GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and my parents along with other family members are at the hearing. He is to call me as soon as they get out, I'll post when I hear something, as long as I'm not busy at work...

Got it for you FM...
AS's attorney asked for an extension to get more evidence and the judge granted it. Another pretrial on August 14 -- this could go on for months (or years):facepalm:

ETA: Sorry, I didn't realize FM's post was the last on the page and this page included the answer (2x) to the question of the court appearance. Well, now it's been posted 3 times!

Re SCHMAE "Why isn't that a crime?"

Maybe because there is no Victims' Bill of Rights? Because there is nothing on paper to guarantee that victims also have the right to a speedy resolution of such painful circumstances? Maybe because victims are so often portrayed negatively as having somehow to bear responsibility for the actions of those perpetrating crimes, that legislators don't see a need to focus on creating remedies for their pain?

Maybe because legislators on all levels are more concerned with keeping their hold on power than in fulfilling their responsibilities to all the people in their districts, especially children who most need the protection of the law?

If, for every hour AS or SK refused to give information regarding ES's whereabouts to authorities they had a year tacked onto their sentence, would that be an incentive for them to speak? Would being forced to come before a judicial panel every day, or every few hours be an incentive to face the truth of their own actions or make them feel the need to explain where the baby is?

This cruelty by AS and SK, and possibly MH and JK, towards all those who love Elaina beyond my understanding.

Thanks for your patience with my venting.
My thoughts are with Ferretmommy and her family.

I noticed that too about how he refers to Elaina. Very disconnected.

By AS's past reaction to things her crying and statements are so hard to know the true meaning.

Her body language in court to me seemed like she felt helpless and falsely accused, but felt pinned and scared to talk (the very thing that would grant her freedom)... I fear that someone or a group of ppl also could have taken the baby in retribution for a drug debt. Maybe she fears if she talks they will hurt the baby? She seems very simple minded (no offense) and scared IMO.

Her body language in court to me seemed like she felt helpless and falsely accused, but felt pinned and scared to talk (the very thing that would grant her freedom)... I fear that someone or a group of ppl also could have taken the baby in retribution for a drug debt. Maybe she fears if she talks they will hurt the baby? She seems very simple minded (no offense) and scared IMO.

TS Sir told me she was all smiles in court, even joking with the inmate sitting next to her, and blowing kisses to her dad! Until the bailiff said something to her, then she stopped. I truly hope that one of the TV stations that were there got this behavior on camera. I did not see that the motion for $1000 by her attorney was ruled on either...TSSr said it wasn't discussed.

TS Sir told me she was all smiles in court, even joking with the inmate sitting next to her, and blowing kisses to her dad! Until the bailiff said something to her, then she stopped. I truly hope that one of the TV stations that were there got this behavior on camera. I did not see that the motion for $1000 by her attorney was ruled on either...TSSr said it wasn't discussed.
Good gosh! Elaina, her child, the baby she gave birth to is missing and she's blowing kisses to her daddy and joking with another inmate. Nice.
Makes me so blooming mad I want to go there, grab her by the ear, twist it and start shaking the pooh out of her until she tells me where Elaina is. Grrr

MOO

Will someone post the outcome of todays hearing with the Mom, we really get very little news about this case here in Ontario Canada.

Also what I do not understand, and have been following the case on Nancy and the other shows, if SK did do something with the child why would she want to stay in jail to protect him, or did they both do something, and both have something to hide, I am confused on this issue, any ideas?

I am sure the child is no longer here.

IMHO both are guilty (and probably others in the house too). I think police know more than what they will say.

Blowing kisses to RS? Joking around until the bailiff reminds her to be meek for the cameras? At least she's consistent. This is the "mother" who "loved" her daughter so much for the video shown on NG, that she sat smoking on the steps minutes after telling TJ and TS Sr. that ES had been abducted. So sorry Ferretmommy.

Trying to catch up and I just realized that I'm in the minority here. I honestly don't think SK is guilty of anything other than helping to cover up Angela's actions. I do not believe that he harmed our sweet girl. I have a feeling that Elaina was already injured when Angela made that call to JK in desperate need of a place to stay that night and she fled to the King home because of the sheer number of scape goats. On another note, RS gives me the creeps and it was his home that Angela fled from with the girls ... Why?

So SK's next court date is Aug.2nd., and AS is Aug.14th. A lot can happen between now and then. A lot can happen between Aug.2nd and Aug.14th. Could there be more arrests before then? I sure hope so! I think if JK was arrested as she should be, along with anyone else in that house who refused to talk, we'd have the answers to all by now. Or most of the answers. .... But in the meantime I hope SK is having the very worst withdrawl from heroin that anyone could ever have, and I hope its a b$%ch that just won't go away! I hope AS is sooo paranoid that SK gives up and tells all that she starts leaking information whether intentionally or not. ... But what I think is that a lot will happen between now and next months court dates. I think SK is going to tell what happened, or what happened that casts him in a better light anyhow, and where baby Elaina is. I really don't know what AS will say or do when/if this happens. I thought she'd break long before now, but I was wrong, so who knows. But, I do think that baby Elaina will be found, and AS and SK will be in prison for many years to come.(And perhaps others.)

Praying baby Elaina is found today.

Praying for Justice for baby Elaina.

It's not just the consumption of the drug, whether Heroin, Cocaine, Marijuana, Meth, Alcohol, or whatever, that makes an individual be under the influence to make them snap and commit crimes. It's bad because being under the influence means making bad decisions that can effect their own lives and others. And that's not even counting the health issues, which most addicts, once addicted don't care about.

It's what an individual is driven to do to GET the drug that can lead to much more serious activity into crime, such as murder, robbery, selling, buying, trafficking, etc. Once the drug of choice becomes the "first priority" in a person's life, and it will, then everything else becomes second and third choice, including family, children, job, friends, until there are no other choices.

ACR

My son's sitter has to fly to Spain in August to take custody of her 4 year old niece because her mother took off with her from the US to Prague and got herself involved in a major drug bust. Took a week to locate the child who was finally found dropped off at a non governmental agency, totally abandoned with no clothes, ID, toys, or family. The family has been through h*** trying to get this little girl back here. Been interviewed by FBI, CNN, etc. It is amazing how so incredibly careless and selfish one can be when they get into this sort of thing. Makes me sick to my stomach.

And to think Elaina had a mother (and a mother's boyfriend) who put their lifestyle before their children........

My 2 sons are my whole world, could not even comprehend putting them in harm's way.

BBM - This stepdad's statements are always so interesting to me, from a statement analysis perspective (I'm not one, but I read some books awhile back and just find it neat).

Was AS's crying and "now they'll find out where my baby's at..." statement out of relief or frustration and stress?

When the stepfather speaks of Elaina, he never uses her name. It's always "that baby." Even "this baby" would be less distancing! "That" is very distancing, and never using her name... it just stands out to me.

I totally agree with your post. His statement of what AS said could be interpreted two ways, You're right. Relief that SK will reveal where he put Elaina or stressful that SK will reveal that AS killed the baby. I tend to think that she was panicking.

I pray with all my heart that Elaina is alive and being well taken care of. I wish someone would please please speak up.

Trying to catch up and I just realized that I'm in the minority here. I honestly don't think SK is guilty of anything other than helping to cover up Angela's actions. I do not believe that he harmed our sweet girl. I have a feeling that Elaina was already injured when Angela made that call to JK in desperate need of a place to stay that night and she fled to the King home because of the sheer number of scape goats. On another note, RS gives me the creeps and it was his home that Angela fled from with the girls ... Why?

Hi vasportsmom! You're not in the minority to me! Your scenario as to WHY AS went to JK's THAT night makes a whole lot of sense, and I never thought of this in the way you outline it here. I think you just may have come the closest to what may have happened that night. I too think SK helped AS after baby Elaina was harmed. If you're theory is correct, and it sure sounds plausible to me, then JK would have to be arrested on the same charges, as she claimed to be eating Ramen Noodles with baby Elaina at 9:30pm Sat. night. If baby Elaina was hurt or worse by then, JK's story can't be possible. She has to have known something was wrong whether baby Elaina was hurt before or after AS showed up at her house!

Also I remember that the Friday night AS spent the night somewhere else, not at RS's house. And "Frank" said on NG that Sat. evening, AS was calling everyone looking for something, help or something like that, but was unsuccessful. AS must have called SK not long after. I wonder what it was that AS needed so badly that she didn't stay at RS's Friday and Saturday?

So many questions to be answered! And I think we'll get those answers soon now that things are starting to visibly move.

What the ........!! She cries when she finds out SK is arrested and laughs in court. She is an odd odd duck.........:pullhair:

I guess when she ends up behind bars for years to come maybe she will stop laughing......

Yeah, but why would a man who is not related to you nor is he your boyfriend, Keep such a secret and put his own life in jeopardy? I just can't see where he wouldn't be guilty of something. Why is he running out of backdoors and throwing up when TJ arrives to pick up his kid, not to mention trying to pick a fight with him, even ripping his shirt off? It just makes no sense to me that he could be in any way innocent. I could be wrong, but thats just my take on it all. As for RS I agree he is totally weird and he and AS have a very strange relationship. The claim is that she can't smoke at RS's thats why she went to SK's house. BUt you know what who knows? I've heard some crazy stuff happen.

I think that the reason Angela said "now we'll find out where she is" when she found out SK was arrested is simple.

When TJ came to pick Elaina up the day she went missing, Angela was heard crying "if he takes her, I'll never see her again". Some speculated at that time, that SK was leaving with Elaina to put her someplace, and Angela was saying once SK left with E., she would never see her again. (As opposed to being referring to TJ, who had no reason at that time to try to keep Angela from Elaina 'forever' anyhow).

In that context, Angela feared she would never see Elaina again once SK left the house with her, and once she heard SK was arrested she reacted by saying "now we'll find out where she is!"

To me, these statements are totally consistent with one another.

I sure hope they find the baby Elaina soon and someone would speak up and tell what they know because somebody knows something...I hope the case want turn out like H.cumming
they have never found her and the case as went cold we never hear about her anymore.
I didn't know how to spell her name but the ones that followed the case will know who
H.Cumming is.

Yeah, but why would a man who is not related to you nor is he your boyfriend, Keep such a secret and put his own life in jeopardy? I just can't see where he wouldn't be guilty of something. Why is he running out of backdoors and throwing up when TJ arrives to pick up his kid, not to mention trying to pick a fight with him, even ripping his shirt off? It just makes no sense to me that he could be in any way innocent. I could be wrong, but thats just my take on it all. As for RS I agree he is totally weird and he and AS have a very strange relationship. The claim is that she can't smoke at RS's thats why she went to SK's house. BUt you know what who knows? I've heard some crazy stuff happen.

I wonder if as vasportsmom theorized that AS could have hurt baby Elaina before she went to JK's, baby Elaina would have been ok if AS had gotten medical help for baby Elaina right away, but CHOSE instead to go to JK's. Way back not long after this happened, AS was heard to say that only SK could help her, as to why she couldn't or wouldn't stay at RS's the way she was supposed to. I think this was around the time we saw the video of AS and baby Elaina on "Frank's" porch, and when he was on NG. If I'm off on the timing,someone please correct me. It was either then or right before that when we heard that. I want to know what it is that AS meant by that. Maybe she did something to baby Elaina before she went to JK's, but baby Elaina could have been helped if AS had called for help, but once she CHOSE to go instead to JK's, both her and SK either ignored baby Elaina's condition, or saw that she was hurt worse than what AS thought and they both either did something that ended any chance of medical intervention either directly, or 'indirectly' by ignoring baby Elaina's condition and then after it was too late, both disposed of baby Elaina and in this scenario both AS and SK are trying to save their own skins.

I wonder if as vasportsmom theorized that AS could have hurt baby Elaina before she went to JK's, baby Elaina would have been ok if AS had gotten medical help for baby Elaina right away, but CHOSE instead to go to JK's. Way back not long after this happened, AS was heard to say that only SK could help her, as to why she couldn't or wouldn't stay at RS's the way she was supposed to. I think this was around the time we saw the video of AS and baby Elaina on "Frank's" porch, and when he was on NG. If I'm off on the timing,someone please correct me. It was either then or right before that when we heard that. I want to know what it is that AS meant by that. Maybe she did something to baby Elaina before she went to JK's, but baby Elaina could have been helped if AS had called for help, but once she CHOSE to go instead to JK's, both her and SK either ignored baby Elaina's condition, or saw that she was hurt worse than what AS thought and they both either did something that ended any chance of medical intervention either directly, or 'indirectly' by ignoring baby Elaina's condition and then after it was too late, both disposed of baby Elaina and in this scenario both AS and SK are trying to save their own skins.

I'm not sure, but what I will say is that the video of AS and Elaina was kind of strange. At times it seemed like AS had been crying or was crying and then the whole rocking back and forth thing has me thinking too. THat's the kind of thing I do when my child is hurt or I'm upset. Don't get me wrong I'm sure people rock their kids all the time at that age, but it just seemed as though there was something wrong when you look at AS's body language, not to mention she couldn't leave her phone alone. So maybe you guys are on to something. Then if I remember correctly she seems to look down at Elaina as to ask if she was okay. However she could have been saying or doing almost anything I'm just going by what I could see. And I should add that RS is stuck on the whole baby being hurt thing and how AS should have taken her to the dr. If vasportmom is refering to RS possibly hurting her and AS running away then it seems plausible with everything that has been said or done, but I don't think that SK would have covered up for him considering they didn't seem to like each other. The whole damn thing is just so confusing!

And if AS hurt Elaina and brought her to my house I don't know about you but I would have called police or told her to leave. I wouldn't have let her stay there. And why would SK risk himself like that? I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw