GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:phone: ... :911:

I found two Links for the 911 calls. The first Link is a video interview of the young woman who took her father-in-law with her to the doctor's house. This one I had not seen before.

The second Link - video would not work - but there are brief transcripts of two calls - one being the call from the father-in-law described above.

Both are great news items!

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012208040301

Investigation of Pataskala woman's death: According to a 10TV investigation, women in the past have complained of altercations with the doctor who lives in the home that was searched by police in connection with the death of Deanna Ballman of Pataskala.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_18913.shtml

"Multiple calls" to home searched after pregnant woman was found dead

Dispatcher: "911 what's your emergency?"

Caller: "Um, yes I came to a gentleman's house and he accosted me and um we met off of craislist that should just... do I need to be transfered to the police or?"

Dispatch: "Are you still at the residence?"

Caller: "Yes... if you could just send a cruiser."

That's just one 911 call made from the same home searched on Turner Close, a cul-de-sac in New Albany.

I know, none of the woman that answered ads and reported conflicts with the dr. seem to have mentioned a woman living in the house.
<snipped>

I've been thinking about your post ... I went back to review the 911 calls and article to refresh my mind and the link is "unavailable" right now, but I think you are correct - no woman was mentioned as living or being in the house. But, if the female is involved in something criminal or illegal, she probably only shows up on an "as needed" basis. IMO.
<snipped>

:mad:

Originally Posted by Leomoon80
The NG Show (with Jean C?) said that the mother talked to Deeanna last about 3PM or so. Does anyone confirm that time of day......or did anyone hear the exact time mother talked with Deeanna?

Leomoon80 ... I told you last night I thought it was around 8:00 p.m. Tue, but I was mistaken ... I found two Links and both of them refer to Deanna's call to her mother being made in the "evening," so that's where my "8:00 p.m." came from.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...Id=100020825&docId=l:1718314808&isSearch=true

Lori Ballman said Deanna phoned from the job on Tuesday evening and said she felt ill. But the call disconnected before she could say more. James Ballman, Deanna's brother, said his mother thought she heard scuffling and a woman shouting on the phone.

Lori Ballman reported the incident to the New Albany police. Less than two hours later, about 10 p.m., she reported the disappearance to the Pataskala police as well.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31329870/detail.html

Relatives said Ballman had gone to do a housecleaning job she found through Craigslist on Tuesday. Her mother said Ballman called Tuesday evening from the job and said she felt dizzy. But the call disconnected before she could say more, Lori Ballman said.

When she didn't return home, her mom called the police, and reported her missing.

:please: Dear God.

Are there any Facebook pages for this case?

Surely folks in the area may know a few things about this doctor. I'd like to hear the scoop on him in general.

Has he spoken publicly at all or given a media statement or similar?

I'm definitely open-minded that he could be completely innocent, so I'm not trying to slam him for being the target of a search warrant. It's just so quiet! I'd like to hear a bit about him.

i have only seen her fb...i havent heard of any public prayer type pages...good idea tho

I think she was given some type of poison to her system Something made her sick! She told her mom she felt ill ......over the telephone.

I don't think it was the pregnancy that made her sick, but an outer catalyst.

Excuse me, I'm only 2 pages into the topic, but I had to say something...

"He wanted to just draw the digestive system on me," she said. "I brought my father-in-law with me but (the homeowner) asked him to leave."

That's a quote from one of the women who has come forward to talk about the doctor. I felt the need to point out that this reminded me slightly of one of the plot lines from Dexter, where another serial killer draws on women before killing them. In that case I think he was drawing like a butcher (as in, cuts of meat *barf*) but that part really stuck out to me. Pardon me if I'm repeating anyone else.

Now that I'm totally through this topic...WOW. What a tragedy. I am so brokenhearted for her family.

I'd like to keep an open mind, but it will take a lot to convince me that doctor is not involved somehow. Too many things point his direction.

:wave:

Any news out there to report?? From anyone??

:)
Hi SoBeCzar, If you live in the area where this tragedy happened, maybe you will hear some more news. I check several online sources almost daily trying to find any items noteworthy that can be posted here at WS. I wish the media would do more investigative reporting on this.

I'm not too far. I read the local (Columbus) news. If I see anything, I'll post it.

KateB previously posted Deanna's facebook - Post #6. I am bringing it forward for anyone who has not read it, or for anyone who would like to read it again. She certainly seemed to be a fine young woman - Lots of love and affection shown in her facebook pages.

https://www.facebook.com/deanna.ballman

:)

I just read it today and as I recall it was around 8:00 p.m when Deanna talked to her mother to tell her she was not well. I remember thinking what odd hours for her to be working as a maid in a household.
I will look for the link!

Yes Her mother saw her when she dropped off the kids around 3:30 and then received a call from her at 8 pm.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...314808&isRss=true&Em=4&md5=&sendDate=20120804

Quote:
"Lori Ballman said Deanna phoned from the job on Tuesday evening and said she felt ill. But the call disconnected before she could say more. James Ballman, Deanna's brother, said his mother thought she heard scuffling and a woman shouting on the phone.
Lori Ballman reported the incident to the New Albany police. Less than two hours later, about 10 p.m., she reported the disappearance to the Pataskala police as well."

This states the mother called LE at 10 pm and that it was less than 2 hrs after the phone call she received from Deanna saying she didn't feel well.

Deanna has an old myspace, no crazy sad stuff, i find Myspace, i know its not used much, but it was was a time when people -were more honest/innocent/ did'nt know the cops would look.
http://www.myspace.com/jillyweed

Yes Her mother saw her when she dropped off the kids around 3:30 and then received a call from her at 8 pm.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...314808&isRss=true&Em=4&md5=&sendDate=20120804

Quote:
"Lori Ballman said Deanna phoned from the job on Tuesday evening and said she felt ill. But the call disconnected before she could say more. James Ballman, Deanna's brother, said his mother thought she heard scuffling and a woman shouting on the phone.
Lori Ballman reported the incident to the New Albany police. Less than two hours later, about 10 p.m., she reported the disappearance to the Pataskala police as well."

This states the mother called LE at 10 pm and that it was less than 2 hrs after the phone call she received from Deanna saying she didn't feel well.

Carrying this over so we all know mom spoke to her twice. Once at 3:30 and again around 8pm.

:dunno:

Oh, my. It does sound like she was drugged and then killed before 10-10:30ish. That's just mho, not reported anywhere.

I have a huge question! The mom said she called the cops after the call from her daughter broke off. Did the cops try to investigate then at all? Surely they would have gone to the Dr's house to see what the call was all about?

That is my theory also - that something went wrong at the doctor's house after drugging Deanna on Tuesday evening, and she was killed and disposed of in an attempted cover-up. IMO

We have not had any news reports that I am aware of that there was any responses from LE to the calls from the mom on Tuesday evening. Deanna's mom reported she had called both the New Albany and Pataskala Police Departments to let them know of her daughter's distress and later her being missing.

Earliest reports of LE involvement was Wednesday morning when the farmer called in to LE the discovery of Deanna's vehicle parked on his property around or before 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

The silence on this time frame when initial contact was made with LE does seem strange. If that had been a member of my family, I would have been waiting at home for a report from them or camped at a police department. I wish we had access to a police report or the police logs to know how those calls on Tuesday evening were handled, if at all.

And why didn't the media follow up??

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...&isSearch=true

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...70/detail.html

Earliest reports of LE involvement was Wednesday morning when the farmer called in to LE the discovery of Deanna's vehicle parked on his property around or before 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

The silence on this time frame when initial contact was made with LE does seem strange. If that had been a member of my family, I would have been waiting at home for a report from them or camped at a police department. I wish we had access to a police report or the police logs to know how those calls on Tuesday evening were handled, if at all.

Exactly. Maybe I'm missing something, but do we know if friends or family members were out looking for her? That seems like the next logical direction her mother would have gone in. She had the children with her (correct?) so she might not have been able to go out and drive around much herself. I know that whether or not anyone was looking for her before Wednesday morning is kinda moot point now, but I'd still like to know.

Off topic, but I remember when I was a young child and a distant cousin/close friend went missing (never came home one night after a trip to a nearby town). Her husband waited for her to get home (it was in the days before cell phones), then went driving around looking for her, and then showed up at our house at 1am asking my dad to help him find her. LE had been called but of course they didn't show up until the next day. They spent all of one day looking for her and then late the next evening (approx 24 hours after disappearing) my dad and one of the sheriff's deputies discovered her body. -- All that to say, I can't imagine that SOMEONE wasn't out looking for Deanna on Tuesday night.

Exactly. Maybe I'm missing something, but do we know if friends or family members were out looking for her? That seems like the next logical direction her mother would have gone in. She had the children with her (correct?) so she might not have been able to go out and drive around much herself. I know that whether or not anyone was looking for her before Wednesday morning is kinda moot point now, but I'd still like to know.

IRDNK if friends or family members were searching or if they even knew what route she would have driven, surely they had the doctor's address ... but her vehicle was found in a rural area in a nearby county and it would have probably been late at night before they realized there might be a need to drive around and look for her, if they had a friend or family member willing.

Yes, her mother had the children ... and Deanna had a brother and grandmother in the vicinity ... I have the impression they don't all live together, bit I could be wrong.

I would still like to know also if there was any attempt by LE to even go to the doctor's house to look for her Tuesday night, especially based on the number of LE related incidents from the doctor's address.

:frown:

I haven't heard anything about the family having the address of where she was working.
I don't think they had the address.

Can't find a link (they just update the same article now.) But IIRC, there was info on the local news, either the night she came up missing or early the next morning. I heard about it BEFORE they found her car. FWIW.

Not sure about which LE would have followed up. Mom called Pataskala and New Albany. DCSO is the LE that responded about the car.

JMO, HTH etc.

:waitasec:

mikkismom, that's new info ... that you heard about this on the news the evening she came up missing (Tuesday) or early next morning before they found the car.

Do you know which news channel you would have been listening to for late news on Tuesday night?? We might be able to get a link ... which could let us know if LE did act on the calls from Deanna's mom on Tuesday night.

jjenny .... I really don't know if Deanna's mom had the doctor's address ... that's why I said "surely her mom had the address" in my previous post -- but, haven't seen a link for verification.

I just can't imagine Deanna going off to work to a stranger's house without giving the address to her mother. Prayers for her two little children :please:

:waitasec:

mikkismom, that's new info ... that you heard about this on the news the evening she came up missing (Tuesday) or early next morning before they found the car.

Do you know which news channel you would have been listening to for late news on Tuesday night?? We might be able to get a link ... which could let us know if LE did act on the calls from Deanna's mom on Tuesday night.

jjenny .... I really don't know if Deanna's mom had the doctor's address ... that's why I said "surely her mom had the address" in my previous post -- but, haven't seen a link for verification.

I just can't imagine Deanna going off to work to a stranger's house without giving the address to her mother. Prayers for her two little children :please:

It would have been either WBNS (channel 10) or WCMH (channel 4). It would have been the 11:00 news (which I would have been half-listening to) or on the web first thing in the morning. (Can only guess...I have insomnia lately so my times are messed up)

ETA: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/aug/01/19/woman-found-dead-along-delaware-county-road-ar-1123538/

Some of the comments reflect that she had been reported missing the day before. Still looking...

Maybe the police have more evidence because of some contact they had, and that's why we aren't hearing about it. If the police attempted to ask the doctor what was up and nobody answered the door, etc, they might not put that in the news.

Maybe everyone left the house immediately, and no cars were at the residence or something. I hope they really did try to follow up! I'd consider the call enough for a look into the house, myself, if that were possible legally.

They have to know a lot about what happened, imho. I think it may just be a matter of time before someone is arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokerhyme
Back