GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great News!!!

I have been looking too ... back later with a post!

It would have been either WBNS (channel 10) or WCMH (channel 4). It would have been the 11:00 news (which I would have been half-listening to) or on the web first thing in the morning. (Can only guess...I have insomnia lately so my times are messed up)

ETA: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/aug/01/19/woman-found-dead-along-delaware-county-road-ar-1123538/

Some of the comments reflect that she had been reported missing the day before. Still looking...

I have found bits N pieces of news articlesthat seem to indicate the investigation may have begun on Tuesday night.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...314808&isRss=true&Em=4&md5=&sendDate=20120804

Friday, August 3, 2012

Lori Ballman reported the incident to the New Albany police. Less than two hours later, about 10 p.m., she reported the disappearance to the Pataskala police as well.

Police entered descriptions of her and her car into a national database that alerted other agencies to her disappearance, said Pataskala police Chief Bruce Brooks.

On Wednesday morning, Pataskala police contacted Deanna Ballman's cellphone company and began a search of where she was when she last used her phone. <snipped>

<snipped>searchers from law-enforcement agencies in Franklin and Licking counties, including a Columbus police helicopter and a dive team, fanned out to look for the 23-year-old Ballman, Brooks said.

<snipped> and BBM

Another Bit N Piece

Deanna's mother was doing as much as she could to get an investigation started Tuesday night!! We have learned in my previous post, and the link provided by mikkismom, that LE had already begun the investigation before Deanna's car was found Wednesday around noon.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/01/womanxs-body-found.html

Ballman’s family, meanwhile, was reeling from the loss today. <snipped>
“It hasn’t really hit me all the way yet,” said her 19-year-old brother, James Ballman of Buckeye Lake.

Lori Ballman went to the Pataskala Police Department and reported her daughter missing just after 10 p.m. Tuesday. She said that Deanna Ballman was wearing blue jeans and a blue T-shirt and was possibly in the New Albany area. She’d been gone since 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, her mother reported. She told police that Deanna’s Ford Taurus had Colorado plates.

Deanna and her children had been back all of two weeks, James Ballman said, when she died.

Scanning through the posts, I have a few corrections. First, I didn't see the case before body was found but did notice that several articles I had read were "updated" with body info so this was being reported before body was found. Second, this is a pretty decent neighborhood where the doctor lives so she may not have thought of telling mom address. I wouldn't think twice about going there on my own to purchase/sell something on Craigslist(and I'm a 41 year old woman). Houses in that neighborhood range from 300,000-600,000 and it's very upscale compared to rural pataskala where she lived. Also, the crime here is non existent so a naive girl looking to make a few bucks doing who knows what, would feel very comfortable going to almost any house in the town alone. It is extremely family oriented town and very very very few single men or woman live in any of the subdivisions. I'm sure there's plenty of divorced people but it is very RARE for a single guy with no kids to live in a subdivision here. Third and most importantly, the doctor that everyone keeps saying has a woman living there is NOT the right doctor. There's 3 doctors on that street. Hell, half of the town is a doctor of some sort! The doctor with the initials D.S. is the wrong house. He does live with his wife and kids and own a small urgent care in town. I really hope the rumors have not hurt his business. The man who is the suspect has the initials A.S. and definitely does not live with a woman.

Is he DS) a doctor?

Yes. He is a very well known dr in town so when people heard "a dr on turner close", people immediately thought of D.S. The suspect(A.S.) is not really known around town other than by his neighbors who have witnessed odd behavior for years.

Yes. He is a very well known dr in town so when people heard "a dr on turner close", people immediately thought of D.S. The suspect(A.S.) is not really known around town other than by his neighbors who have witnessed odd behavior for years.

I meant "AS" sorry, ...got them confused.:maddening:

Did we ever get further clarification that Deanna had actually already been to the Dr's residence once before?.. As in this would have been deanna's second contact with the Dr and his home?..

I've not seen anything further about this but know it was being reported as such.. IMO it would definitely make sense as obviously the man had several failed attempts when "attempting something' on the women's first, initial contact with the Dr in his home after replying to his Craigslist ad.. So, I could definitely see him revising his scheme and using the initial first contact to somewhat gain the woman's trust so she'd atleast likely somewhat have her guard down on her subsequent visit to the home.. Kwim?

So was there any further information about Deanna having already been there once?

Strange it's been very quiet on this case with little to no news that I have heard.
So many of them now, just quietly seem to die a slow death, never to be heard from again. Too many actually!

Strange it's been very quiet on this case with little to no news that I have heard.
So many of them now, just quietly seem to die a slow death, never to be heard from again. Too many actually!

this case especially! i didint even hear about it until on nancy grace one month after it happened!

with all of the previous cl run-ins that this doc has had in the past i would think there would be more going on...

do you have all the dobs for this case?

Have just read through this whole case....yes I have noticed in alot of the comments in the news articles that people are getting upset because alot of people are commenting that it is the doctor DS who is the suspect but the suspect is AS.

He is not a US citizen, obviously middle eastern by his name, the police have been there numerous times because of what he attempts to do to women who answer his ads, a nurse also dobbed in him for something dodgy with his work ethics and still this guy has been allowed to do as he wants!!

The police should have been watching this chauvinistic nut job, but I wont blame them as I am sure they are busy as.

But now he kills a nine month pregnant woman!!! This has literally made me sick and very angry.

Probably because here in australia we have a case of a dodgy doctor..........Dr Jayden Patel, who by the way went to the US to work!!(he has been dragged back here for his second trial) who was allowed to operate as a doctor but was so bad that numerous people received extremely bad medical service that 4 died (numerous others have been maimed)

I think we will be shocked when women come forward to tell just what this PIG wants them to do.

Thanks for the info Newalbany.
I hope there is an arrest soon. It's a shame there isn't more movement.

:) :) From across the Pacific Ocean!

revampz, thank you for your post! Yes, this person does seem to be a nut job and worse! So sorry to hear about the horribly sad case with the doctor there in Australia who is so bad that he has killed four people and maimed numerous others!!

Oh, I think the police are watching him now, see the news from link below ... we wish that someone had taken him down before Deanna was murdered.

Have just read through this whole case ... the <snipped> suspect is A.S.

He is not a US citizen, obviously middle eastern by his name, the police have been there numerous times because of what he attempts to do to women who answer his ads, a nurse also dobbed in him for something dodgy with his work ethics and still this guy has been allowed to do as he wants!!

The police should have been watching this chauvinistic nut job, but I wont blame them as I am sure they are busy as.

But now he kills a nine month pregnant woman!!! This has literally made me sick and very angry. I think we will be shocked when women come forward to tell just what this PIG wants them to do.

<snipped> and BBM

Doug Sandholdt, who lives near the home on Turner Close Drive, said that residents were concerned.

“It’s been never-wracking,” Sandholdt said. “This is a neighborhood with a lot of kids. Usually, the street is full of kids, <snipped> The kids just aren’t out right now. Everyone’s got their doors locked, the blinds are down. We’re just waiting for this to come to an end.”
Neighbors said that they had been monitoring the resident’s every move – calling police when he steps in and out of his house.
<snipped> and BBM

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...n-connection-with-pregnant-mothers-death.html

Since Deanna was leaving her children with her mother there is a good chance she told her mother the address. Even though it is a nice neighborhood where the Dr lives it is still common practice to let someone know exactly where you will be. Especially when you are leaving your children, you're alone and pregnant.

:rose: :rose:

If you will Click on the Link, there is a beautiful photograph of Deanna on her Memorial Page. I posted this Memorial Page earlier in the thread when Deanna's Inurnment, with full military honors, was held. The Guest Book for Deanna is also available from the Link and includes on-line guest comments.

http://www.hoskinsonfuneral.com/lif...tName=Deanna+Darnell+&LastName=Ballman+Huston

In Loving Memory
Deanna Darnell Ballman Huston
June 28, 1989 ~~ July 31, 2012

MY LIFESTORY
:rose:

Deanna Darnell Ballman Huston, 23, of Pataskala, formerly of Hebron, died unexpectedly on July 31, 2012, along with her unborn daughter, Mabel Lily Huston, in Delaware County, Ohio. Deanna was born in Newark on June 28, 1989, the daughter of Timothy Ballman of Hebron and Lori (Worthey) Ballman of Pataskala. She was a 2007 graduate of Lakewood H.S. and C-TEC, and served honorably in the Colorado National Guard for 6 years. She was in the process of transferring to the Ohio National Guard at the time of her death Deanna was a devoted mother and enjoyed her military service.

In addition to her parents, she is survived by her husband Mark L. Huston II of Colorado Springs, Co., her two children Mark III and Marie Huston of Pataskala, step-daughter Raven Huston of Newark, sister Cynthia (Brian) Skoda of Newark, brother James Ballman of Buckeye Lake, grandmother Sigrid Ballman of Hebron, In-laws Mark and Diana Huston of Newark and sister-in-law Roseanna Huston of Columbus; along with aunts, uncles, nephews and friends.

The family will receive friends on Thursday, August 9, 2012 from 5-8 P.M. at the Kirkersville home of The Hoskinson Funeral & Cremation Service, 285 E Main St in Kirkersville, where a service of memory will follow at 8 P.M.

Inurnment, with full military honors will follow on Saturday, August 11, 2012, at 10:00 A.M. at Newark Memorial Gardens. A military convoy will form at the funeral home at 9:30 A.M.

HOSKINSON Funeral & Cremation Service, Kirkersville, is honored to care for the Ballman and Huston families.

An on-line guest register and video tribute to Deanna are available at www.hoskinsonfuneral.com

:eek:hwow:

Sounds like you know the area and maybe doctor A.S. Do you have any current news you can share about the case??

<snipped>
The man who is the suspect has the initials A.S. and definitely does not live with a woman.

---------------------------

Is it possible a woman, age 52, may also live in that house? An address search gave me another name connected to that address. Do we know if it's been reported a couple lives there?

It appears a 52-yr old female does reside at the same home address as the doctor. Also, the female and the doctor are shown as contacts for one another. Much more info is available on internet if doctor's name is provided as a suspect in MSM.

Someone else mentioned there is a woman's name associated with the same address as the Dr. in question. This is true if you look up his address you will find a woman listed at this address too. <snipped>

Neighbors say the doctor has behaved strangely since his home was first searched on August 2, allegedly hiding in bushes and exiting his home only through the back door. Doug Sandholdt told ABC 6/FOX 28 he has long-held concerns about the doctor's behavior, saying neighbors have "seen women coming in and out of the house, two to three at a time."

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shar...home-searched-again-ballman-probe-18961.shtml

:eek:hwow:

Sounds like you know the area and maybe doctor A.S. Do you have any current news you can share about the case??

---------------------------

There has been nothing at all about this story in the news. I think they're waiting on toxicology. I don't know A.S at all. I do know D.S. casually(not friends or anything) and it sucks that he is under a cloud of suspicion by the community due to the fact that only very vague clues about the suspect were released to media.

Editing to add one more thing...A.S. is approximately 43 years old while D.S. is 53. I would assume D.S. wife is around that age too.

But A.S. was the doctor at that particular address...correct? There was a woman's name connected to A.S. and that address via internet searches. She may not live there though.

But A.S. was the doctor at that particular address...correct? There was a woman's name connected to A.S. and that address via internet searches. She may not live there though.

Is the address you're using start with 5077? And are the initials of the woman LB? There was a woman living there before him. The property transferred ownership in 2007.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayaanie
Back