OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why include this?
What do his bathing habits have to do with ANYTHING????

Detective Timmons: This is out of character for him. He has a very particular schedule. He eats certain foods, he bathes several times a day, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day, if he goes to a friend's house - he'll go to the house, return the next morning to bathe before going back to the friend's house to spend the day. So he stays around the house fairly often.”

I agree! It was so odd to waste valuable air time discussing those things! Plus, if his normal schedule was to bathe 4 or 5 times a day even if he was hanging out at a friend's house, WHY THEN didn't that set alarm bells off to his family that he hadn't been home to bathe for two days??

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with this case, it's nearly impossible to pin down even basic facts and the story keeps changing and contradicting itself!

I REALLY hope the Chief is planning a press conference and planning on answering questions. The grandiose claim of committing to a press conference everyday until Harley is found and giving up in 4 days while the perpetuation of misinformation gets out of hand is ridiculous at this point IMO.
I thought they said that they were gonna stop the daily updates until they had more info or did I read something wrong? Wouldn't be the first time that happened, I am looking for the article currently

I agree! It was so odd to waste valuable air time discussing those things! Plus, if his normal schedule was to bathe 4 or 5 times a day even if he was hanging out at a friend's house, WHY THEN didn't that set alarm bells off to his family that he hadn't been home to bathe for two days??

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with this case, it's nearly impossible to pin down even basic facts and the story keeps changing and contradicting itself!

exactly - Seems the parents lock the door when they leave the house & he doesn’t have a house key, unless they finally gave him one. They weren’t too concerned about him coming home & not being able to get in to take a bath! If it’s an OCD thing they didn’t care he’d be upset either.

If they think Harley went to go meet someone (or even if he did say/mean "if" and that is even being considered in the realm of possibility), wouldn't it have made sense to ask people to check their cameras for footage of ANY people in that area at that time or any suspicious vehicles??? Why are we just finding this out now?

I REALLY hope the Chief is planning a press conference and planning on answering questions. The grandiose claim of committing to a press conference everyday until Harley is found and giving up in 4 days while the perpetuation of misinformation gets out of hand is ridiculous at this point IMO.

12/31/2019 2:40 PM
Hickman said he will no longer hold in-person press conferences daily, but from now on will only release new information on the Port Clinton police Facebook page, where speculation about what happened to Harley has been rampant and shared across social media platforms.

Sandusky Register

12/31/2019 2:40 PM
Hickman said he will no longer hold in-person press conferences daily, but from now on will only release new information on the Port Clinton police Facebook page, where speculation about what happened to Harley has been rampant and shared across social media platforms.

Sandusky Register

I am aware. During all of the initial press conferences he said repeatedly he would be there every single day at 3pm to give a press conference until Harley was home. It lasted all of 4 or 5 days.

Am I the only one bugging out right now??? We are just now finding out TWO WEEKS after Harley is gone that he went to meet someone? And they have no details on who this person is, where Harley should be looked for, or any camera footage or sighting of a person or vehicle???
I KNOW , RIGHT ??
*sigh*
Sorry, just having a "Does anyone care about Harley Dilly ?" meltdown !

And am having trust issues with some of the sources of information.
It's as if we here at WS are more concerned for Harley's well-being then others.

It makes more sense based on earlier version- he left mad,

imagine this- he could have been injured and was laying somewhere ...these fools didn’t even bother really looking early on. He’d have frozen to death waiting for someone to even notice ...

OK, so what is the truth about the phone? was it broke the week prior to him going missing or the day of him going missing? The A&E segment said the phone was broken at the residence the day that he left. He could have said "The phone was broken prior to his leaving".
Wording is EVERYTHING when it comes to a missing person. We can read between the lines or take them at face value. BUT, the way it was said abt the phone idk.

I thought they said that they were gonna stop the daily updates until they had more info or did I read something wrong? Wouldn't be the first time that happened, I am looking for the article currently
I think this entire case is to big for the chief of police and he should just step aside and bring in the big dogs.the air time was a waste all about the kid bathing.i know they can’t tell everything but at least the stuff the community can look for.they should be out searching and questioning more people.

This is Flipping Insane!

Why have they held the community back from searches? Hundreds of vilunteers could have canvassed HUGE SWATHS doing a grid search BY NOW!

GOOD GRIEF!

I feel like pulling my hair out after I repeatedly bash my head into a wall!!!

I skipped 20 pages and will never catch up. Because I did exactly this unintentionally last night when I fell asleep on page 51 or so. Several steri-strips and a huge headache later... I don't recommend it.

Why can't they just get the story straight and stick with it? Please?

OK, so what is the truth about the phone? was it broke the week prior to him going missing or the day of him going missing? The A&E segment said the phone was broken at the residence the day that he left. He could have said "The phone was broken prior to his leaving".
Wording is EVERYTHING when it comes to a missing person. We can read between the lines or take them at face value. BUT, the way it was said abt the phone idk.

He said "His cell phone was broken at the residence whenever he left."

I took it to mean that his cell phone was already broken some time before the time he left, presumably the week prior based on other LE statements.

I KNOW , RIGHT ??
*sigh*
Sorry, just having a "Does anyone care about Harley Dilly ?" meltdown !

And am having trust issues with some of the sources of information.
It's as if we here at WS are more concerned for Harley's well-being then others.

I didn't hear that he went to meed someone. It wasn't in what I found and posted. If that's the case there are BIGGER issues. who did he go to meet, why meet them and where did he initially set this up

It makes more sense based on earlier version- he left mad,

imagine this- he could have been injured and was laying somewhere ...these fools didn’t even bother really looking early on. He’d have frozen to death waiting for someone to even notice ...
bbm
Sounds like the story of his life.

I sense that people didn't care as much as they want us to believe.
And why the story from LE now about his 'meeting up' with someone ?
If they have solid information about that-- you'd think he'd have been found by now.
Or at least promising leads. :(

Here are my thoughts on the vague timeline. If mom is in bed when Harley came in to her room, that means that he got up and got himself ready, walked in and talked with her and left. She could have not looked at the clock when he came in, or gone back to sleep after the conversation. But it’s awful how there is no solid timeline. I guess other than the video footage of supposedly Harley crossing the street. And nice to know it’s the house across the street, that makes me feel more solid that it WAS Harley. I was frustrated as heck when we found out just yesterday that she didn’t actually see him or his last clothing and now this bomb from the pd about possibly meeting up with someone. How can chief say with such certainty that he is for sure a runaway in his mind if Harley has such specific needs and routines? Those two things contradict each other.

What is the truth about anything ??? *bangs head on desk*
The phone was broken a week before, no it was taken away the morning he went missing and that's what caused him to leave and now ... It was broken that morning at the house.

Is there some secret detective method that I am not aware of that includes literally contradicting everything you report in the next reporting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay