GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could very well be a young man who just finished voluntarily going to rehab to try to better his life and who is currently trying to recover from addiction to a very serious drug, who is still ill from this recovery process, and who has inadvertently been thrown into a bunch of drama that he has little or nothing to do with other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or maybe the wrong relationship. This stress is probably wearing really hard on him and I would hope anyone in recovery from such a drug would manage to stay clean through such trying times.

Just sayin... I wouldn't wish that addiction on anyone, and I hope he's okay.

In at least some if not all states you have to wait 24 hours from certificate to marriage. My husband and I accidentally tried to get married 22.5 hours later and had to wait. LOL, different state though.

In Ohio, you can get married immediately. :)

This could very well be a young man who just finished voluntarily going to rehab to try to better his life and who is currently trying to recover from addiction to a very serious drug, who is still ill from this recovery process, and who has inadvertently been thrown into a bunch of drama that he has little or nothing to do with other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or maybe the wrong relationship. This stress is probably wearing really hard on him and I would hope anyone in recovery from such a drug would manage to stay clean through such trying times.

Just sayin... I wouldn't wish that addiction on anyone, and I hope he's okay.

BBM: Could be...but IMO, the fact that the 4 year old said she was scared of him, makes me think otherwise. I appreciate the compassionate place you are coming from, though.

It is possible... Something happened to the baby in the morning. Mom put the baby down for a nap. Told Dad he couldn't have the baby because the baby was sleeping. She went in the house and said if she gave Dad the baby she would never see the baby again (because of bruising?). She went in to see the baby to see if maybe the bruising didn't show up as much... and found the baby had died. At that point she panicked and had SK hide the baby and made up her story.

I'm following along, praying today is the day Elaina is found safe.

We're looking for you sweetheart!!!!

O/T but does anyone know if we can buy more space for PMs? This 200 limitation is killing me.

I have a question for Ferretmommy if you check in today.

I hope that this is not offensive in any way, but we have looked at little Elaina's pictures. There are pictures of her from the fall of last year where she looks quite happy. Unfortunately, in many of the recent pictures that they are using in the media, she does not have that "sparkle" in her eye. She just doesn't look as happy.

So - my question is - did you notice a difference in Elaina's "happiness" at a specific time? Did it by any chance coincide with mommy's relationship with SK?

O/T but does anyone know if we can buy more space for PMs? This 200 limitation is killing me.

Do you get email notification for the messages? Then you can keep them in your inbox indefinitely although it's a pain to search for a specific message because the sender is always websleuths.

That's IIRC, it's been a while since I had that option checked.

Do you get email notification for the messages? Then you can keep them in your inbox indefinitely although it's a pain to search for a specific message because the sender is always websleuths.

That's IIRC, it's been a while since I had that option checked.

Nope but I'm off to check that option now and set up a folder in my inbox to keep them. Thanks! Wish I could pay for unlimited PM's though.

Hoping today is the day that Elaina is found.
If something has happened to Elaina at the hands of anyone in that home where it was said she last was seen, then I pray that person shows compassion and ownership and can tell what happened and where she is, and that it's done today. If they can't or won't then I pray that another person that knows what has happened tells. This really has gone on way to long for her and her family. I'm just a concerned bystander and it's strongly tugging at my heart.

Prayers for you and your family Baby Elaina!

MOO

I think baby girl is ALIVE ! I think this because I'm an optimist and I always have hope but also because of mom's expressions and demeanor. She does look like she's heavily weighed down with the knowledge of where the baby is but she doesn't look grief stricken and devastated like she ' should' if she knew Elaina were never coming home. I hope I am right. Right now mom is in CYA mod and is hoping some kind of great resolution will get her off the hook. I wonder if FERRET would know if AS was a good and caring and doting mom at all or somewhat detached? That might explain her demeanor a bit as well.

I hope that by some miracle there was time to hide Elaina away.
I find it hard to believe given the timeline.
Maybe it was done before TJ even showed up to get the girls.

However, we've seen many parents who had killed the child and knew EXACTLY where they were.
Sometimes we even used "they don't seem grief stricken" to convince ourselves the baby was okay.
To be grief stricken you have to care that the child is now dead.
Most people who hide the body and file a false missing person's report, don't care much.

Caylee's mother did not appear grief stricken.
Bryeon's mother did not.
Ethan's mother did not either.

The list is very long. I definitely don't think we can reliably read anything from a parents demeanor. :twocents:

Taylor Dungjen ‏@taylordungjen 26m
Blog: Near the banks of the Maumee River, waiting and watching as police search for Elaina Steinfurth. http://bit.ly/13uoFN5 #Toledo

"Waiting is the ***** of it," Richard said, leaning against his gold-colored truck, watching detectives walk in and out of a narrow clearing in the trees. You could never know what they were doing down there all those hours, with brush blocking any chance at a peek.

Angela and Richard had pretty much stayed away from the media before that. It felt tense. From then on, though, it was easy. They talked, we listened.

The two started out at 9 a.m., headed first for that same narrow opening in the trees. Police searched that area the day before, but it couldn't hurt to check again, they thought.

Soon after, Angela was running down the street toward Toledo police who were already on the east side, gearing up for a search. She told them what she had found, prompting a search that lasted well into the night.

Hours had gone by when I finally got the chance to really talk to Angela. I had found a relatively comfortable spot on the sidewalk, she was sitting on the bumper of a Toledo fire truck.

"So," I started, "do you have that, like, mother's intuition that says, you know, if Elaina is still alive?"

Elaina is still alive, Angela said.

Behind her, Richard shook his head.

When Elaina was born she was 7 pounds, 13 ounces.

Angela said her womb was "too small" and the girl had to go through six months of therapy so she would be able to walk.

The Cheese is The Man. or WoMan. Either way, you rule - thanks for the information!

Taylor Dungjen ‏@taylordungjen 26m
Blog: Near the banks of the Maumee River, waiting and watching as police search for Elaina Steinfurth. http://bit.ly/13uoFN5 #Toledo

"Waiting is the ***** of it," Richard said, leaning against his gold-colored truck, watching detectives walk in and out of a narrow clearing in the trees. You could never know what they were doing down there all those hours, with brush blocking any chance at a peek.

Angela and Richard had pretty much stayed away from the media before that. It felt tense. From then on, though, it was easy. They talked, we listened.

The two started out at 9 a.m., headed first for that same narrow opening in the trees. Police searched that area the day before, but it couldn't hurt to check again, they thought.

Soon after, Angela was running down the street toward Toledo police who were already on the east side, gearing up for a search. She told them what she had found, prompting a search that lasted well into the night.

Hours had gone by when I finally got the chance to really talk to Angela. I had found a relatively comfortable spot on the sidewalk, she was sitting on the bumper of a Toledo fire truck.

"So," I started, "do you have that, like, mother's intuition that says, you know, if Elaina is still alive?"

Elaina is still alive, Angela said.

Behind her, Richard shook his head.

When Elaina was born she was 7 pounds, 13 ounces.

Angela said her womb was "too small" and the girl had to go through six months of therapy so she would be able to walk.

BBM: I take "shook his head" as no, she's not. Is that right? Wouldn't it be "nodded his head" if he thought the baby was alive?

The more I think about this, the more I think SK disposed of a body somewhere near where he was found throwing up. Or handed Elaina off, which I think is less likely :(

Thanks for clearing up some of the other questions I had!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16