GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what I saw, and if not the correct ad, please moderator, just delete for me:

Any pregnant girl in need of help? - m4w - 32 (New Albany)
Date: 2012-07-30, 12:51PM EDT
Reply to: bzqcj-3172517092@pers.craigslist.org

If you are in need of help, contact me now.
No drama please and be open minded.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3172517092
I'm wondering if she answered an ad like this and not a cleaning ad. Maybe she told her mom she was going to clean.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cas/3172517092.html

This was in the Colombus Craig's List and still opens. Not sure if it's the same person however, but clearly adverstising for a pregnant female who needs help. Was Deeanna this naive, or just desperate?

Yikes! Thanks Leomoon.

I had an ad on craigs over the weekend for an large antique piece of furniture I need to sell. It has been awhile since I've used that site. Sadly, the only responses I got were from scammers that were going to send me a check, and have the furniture picked up sight unseen. It's some kind of scam, but you have to strain your brain trying to figure out what they're up to. It'd be worse if you were a naive or in a desperate situation. (can't trust nobody anymore) :sigh: It's a shame craigs can't monitor the ads more.

It is hard for me to believe she would put herself in an obscure situation in her condition, specially after leaving an abusive husband.

I am super bummed about this case. Deanna's story breaks my heart.

I'm really shocked that this case has not gotten the national attention it deserves.

While I appreciate the million dollar deal Jessica Simpson made with weight watchers and her struggle with weight loss after she had her baby or a <bleep> woman who decides to potty train her child in a restaurant. We have a 9 month pregnant mom with 2 other babies who tragically lost her life in the hands of some possible monster who stalks women on Craigs List.

I don't get it.

Being almost 9 months pregnant and with two small kids to support, she was probably desperate to get some money.
Thus, having to resort answering craig list job ads.

This is what I saw, and if not the correct ad, please moderator, just delete for me:

Any pregnant girl in need of help? - m4w - 32 (New Albany)
Date: 2012-07-30, 12:51PM EDT
Reply to: bzqcj-3172517092@pers.craigslist.org

If you are in need of help, contact me now.
No drama please and be open minded.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3172517092
I'm wondering if she answered an ad like this and not a cleaning ad. Maybe she told her mom she was going to clean.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cas/3172517092.html

This was in the Colombus Craig's List and still opens. Not sure if it's the same person however, but clearly adverstising for a pregnant female who needs help. Was Deeanna this naive, or just desperate?

I'm not surprised at all from the results, because it looked like some form of poison or toxin -- or drug! -- that hit her suddenly and she called her mom when she realized that. Heroin works well :(

I had the most awful thought now, though. What if the doc pretended he was doing his own research study on pregnant women? She'd agree to a needle for a blood draw! Or something similar.

He was a legitimate doctor in the area, so she probably looked him up and felt that he must be OK, imho.

The bruise on the elbow could be from another needle (it's very little). Maybe it was on the inside of the elbow.

I'm not surprised at all from the results, because it looked like some form of poison or toxin -- or drug! -- that hit her suddenly and she called her mom when she realized that. Heroin works well :(

I had the most awful thought now, though. What if the doc pretended he was doing his own research study on pregnant women? She'd agree to a needle for a blood draw! Or something similar.

He was a legitimate doctor in the area, so she probably looked him up and felt that he must be OK, imho.

The bruise on the elbow could be from another needle (it's very little). Maybe it was on the inside of the elbow.

I have heard from the neighbors that were interviewed that she did not respond to a cleaning ad. This could indeed be the ad. This doctor has written many research papers. As of tonight, I can see a police helicopter circling the area where this doctor lives. I live a mile away. I am hoping for an arrest!

I have heard from the neighbors that were interviewed that she did not respond to a cleaning ad. This could indeed be the ad. This doctor has written many research papers. As of tonight, I can see a police helicopter circling the area where this doctor lives. I live a mile away. I am hoping for an arrest!

Fingers crossed (toes too), justice for dear Deeanna and now her children!

Thanks for the eye witness update on the helicopter. :) :please:

:praying:

We are hoping for some kind of news tonight!

There is a renowned physician in California with the same name who has published extensively. I don't believe it is the same doctor.

I am not comfortable with defamatory remarks about Deanna Ballman, our victim.

BBM

I keep checking hoping they get who ever is responsible for this mother and child's death.

:praying:

We are hoping for some kind of news tonight!

There is a renowned physician in California with the same name who has published extensively. I don't believe it is the same doctor.

I am not comfortable with defamatory remarks about Deanna Ballman, our victim.
BBM

I did not intend to sound defamatory. I feel she responded to an ad for research or something like the other girl did. I feel she was just trying to support her children.

I have not seen anyone speak in a derogatory manner about the victim. If anything I think we are all flabbergasted at these tox results and are just flummoxing around trying to figure out how this has happened. For the most part, everyone seems to agree that we do not believe Deanna overdosed through her own choice or participation.

Any news as to that late night helicopter ? Any new news from the neighbors on watch?

:(

I am more confused than ever now.

I am aware of what defamation is and I have not seen it here. If there are posts that you feel are defamatory towards the victim I encourage you to use the alert triangle at the top of the offending posts.

Perhaps I have missed something but I still do not see who or what has defamed this young woman.

:rose:

IMO Deanna was not a naive young mother. According to family members, she had survived an abusive relationship through having two children with their father, and expecting a third child, before moving back to be with her family in Ohio, approximately two weeks before her death.

She wanted a better life for herself and her children. Her plans were to study dentistry with financial assistance from the National Guard.

She had served in the National Guard for the past six years, thus working in a "man's world." She was in the process of transferring to the Ohio National Guard.

At her inurnment on August 11, Deanna received full military honors including a military convoy from the funeral home.

The numerous testimonies on her Facebook and her Memorial Guest Book attest to the kind of person Deanna was.

Link previously posted by cg007 with comments from Deanna's mother. Also, a video.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...family-speaks-autopsy-of-pregnant-mother.html

"She was totally against drugs,&#8221; Ballman&#8217;s mother, Lori said. &#8220;Especially being pregnant, they had to either be injected into her or put in her water."

Lori Ballman said that the autopsy only strengthened her belief that someone killed her daughter. In her words, "she did not do this to herself.&#8221;

All of the other articles said she had one injection site on her left thigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifgchester
Back