Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reference WHIO article, Dayton a human trafficking hub, Feb 2014

and the list

missing women, listed in the corridor
Brandy English 41
Amber Flack 30
Melinda Miller 47
Michelle urban 47
Amber Whitmer 30
Chelsey Coe 25

and now Lari Plumlee 51

Lari Plumlee I looked up, and there's zero information anyone's giving out. I believe she was listed missing somewhat late? LE's giving no information other than here's a picture of her and here's her plate number. I tried looking up FB friends of Lari and couldn't find any pleas. I can't make any conclusion on why she went missing based on so little.

Cheryl's circumstances are polar opposite to any human trafficking scenario. She had a husband that she was divorcing, coming home the night before from a vacation with the girlfriend and daughter. Cheryl had to show up to work Tuesday mornings and was routinely and religiously present for these mandatory work meetings. She never made it, but her car was abandoned and a dark hoodie guy is videoed walking away from her abandoned car and seen by multiple witnesses heading back towards Cheryl's house.

Reference WHIO article, Dayton a human trafficking hub, Feb 2014

and the list

missing women, listed in the corridor
Brandy English 41
Amber Flack 30
Melinda Miller 47
Michelle urban 47
Amber Whitmer 30
Chelsey Coe 25

and now Lari Plumlee 51

Those are the women mentioned in the article I posted and and referenced info from earlier. No one said they deserve this due to their checkered pasts, however, that article did mention the 3 main common factors of past drug abuse, homelessness, and prostitution. (Also, they all were from Middletown and one was from somewhere else.) Life changes or not, I don't believe there has been any speculation or evidence that pointed towards Cheryl taking part in any of those activities. We also know for sure that she wasn't homeless as she had a nice home and resided in Riverside with her family. I'm not seeing any major common threads here other than they are all missing from Ohio and are women.

I research stories about the missing persons cases, and the number of missing nation wide is sickening, I put the total blame for this problem on the police and prosecution, their lack of action, interest, just gives the evil in this world a green light to continue, justice is too slow...

I also blame today’s society, the majority of people today in my eyes are assholes, to them family and marriage are disposable, I believe in marriage and growing old together, thru the good times and bad, that’s what makes it strong..
These men like William with their childish ways and lack of morals , thinking happiness is gained by GF hopping, he’s a pig, I have zero respect for a man who will throw 19 years of marriage away because he thinks he’s 17 years old ..

and remember you don’t have to be homeless to be a victim of trafficking, it happens by manipulation unknowingly..

I research stories about the missing persons cases, and the number of missing nation wide is sickening, I put the total blame for this problem on the police and prosecution, their lack of action, interest, just gives the evil in this world a green light to continue, justice is too slow...

I also blame today’s society, the majority of people today in my eyes are assholes, to them family and marriage are disposable, I believe in marriage and growing old together, thru the good times and bad, that’s what makes it strong..
These men like William with their childish ways and lack of morals , thinking happiness is gained by GF hopping, he’s a pig, I have zero respect for a man who will throw 19 years of marriage away because he thinks he’s 17 years old ..

and remember you don’t have to be homeless to be a victim of trafficking, it happens by manipulation unknowingly..

You dont have to be homeless, no. What I said though was that women who are a combination of all three: homeless, abusing drugs and have been prostituting themselves (such as the missing women you brought up as a comparison to Cheryl) are at a higher risk for human trafficking than someone who works a normal/good 9-5, has a nice home and a family they are happy with. A certain amount of "grooming" or luring with things such as promises of protection, shelter, lucrative jobs, a brighter future, etc. are huge components of human trafficking cases. If one is already happy with their home and job and family, they are less likely to seek those things out, hence my belief that Cheryl is not a "prime candidate" for human trafficking.

Coupled with the fact that Riverside PD never made any remarks about that possibly being the case. I think, regardless of how we feel they have handled Cheryl's case, they have been very clear about what they feel happened to Cheryl and who is responsible.

Last edited:
Well after almost giving myself a brain tumor over trying to connect the dots over this case,I DO NOT believe LE has evidence that she is dead, until they show their hand I think there bluffing, I think back the Texas group was up searching over a month ago , the right church wrong pew crap, and it’s dropped, and I know the police bluff on certain cases to draw out the real suspect(s) , and I’m sorry if they think they have evidence she’s dead, then prosecute,

so the info they give the family is very uplifting, “ Cheryl’s presumed dead, but we will let our suspect carry on with his life, because we are too lazy to finish connecting the dots”

My Dad and I lived through this nightmare story with our case...

this is why the evil people ( and I use that word very loosely) , I have my description I use, do the things they do, every crime on the books, since LE really doesn’t care to solve since they know the prosecutors office drops the ball, our legal system sucks...

Well after almost giving myself a brain tumor over trying to connect the dots over this case,I DO NOT believe LE has evidence that she is dead, until they show their hand I think there bluffing, I think back the Texas group was up searching over a month ago , the right church wrong pew crap, and it’s dropped, and I know the police bluff on certain cases to draw out the real suspect(s) , and I’m sorry if they think they have evidence she’s dead, then prosecute,

so the info they give the family is very uplifting, “ Cheryl’s presumed dead, but we will let our suspect carry on with his life, because we are too lazy to finish connecting the dots”

this is why the evil people ( and I use that word very loosely) , I have my description I use, do the things they do, every crime on the books, since LE really doesn’t care to solve since they know the prosecutors office drops the ball, our legal system sucks...
On the flip side Tim, my sister in law went missing several years ago and her remains were found 2 years later. It was another 3 years before the perp was convicted of her murder and he is now on death row. Not all cases are like hers, not all cases are like your family's. Every case is different. Some are found, some aren't. Some are solved, some aren't. There is no way of knowing what LE is doing behind the scenes or how much evidence they do or don't have. I'm personally holding out hope that Cheryl will be found and justice will be served.

Last edited:

I suspect they might be bluffing too, always have. And that's a tactic, too and sometimes it smokes people out. It obviously smoked nobody out in this case. It's also a tactic to lie, as LE has a right to do in order to bring forth the truth. I'm sure it's extremely frustrating to some in law enforcement that this case is stalled. This is why I strongly believe that they need to hand this over to new detectives and start over. Who knows, maybe they're in the process of doing this, maybe this case is shelved, maybe maybe maybe. I'm a little pissed that there's silence from every corner of this case and it screams complacency, so I share your anger.

Where's the reward $$ for information in this case? Not that it always provides answers, but there's a comfort that comes with it that getting justice for Cheryl is a priority.

Her extramarital open situation with William (whatever you want to call it) really threw in a few wrenches that derailed the seriousness of this early on.

The silience from all sides is very frustrating, there are days I just want to have the same attitude they have, “who gives a crap”..........I still think they act like Cheryl died on 2 oct, had a funeral, burial , put up a tombstone that states “ you’ve been replaced”

and yes the police are bluffing , but to get the academy award , they bring in the Texas group for some drama........and if the right church , wrong pew statement only gives the family false hope, plus it’s hard when the family started a new chapter without her....

look at the Kettering case of Lari, dead silience starting on day 2...WTF.......they announce it to the public, then it turns into Lari...who......

and yes the open marriage B/S in the beginning set the tone and pace

look at the farce and yes it’s a farce, the family they arrested for the Pike Cty murders, these individuals will die from old age in jail before their trials, talk about a prosecution team asleep at the wheel......good grief.......

A post above mentioned that LE is working behind the scenes, when I see that statement after I stop laughing ........yeah,when I drive around, I see a Riverside PD patrol parked in the abandoned drive through at the old Capital cleaners building, now abandoned...killing time......do something productive......like how about REinterviewing everyone involved in the Coker case......our tax dollars at work good job.....guys...

The silience from all sides is very frustrating, there are days I just want to have the same attitude they have, “who gives a crap”..........I still think they act like Cheryl died on 2 oct, had a funeral, burial , put up a tombstone that states “ you’ve been replaced”

and yes the police are bluffing , but to get the academy award , they bring in the Texas group for some drama........and if the right church , wrong pew statement only gives the family false hope, plus it’s hard when the family started a new chapter without her....

look at the Kettering case of Lari, dead silience starting on day 2...WTF.......they announce it to the public, then it turns into Lari...who......

and yes the open marriage B/S in the beginning set the tone and pace

look at the farce and yes it’s a farce, the family they arrested for the Pike Cty murders, these individuals will die from old age in jail before their trials, talk about a prosecution team asleep at the wheel......good grief.......

A post above mentioned that LE is working behind the scenes, when I see that statement after I stop laughing ........yeah,when I drive around, I see a Riverside PD patrol parked in the abandoned drive through at the old Capital cleaners building, now abandoned...killing time......do something productive......like how about REinterviewing everyone involved in the Coker case......our tax dollars at work good job.....guys...

That "right church, wrong pew" statement is ridiculous. If you're searching in the right church, you're damn close and you continue working and call in the A team and cadaver dogs and keep going because you've got a legit lead and you're confident in a payout. Making a statement like this and then packing up and leaving and going silent means that you were unsuccessful in this area and are not confident to proceed.

In regards to Riverside patrol car parked at an abandoned building...cops are assigned zones and they're tied to them -- so I guess we should be grateful that LE is everywhere. They also park unoccupied police vehicles as decoys to discourage nefarious behavior.

Wyome, you hit the nail on the head, I thought exactly the same thing, when this a Texas group made that church childish comment, they gave the impression to the family and the public, “ by golly, we are about to break open the case “, then walk away and go back to their worlds..

I know what I am going to say might piss some people off, but I think the Texas group came up as a symbolic gesture to mark the one year anniversary of her disappearance, and fund raising for their cause, which to me does not impress me..

also I have to vent this, the Montegomery County Proescutors office is asleep at the wheel with Cheryl’s case, did they take a secret oath of silience down there, tie a string around their pinky fingers and shake, what makes this weird is the woman from a Kettering, Lari , just happens to be in Montegomery County, go figure, The public hasn’t heard so much as a peep since Lari, disappeared, why the silience in these two cases, plus that list of women I listed that are missing a few posts ago, all reside in , guess where, Montegomery County,

does anyone else see something kinda weird here, all these cases , and total silience,
As I add this up 2 + 2 = 5 , are they doing anything, and with the holiday season in full swing , nothing will happen until spring of 2020.....

I'm with you on this one, Tooltime. I am very pro-law enforcement, but there have been gross mistakes in this case and it frustrates me to no end.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, but the investigative team on Cheryl's behalf was too young and too green, and then went too cocky in their interviews. They lost valuable time in the early days of the investigation imo.

As far as the Texas group searching, God love them and I am grateful for their attempt. But the right church, wrong pew comment I'm still on record as saying is ridiculous. Either LE is guiding this per pertinent information, or they're not. They're grasping at straws imo, and should hand this case over to another set of eyes.

And the family should be more outspoken and outraged. This is probably the strangest case I've followed where it appears everyone across the board is resigned and still.

Even the media doesn't care anymore, except for anniversary stories and balloon releases and fluff pieces that go nowhere.

Was anyone in LE ever able to even get a formal interview with William lol? Besides the over-the-top affidavit where he smears his wife and practically calls her pole dancing sleeze, there's been no formal declaration that he's even answered ANY tough questions directly from LE. Oh wait, they declared him their only suspect....so fat chance they will be successful moving forward.

Thanks for the rant. Cheryl, we're with you. May God lead us to you.

Some of those missing seem rough around the edges. Less press for sure.
In researching as Mr. Tim requested.
One of the named missing was helping investigators on a unsolved murder case of one of her friends. Her friend was not on the above post of missing names. See Link, below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw2dttLRnNy_E4j4gFCIkAUr&ampcf=1
Please alert me if link doesn't open

Did Cheryl have information that could have favored her in her Divorce?
Was she silenced?
I do believe we do not have all the evidence LE has obtained.
Oh how I would love to look at her file.
I am not seeing or JMO human trafficking. But I could go with a serial killer possibly.

I did some research , the two women that are from Clark and Bulter Counties, but since the prosecution determined the crimes occurred in The I-70/I-75 corridor , which is Montegomery County, unless a change of venue is okey by the courts..Montegomery Counties plate is full , then to add to the plate, we had a 30 year veteran of the Dayton Police on loan to the DEA , was part of a team issuing a court order the when he was shot in the face, he is in Grandview Hospital in a medically induced coma, in grave condition,he’s strong and Gods on his side, the four who did this are in custody...the local area around here is getting dangerous, even going to the mall you have to use the buddy system, nice for holiday season...

the last post mentions the theory of a serial killer, sometimes I wonder, look at the list of missing women, the ages , and like the last case Lari, the silience from LE..

Question , is it possible, with the Coker case the open marriage issue, is it possible that they crossed paths with the bad people killing these women, how many men did Cheryl encounter ? How many women has William been through?
Maybe LE is secretly investigating these cases to look for similarities , if any , in cases like this each individuals lifestyle exposed them to danger, probably in the most unlikely way.....is it possible a third party was waiting at the Coker residence that fateful day, someone they both knew in that dark world where they were playing, and Cheryl left with that third party , either willingly or unwillingly.....

Were those two in an open marriage officially or has that just been the term we have been using for two people who may have just been knowingly having affairs simultaneously? And if so, in what capacity so to speak? Open marriage as in only seeing others who are also in open relationships of their own? Single people? Swingers? Polyamorous? Only choosing from a certain group of like-minded people or anyone was always fair game? It's hard to tell from the outside looking in as generally, with those other scenarios, whatever else is going on in addition to the marriage usually does not end with the demise of the marriage and the other partner continuing on with one of the additional parties/3rd parties instead.

Was there ever any clarification on what type of relationship or arrangement/agreement they had?

Were those two in an open marriage officially or has that just been the term we have been using for two people who may have just been knowingly having affairs simultaneously? And if so, in what capacity so to speak? Open marriage as in only seeing others who are also in open relationships of their own? Single people? Swingers? Polyamorous? Only choosing from a certain group of like-minded people or anyone was always fair game? It's hard to tell from the outside looking in as generally, with those other scenarios, whatever else is going on in addition to the marriage usually does not end with the demise of the marriage and the other partner continuing on with one of the additional parties/3rd parties instead.

Was there ever any clarification on what type of relationship or arrangement/agreement they had?

That's a really good question but tricky to answer.

William & GF claimed it was an open marriage. I believe both of them claimed that Cheryl asked GF to "spend time with her husband" to occupy his time.

LE has confirmed that there were multiple people in the marriage that they were investigating. But none of them were given even a POI status, other than William.
And I do hope that is based on concrete evidence and not blinders.

Cheryl's SIL confirmed she was in the process of dating again, and said she even checked a couple of Cheryl's favorite hangouts before panicking that she was missing.

I do find it extremely disturbing that no one in the family (and she attended a wedding the weekend prior to her disappearance), not even the older daughter or any close family mentioned to LE early on that she just filed for divorce. Perhaps the SIL that knew she was "putting herself out there again" wasn't one of the very early ones to address LE? Maybe she knew she was dating other people but didn't know they were divorcing (hence, the open marriage thing?).

It seems Cheryl kept this divorce filing secret from almost everyone, except for the work buddies, whose texts later came to light.

The affidavits from her husband and girlfriend are extremely self-serving if you read them: Cheryl's sexual appetite is so great she asks GF to date her husband so he's not lonely. William and GF resist for a while, but Cheryl insists, because she's apparently entertaining other men? They're all really good friends after a time, and even meet up at the same watering holes, and William and GF describe to LE that she was would bring home random people and be anything but discreet in the backyard in front of them.

It's not easy to reconcile "both sides" of this equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist