GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! At first it was thought that surgery may be needed, but after seeing the orthopedic doctor, it was decided that Elaina's foot could be straightened with physical manipulation.

In a previous post, someone said Elaina looked tall in the picture taken when she was in the stroller. Actually, she was in a saucer (like a walker w/o wheels) which isn't as high off the ground as a stroller. I think she is small for her age (like she did all of her growing in the womb). On her 1st birthday, she was wearing 6-9 month clothing. Although TJ is over 6 ft tall, Angela is only about 5'4".

Thank you for clearing that up. She does look tall. Funny how camera angles can fool you . I would never have guessed. So it sounds unlikely that she could reach any doorknobs.

No she did not freak out. She went to the house Friday afternoon to get her things and both girls' belongings, I know if it was me I would have been so hysterical when handling Elaina's things, yet she has shown little to no emotion during any of this, except when the camera was on her during the candlelight vigil and she knew they were recording her. THEN she made a big show of crying & sobbing, but after that-nothing. Tears dried up and back to emotionless.

Do you think Elaina is hidden? Do you know if they've checked the drainage ditches (holes? What are those called in the side of the side walks?), from between the house to where SK was seen puking?

Are we sure Angela was saying "i'll never be able to see HER again" or was she crying she'd never be able to see HIM again.... as in, Steven.

According to Terry Sr. she said "If I give her to him, I'll never see her again."

According to Terry Sr. she said "If I give her to him, I'll never see her again."

Have you guys been able to reach out to more media or missing children's organizations? Has TJ considered a FB group or something similar as a way to get the word out? A lot of families set them up and they can be pretty effective for organizing searches, sharing info quickly and attracting media attention. If you need help with any of that please just ask.

I can't un-convolute this mess right now, so I'll start mapwork instead.

http://goo.gl/maps/r2o3j

Any possible security cameras to be checked? I guess Save-A-Lot doesn't have one, or Nana's Barber & Beauty... ?

No outside security cameras in the area that I am aware of. A neighbor had one looking at the alley, but Terry and the man checked to see if anything/anyone was videoed in it, but it was set to record the space right outside the man's garage and not out into the alley.

So the question is, "to him" = TJ because he'd never let her see Elaina again, OR "to him" = Steven because once he took her out of there, Angela knew she'd never see her again because it was his job to ... you know, do that.

edited to add - some people are just quiet and appear calm in light of stress, others are prone to screaming and crying... and a select bunch are prone to screaming and crying WHEN there's an audience involved and it might serve some purpose.

We have Ferretmommy stating that Angela turned on the tears only when cameras were around in the time since Elaina went missing.

What does this say about her timing and reason for screaming and crying when Elaina was about to be found missing that day?

Has this 4 yr old ever mentioned a fear of Steven in the past few months?

Yes she has, and when questioned about it, she said it was because "mommy & Steven were fighting".

Also, when I saw her at TJ's on Memorial Day or the 28th, I noticed Elaina had a horizontal cut on the back of her head, about 1.5-2 inchest across, in the healing scab stage. I asked Kylee if she knew what happened, and she said Steven was shaking her, then he dropped her into the bed and she hit her head on something. They took pics of it and were going to turn them in to CSB

The twitter account is a long standing account with her name, age, location, and picture, and a picture of Elaina. I can't find any other Angela Steinfurth in Toledo OH. I'm sure it's her.

Profile:
Angela Steinfurth
@ AngelaMories
toledo, ohio

my name is angela im 24 years old...im married and i have two little girls and i live in the heart of toledo

https://twitter.com/AngelaMories

Angela has one tweet and one retweet on May 26. That's the last activity on her twitter.

She tweeted a news story about an Oregon teenager arrested for a plot to bomb a high school, and then 1 minute later, retweeted a quote from another person on twitter about it being hard to be positive when thinking about how messed up your life is and the crazy world.

I don't find anything significant about that in relation to Elaina's situation. MOO

Mods, if inappropriate, please delete.

This is her.

BBM - my concern was the post from 28 Feb 2012 where she said "the baby" was going to the pediatric orthopedist, and she hoped there wouldn't be therapy needed, or something to that effect. "the baby" was roughly what, 2 months old at the time? So I was concerned about the need for a pediatric orthopedist. all IMHO etc

Diagnosed with torticolis(? sp) and she was doing therapy to try to get her neck straightened out. It did work, she was not having therapy still.

In one of the interviews it was said that Angela had been staying with her dad or mom. Do Angela's parents live together? Where do they live and how far from Steven King's house is it ? I was thinking that baby Elaina may be somewhere between the two homes. Would Angela have walked from her mom/dad's home to JK's house that Saturday? Maybe that route whatever it was should be checked again.

Her mother lives on Graham St. and her father on Valleywood Drive (the part off Starr Ave, not Navarre Ave. Her dad's home is closer between the two, but not close enough to get to quickly. Would probably take at least 30 minutes to walk there. Angela does not drive, no license even.

Yes she has, and when questioned about it, she said it was because "mommy & Steven were fighting".

Also, when I saw her at TJ's on Memorial Day or the 28th, I noticed Elaina had a horizontal cut on the back of her head, about 1.5-2 inchest across, in the healing scab stage. I asked Kylee if she knew what happened, and she said Steven was shaking her, then he dropped her into the bed and she hit her head on something. They took pics of it and were going to turn them in to CSB

Oh G-d, I was holding out hope that he wasn't abusive given his lack of a criminal record but there goes that.

I hate to ask this but I know we have at least one verified peds nurse here - could shaken baby syndrome cause the nose bleed and the eyes to appear to be black?

If this mother has to beg places to stay, it seems unlikely she has someone close enough and devoted enough to risk prison for hiding the baby.

iirc I thought FM wrote that Steven ran out the back when the police arrived? I thought if he had any drugs in the house or on him...he might have run away to get rid of them. Probably hid them in a yard or something and went back later for them.

Or a natural reaction to someone not wanting to get caught for something is to run...so he felt guilty and tried to get away.

I also had a question for FM...Did Elaina's dad start noticing the yelling and hitting to his girls in January...when Angela started hanging out with Steven? Or maybe she was seeing him before that, but that was the first time he found out about it. Seems like the new bf had quite a negative impact (to put it very mildly) on Angela's kids and relationships.

I can't imagine someone coming out of rehab...from heroine addiction...to have very much patience with little ones :( Sad she even let him into her life....

She had been yelling at Kylee since she got old enough to walk then she was grabbing her by the arm roughly and slinging her out of the way, onto the couch, ect. Things just got worse the older she got. I've never seen her be that way with Elaina, come to think of it. TJ had just finally had enough and told her either things change or he was done with her. I do know she made Kylee stay in her room and watch cartoons or DVD's most of the daytime, IMO to get her out of her hair.

Diagnosed with torticolis(? sp) and she was doing therapy to try to get her neck straightened out. It did work, she was not having therapy still.

I really do not even begin to know how to thank you for your personal involvement here at WebSleuths, and for how well you're taking our posts and speculation and questions. I feel so bad for much of what I know you're reading and I just wanted to take a minute to just say that I think more of us are parents and in particular mothers here at WS than most people would think upon first joining, and we all feel so deeply for you right now, and for TJ and Terry Sr and all of Elaina's loving caregivers, friends, and family. We don't mean to sound callous or doomsday, we just, most of us, have followed more missing children's cases from start to finish than the general population and sometimes it can make you jaded from the start, or can put your brain several steps ahead of where your heart wants to let you be, into speculations that seem unnecessarily dark....

oh I don't know what I'm trying to say, I just want to hug you all and then go out and search for Elaina myself in person. Since I feel so helpless to do that, being so far away, this is all I can do is try to find a way to find some bit of a clue from afar, and the only way is through talking things out here like we do. Anyway, just wanted to apologize again for anything that might seem unfeeling or crass, etc... it's all coming from a place of wanting Elaina to be where she belongs, and quite honestly the fury of knowing that even if she's found safe and sound, someone in her life has been abusing her and it's simply got to stop.

:grouphug:

If this mother has to beg places to stay, it seems unlikely she has someone close enough and devoted enough to risk prison for hiding the baby.

This gave me the greatest hope in the beginning because I was certain someone would spill quickly because staying out of jail would be prioritized over being loyal to Angela. Now, with the days passing quickly, this has became my biggest fear. I'm terrified that nobody has turned on her because only she knows where she dumped her child.

She had been yelling at Kylee since she got old enough to walk then she was grabbing her by the arm roughly and slinging her out of the way, onto the couch, ect. Things just got worse the older she got. I've never seen her be that way with Elaina, come to think of it. TJ had just finally had enough and told her either things change or he was done with her. I do know she made Kylee stay in her room and watch cartoons or DVD's most of the daytime, IMO to get her out of her hair.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

SO. ANGRY. RIGHT. NOW.

Julie says when Angela announced the baby was gone, she and her son, Steven, immediately went out the back door to begin looking in the pool, the garage, and nearby.
www.kltv.com
((( uh, how did i miss this ? ''Angela told Toledo News Now she thinks the baby was kidnapped. Her boyfriend, Steven, refused to comment.''' www.kltv.com ))) :O wow
The woman's live-in boyfriend, Steven King, Jr., had gone out of the back door, supposedly to look for the girl, police said
Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...for-East-Toledo-girl.html#KWPqoPaS54bFlfsX.99

And wtf,,,,how did I miss this ? ( yall are gonna think i never pay attention to anything :( ) '' The mother, Angela Steinfurth, is now pointing to her boyfriend being responsible for the baby's disappearance. His family is denying any involvement.'''' www.13abc.com
So are angela and steven no longer an ' item' ? They've turned on each other,,,, pretty convenient should a trial come up , eh ?

Ok few things in this interview I just watched again and so sorry for the long post guys :)

Missing 18-month-old girl update - YouTube
What was the near fight about between Steven and TJ ? Also TJ says Angela went inside for 20 to 25 minutes, then things got quiet and a couple of minutes later , she emerged . That' s a total of nearly 27 minutes and previously it had been whittled down to 15. You can cover a lot of ground in 27 minutes at a fast run and back again. :|

And how did I miss this ? The mother says, when she got back from the police department Monday morning, the shorts and the baby's medicine were both found in the home on Federal.
http://www.13abc.com/story/22481487/...ing-child-case

ETA this was my attempt to make a factual timeline for SK on Sunday afternoon. As you can see, I got stuck on many points that made me go :O before I could finish his timeline. There are more weird statements than I realized.

ETA again, the way to solve this case today is to give daddy 5 minutes alone with SK ! He will come away with the truth and I have no doubt.

I do not know what the fight was about for sure, I would guess b/c of Angela's refusal to give him Elaina. When Terry Sr. got back there with TJ, Steven started to come down the porch at Terry and Terry told him he's better back up b/c he is CCW'ed and was carrying and it's loaded. Steven's mother sent him into the house.

I do not know what the fight was about for sure, I would guess b/c of Angela's refusal to give him Elaina. When Terry Sr. got back there with TJ, Steven started to come down the porch at Terry and Terry told him he's better back up b/c he is CCW'ed and was carrying and it's loaded. Steven's mother sent him into the house.

To be clear, you mean Terry Sr. told Steven (Angela's BF, well maybe not anymore) to get back up on the porch because Terry Sr. is carrying a concealed weapon (with a permit), and so Steven did so? (I just am trying to be sure I keep the difference between TJ and Terry Sr straight :) )

So then it was after this that Steven was in the house with his friends, then Angela went in, then Steven's mom went in, then Steven left out the back, then Angela screamed and cried, then she found out Elaina was missing, then Steven was found on a different street, then was on a neighbor's porch vomiting?

Perhaps whatever Steven did when he went out the back, was something that he felt might very well prompt Terry Sr. to shoot him, should he be caught. That'd have me vomiting with fear. IMHO

editing to add: I'm trying to figure out the dynamics here, and it would seem that there was no love lost between Terry Sr and Steven. What prompted TJ to get his dad to come help? Was it to be a mediator or was it to threaten Steven or was it to protect TJ from Steven?

I find no fault regardless, just curious whether TJ might've been afraid of Steven/Steven might've been agressive towards TJ, prompting TJ to decide to get his dad since dad has a gun, know what I mean? (If that was the case it seems important to know since that might indicate Steven was in an agressive mood, IF HE WAS, which is NOT what I'm saying, I'm just asking and speculating). Anyway, like I said, I find no fault regardless - I can't say my trigger finger wouldn't have slipped by accident with all the nonsense going on with that poor baby.

JUST MY OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member