OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot being posted here that isn’t verified in any way and is most rumor.

I live in the area and it is NOT confirmed that the fire “occurred at a landfill Harley’s dad works at”.
A fire did occur at a recycling plant almost an hour away from Port Clinton. It does not appear to be the same company dad works for, IMO.

Nor is it confirmed that he brought his work truck to the house. This is straight rumor.

The last part about sighting and mom is confirmed though. Per News 5 WEWS.

Not chastising and I’m usually not annoyed by rumor stuff but this thread is running amok at this point.

Just to clarify the mom said she did NOT see him right

Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return In this article it says: " Asked when she last saw her son and whether it was that Friday morning, Dilly said, "I didn’t see him, I talked to him. There’s a difference. That’s really all we can say, it’s an open investigation and that’s the biggest thing people are not understanding. We can’t share because we don’t want to jeopardize him."

Mother of missing Ohio teen pleads for son’s return

32 mins ago

PORT CLINTON, Ohio (CNN) — Police are still looking for a 14-year-old Ohio boy who hasn’t been seen since before Christmas.

Now, Harley Dilly’s mother, Heather, is asking the community for help.

Investigators haven’t released much information about the search for her son, but Dilly thanked the police and said investigations take time. She urged the community to keep looking for her son and to understand how hard this has been on her family.

“The scrutiny that comes with it, nobody tells you how you’re going to be bashed and your family, and the biggest focus is Harley. That’s the biggest thing,” she said. “You know, everybody can think whatever they want, and that’s fine. But he’s out there somewhere, and you know, it’s two weeks, and I have to get up every day and look in that room and he’s not there.”
~snip

Video at link:
Mother of missing Ohio teen pleads for son’s return

I would say things that sound awful but in my family lighten the tension of the moment. Sarcasm or outlandish threats like, I’ll rip your eyelids off, crazy glue em shut, poke your left eye out with a spoon... for some reason we find it amusing & we can get real creative.

I am cracking up, because my mom did the same thing. She often would say, "I will rip your arm off and beat you with the bloody stump". Sounds horrible, but it made all four of us stop and laugh. She was only 5' tall. Me? I learned long ago that screaming only gave me a sore throat. Parenting was much more successful when I spoke softly.

If Harley was told to leave and go home around 7pm, was there anyone to go home to there that night? He probably tagged along with his friend since school let out and was there through early evening. He might have wanted to stay at friends house but couldn’t. Then going home to an empty house. He might have really been depressed. (I remember how that goes, I had four stair step kids in five years so we always had neighborhood kids over - there were definitely times I had to politely insist kids go home when all they wanted to do was hang out here)

I’m trying to keep up but I’m having trouble discerning fact from rumor/FB/etc.

Is this correct?

Harley was at school on Thursday, December 19th.

Harley went to a friend’s house after school on that same day.

He was asked to go home at 7pm.

His friend (school?) and the friend’s family were the last to physically see and speak to Harley.

His mother said she spoke to him but did not “see” him. Unknown date/time.

Questions
*His mother is employed? If not, she would be home most of the time especially with a 4 year old at home.

*Harley’s Phone is broken. How was he communicating with his mother about being at friends, when coming home, etc. Unless this is a next door neighbor friend, I’m curious about this free range arrangement.

*His parents went to dinner with the 4 year old but without Harley?

*Did Harley go directly from school to the friends house?

I’m sorry if this has been discussed previously, I can fix another mimosa and try to focus o_O

Thanks

When our son was in High School, he called me and asked if he could bring a friend home for a few days to stay. His friend was kicked out of his home by mom and step-dad. He ended up staying for a couple of weeks (until bio-dad got an apt for him to join him). Anyway, this kid had only the clothes on his back, so my boys shared their clothes with him. It could be that HD is no longer wearing the puffy coat.
Side note: This kid is now a local LE officer and stops in my house often for bathroom breaks or to raid my fridge. I love him as my own.

Is this correct?

His friend (school?) and the friend’s family were the last to physically see and speak to Harley.

Questions
*His mother is employed? If not, she would be home most of the time especially with a 4 year old at home.

*Harley’s Phone is broken. How was he communicating with his mother about being at friends, when coming home, etc. Unless this is a next door neighbor friend, I’m curious about this free range arrangement.

I’m sorry if this has been discussed previously, I can fix another mimosa and try to focus o_O

Thanks
Is this correct? Yes afaik.

Questions: idk any of the answers for sure. I’m assuming the 4 yr old went with them to dinner. I haven’t heard different but I haven’t seen the post mom uploaded during the dinner. It’s been discussed. I’ll have to go back and look. I think Harley was on his own most of the time and had free will to roam and make many of his own decisions as to his activities and whereabouts. moo. I wonder what the parents of other children/classmates shown in his videos are thinking now after watching.

Fix me one too while you’re at it my friend. I got up early, it’s gonna be a long day.

Is this correct?

Questions

Thanks

He was asked to go home at 7pm. (on Thursday Dec 19 ) this is correct/LE
His mother said she spoke to him but did not “see” him. (on Friday Dec 20) this is correct/MSM
The phone is broken/LE

When our son was in High School, he called me and asked if he could bring a friend home for a few days to stay. His friend was kicked out of his home by mom and step-dad. He ended up staying for a couple of weeks (until bio-dad got an apt for him to join him). Anyway, this kid had only the clothes on his back, so my boys shared their clothes with him. It could be that HD is no longer wearing the puffy coat.
Side note: This kid is now a local LE officer and stops in my house often for bathroom breaks or to raid my fridge. I love him as my own.
This is a heart warming story. Bless you and your kindness and understanding. Re: the puffy coat. I wish we knew what he was wearing underneath the jacket. It’s never been disclosed. I personally don’t think mom knows for sure and guessed/assumed what he was wearing.

I am cracking up, because my mom did the same thing. She often would say, "I will rip your arm off and beat you with the bloody stump". Sounds horrible, but it made all four of us stop and laugh. She was only 5' tall. Me? I learned long ago that screaming only gave me a sore throat. Parenting was much more successful when I spoke softly.

Your mom is my kinda gal!

I was reminiscing this morning with my son on the phone about it. He reminded me when I got a call from the principle after he threatened a kid that was annoying him with one of our favorites. We had a good laugh, I had to go pick him up and in front of the Principle I told him when we got home, He was in BIG TROUBLE - I was going kick his knees until they bent the wrong way, he looked up at me and said, Again? We both laughed....Principle was not amused. Good Times... lol

Why did they not stop over to the friends house they thought he was before dinner to tell him they would be at dinner since they could not call him?
Right? Or at least call to ask if it was OK that Harley stay there. It seems odd they just assume some other kid’s family is stepping up. Wouldn’t you want to thank them, too?

I’ll go back and look for it. I saw that post myself either on the Talk of Port Clinton public page or in the comments on the PCPD Facebook page a few days ago.
I too saw the post and resulting discussion on Talk of Port Clinton (uncensored)

You're scaring me.
And I don't get frightened easily.
But I'm scared for Harley and it seems like this may not end well.
Possibly there will be no answers if he's never found ?
Well It has been stated they are fully cooperating with the investigation, they have searched the home, with dogs. I'm pretty sure they are on them like white on rice. They know about the garbage truck. The FBI is helping. So I'm sure they know about it too. So they know if it's valid,or if it's just whackos spreading rumors. I hope we see this getting solved on Live PD. and Harley is found safe,and alive.
MOO

Right? Or at least call to ask if it was OK that Harley stay there. It seems odd they just assume some other kid’s family is stepping up. Wouldn’t you want to thank them, too?

nah, as a responsible mom you figure out soon enough the parents that just don’t care. I used to attempt to contact other parents, they act annoyed or don’t answer their phone or call back. So you just don’t bother anymore. Those are the kids that never want to leave.
I was always the one that picked up everyone’s kid and drove them home and watched until they entered the house, which was usually empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay