GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 2 pages behind but just wanted to say, thank you to whomever posted the youtube link to hte grandpa's interview .. Angela's stepfather.. and commented on looking at his eyes. I almost never watch videos, not sure why.. just don't. But that was well worth watching. I really loved how he said "Steven, turn yourself in now, because I'm comin' for ya - TODAY." or however he worded it. Poor man, sounds like this was all on Angela and SK and whomever else was in that house.

Now, I still have to catch up, but here's a question - if LE isn't 100% sure where Steven is, and if they towed the van away, is there any chance he killed himself and is in the van? I know the van was towed because they brought Elaina away from the house in it the day she went "missing", but just curious. (ETA - nope, I don't see anything leading me to believe he's been seen or heard from since she went missing. hmmmm)

Also, in that video clip I heard the reporter ask do you think she was alive when he brought her out the back and into the van and her father said YES. When asked do you think she's alive now, he said NO.

Heartbreaking.

The possibility that maybe Steven killed himself hadn't even entered my mind. I hope he hasn't. He needs to be held fully accountable for whatever he did, as does Angela and anyone else involved! This is such a needless tragedy all around. Why didn't Angela just let the Steinfurth's have BOTH children? If she hadn't been so selfish baby Elaina would be here now and none of this would have happened. Is Julie King being interrogated? I sure hope so!

I don't have time to go back and grab the quote right now but FM did not say that Angela had the mentality of an 8th grader. She said that she had an 8th grade education. That is a big difference.

Not that I would excuse someone with the mentality of an 8th grader. I have an up and coming 8th grader and at 12 even he knows to call 911 for an injured person.

I don't have time to go back and grab the quote right now but FM did not say that Angela had the mentality of an 8th grader. She said that she had an 8th grade education. That is a big difference.

Not that I would excuse someone with the mentality of an 8th grader. I have an up and coming 8th grader and at 12 even he knows to call 911 for an injured person.

You know I am right on board with almost every one of your posts, so let me just quote you and say that I'm one of the people who has disagreed with what you just said, and who has stated at least once that it's her mentality, not her education, that is at an 8th grade level.

And I don't know where I read it, and I'm not sure that I'm right. So the reason for me quoting you is to say that I'm starting to think you may be right about this.

And my fourth grader knows if a baby is hurt you get help, WTH kind of excuse is it whether it's the education OR the mentality? We're not arguing about a second-grade level of either kind here - eighth grade is adult, so I don't think it matters either way at this point. IMmostHofO's.

The possibility that maybe Steven killed himself hadn't even entered my mind. I hope he hasn't. He needs to be held fully accountable for whatever he did, as does Angela and anyone else involved! This is such a needless tragedy all around. Why didn't Angela just let the Steinfurth's have BOTH children? If she hadn't been so selfish baby Elaina would be here now and none of this would have happened. Is Julie King being interrogated? I sure hope so!

There are a lot of mothers popping out babies for the check and foodstamps they receive every month....that is one reason they do not let anyone have the children. Totally disgusting I know.

Guys. Hey. Um. Just kinda reminding that we have a scanner thread for Elaina and reminding that this could be a good time to tune in.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(edited to update link to be more relevant)

There are a lot of mothers popping out babies for the check and foodstamps they receive every month....that is one reason they do not let anyone have the children. Totally disgusting I know.

Not only for those reasons, but also to try to "keep" their bf/husbands.
Don't know if that's the case here, but it seems to be pretty common.

You know I am right on board with almost every one of your posts, so let me just quote you and say that I'm one of the people who has disagreed with what you just said, and who has stated at least once that it's her mentality, not her education, that is at an 8th grade level.

And I don't know where I read it, and I'm not sure that I'm right. So the reason for me quoting you is to say that I'm starting to think you may be right about this.

And my fourth grader knows if a baby is hurt you get help, WTH kind of excuse is it whether it's the education OR the mentality? We're not arguing about a second-grade level of either kind here - eighth grade is adult, so I don't think it matters either way at this point. IMmostHofO's.

She is correct - it was an 8th grade education.

I just read all of FM's posts this morning to get myself caught up and I specifically remember that.

I'll try to find that post. BRB.

ETA: I can't find it. I'm an idiot. I know I read it this morning!!!!!

Good for the judge. She looked pretty spooked at arraignment, and I would bet you my left hand (I am a leftie) she would flee the state in a wink if she was let out.

I won't be surprised if the bond gets lowered at a subsequent hearing. I've seen cases where, initially, bond was denied completely, then set at a high amount, then later lowered.

Having said that, I hope that doesn't happen here. I wouldn't put it past Angela to try to flee to Florida (where it's been said that she wanted to move) or attempt to flee somewhere else to try to escape justice.

I'm wondering if she's told LE the unvarnished truth about what happened. I'm wondering if, instead of the entire truth, she's told LE a version of events that she hopes will portray herself as a helpless victim.

Think about it: baby Elaina "went missing" on Sunday, June 2. Angela was booked late last night, June 12. She had 9-10 whole days to tell LE what happened. But what has she done for the past week and a half?

Let's see: Angela claimed her baby was kidnapped. She told a reporter with The Blade that she thought someone in the Federal Street house had sold Elaina for drug money. According to that same reporter, Angela also said, "If I had something to do with it, why would I be out here?" She stated that she needed to be "kept comfortable". She participated in a search along the Maumee River (where she reportedly found a diaper), even though LE prohibited family members from participating in that search (according to a statement given by paternal grandfather TS, Sr.). We know what she's been saying to the media - I can't imagine what she's been saying to LE these past 9 days, before she finally told them the story that SK "beat or dropped the baby and hurt her bad and THEY threatened to kill her and the baby if she called 911 or tried to take her to the hospital", according to Ferretmommy.

IMO, these all seem like purposeful statements & actions by someone who may have been trying to obstruct the investigation into her own missing baby's *disappearance*, aside from the "comfortable" statement - which seems like something someone would say who isn't the least bit concerned for her missing, endangered baby.

I understand. I'm trying to reserve judgment, too, until more evidence comes out. At the same time, I'm suspicious, given what FM has posted about how Angela has allegedly treated both children in the recent past. IMO, Angela strikes me as someone who has felt burdened by being a parent, and has taken her frustration out on her innocent, helpless babies (purportedly grabbing the 4 year old by the arm & flinging her onto the couch, forcing the 4 year old to stay in her room for extended periods of time to watch cartoons to supposedly keep her "out of her hair", keeping the baby in her exer-saucer and/or playpen for long periods of time. Then there are reports by JK who stated that Angela was rough with the children, and that Angela struck one of them in the face).

I can't give Angela a pass on her own alleged abusive behavior. Unless a competent forensic psychologist gives her a psych eval that concludes there is a mental deficit, I'm going to consider Angela a 25 year old adult, and I'm going to assume that she knows right from wrong. I'm also going to assume that she knows it's her duty as her children's mother to protect them from an abusive boyfriend. The thing is: If she's also abusing them, she might not blink twice when it comes to anyone else abusing them. IMO, she may have believed that any abuse they suffered at the hands of SK was deserved *discipline*. MOO

Angela's own alleged abusive history is why I'm suspicious of her, as well as the lies that she's told.

You know I was thinking about this and she likely has a horrid set of circumstances that led her to where she is today. I have no doubt about that . I even allowed myself one SECOND of a oh poor girl, probably was scared to tell if they threatened her and THEN my brain snapped back into the on position. If she realizes death is serious when ( if ) her bf and family threaten her life then she realizes death is serious when it comes to an injured baby needing help PERIOD. Sorry Angela, you can't have it both ways. If you know enough to be scared then you should have been more scared for your baby.

I knew it. The second I saw mom on NG last night, I knew she knew full well what happened to her daughter.

This makes me sick. I just hope they can find poor Elaina.

Not to be mean, but these people don't seem all that bright, so I have a feeling it won't be long before someone else starts talking.

I remember hearing the exact same thing in several other cases though. :banghead:
ALL of those cases remain unsolved without an arrest relating to the child's disappearance. :please:

Just off the top of my head:

Aliayah Lunsford
Haleigh Cummings
Hailey Dunn
Ayla Reynolds
Lisa Irwin
Joshua Davis

Guys. Hey. Um. Just kinda reminding that we have a scanner thread for Elaina and reminding that this could be a good time to tune in.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(edited to update link to be more relevant)

While you can't say precisely what is happening in the scanner thread...
You are allowed to say something like "there is action happening in the scanner thread right now."
Then people know if you are just posting the link or posting the link because SOMETHING is happening. :seeya:

I dropped out after 6th grade. Someone had to raise my brother.
Granted, I was pretty smart and had already won the spelling bee by that point.

However, even without the benefit of 7th - 12th grade...
I still have managed to protect my kids better than many COLLEGE educated people. :twocents:

Hey folks, whatever happened to the presser the dad's family was giving? Cancelled?

Lord, I hope they don't find her in the river. It took LE a little over a month to find Bryeon in the river.
How anyone could just chunk a child into the river & go on living and lying is beyond my brain and heart capacity.

Now on to my rant.....she only had the kids for the weekend!! TWO DAYS!
How can someone not hold their temper for 2 freakin days?? If your that mad, go outside & kick a tree, run 12 miles, scream at the sky, something to get it out of your system before you walk your skanky butt back into the same room as your children! Get a grip, it's NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!

sorry it's just infuriating when it seems just about every week we're reading about these poor kids who deserve so much more

Holy carp! So much has gone down since I fell asleep last night. I had 6 pages to read through. I'm both sickened and thrilled AS has been arrested and charged. I don't buy the "dropping" story. I believe with all of my heart that baby was intentionally injured and it infuriates me.

Anyone else feel that there have been more and more "hide yo baby" cases since Casey Anthony was found not guilty? It's like the worlds worst parents were just given a handbook on how to disappear their children. Hide your child, blame a random person, change your story frequently and hope enough time goes by before your child is found that evidence deteriorates and COD becomes harder to pinpoint.

I'm doubtful. Haleigh Cummings and Kyron Horman's killers both hid their bodies, and that was when everyone thought Casey was going to get the DP. Prior to 2008, did parents kill their child and not hide the body? Blaming your child's death on someone else isn't really new....What about Susan Smith or the Ramseys? I've only been on WS since 2010, and WS exposes me to a lot of cases I would not know about otherwise. I'm not sure if I would know about Sky, Elaina, or Ayla if I didn't read WS, for example.

Plus...Crimes Against Children forum is filled with cases of parents who kill their kids, and don't hide the bodies.

Hey folks, whatever happened to the presser the dad's family was giving? Cancelled?

It's at 7 or 7:30 pm local time this evening.

Also wanted to share something that's been going through my mind all day. In ' we bought a zoo' the comedy movie, matt damon says 'sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of courage' . I've thought of scared little ole' Angela and how even 5 seconds ( think 9 . 1 . 1 ) would have made the difference in Elaina's life and her own life. But she had no courage . This is assuming anything she says is true and it's not HER doing and not Sk's that caused the baby's injuries. That's a big assumption imho .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme