery. Now that the reward money is gone, I'm wondering if it's worth the risk to myself and my family to tell what I've found. If anyone doesn't think there's a risk here, they're wrong. Most cases that I've resolved have very bad people involved, and they have already hurt someone so I'm sure they would again to avoid detection. Any way,..I'm stuck with the answer to this mystery, can't trust the police and the reward incentive has evaporated. I'll have to hang on to what I know,...... for lack of any other option currently...….Thanks,....Mark

I think you have answered your own question. I’d say best to keep it to yourself. No reason to put yourself at risk.

There's no reason for any of us to believe you without proof.

If you managed to solve many cases and you are still fine, this one should be okay too!
Everyone can have a theory here, if it is not based on a known fact, just add that it is speculation in your opinion.
Hoping you will share what you think you know about the case here, very curious.
Does it involve a gambling or student debt, the mob,or perhaps a rejected lover?
Do you think Brian is alive, if not, where do you think he might be?
Thanks, imo, speculation.

If you managed to solve many cases and you are still fine, this one should be okay too!
Everyone can have a theory here, if it is not based on a known fact, just add that it is speculation in your opinion.
Hoping you will share what you think you know about the case here, very curious.
Does it involve a gambling or student debt, the mob,or perhaps a rejected lover?
Do you think Brian is alive, if not, where do you think he might be?
Thanks, imo, speculation.

Very well said but this man does not have a theory he "knows" for a fact what happened to Brian, but as he has said with out the reward money there is not much incentive.

The Reward is no longer available however any information you may have that could solve Brian’s case would be very much appreciated. It has been too many years with no answers. I understand your fear of getting involved but you could speak to police anonymously and give any information you have. I am a host of a podcast called Comeback which is an investigative series on Brian’s Disappearance. All of us here on this site are all about getting answers for Brian and you could share it here with us if you like with no judgement. It’s all about Brian and his family deserves answers.

What happened to Brian Shaffer? The evening/morning he disappeared, he was last seen in a building housing a bar, theatre, restaurant and space under construction.

Several hundred people entered the building that evening, all on tape. All but one - let's call him Person A - are also (per police) on tape leaving the building. How odd!

One person in the building that evening disappeared, forever. How odd! Over 12 years now. The last time that person was ever seen was at the entrance to the bar in the building. Let's call him Person B.

Now, what is REALLY odd is this. What are the chances that Person A, the one not seen to have left the building, and Person B, the one who permanently disappeared that night, are ONE AND THE SAME? Several hundred patrons/employees, yet Person A and Person B are one person, Person A/B (Brian Shaffer). That is statistically highly unlikely. What would make it seem less unlikely is a linkage between the disappearance and the departure from the building. If the seeming failure to depart the building is in some way linked to the disappearance, this is all less unlikely.

And how might the seeming failure to depart the building be linked to the disappearance? Well, the lead detective suggests that Person A/B - likely intoxicated - exited the 'heavily under construction' building via the area under construction described as 'completely dug up' and difficult to navigate even if sober. So the notion that Person A/B's disappearance may be linked to his attempting (as suggested by the lead detective) to exit the building via the construction area seems possible, and in the absence of any other good explanations (went to Margaritaville, engagement cold feet, his pal did him in, mugged but no body, SmileyFace, he was into something criminal, etc.) for his permanent disappearance, even probable.

Alas, the police say they searched (cough, cough, not a lot of detail on that) with dogs at some point, and he wasn't found in and thus isn't in the construction area.

Or is he?

gateway.jpeggateway.jpeg

What happened to Brian Shaffer? The evening/morning he disappeared, he was last seen in a building housing a bar, theatre, restaurant and space under construction.

Several hundred people entered the building that evening, all on tape. All but one - let's call him Person A - are also on tape leaving the building. Per police. How odd!

One person in the building that evening disappeared, forever. Over 12 years now. The last time that person was ever seen was at the entrance to the bar in the building. How odd! Let's call him Person B.

Now, what is REALLY odd is this. What are the chances that Person A, the one not seen to have left the building, and Person B, the one who permanently disappeared that night, are ONE AND THE SAME? Several hundred patrons/employees, yet Person A and Person B are one person (Brian Shaffer). That is statistically highly unlikely. What would make it seem less unlikely is a linkage between the disappearance and the departure from the building. If the seeming failure to depart the building is linked to the disappearance, this is all less unlikely.

And how might the seeming failure to depart the building be linked to the disappearance? Well, the lead detective suggests that Person A/B - likely intoxicated - exited the 'heavily under construction' building via the area under construction described as 'completely dug up' and difficult to navigate even if sober. So the notion that Person A/B's disappearance may be linked to his attempting (as suggested by the lead detective) to exit the building via the construction area seems possible, and in the absence of any other good explanations (went to Margaritaville, engagement cold feet, his pal did him in, he was into something criminal, etc.) for his permanent disappearance, even probable.

Alas, the police say they searched (not a lot of detail on that) with dogs at some point, and he wasn't and thus isn't in the construction area.

Or is he?

Thank you for this post. This very nicely explains a concept that I think is so crucial to this case. The simplest theory that ties all the unusual circumstances together in one package is a hidden accident in the construction zone. Occom’s razor would tell us this is by far the most likely thing that happened.

If you’re still doubting the construction accident theory, please go back and read itsrak’s post very carefully, and THINK about it.

If Brian found a way out that is not on camera, it's possible that other people may have come into the bar that same way and were never seen on camera. I've always thought that someone else is involved. Maybe someone who worked at the bar, but was not working that night came to hang out. A person that knew how to get in/out via alternate entrances. Also I've always wondered if maybe Brian went back with someone to the kitchen area and that's why he disappeared so quickly from the view of Clint and Meredith. I don't think whatever happened to him was that quick or on the premises. I think he left with someone for whatever reason.

Several hundred people entered the building that evening, all on tape. All but one - let's call him Person A - are also (per police) on tape leaving the building. How odd!

One person in the building that evening disappeared, forever. How odd! Over 12 years now. The last time that person was ever seen was at the entrance to the bar in the building. Let's call him Person B.

Now, what is REALLY odd is this. What are the chances that Person A, the one not seen to have left the building, and Person B, the one who permanently disappeared that night, are ONE AND THE SAME? Several hundred patrons/employees, yet Person A and Person B are one person, Person A/B (Brian Shaffer). That is statistically highly unlikely. What would make it seem less unlikely is a linkage between the disappearance and the departure from the building. If the seeming failure to depart the building is in some way linked to the disappearance, this is all less unlikely.

And how might the seeming failure to depart the building be linked to the disappearance? Well, the lead detective suggests that Person A/B - likely intoxicated - exited the 'heavily under construction' building via the area under construction described as 'completely dug up' and difficult to navigate even if sober. So the notion that Person A/B's disappearance may be linked to his attempting (as suggested by the lead detective) to exit the building via the construction area seems possible, and in the absence of any other good explanations (went to Margaritaville, engagement cold feet, his pal did him in, mugged but no body, SmileyFace, he was into something criminal, etc.) for his permanent disappearance, even probable.

Alas, the police say they searched (cough, cough, not a lot of detail on that) with dogs at some point, and he wasn't found in and thus isn't in the construction area.

Or is he?

View attachment 134209View attachment 134209

So I totally see your point about Brian being both A and B. I’ve thought of that myself but the one thing I’ve never been able to find out is what did this construction area look like? Assuming that concrete was being poured on Monday there is no way a body is going to get lost that way. Commercial floors are generally 4 to 6 inches deep, 6 if you are running forklifts. Then you also have rebar and wire mesh also. So if a person lays down on top of that they wouldn’t even sink in to any great degree. It would be like pouring concrete on a person who is laying on a floor.

That bottom floor area was massive. I can’t even imagine Brian walking that. We don’t even know if they had electricity wired up yet. If that is the case once he opened the door to walk in he’s going to see nothing but darkness. Most of the time guys will use generators to run heavy stuff like jack hammers and such and to rig a make shift light source. Too many unanswered question in my mind for anyone to assume he is somehow “buried” or stuck in some hole or wall etc.

So I totally see your point about Brian being both A and B. I’ve thought of that myself but the one thing I’ve never been able to find out is what did this construction area look like? Assuming that concrete was being poured on Monday there is no way a body is going to get lost that way. Commercial floors are generally 4 to 6 inches deep, 6 if you are running forklifts. Then you also have rebar and wire mesh also. So if a person lays down on top of that they wouldn’t even sink in to any great degree. It would be like pouring concrete on a person who is laying on a floor.

That bottom floor area was massive. I can’t even imagine Brian walking that. We don’t even know if they had electricity wired up yet. If that is the case once he opened the door to walk in he’s going to see nothing but darkness. Most of the time guys will use generators to run heavy stuff like jack hammers and such and to rig a make shift light source. Too many unanswered question in my mind for anyone to assume he is somehow “buried” or stuck in some hole or wall etc.

Yeah, I know. Lotta questions about the construction site, very little info available. We do know that Sgt. Hurst described it as 'completely dug up'. Not a bit dug up, completely dug up. That sounds more than a little scary. Especially if it was poorly lit or unlit (looks dark in there in there through the door in second photo below). It sound like piles of dirt, trenches, etc. I believe the 1st and 2nd photos below were taken in mid-April 2006 because the trees are leafing out, yet you can see that there's still a ton of work to be done before Sunflower Market opened in this space one level below the Ugly Tuna and behind Mad Mex which was directly below the Ugly Tuna 5 months later in mid-Sept. 2006 (see third photo, which shows Sunflower Market within a fews days of it's opening on 9/13/06. Note that this photo shows roughly the left half of the 1st photo).

gateway (1).jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 9.11.57 AM.png
sunflower_1.jpg

Yeah, I know. Lotta questions about the construction site, very little info available. We do know that Sgt. Hurst described it as 'completely dug up'. Not a bit dug up, completely dug up. That sounds more than a little scary. Especially if it was poorly lit or unlit (looks dark in there in there through the door in second photo below). It sound like piles of dirt, trenches, etc. I believe the 1st and 2nd photos below were taken in mid-April 2006 because the trees are leafing out, yet you can see that there's still a ton of work to be done before Sunflower Market opened in this space one level below the Ugly Tuna and behind Mad Mex which was directly below the Ugly Tuna 5 months later in mid-Sept. 2006 (see third photo, which shows Sunflower Market within a fews days of it's opening on 9/13/06. Note that this photo shows roughly the left half of the 1st photo).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So Det Hurst's comments about it being completely dug could mean the the whole entire bottom floor was basically dirt and it was being prepared for concrete to be laid. If that was the case then the walls would have to come after the floor. Again it's all speculation but there could have been not much more than support beams and tons of equipment. Too bad we don't have a pic or two. Thanks for the photos.

So here is a post from this site from back in 2009. Draw your own conclusion but I wonder if anyone here is familiar enough with the Gateway to also verify this back emergency door.

Could Possibly Be Drunk Posting
Blog Entries
This case has been bothering me for far too long. I live about oh.. 9 minutes from the the Ugly Tuna. Been there several times. There is a back 'emergency' exit and the alarm doesn't work. They open it quite often when the place gets crowded and hot. It's the ONLY way he could've left that bar. Someone had to see it, people stand behind the bar to smoke pot or whatever all of the time. I can't believe there's absolutely NO witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostKitty311