GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we'll go together and laugh along the way.

Cesspool! HA! Oh how I've missed your humor! :floorlaugh:

I've missed you!! Ugh ... it doesn't cost anything to clean up after yourself and your dog.

OT ...I recently saw those pics of the Michael Jackson case. There was no blood or guts ... no body ... but seriously... the creepiest thing I have ever looked at! It was like a scene out of Gilded Junkie Hoarders!

I've never heard of a child having physical or developmental problems because the mother's womb was too small. I'm not doubting it, I've just never heard that before.

I'm small, 5'2" and was about 100 pounds when I got pregnant with both my kids, and they're both normal (well, sort of ;)). How small is she?

It sounds weird to me too but that's what the newspaper said and it looks like FerretMommy also confirmed it. Maybe Elaina was born early? I'm only speculating, I have no idea. It seems strange there would be these assumptions while she was still so little. I know my daughter was born with her one arm behind her head and they thought she might have mobility issues with that arm but she never did. I guess she was packed pretty tight. Maybe others can elaborate that have experience with babies or pregnancies.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=910985#.Ub_s8au1G_Q

The source, who only wanted to be identified as Frank, is the same man who provided WNWO with exclusive surveillance video showing Elaina and her mother the day before the child was last seen, June 2nd.

Frank, who has remained anonymous until now, said he was looking to release the information so that the public could hear what Elaina's mother says happened.

"[Elaina's mother] told me about the baby having a black eye, a bump on the head and just a little bit of dry blood around the nostril. But I was like well what's that all about...and she said that when she woke up the baby was like that...I said well why didn't you call ...take her to the hospital or call the police or whatever...She told me that she asked Steven, the boyfriend, to check on the baby to make sure the baby was ok, medically...The boyfriend overlooked the child and said she was going to be fine," Frank said of his conversation with Angela Steinfurth, Elaina's mother.

It was after Frank gave that information to investigators that Angela Steinfurth was arrested for child endangerment, for which she remained jailed on Monday night.

ETA: A little more from the article. Frank will be on JVM & Nancy Grace Tuesday night. So heads up everyone that would like to watch.

In his latest interview with WNWO, Frank also wanted to clarify why he had surveillance of Angela Steinfurth and baby Elaina from his home.

Frank said the camera had been set up months ago following a spike in crime within his East Toledo neighborhood and had nothing to do with the current case.

Frank, who calls himself a friend of both Angela Steinfurth and her estranged husband, will also share these details with HLN's Nancy Grace on her show Tuesday evening.

I can only assume that the boyfriend is some type of medical professional...yes?

As always I will qualify this by saying I'm neither a parent nor a medical professional, and I tend to catastrophize a but, but if my baby mysteriously developed signs of bruising and bleeding overnight I would freak the heck out and assume either somebody in the house had injured her and lied about it, or she was showing symptoms of some serious medical condition.

Bringing this over from the first thread:
Ferretmommy said:
Sitting back at the empty lot all day waiting for news, preferably GOOD, but nothing either way yet. We are not flipping out b/c we all believe Angela has taken her out of the house and is hiding her. Her sister Mary has said she heard Angela tell "someone" that she wants to take her and go to Florida so she can start her life over again and TJ will not be able to see Elaina ever again. Also, several months ago a period of about 2 weeks went by that Angela kept TJ from seeing both girls, then suddenly gave in. Angela's mother who lived close to their prior residence, called TJ and said she needed to talk to him, "there's something you need to know." When he went to her apt., Lisa (Angela's mom) told him the reason she kept him from seeing them was that the baby had bruises on her and Angela didn't want TJ to see them. We were also informed that the day after the first interview, she was overheard saying "Oh! I forgot to tell the police that the baby looked like she had a black eye and broken nose, there was dried blood in her nose".
TJ and Angela split for several reasons, the main one being TJ had told her approx. a month before the split that he was tired of her always yelling and screaming at the kids and she had the tendency to pick up Kylee (4 yr old) roughly by the arm amongst other things. He gave her a month to change her attitude/actions, when she did not, he decided they were done. On top of that, TJ came home from work early one night (he works 3rd shift) and caught her on the couch with Steven.
Both girls are "daddy's girls", she may think IMO that if she can get Elaina away at this young age that she can change her feelings. Kylee did tell me yesterday that she slept with Elaina Sunday night on the floor.

BBM - I guess that someone was "Frank".

I've never heard of a child having physical or developmental problems because the mother's womb was too small. I'm not doubting it, I've just never heard that before.

I'm small, 5'2" and was about 100 pounds when I got pregnant with both my kids, and they're both normal (well, sort of ;)). How small is she?

This actually is a "thing" My sister suffered a late term miscarriage, a stillbirth, then finally went full term with my nephew. He only weighed 5 lbs at birth. She told me that the doctors advised she has some kind of "condition" where her uterus apparently doesn't stretch like it is supposed to while the baby is growing so they basically don't have room to grow properly. Not sure of the medical term for this though, I'm sure she told me but I forgot.

ETA My sister is not particularly small, she is about 5'4", average weight. It is a medical problem with the uterus itself.

It sounds weird to me too but that's what the newspaper said and it looks like FerretMommy also confirmed it. Maybe Elaina was born early? I'm only speculating, I have no idea. It seems strange there would be these assumptions while she was still so little. I know my daughter was born with her one arm behind her head and they thought she might have mobility issues with that arm but she never did. I guess she was packed pretty tight. Maybe others can elaborate that have experience with babies or pregnancies.

My DD was packed in tight too, born with both arms bent at the elbow with hands up near her face/ears. She was in that position from our 20 week ultrasound (if not sooner) all the way until her birth, and her little arms were stuck like that for a couple of weeks after she was born, but eventually they loosened up and she got her full range of motion without any intervention necessary. Lol, she still sleeps in that position, I've noticed when I've checked in on her (she's 8).

Nancy Grace Tuesday June 18 2013

TJ and his father
"Frank" - the man who turned in the video
Fred LeFebvre

Coast guard searched under the high level bridge again today (6/18/2013)
(3rd or 4thh time now :( )

People are kept from the shoreline - but boats aren't being stopped from using the river (tho it is speculated that the pleasure boats are being kept away)

No new info or speculations.

Tune in for more of the same...
and pray Elaina will be found.

Went down there today...very few people other than news and police. I saw a couple of jet-skis go by. There were no restrictions at all. Saw the step-father of AS. He was alone.

Looking into the very dark, murky choppy waters was so disconcerting.

Also talked to some family members (the paternal grandpa and cousin). I asked if they needed any help. They said they could really use food and hydration when large groups come to search.

My DD was packed in tight too, born with both arms bent at the elbow with hands up near her face/ears. She was in that position from our 20 week ultrasound (if not sooner) all the way until her birth, and her little arms were stuck like that for a couple of weeks after she was born, but eventually they loosened up and she got her full range of motion without any intervention necessary. Lol, she still sleeps in that position, I've noticed when I've checked in on her (she's 8).

Funny you say that because my daughter sleeps with her one arm up all the time. Never even made the connection.

I couldn't tell from the video if Elaina seemed lethargic or if that's just how she was because of this condition. She doesn't 'look' challenged in any way. Maybe some of the insiders can elaborate on what she was suffering from post birth.

I can only assume that the boyfriend is some type of medical professional...yes?

As always I will qualify this by saying I'm neither a parent nor a medical professional, and I tend to catastrophize a but, but if my baby mysteriously developed signs of bruising and bleeding overnight I would freak the heck out and assume either somebody in the house had injured her and lied about it, or she was showing symptoms of some serious medical condition.

A professional SOB, that's what he is.

bc i woulda puked on someones porch too if i .....ugh. nevermind. i can't bring myself totype it...

I Don't think they fully drained the pool but after all this time if there was any question as to whether she was in it they surely would have.

Attempted updated timeline. All info from Ferretmommy, the police report, and MSM links already posted here in this thread or older incarnations of it.
-------------------

Timeline:

Saturday June 1 - 6:38pm - Angela and Elaina are captured on surveillance video at "Frank"'s house, located near Raymer (approx. 11 blocks from 704 Federal, where Elaina went missing. "Frank"'s house is not RS's house, according to Ferretmommy, thought it seems to be very nearby.)

Saturday, June 1 - (unknown time) - Angela asks JK if she can spend the night there, JK agrees because the kids are "cold and wet" and Angela says they have no place else to go. (NOTE - the kids were dry in the video. Well, the kid. Only Elaina was with her at that time. Where was Kylee?)

Saturday, June 1 - night (unknown time) - Elaina and Kylee are put down to sleep together on the living room floor of the King residence (which we later found was strewn with dog feces, raw sewage, and clothing in the first floor living area, which I presume includes the living room, but that's neither here nor there, just simply repulsive)

Sunday, June 2- morning (unknown time) - Angela wakes to find Elaina injured, according to the police report

Sunday, June 2- unknown time - Angela tells "Frank" about waking to find Elaina's injuries, according to "Frank"

Sunday, June 2- around 1pm - According to the police report, this is when Angela said she last saw Elaina, when she put her down for a nap. Family had previously stated that this was around 1:30pm - time is approximate.

Sunday, June 2- just after 1pm - Angela told police that she SK then went to the Family Dollar and, when they returned ( PRIOR to 2pm, TIME UNSPECIFIED), the door to the bedroom where Elaina had been sleeping was still closed so she did not go in to check on her.

Sunday afternoon, June 2- approximately 2:00 pm - Already having gone to RS' house to get the girls and then having found out that Angela never stayed there the night before despite promising that was where she would be TJ goes over to the King residence to ask for the girls (arriving there around 2pm).

Angela sends out Kylee, and TJ puts her in the car seat. He turns back around and sees Angela sitting back down on the porch next to SK, smoking a cigarette. He requests she get Elaina again and she refuses, stating Elaina has just been put down for a nap and she doensn't want to wake her.

Upon being pressed to bring him Elaina as well as Kylee, SK rips off his shirt and tries to fight TJ, so TJ puts Kylee in the car and goes to get Terry Sr. to be a go-between.

Sunday, June 2- around 2:30pm - According to the police report, they arrive back at the King residence around 2:30pm. When they arrive back, SK tries to fight Terry Sr. as well. SK's mother, JK, tells him to go inside because they're trying to talk "like adults".
Angela finally agrees to go inside to get Elaina.

Angela goes inside and is in there for 5-10 minutes . (or, until approx. 2:35-2:40)

Steven's mom goes inside to see what's taking her so long.

Angela begins to scream and cry, telling Steven's mother that if she gives her baby to "him" she'll never get to see her again, and spends a good 15-20 minutes carrying on to Steven/Steven's mom (JK) about this fact. She is heard outside by Terry Sr. and others. (until approx 2:50 - 3:00)

Then it gets quiet, and Angela comes out saying the baby is missing. She sits back down on the porch as TJ and Terry Sr. call 911.

According to a police report, SK is thought to have left through the back door during this time without anyone knowing, allegedly to look for Elaina.

According to JK, she and Steven went together out the back door to search the pool and garage. ("Julie says when Angela announced the baby was gone, she and her son, Steven, immediately went out the back door to begin looking in the pool, the garage, and nearby." - http://www.fox19.com/story/22481101/day-3-and-still-no-sign-of-missing-toddler )

Sunday, June 2- around 3 p.m. - police arrive and begin interviewing witnesses and searching the neighborhood, according to the police report. During this time police and RS search for the maroon van as well but cannot find it, according to RS.

Steven King returns around 4:30 p.m., according to the police report. NOTE - According to Ferretmommy, he was found one street over, on Prentice. A short time after he turned back up, he was seen a few houses away on the front porch, vomiting.

Monday, June 3- 2:30am - maroon van re-appears in alleyway according to RS.
(*NOTE - every scrap of known information about "Mike" has been supplied by RS. Nobody else has ever mentioned this person in any way, shape, or form that I can find.)

Monday, June 3- unknown later time - Angela goes to her new job's orientation as LE and the community search for her missing baby (NOTE - RS told Nancy Grace on June 17 that Angela did NOT attend this orientation, but according to Ferretmommy and another poster, she DID attend this orientation.)

Wednesday, June 12 - Angela is interviewed by LE (not for the first time), resulting in her arrest as well as the search and towing of the maroon van and the search of 660 Federal and 2 to 3 other homes around it

sorry, GGE & everyone else, for lagging on getting the timeline updated. i've done so below. i still need to go through GGE's timeline.. so we probably have a lot of duplicated information. :)

Elaina Timeline

Saturday, June 1st –
6:30-7:00pm - AS called JK to ask if her and the kids could spend the night. (1)
6:35-6:38pm – AS shown in anonymous video on porch, holding Elaina. Puts Elaina in stroller & walks away at 6:38pm. (5)
9:30pm – Last time JK saw Elaina (2)

Sunday, June 2nd –
(unknown time) – this article doesn’t state what day/time this took place, but I assume it was the morning Elaina went missing. AS woke up to find Elaina with a black eye, a bump on the head & dried blood around a nostril. Had SK look Elaina over and he said she’d be OK. (9)
9:00-9:0am – JK said she might have heard baby Elaina, but maybe not. Never saw her that morning. (1)
12:00pm (noon) – JK says this was the last time SK saw Elaina. This is when AS was changing her diaper, gave her a cup, and put her down for a nap. (1)
1:00pm – Time that AS says she last saw Elaina, when she put her down for a nap. (7)
1:00pm-2:00pm (sometime between) - AS & SK (supposedly) went to Family Dollar. When they got back, the bedroom door where Elaina slept was still closed so she didn’t go in to check on her. (7)
2:00pm – Time TJ arrived at JK’s home to pick up Elaina (7)
2:30pm (just before) – TS arrived at JK’s home to help pick up Elaina. (4)
2:55pm – AS told TS that Elaina was gone. SK had left at that point. (7)
3:00pm – Police Arrived. (7)
4:30pm – SK returned back to the home. (7)
(day/time unknown) – AS told “Frank” about Elaina’s injuries, but it’s not clear if the injuries were from the day Elaina went missing.. it's assumed it was because AS woke to find the baby injured and this was the only night (recently) that AS had Elaina first thing in the morning / when she awoke.

Monday, June 3rd –
(time unknown) – AS was due to attend orientation for new job training. It’s not confirmed if she went or not. (8)
2:30am – SK’s Red/Maroon van “showed up” in the alley (see more at link) (3)

Thursday, June 6th –
(time unknown) – AS supposedly found a freshly used diaper along the banks of the Maumee River (not confirmed if it belonged to Elaina or not). (6)

-----
(1): Transcription by ACR (interview with JK): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2
(2): News report (thank you ACR): Missing 18-month-old girl update - YouTube
(3): Transcription by ACR (interview with Richard Schiewe, AS’s step-dad): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2
(4): Transcription by ACR (TS interview on Nancy Grace): Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2
(5): Video of AS w/Elaina on anonymous person’s porch: http://www.examiner.com/video/video...na-and-mother-the-day-before-she-goes-missing
(6): Report of diaper being found: http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/06/14/Mom-accused-of-not-getting-help.html
(7): Nancy Grace Article: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/baby-elainas-dad-recalls-day-she-disappeared
(8): WS post by FM regarding training: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3
(9): Post regarding information released by “Frank”: http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=910985#.UcDbXOecfDm

I've never heard of it either but I guess it's possible? I'am 5'4 and 120lbs and my youngest was almost 9lbs and there is nothing wrong with him. Sounds odd too me too.

So are people guessing that AS got kicked out of RS's house that night she went to stay with JK?

I haven't heard anything about AS being kicked out of RS's house. Angela could have, and should have stayed at RS's house. That's where TJ said she was supposed to be. If JK isn't lying about AS telling her she had nowhere to go, then AS lied to her.

Cesspool is right :clap:

I can't believe we're heading into DAY 17 :sigh:

OT a bit, but if the city/county are allowing other children to stay in that disgusting house, I would throw a fit

Wednesday, June 19, 2012
11:00 a.m.
Corner of Federal and Leonard St. Toledo, OH

Justice4Nevaeh will be assigning search locations tomorrow starting at 11. a.m. Please wear a white T-shirt. Don't forget good shoes/socks and leg protection.

If anyone has any ideas of locations, please let me know and I pass that on. They have been very open to suggestions for search locations and any information to help Bring Elaina Home.

If you have a tip, please call 1-800-CALL-FBI. Press 1 for Elaina. She has her own line, bless her heart. They are nice and easy to talk to.

Because of information or ideas posted on here, searchers were able to follow up or the information was passed along to the proper people, or to family depending on the type of information. So please know your time is not being wasted.

Thank you all!!

1-800-CALL-FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads